It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Weird Anomalies!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+70 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Guys, here’s some of the better stuff that most of you on ATS may not have seen. Some of them in fact have never been seen before!

All these images have been reproduced from the Mars album of Mikesingh (who was a popular member on ATS once upon a time).

Now there is that theory that Mars probably was inhabited several hundred thousand years ago and the civilization disappeared gradually as most of the water and atmosphere slowly disappeared. If that was the case then these anomalies seen in the images lend credence to this theory as most do seem to have been made by design thousands of years ago.

But if there was nobody out there ever, then we can safely conclude that these are natural oddities of nature.

Whatever the case may be, take a peek at these weird formations seen in the images most of which have been discovered from HiRISE/MGS images as well as from the University of Arizona. As per the description in the album, the Cydonia anomalies have been identified from the custom processed 150 Mb Mars Express image H3253 from Keith Laney Space Imaging.

Now, if Mars indeed harbored life a million years ago, it would probably have looked like this:

But now:

Are what you’re about to see in these images, vestiges of a lost civilization or just natural rock formations on Mars? Most likely the latter. Whatever, they’re intriguing nonetheless! Enjoy!

All images courtesy: Mikesingh

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
well i wouldnt know but isnt there a phrase for that `parelia` or something where your eye sees what it wants?

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Mmmmmmmmm...................I know that people's eyes see what they want to see, but the photo of the dome and the long wall that leads to the object that looks similar to a skull is very interesting.........would be great to get a much closer and sharper image to see what it really is.............but interesting....cheers

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I absolutely entertain the idea of life, civilizations, humans etc once existed on Mars. As far as anyone is concerned it was indeed like Earth untill there atmosphere, for whatever reason collapsed, we dont know that for sure of course, but its entirely possible.

To me it makes sense, why wouldnt there be life on Mars at some point, as far as im concerned there is life on Mars just now, we dont know that of course, but I do not see why it is impossible.

What i am skeptical off however is using blurred images from space of what is essentially an alien planet, not knowing anything about its geography or composition and saying these vaguely geometric patterns/images are of man made[whatever] design and definite proof!. Well its not really proof of anything, simple as that. And if i were to make a proper argument for it I would try to use something more substantial.

Still though, more photos or Mars the better, we should have bases on there by now ffs.

You might find this worth a read, I dunno, heres the link anyhow.

www.marsanomalyresearch.com...
edit on 1-8-2012 by Murad because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by carlsmith

No actually, there is indeed a rock looking like a human face and other things looking like animals, yeti, pharaoh so it does look like things and I am sure everyone will see them, the thing is, just formations, not artifical.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Ok, I've gotta admit, these are really neat and a lot of them don't immediately invoke the "those are just rocks I don't see anything special" feeling that these types of threads usually stir up with me. A few of those Cydonia region pictures are very intriguing indeed...

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Pic #12 looks like the top of a dam wall .#14 Looks like lettering at the top of the pic.
I've seen a lot of these pictures of Mars and I believe some are just the viewers imagination, but some are just too convincing. I really don't know what to believe. I do think it's strange NASA picks the most remote areas to land for samples. Why not land near some mountains and areas of interest or at least get high resolution pics. Not just some low res, grainy flyby.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
There are people who postulate that human life began on Mars, and later came to earth because Mars could no longer support them. An interesting theory, considering Mars is quite prevalent historically. Somewhere I also read that "As above, so below" was, among other things, a reference to Mars above(from our skies), and the earth below. Meaning the earth is now what Mars once was. And that some of our megalithic monuments were meant to be mirror images of those on the planet we once called home.

The images? I find them intriguing. But I guess we'll never really know until those in the know, decide to tell us.
edit on 8/1/2012 by Klassified because: clarity

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

Awesome compilation

My favourite picture out of the bunch is (if it's not photoshop):

It is my opinion that there are too many anomalies on Mars for it to be mere coincidence.

