It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The date, Dec 21, 2012 truly is the end of something monumental

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyInTheOintment
reply to post by NorEaster

I totally understand your frustration with the existing pillars of theological thought in the Piscean age.

There is just so much in the way of conflicting philosophy, religious practice etc, that it has become impossible to humanly discern which is the correct path.

Interestingly enough, it was the mystery Jesus cult movement - later becoming the Christian religion - that was the turning point to end the Age of Aries and finally bring in the Age of Pisces via what we now refer to as The Dark Ages. It's that whole spiritual armies of God's righteous authority notion that is the basis of the Piscean Age, so the irony contained in your post is impossible for me to ignore - or to resist pointing out.

I'm not being disrespectful, but you've handed me a wonderful teaching opportunity with your post here. The Christian religion has been the foundation of this entire Piscean Age. Hell the early Jesus cult (Gnostics) knew that this is what they were trying to usher in, and adopted the "fish" symbol (that is now ubiquitous within every US suburb on the back door of most SUVs as if it's a secret thumbs-up between Evangelicals) in reference to the Piscean Age itself. It was like that for centuries until some sick mind decided to brand the religion with the torture-execution tool that killed their god-man. I'll never understand that decision, but marketing is what it is, and by all indications, it worked like a charm.

The truth is that the Aquarian Age will push religion itself off the center stage that it occupies right now. All that mysticism will be part of human history, just like the massive, obvious, heavily authoritarian super-empires were replaced by armies of angels and demons and threats of eternal damnation when the Church took over the western world.

edit on 8/2/2012 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by LoveisanArt

Damn. How can anyone who actually read the opening post think that I actually believe any of this 2012 doomsday-ascendance stuff? Man, what does it take to make sure that the central point of a thread is actually understood? Maybe a photo slide show next time?

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   

The truth is that the Aquarian Age will push religion itself off the center stage that it occupies right now. All that mysticism will be part of human history, just like the massive, obvious, heavily authoritarian super-empires were replaced by armies of angels and demons and threats of eternal damnation when the Church took over the western world. edit on 8/2/2012 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

(NorEaster)

"Those that claim to be enlightened arent. And those who dont claim to be enlightened arent either. Everyone else is totally enlightened to the max."

(NorEaster)

Hell, I think that you SHOULD "go deep into it". You sure have my undivided attention.

(NorEaster)

But there is another perspective, suggesting a far more complex relationship between the physical and the nonphysical. The noetic sciences apply a scientific lens to the study of subjective experience and to ways that consciousness may influence the physical world

www.noetic.org...

please "enlighten" me with your true stance.. you seem to somewhat contradict yourself...

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster

Originally posted by zeeon

Being an Aquarius myself I'm so freaking excited for the new age! I really hope the world doesn't end...I mean I just got a great new job, about to get out of the Navy - come onnnnn 2013!
Gonna be a great new age I think!

Well, I hate to break it to you, but it takes centuries for an age to transition. We'll both be long gone before this transition is completed. Not that this upcoming foolishness won't help goose the closing of this ridiculous Piscean Age, but it'll still take quite a while of letting it go through its death throes. In fact, it'll probably get worse before it starts getting better.

Well way to crush my hopes and reams NE. We might be dead and gone and but atleast it'll still be "my Aeon" (or age as it were). Let the age of enlightenment and reason begin I say

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by zeeon

Yup, we need sort of enlightenment, cause this 100 years just has not cut the cake other than science/tech. We still kill for riches and lies from those who think they are entitled to the finer slice of life while others suffer for their Heaven.

We got a long way to go. I think this world may be in trouble of changing for the worse in a split second in the next 50-200 years just from the way we treat the earth, everything else will domino.

Anyone watching their calendar, im sorry, it's ridiculous, it's clearly a date for the end of age not a end of life.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SUBKONCIOUS

I agree.
He contradicts himself several times and continues to ignore it.
Isn't it Ironic, don't ya think?

