It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Weird Anomalies!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

This will probably sound a bit random... but to me it looks more like a key with a human skull... meaning Humanity has the answer, holds the key to open what cant be seen... (if the photos are real that is)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
There was a Japanese anime I saw years ago, wish I remembered the name.

The whole plot was their planet was dying due to their own neglect or something, in the end two people escaped the dying world to find earth.

The planet turns out to be Mars, and the two peoples names where similar to Adam and Eve.

It was really cool, and found that whole concept intriguing, much like that old Twilight zone episode.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Outstanding thread!

S&F for ya,

I'm a space geek and thought I'd seen most everything. NOT SO! Many of these were new to me!

Nice.....

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

MARS

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
With nearly all of these photos, it would be good to do a little research and find clearer, more recent images. Many are now available. What usually happens with these anomalies is that they magically disappear once better images are found. SPOOKY!

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
The rat pic looks like a viking boat.......

+10 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

Fun stuff, but, likely all of it's Pareidolia

Pareidolia - wiki

Basically; seeing what you want to see.

That can work BOTH ways Druscilla. Maybe you see nothing because thats what YOU want to see?

edit on 1-8-2012 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
We've had rovers on Mars. Why doesn't NASA target these anomalies with their rovers instead of taking blurry photos from space? I also find the dome and skull picture hard to explain with light and shadows.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Who knows if anyone knows what the heck those things really are. Natural formations, or not, none of us know.

But it is so difficult to imagine that if the universe is really that incredibly old, and if Mars once had seas and vegetation, then perhaps it also harbored intelligent life like here on Earth now. The article below states that Mars had water several hundred million years ago, I ask myself, what would the Earth look like several hundred million years after the water was gone?

Its hard to imagine buildings, houses, etc still being perfectly preserved after that amount of time. Maybe some eroded structures would remain covered in much much sand... maybe like the ones now on Mars...

www.csmonitor.com...
edit on 1-8-2012 by SpaceCowboy78 because: extra like not liked

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Well, there is the theory that humans were created in a laboratory on Mars... which I don't believe to be honest.

I do, however, believe that there was once intelligent life. For numerous reasons it, in my opinion, only makes sense. The question is, what was it like? What kind of civilisation lived there?

And on the current state of Mars... Frankly, despite how dead the planet may look, it wouldn't surprise me if someone or something was still up there - or rather down there; in the underground. After all, Mars has more holes (read entrances) than a Swiss cheese...

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cybernet
Frankly, despite how dead the planet may look, it wouldn't surprise me if someone or something was still up there - or rather down there; in the underground. After all, Mars has more holes (read entrances) than a Swiss cheese...

I agree entirely, and that would explain why we only ever get pixelated pics of anything that might be interesting. It would also explain why so many probes mysteriously stopped working when they reached mars.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Jose Escamilla did much the same thing in his documentary Moon Rising.
I am as unconvinced now as I was then .

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

Some amazing images there. I have seen many of these before, but crazy to look at all the same. Regardless of their origins (the 'features' or 'creations' in these images, I mean), they are certainly anomalous, as in they stand out from the usual background rocks and formations.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Charizard
Ok, I've gotta admit, these are really neat and a lot of them don't immediately invoke the "those are just rocks I don't see anything special" feeling that these types of threads usually stir up with me. A few of those Cydonia region pictures are very intriguing indeed...

The Cydonia one looks a lot like the supposed "mars base" images that were floating around a while back. See below to compare:

From OP:

Image from Did an amateur spot secret Mars base? Uh, no...

And video:

edit on 1-8-2012 by DragonFire1024 because: image

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColonelSF
This one is pretty intriguing! Looks like an airstrip with the accompanying infrastructure! Reminds me of the Nazca lines.

One needs to look at it in detail to pick out the geometrical designs...

Amazing stuff!

edit on 1-8-2012 by ColonelSF because: (no reason given)

To be honest, this is pretty much the only one that caught my eye.... The problem is we have no perspective, nothing to compare it to and really, no idea whatsoever a to what we are looking at... I mean, what's all the wavy lines and such? Is the grey, rectangular shape elevated, buried, huge, tiny????
There are some definite shapes and what look like a lot of straight lines... One of the first thighs we were taught in camouflage and concealment was that "there are no straight lines in nature". I know that's probably a bit of an overgeneralisation but...???
Perhaps we could try to find pictures of similarly straight, seemingly man-made structures/formations that are naturally occuring, here on earth?... If we find some then perhaps it's safe to say that, what we are looking at is at least likely to be similar to what we see here on earth, if we find none then perhaps that adds at least a little bit of weight to the theory that perhaps this isn't a natural formation (though that would still be a million miles or perhaps, more accurately 100 million miles, away from proof)
edit on 1-8-2012 by Milkflavour because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-8-2012 by Milkflavour because: Spelling like a mongtard

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I just did a brief check of the "dam"-like structure, image 12. Not found at ATU per the label given or with a couple of small changes. Note that Mike's name is not on it. Plus, the label perhaps contains some errors and a bit of data chopped.

I've not seen this image before and surely it is one of the best "supposed" images from Mars. I'll attempt to do some further checking into it. But my gut feeling is that it is too good to be true and even if it was posted at one time, it will be long gone. Need it be pointed out that there are probably over a hundred systematical lines and angles to the structure? 'No way for that to be natural if it is a legitimate image.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Milkflavour

more information can be found here:
hirise.lpl.arizona.edu...
it's written on the picture (the last two digits are missing, but it is this one)

Original image scale range: 52.3 cm/pixel (with 2 x 2 binning) so objects ~157 cm across are resolved
Map projected scale: 50 cm/pixel

if you choose "map projected" it is 3/4 down on the right side.

hope this helps

edit on 1.8.2012 by grobi77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
Apparently the reptilian race have a big base on Mars
located underground

Those anomalies are real

Why the obsession with underground bases? If they were there. They would most likely surface from time to time. We have seen nothing

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrionHunterX
All these images have been reproduced from the Mars album of Mikesingh (who was a popular member on ATS once upon a time).
I remember his threads well: the sensationalist titles (usually with a question mark or one or two exclamation points), the interesting images and the long discussions.

All images courtesy: Mikesingh

I remember that one quite well, as you can see here.

Interesting images, but only that.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ColonelSF

Looks like a dam to me.
Wish i knew the elevations and surrounding area.
Lakes Etc.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join