It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll: Obama over 50% in Florida, Ohio and Pennsylvania

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

(CNN) - President Barack Obama has a majority of voters backing him in three critical battleground states, according to a survey released Wednesday.

The Quinnipiac University/CBS News/New York Times poll showed Obama leading his Republican challenger Mitt Romney in Florida 51%-45%, in Ohio 50%-44%, and in Pennsylvania 53%-42%. Florida and Ohio are considered toss-ups in November's general election, while Pennsylvania is rated "lean Obama" on CNN's Electoral Map.

CNN

Obama's polling numbers continue to rise in poll after poll. There are many ways Obama can be re elected and very few ways Romney can win. With only a few months remaining till the election What do you expect to happen? Will it be 4 more years? At this point it seems so.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

I think that what you have stated...has been the plan for quite some time.

I really believe he will be elected for another 4 years.

edit on 1-8-2012 by caladonea because: correction

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

The numbers are telling.
Even with an approval rating under 50%.

People still are willing to vote for Obama.

I guess an evil you know is better than an evil you don't know.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

This poll is pure propaganda….nice try!

It seems unlikely that Obama would be doing better in these states than he did 4 years ago. If you look at page 9 of the detailed results provided by the pollster (now linked to the New York Times and CBS for these state polls), you get the answer for the odd results:

Those surveyed revealed who they voted for in 2008. Here are the results by state (Page 9):

Florida: Obama 53%, McCain 40%

Ohio: Obama 53%, McCain 38%

Pennsylvania: Obama 54%, McCain 40%.

In other words, the bias towards Obama voters is 10% in Florida and Ohio, and 4% in Pennsylvania, compared to how people actually voted in these states in 2008.

These results are as valuable as the media that sponsored them. It is a shame that Quinnipiac, which was once respected, has thrown in with the propagandists.
link

If this poll is accurate that means Obama loses these states based on the numbers in 08'!!

edit on 1-8-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Liberals will vote for him despite being more pro-war than anyone before him because it doesn't matter if he's a war mongerer as long as he's a Dem

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire

(CNN) - President Barack Obama has a majority of voters backing him in three critical battleground states, according to a survey released Wednesday.

The Quinnipiac University/CBS News/New York Times poll showed Obama leading his Republican challenger Mitt Romney in Florida 51%-45%, in Ohio 50%-44%, and in Pennsylvania 53%-42%. Florida and Ohio are considered toss-ups in November's general election, while Pennsylvania is rated "lean Obama" on CNN's Electoral Map.

CNN

Obama's polling numbers continue to rise in poll after poll. There are many ways Obama can be re elected and very few ways Romney can win. With only a few months remaining till the election What do you expect to happen? Will it be 4 more years? At this point it seems so.

Happy to hear this, Romney sounds like a Christian fanatic to me... He talks a lot but doesn't do anything meaningful... Obama is a level headed guy who must focus more on implementing his policies as soon as possible. Republicans have tried their best to prevent the congress from doing its duties...

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

You use a obvious political shrill website to debunk the poll? Thats pretty funny.

Here is the link to there homepage, tell me this isn't a shrill site:
American Thinker

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Truthfinder666

who must focus more on implementing his policies as soon as possible

Thats what I am worried about, with a 2nd term he will be fearless to do as he pleases, no need to worry about re-election...

He's back peddled on so many issues that he promised in his first term that I have no idea what a 2nd term would look like...

Neither Mittens or Obama will be getting my vote.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
So we are basically guaranteed at least four more years of this economic mess. Can't say I am surprised. We have the choice of one warmonger financed by the financial institutions or another warmonger financed by the same institutions. But they are the ones who pick who we get to elect anyway...

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
polls polls polls only as good as the sampling

Jim Geraghty at National Review succinctly sums up the poll's sampling problems: "When Quinnipiac asked its swing state samples, “Did you vote for Barack Obama or John McCain in 2008? Obama enjoys a 13 percentage point margin in Florida and a 15 percentage point margin in Ohio. Of course, in 2008, Obama won Florida by three percentage points and Ohio by 4.6 percentage points. So these are some really heavily Democrat samples."

The bottom line for critics is that the Quinnipiac/NYT/CBS polls assume that Democrats will turn out in larger proportions for Obama than they did in 2008. This, they argue, is hard to imagine given the historic enthusiasm for Obama and the Bush fatigue that suppressed GOP turnout. With the economy lagging, the president should be facing enthusiasm headwinds, which is what recent Gallup polls have found.

www.deseretnews.com...

ON to the next poll....and the next and the next

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
reply to post by seabag

You use a obvious political shrill website to debunk the poll? Thats pretty funny.

Here is the link to there homepage, tell me this isn't a shrill site:
American Thinker

No need for bogus ad hominem attacks.

Look at the poll numbers vs actual votes from 08’and then compare it to the results of the poll you posted.

CONTEXT is everything, friend!

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I always find intrade to be the most informative on this sort of thing:

www.intrade.com...

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I am ashamed to live in Pennslyvania

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Well I just took a poll at my local mall and Beezer's avatar is very favored to win this presidential election.
Not by more than 20% because some dont like crying bunnies.
Polls mean absolutely nothing without knowing what the questions are and who you asked them to. Even knowing those two things don't make a poll mean anything.
edit on 1-8-2012 by eazyriderl_l because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Thats what I am worried about, with a 2nd term he will be fearless to do as he pleases, no need to worry about re-election...

He's back peddled on so many issues that he promised in his first term that I have no idea what a 2nd term would look like...

Agreed! With either of em we are screwed! It amazes me that we have allowed our elections to become so scewed to the globalist scum!

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Liberals will vote for him despite being more pro-war than anyone before him because it doesn't matter if he's a war mongerer as long as he's a Dem

Liberals are indeed rather hypocritical, but more pro war than anyone before him? Hmmmm I smell hyperbole.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
reply to post by Truthfinder666

who must focus more on implementing his policies as soon as possible

I think that without the fear of being reelected he will actually start doing the right thing for the people. No one ever achieves much in their first term.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Outside of a brief barely involved campaign in Libya what other conflcit has Obama started? Maybe I missed all the wars because last I checked we pulled out of one and heading out of the other. In fact the world in a historicaly down right peaceful.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Do proxy wars count?? How about Obama's Drone Wars? You were just in this thread as the US continues to ratchet it up its efforts in this region of Africa.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 1-8-2012 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Originally posted by jibeho
How about Obama's Drone Wars?

Boy! People call anything a "war" these days. Pretty soon, we'll hear that Obama started a "war" on Chick-Fil-A and straight people!

I think Romney's "Insult Tour" has a lot to do with Obama's numbers. People are realizing just what a doofus this guy is.
edit on 8/1/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join