@love You know whether nothing at all happens, or something big happens, I wish people could at least do some of their own research before giving their opinions..

There are so many crazy strange things out there if you go looking for them. Just looking at the way different tribes that still exist today do things is amazing in itself - for example the Dogon tribe and their "dogstar"

Where is the idea that the "calendar" isn't even a calendar - its just art - come from? Your personal opinion?
All of the research I've ever done into it states that it was a calendar using baktuns.

ATS Forums will not let me put a link for this so I'm forced to type it all out

Ok only way I can get it to work is:
Goto: h t t p://web.archive.org/web/20070602162121/h t t p://members.shaw.ca/mjfinley/calnote.htm (take out the spaces in both h t t p's)

Im guessing you think that Sir John Eric Sidney Thompson a man who was knighted by Queen Elizabeth II in 1975, as well as being awarded the Order of Isabel la Catolica by Spain and the "Aztec Eagle" of Mexico, was just making it all up too right?

Maybe he really was making it all up, and there's an even bigger conspiracy behind all of this spanning over the last 72 years...

edit on 3-8-2012 by Time2Think because: fail tinyurl does NOT work on here.

edit on 3-8-2012 by Time2Think because: :T

edit on 3-8-2012 by Time2Think because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Your right, people are getting dumber.. The problem is, it is not the elite or rich, its every other dipstick. Even the elite are probably sitting back brushing their brow thinking, we need to do something about those morons and because they are so stupid, they will not see what we have coming....

That's funny! Maybe they'll pump more money into education, if only for the challenge and to make things more interesting..

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
found an interesting video. didnt know where to post it. lots of info.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SUBKONCIOUS

The truth is that the Aquarian Age will push religion itself off the center stage that it occupies right now. All that mysticism will be part of human history, just like the massive, obvious, heavily authoritarian super-empires were replaced by armies of angels and demons and threats of eternal damnation when the Church took over the western world.

(NorEaster)

The change from the Age of Aries to the Age of Pisces is fairly well detailed and can be easily researched if you know how to use Google. I trust that you'll be capable of establishing this for yourself. If not, then my explanation certainly won't help you either.

"Those that claim to be enlightened arent. And those who dont claim to be enlightened arent either. Everyone else is totally enlightened to the max."

(NorEaster)

This is a quote from an ATS poster named rwfresh. I liked it and he let me use it as my signature. Other than that, what's your issue? I think it's pretty clever.

Hell, I think that you SHOULD "go deep into it". You sure have my undivided attention.

(NorEaster)

I want to find out what the hell that poster has in withheld information. I don't like the "I know stuff, but I can't tell you" foolishness that some of the kids engage in here. It's pathetic, and no one is impressed with it.

But there is another perspective, suggesting a far more complex relationship between the physical and the nonphysical. The noetic sciences apply a scientific lens to the study of subjective experience and to ways that consciousness may influence the physical world

www.noetic.org...

please "enlighten" me with your true stance.. you seem to somewhat contradict yourself...

Where's the contradiction? Seriously. This last quote is obviously yours, and is the only contrasting statement in your post. I have no idea what point you're trying to make about consistency here?
edit on 8/4/2012 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster

Being an Aquarius myself I'm so freaking excited for the new age! I really hope the world doesn't end...I mean I just got a great new job, about to get out of the Navy - come onnnnn 2013!
Gonna be a great new age I think!

Well, I hate to break it to you, but it takes centuries for an age to transition. We'll both be long gone before this transition is completed. Not that this upcoming foolishness won't help goose the closing of this ridiculous Piscean Age, but it'll still take quite a while of letting it go through its death throes. In fact, it'll probably get worse before it starts getting better.

Well way to crush my hopes and reams NE. We might be dead and gone and but atleast it'll still be "my Aeon" (or age as it were). Let the age of enlightenment and reason begin I say

Of course, I'm not saying that we can't be instrumental in laying the groundwork for the transition. This really can be an exciting time to be alive. I plan on having as much impact as I can while I'm here.
edit on 8/4/2012 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Time2Think
reply to post by SUBKONCIOUS

I agree.
He contradicts himself several times and continues to ignore it.
Isn't it Ironic, don't ya think?

