It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Black Market, Fallacy of gun control.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

The Silk Road is another TOR site that hit the news quite some time back...it's an outlet for pretty much any and all things contraband, although I guess they have a rule against selling weapons or anything else directly used for harming people. It's named after the old trade routes in europe/asia.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

tor site,
what does that mean

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Basically shadow internet you can't access with a normal browser. Pretty much all encrypted and anonymous.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

huh. And I may have been wrong about that whole no-harm policy on the SR. Unless I got my .onion sites confused when looking last night and was actually on BMR, I believe I saw a group soliciting assassination services on SR.

Fairly terrifying stuff in the TOR world. Be careful if you get overly curious about it...as I understand, you should *generally* be safe for browsing, but I would be very hesitant to actually take up on any of the less-legal offers you can find there. I would assume it's not worth any agency's time to try to go through the effort of tracking down casual viewers (unsure how possible this actually even is, if you aren't running an exit node), but I would assume it's much easier to trap someone in a sting if they try to accept an offer for illegal products/services that was actually set up BY an agency.

I could be totally wrong there...but I'm new enough to it to not want to take the chance. Scary stuff out there.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Through tsr and hiddenwiki I saw all sorts of for hire hitmen, you better think hard before cheating on your wife these days if she can put together $5000.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jeantherapy

Through tsr and hiddenwiki I saw all sorts of for hire hitmen, you better think hard before cheating on your wife these days if she can put together $5000.

That it definitely one of the darker aspects, there are several where the Guns are located, and what I find most disturbing some had positive feed back...

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Just one other thing. Some of those "services" for sale there, are frauds. Who are you going to complain to if you BC gets snagged? The cops? I hired a hitman, he took my money and didn't provide the service!

edit on Wed, 01 Aug 2012 15:13:50 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Just one other thing. Some of those "services" for sale there, are frauds. Who are you going to complain to if you BC gets snagged? The cops? I hired a hitman, he took my money and didn't provide the service!

This is true, I chose gun sellers that had successful feed back.

You can look at what they bought and that's it, along with the feed back they left.

Keep in mind this is very "techie" so id imagine this would limit the field considerably.

Ill give you an example, some of these service looked fraudulent, but others... well when they require multiple levels of encryption, as well as having "feedback" disturbing to say the least.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

That's apparently a site which uses a Tor Browser type client.

en.wikipedia.org...

I had to look to see what it mean my self.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join