S n F.

edit on 1-8-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

I know no one expects curiosity to settle any of these debates. At least it is equipped to detect signs of life. Lets wish it well during its final approach and landing.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
This one is pretty intriguing! Looks like an airstrip with the accompanying infrastructure! Reminds me of the Nazca lines.

One needs to look at it in detail to pick out the geometrical designs...

Amazing stuff!

edit on 1-8-2012 by ColonelSF because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Hey there OrionHunterX ... thank-you so so much for this thread ... not sure if you were aware but there will be some who aren't that mikesingh used to be a very valuable member on ATS ... his threads were always so polished (ah back in the good old days ... feel quite nostalgic now)
no idea what happened or why he stopped posting but I for one miss him as a member and his threads and contributions.

This collection of his images is brilliant ... yes there may be some that can be explained away as natural formations ... but there are just as many that can't ... very thought-provoking

Brilliant for newer members to be made aware of one of the old ATS greats

Woody

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by carlsmith
well i wouldnt know but isnt there a phrase for that `parelia` or something where your eye sees what it wants?
Yeah I was just looking up that word (I keep forgetting how it's said and spelled0 Pareidolia I believe is the proper spelling even though spell check is flagging it.. I spelled it right though.

Sounds like Pear-e-ah-dole-ya? I looked it up on yourtube as well.. to hear the proper pronunciation.

sorry, I don't know how to use those proper latin (Phonetics) pronunciation

as for the photos on front page of this thread.. 13 is really odd. Where exactly can I find that one. and 14 is cool but could be a meteorite sliding or skidding? (i think one is on the Earth's moon) and 15 is also interesting. looks very much like a former building foundation crumbling away.

I'm also interested in that rectangular rock found by one of the rovers not far from it's landing spot.. people say it looked like a board plant of wood. and there are what look like near perfectly concrete stepping stones or foundation around it.

edit on 1-8-2012 by stew4media because: respelling phonetics

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColonelSF
This one is pretty intriguing! Looks like an airstrip with the accompanying infrastructure! Reminds me of the Nazca lines.

One needs to look at it in detail to pick out the geometrical designs...

Amazing stuff!

edit on 1-8-2012 by ColonelSF because: (no reason given)

I used to live close to a mine shaft region for coal and sand. this looks like a man (or humanoid) made road. it doesn't look natural that I know of on earth. The edging looks natural, like water or rain eroded it.. there is probably stuff like that near the Colorado river or snake river or near Grand Canyons.. but the flat area looks almost like a bulldozer shaved it for a road to be used for a quarry.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Fun stuff, but, likely all of it's Pareidolia

Pareidolia - wiki

Basically; seeing what you want to see.

+24 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Some people would deny their hair being on fire if it was on fire and claim people will see only what they want to see,

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
im all for pareidolia, but.....
there are a lot of geometric shapes in those photo's. a lot.
i know nature can produce the most amazing shapes and patterns.
but the photo's above if nothing else certainly get the mind wondering

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

Awesome compilation

My favourite picture out of the bunch is (if it's not photoshop):

It is my opinion that there are too many anomalies on Mars for it to be mere coincidence.

S n F.

edit on 1-8-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

They all seemed pretty normal to me, but I going to have to agree with CE on this one. That is indeed something strange and one I have never seen before. S/F.

-SAP-

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by carlsmith

True... but some of those pics? I am a BIG skeptic when it comes to Mars "anomaly" pics- because ALL of them are showing pixels the size of Buicks, outlined in red, and having ridiculous comments like "THE GAS STATION!". These pics? Not so much. A couple of "see what you wanna" pics, but a few of them, I am half tempted to ask: "taken on Earth?" Some look like indian rock carvings, some DO look like legit pieces of junk, and the dome and head thing... interesting!

Tho I wanna point out one thing... we can see an actual, living, breathing, alien mooning us on one of these pics, and NASA would either airbrush it, or say it's a lens flare.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Apparently the reptilian race have a big base on Mars
located underground

Those anomalies are real

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join