Okay. Show me where I'm contradicting myself. I really want to know, since obviously I'm not seeing it.

Y'know, maybe you and SUBKON just don't understand what I'm suggesting? That can happen and it happens a lot on this board. Take a moment and explain yourself, and allow me a chance to help you understand whatever it is that's confusing you here. Then again, maybe you're right and I've contradicted myself somewhere here. I'd be grateful for the heads-up if I'm getting turned around somewhere in the midst of this overview. I don't like to be mistaken, but I'm not afraid of being corrected either.

So, what are the contradictions that you two have determined? Where have I contradicted myself?

If you don't reply, then I'll assume that you have no idea what you're talking about, as will everyone who's read this specific exchange.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Yawn, we already went over it for you but thank you for responding... your entire first post on this thread is basically one giant contradiction. You start off saying the following:

Actually, it's not the literal end, but it is an enormous part of a building confluence that will result in the end of something monumental.

That monumental something is the 2,000+ year Piscean Age, and that age - with its mysticism and secret knowledge and spiritual initiates, who know all the chants and the rituals and the secret handshakes - has to end to allow the Age of Aquarius - with its focus on rationalism, logic, technology, and objective reality - to begin to emerge as a more visceral aspect of what it means to be human on Planet Earth.

Point A) "its not the literal end" - none of us are disagreeing about this.
Point B) you yourself say that the "Piscean Age" of "mysticism and secret knowledge and spiritual initiates etc... has to end etc... to begin to emerage as a more visceral aspect of what it means to be human on Planet Earth."

^--- if nothing is going to happen, then the so called Piscean Age won't end - that is the point me and Sub are making - you are contradicting yourself. As I asked in a previous post, if you feel that the so-called "Piscean Age" is going to end and become "The Age of Aquarius" - what do you think is going to cause this to happen? Do you think it is simply the process of the earth traveling through different constellations or what?? The only assumption I can make from what you're saying is that it will have something to do with technology - what sort of tech do you think will make things change? The most probable one would be Quantum computers taking off big time - if this is what happens, then a lot of things will change.

You're basically saying that the current "Piscean Age" is a load of BS, and that this new age of aquarius will "magcially" change the world via advanced technology and the new found wisdom occurring after nothing happens?

Do you really think that if nothing happens people are going to all change their minds? You need to explain yourself more, to us it just seems like you're confusing yourself and talking in circles. Either something happens or nothing does. That simple.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Yawn, we already went over it for you but thank you for responding... your entire first post on this thread is basically one giant contradiction. You start off saying the following:

Actually, it's not the literal end, but it is an enormous part of a building confluence that will result in the end of something monumental.

That monumental something is the 2,000+ year Piscean Age, and that age - with its mysticism and secret knowledge and spiritual initiates, who know all the chants and the rituals and the secret handshakes - has to end to allow the Age of Aquarius - with its focus on rationalism, logic, technology, and objective reality - to begin to emerge as a more visceral aspect of what it means to be human on Planet Earth.

Point A) "its not the literal end" - none of us are disagreeing about this.
Point B) you yourself say that the "Piscean Age" of "mysticism and secret knowledge and spiritual initiates etc... has to end etc... to begin to emerage as a more visceral aspect of what it means to be human on Planet Earth."

^--- if nothing is going to happen, then the so called Piscean Age won't end - that is the point me and Sub are making - you are contradicting yourself. As I asked in a previous post, if you feel that the so-called "Piscean Age" is going to end and become "The Age of Aquarius" - what do you think is going to cause this to happen? Do you think it is simply the process of the earth traveling through different constellations or what?? The only assumption I can make from what you're saying is that it will have something to do with technology - what sort of tech do you think will make things change? The most probable one would be Quantum computers taking off big time - if this is what happens, then a lot of things will change.

