It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity Has Landed!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCaucasianAmerican

I don't think so, because it has no explosive element to it, it just gets power from radioactivity. I would assume the "fuel" is even contained in something that would make it less hazardous. A nuclear weapon spreads radioactive particles all around. These batteries just aren't meant to do that as far as I know, but I'm not a rocket scientist.

I guess you could turn it into a dirty bomb, but not a very effective one. Maybe one big enough to kill yourself and the rest of your cult. (if you all huddled around it)
edit on 6-8-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

That sucks. But hey it was worth asking.

Just trying to pass the time because this press conference is pretty boring IMO.

Some person wasted their valuble question asking " Are you now going to name your daughter Curiosity?"
Haha then finally 2 minutes later he finally said "No. I am Not"
But they did say they are in estimate of 500m from the base of the mountain. (not confirmed)

They should just raise the camera now. Im glued to the screen.
But as of now they are just making up questions as they go along.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCaucasianAmerican

Maybe, but its half life is like 30 years so they better get the ship ready to go get it, no time for R&D!

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
They land it in a barren place, yet again, and have no color or clear images? Really? In todays era?

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Read something. You might learn something about what was and is expected from Curiosity.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

OH, something that doesnt involve good pictures? Really? How very special. Its a freaking joke beyond and they deserve jail sentences on their huge fraud.

A friend says it looks like they landed in some dried up lake bed, only he doesnt think its mars. Advanced HP color film would be awesome though. And I could suggest some good spots to land too for that matter.
edit on 6-8-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Don't worry. The space brothers will punish them in due time.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Did it land where NASA was aiming for ?

The landing spot actually plays a pretty big part in Curiosity's mission .
edit on 6-8-2012 by Max_TO because: (bad spelling half asleep : P)

edit on 6-8-2012 by Max_TO because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Phage

Don't even go there, this whole is beyond criminal and its a complete mockery and rip off of the human race.

+1 more 
link   

It takes time for color pictures because of the distance this # is being transmitted from.

The rover landed in a wide plain in a crater near the bottom of a mountain for satefy. They are expecting to learn something due to the geography of the exposed mountain.

Read something genius, you're giving a bad name to Canada. For god sakes google it.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Yes. It is within the target area. Well within.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Nice !

Can't wait to see things develop over the coming weeks and months

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   

The hazard cams are only 2 megapixels. there are 4 total placed side by side, two in the front and two in the back. They are there to watch out for hazards only really.

The main camera i believe to be 8 megapixels and will be deployed in the next couple of days.

Also the lens covers are still on the hazcams thus making it slightly blurry with dust on the lens cap.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
reply to post by Phage

OH, something that doesnt involve good pictures? Really? How very special. Its a freaking joke beyond and they deserve jail sentences on their huge fraud.

A friend says it looks like they landed in some dried up lake bed, only he doesnt think its mars. Advanced HP color film would be awesome though. And I could suggest some good spots to land too for that matter.
edit on 6-8-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

And so it begins. That was fast! Read the thread, you might learn something.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
people need to realise we have a 30 light minute distance from mars... dont expect hd 1080i videos streaming directly

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by TopherWayne

Yea no crap, from somebody with 15k posts nonetheless. Me and others have been trying to explain this same simple thing for 3 pages. Maybe the fact that this is coming from MARS needs to be highlighted in the OP so people will get it.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
If they can put a man on the moon surely they can use color HP. If its BW its not real. That is the opinion expressed by a friend and I second that notion.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Pinke

Okay i am now very very very drunk and i no longer can see mars...but the pink elephants are great....But i agree with others that have said....the best is yet to come....It will take time for the images to come through in a reasonable fashion...also i am sure they will be doing a whole lot of instrumentation testing for a bit before we see to much....You know....blotting out the villages...removing the alien traffic lights from the scenes....and making sure the kids stay off the rover so that it does not get damaged.

Also if some alien race put a metric ton piece of equipment on this planet what would we do?

But this moment for now should be well celebrated....I was a kid watching the tele all night with he first moon missions and now i get to be a kid again watching this event unfold....cool....

Just give it at least a week till we start to derail the overall success of the mission.....the largest man made object has now landed on mars.
edit on 023131p://f40Monday by plube because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

I just did for you haha...

I made it pretty clear to them now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join