It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama authorizes covert US support for Syrian rebels – reports

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Obama authorizes covert US support for Syrian rebels – reports

www.rt.com

US President Barack Obama has signed a secret order allowing the CIA and other American agencies to support rebels seeking to overthrow the Assad regime, a US government source told Reuters.

Obama reportedly gave the order, known as an intelligence “finding”, earlier this year. The presidential finding also provides for US collaboration with a secret command center operated by Turkey and its allies.

Details to follow
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 1-8-2012 by seenavv because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Well, was only a matter of time... this has probably been happening already this whole time but unofficially.
Libya 2.0 is at hand, and the Zionist agenda has once again manifested itself, eventually to dominate the entire middle east.
Side note: Funny, Ehud Barak (former Israeli prime minister) predicted all of this just 3 hours after the 911 attacks
www.youtube.com...

www.rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 1-8-2012 by seenavv because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
lmao... more cya from dizzy city... they've been supporting the rebels and causing trouble in syria from the start .... nine times out of ten when s*** starts somewhere in the world the corrupt old bastards in dizzy city are the instigaters of it...
edit on 1/8/12 by Expat888 because: drunken tengu causing havoc...

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Is this even really a new revelation? Seems like the MSM has confirmed this weeks ago, havent they? At the very least, the white house has acknowledged they are 'coordinating' efforts with the 'rebels', deciding who gets what kinds of equipment, etc.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
nine times out of ten when s*** starts somewhere in the world the corrupt old bastards in dizzy city are the instigaters of it...
edit on 1/8/12 by Expat888 because: drunken tengu causing havoc...
yup, but remember... only if there is natural resources or geo-political interests at stake!

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by seenavv

Well, I read the claims but I don’t see any evidence.

First of all - it’s RT.

Second - it’s an “anonymous source”.

Third - there are no pix.

Sounds like propaganda and wishful thinking, though it wouldn't surprise me if it was true.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Reuters also reported it, and I might be incorrect, but I think RT reported it first.

Here is the reuters link:

Obama authorizes secret support for Syrian Rebels

President Barack Obama has signed a secret order authorizing U.S. support for rebels seeking to depose Syrian President Bashar al-Assad and his government, sources familiar with the matter said.

And it seems that Reuters sources are as credible as RT's, if not the same.

I find it curious that this is a supposed secret order, but it has been reported in several news websites. What is the point of giving a secret order if you are going to disclose it to the public?...
edit on 1-8-2012 by GarrusVasNormandy because: better rephrased

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
worldnews.nbcnews.com...

President Barack Obama has signed a so-called "intelligence finding" authorizing covert aid to the Syrian rebels seeking to depose Syrian President Bashar al-Assad and his government , NBC News has confirmed.

There you have it, USA is providing financial aid to terrorists which makes the US complicit.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by GarrusVasNormandy

I find it curious that this is a supposed secret order, but it has been reported in several news websites. What is the point of giving a secret order if you are going to disclose it to the public?...

The media said so so it must be true!

It hasn’t been proven that there is such a “secret order”.

This is likely propaganda being thrown out there so people (like many in this thread) will take it as fact and perpetuate the lie.

Look at them falling for it!!! They’re eating it up with no proof!

Deny what??

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

You know what is sad?
Stories like this and the US/West supplying the rebels sniper rifles supposedly demonstrates how evil the US/West are meanwhile stories about humanitarian helicopters I mean peaceful Russian supplied attack choppers get justified.

Meanwhile, Civilians are getting it from both sides.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Really, what the hell is it with this administration and leaks?

Is the Oval Office the RMS Titanic these days?

I have never... ever... seen such a blatant disregard for OPSEC in my life. Absolutely laughable!

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

You know what is sad?
Stories like this and the US/West supplying the rebels sniper rifles supposedly demonstrates how evil the US/West are meanwhile stories about humanitarian helicopters I mean peaceful Russian supplied attack choppers get justified.

Meanwhile, Civilians are getting it from both sides.

It’s only evil when the US or Israel do it.

Kind of like its only racism in America when a white guy does it.

No double standard here, people….move along….nothing to see!

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Dreine

This present administration is a joke when it comes to anything involving Middle Eastern situations.

1. Increases drone strikes way above anything Bush did.
2. Let's top secret chopper parts fall into Chinese hands via Pakistan.
3. Let's Iran capture a drone

Sometimes I wonder whose side the administrations on?

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

There you have it, USA is providing financial aid to terrorists which makes the US complicit.

THERE YOU HAVE IT???

The scores are in:

Propaganda = 1

THE_PROFESSIONAL = 0

The media said it - it must be true. After all, RT is never biased against the US and Russia has no stake in the ME whatsoever.

edit on 1-8-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by seenavv

Hardly a secret.... a Syrian taxi driver told me about this on the way to the airport months ago.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by GarrusVasNormandy
reply to post by seabag

Reuters also reported it, and I might be incorrect, but I think RT reported it first.

Here is the reuters link:

Obama authorizes secret support for Syrian Rebels

President Barack Obama has signed a secret order authorizing U.S. support for rebels seeking to depose Syrian President Bashar al-Assad and his government, sources familiar with the matter said.

And it seems that Reuters sources are as credible as RT's, if not the same.

edit on 1-8-2012 by GarrusVasNormandy because: better rephrased

It's part of the "transparency" thing that Obama talked about during the '08 elections.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
The US needs to break off and back out of this. It's turned out we were backing Al Qaeda in Libya and DOH! Gee ..How many people were all but screaming it at the time? That must have been quite a hoot for U.S. people to be kicking ammo boxes out to people who might have been fighting their buddies in a different theater a few months before.

We're doing it again. This is stupid and bordering on Insane. Sure, Russia is running supplies in, but this is a primary Russian strategic partner and client state. It's nowhere remotely close to non-aligned and I'm afraid we'd better consider a return to some of those terms because the world is looking might familiar here suddenly. Syria is for Syrians and it's Russia's baby. Always has been. Not ours.

This is just friggen crazy here. The leaks are going to start having strategic effects for the love of God. They've got to stop this. Whether we agree about support to the rebels or not, the fact we even know about it to talk about it means there has been a HUGE 4 alarm FAIL here somewhere a long the line and it's getting to be a damn habit. State and/or the White House are my guesses but enough! Stop already! It's gonna start getting people killed with this info flowing like the Fountain.. sheesh

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Oh this is beautiful. Not only is RT found to be as reliable as the oval office, but alCIAda is officially a US asset again.

Wonderful news!!

I'm waiting for all the servicemen and woman from Iraq and Afghanistan to figure this out ....

Al Qaida is now an ALLY!!! Maybe obomber will give them medals next, you know, for spreading peace and democracy to those who really don't want any.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
No one likes to talk about "Benevolent Obma's " Proxy wars and hush military aid programs.

I published this thread yesterday regarding the escalating operations in Somalia to topple Al-Shabab. Nothing but Crickets. Last year the US denied any role in the fight in Somalia and now Clinton is talking about it....
www.abovetopsecret.com...

All being done under the radar as much as possible in an election year.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

How does a Gov order become propaganda?

I was under the impression that propaganda is a false(or not) manipulation of information, with the objective of supporting one side of the issue while hurting the other.

I don't understand how the President giving an order to his executive office could be seen as propaganda. Especially when it's a "secret" order that ended up disclosed to the public.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join