You're basically saying that the current "Piscean Age" is a load of BS, and that this new age of aquarius will "magcially" change the world via advanced technology and the new found wisdom occurring after nothing happens?

Do you really think that if nothing happens people are going to all change their minds? You need to explain yourself more, to us it just seems like you're confusing yourself and talking in circles. Either something happens or nothing does. That simple.

So that's your problem with this? Okay. Let me try and explain it better.

As I did say in that post, "it is an enormous part of a building confluence that will result in the end of something monumental." The building confluence is what is happening, and it's happening regardless of how someone chooses to describe it. Wikipedia.com states that the ancients described why in one of two ways

One method is to divide the Great Year into twelve astrological ages of approximately equal lengths of around 2160 years per age based on the vernal equinox moving through the sidereal zodiac. Another method is to significantly vary the duration of each astrological age based on the passage of the vernal equinox measured against the actual zodiacal constellations.

That said, if you examine the historical aspects of the last four ages - Cancer, Gemini, Taurus, and Aries - and then take a good look at this latest age - Pisces - it begins to be obvious that these ages describe the natural progression of global human development from emerging from hunter gatherer to communities (Cancer) to written language (Gemini) to agriculture (Taurus) to large city-states and empires (Aries) to the dominance of religion as power (Pisces) to - as we'll eventually see widely embraced - the realization of the human need for a rational, realistic reality narrative (Aquarius).

The Piscean Age was the result of the human mind's discovery of itself as more than just a tool for factoring and planning the mundane aspects of material existence. Of course, as with all human development breakthroughs, it has had its own pendulum swing, with excesses like mysticism and religious martyrdom. Good and bad at both ends of the swing, as was the case with the age (Aries) before it, and how it produced brutal empires that lasted for centuries.

The next age - as it works its way into the psyche of generations of common people - will have its positives and negatives as well. Complete rejection of religionism (+) on one end, and rejection of the eternal nature of the human being (-) on the other.

Don't get caught up in the erroneous Piscean Age description of what these ages are. Nothing esoteric about them. As with all of these ancient empirical sciences, astrology is based on nothing more than extremely patient demographics analysis that was financed by the moneyed elite of those days and marketed as an inevitable character structure, based on the stars,
so as to control the sweaty masses via mass psychology. Pretty smart.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
so... correct me if i am wrong... but it seems overwhelmingly obvious that your stance is as such... belief in mysticism is a fallacy that is holding back society, and if everyone would just realize that logic and rationalism is what true reality is based on.. than we as society would be "better-off"

"I've been reading for 40 years now" (NorEaster)
- this is a statement that you posted regarding Terot Cards

if you really need me to go into detail about why this is a contradiction.. than it is not worth my time to respond

this is where you tell us that you have split personality disorder... or that your just simply playing games....

side note: i am not here on ATS to debate and try to "explain myself" for that usually just comes off as desperation... and desperation shows weakness in one's argument.. i am merely here to state my "opinions" and "personal observations" with means of sparking curiosity for others to "do their on research" and come to their "own conclusions"

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   

so... correct me if i am wrong... but it seems overwhelmingly obvious that your stance is as such... belief in mysticism is a fallacy that is holding back society, and if everyone would just realize that logic and rationalism is what true reality is based on.. than we as society would be "better-off"

"I've been reading for 40 years now" (NorEaster)
- this is a statement that you posted regarding Terot Cards

if you really need me to go into detail about why this is a contradiction.. than it is not worth my time to respond

this is where you tell us that you have split personality disorder... or that your just simply playing games....

side note: i am not here on ATS to debate and try to "explain myself" for that usually just comes off as desperation... and desperation shows weakness in one's argument.. i am merely here to state my "opinions" and "personal observations" with means of sparking curiosity for others to "do their on research" and come to their "own conclusions"

Reading tarot cards has nothing to do with mysticism. It has to do with understanding the mechanics of trajectory analysis, and working with your brain's "savant" capacity for subconscious trajectory calculation as the corporeal survival tool that this capacity actually is.

Again, the Piscean Age has mystified something that is actually pretty mundane and natural to every human being. In fact, if you want to watch trajectory calculation in action, watch a baseball game, and how an outfielder tracks a fly ball. There are millions of minute calculations being performed unconsciously by that outfielder, and years of developing that precision allows him to intercept that ball's trajectory with his own body, arm, hand, and glove trajectory before that ball's trajectory is altered by the plane of the ground. This is called event trajectory manipulation, and each of us does this very basic act every single day - even if not with fly balls and fielders' gloves.

Your brain actually knows how all the contributing trajectories are building within your immediate sphere of friends, family, coworkers, loved ones, and consistent others as they affect you and are affected by you from day to day. When you ask a question like - will I get that job? - the indications are already clear to you at a subconscious level (how the interviewer reacted to your statements, how the "chemistry" felt between the two of you, the subtle nonverbal cues developed and how they were perceived, and many other indication) even if you were consciously distracted by trying your best to remember not to say something stupid during the interview. All this data exists as a result of your sensors (eyes, ears, etc) picking it up and your brain cataloging it as potential survival-centric information to be referred to if needed.

The tarot cards are used by a reader to allow the seeker's subconscious mind (by way of subtle and not-so-subtle nonverbal - and often very verbal - indications) to communicate in broad terms, the stored information concerning the issue under examination to the reader. The reader's brain, then, uses the same muscle memory "right-brain" connection that yours uses to allow you to balance on a bicycle (crude analogy, but accurate nonetheless) to shuffle the right cards into place (years of consistent ritual, in this case ensures that the brain and hands are creating that same "savant" result each time this process is initiated) with the cards' symbolism already well established as a shorthand language that the reader has individually crafted for this specific use. Then, when the cards are laid out, it is up to the reader to use years of experience with very subtle indications (this is known as intuition, but it's actually a highly developed ability to notice very small things and to recognize their relevance within a given situation) to interpret what the cards' symbols are indicating.

Once again, this is simple brain-body synergy, and not the stuff of mysticism. Like the whole "Astrological Ages" thing, it's the human mind-brain confluence in action, and the natural progressive development of beings that are as complex and in possession of such amazing potential as we humans are.

No, I'm not in contradiction with myself. I know exactly who I am and what I believe. I am just not rooted to the same mindset that you've assumed. Reality isn't as fantastic as some believe, but it's much different than most assume it to be. I do see reality in a very different way than you might suspect, but it's a result of some very powerful realizations that came as a result of years of mining for truth where no one else had even bothered to stake a general claim. The upside is that I can literally prove every assertion that I make. The downside is that I have to deal with the fact that there's no easy way to clarify some of what I know to be true.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

I do see reality in a very different way than you might suspect, but it's a result of some very powerful realizations that came as a result of years of mining for truth where no one else had even bothered to stake a general claim. The upside is that I can literally prove every assertion that I make. The downside is that I have to deal with the fact that there's no easy way to clarify some of what I know to be true.

still seems that your somewhat beating around the bush... i myself hold more of a Biocentric view toward reality... being one of the most difficult viewpoints to explain to a rationalist.. i don't even bother...

to make it simple.. let me ask a straight forward.. yes or no question... do you or do you not believe that there is an aspect of devine nature that relates to our percieved reality... it is my understanding, through reading your posts, that you do not...

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

I do see reality in a very different way than you might suspect, but it's a result of some very powerful realizations that came as a result of years of mining for truth where no one else had even bothered to stake a general claim. The upside is that I can literally prove every assertion that I make. The downside is that I have to deal with the fact that there's no easy way to clarify some of what I know to be true.

still seems that your somewhat beating around the bush... i myself hold more of a Biocentric view toward reality... being one of the most difficult viewpoints to explain to a rationalist.. i don't even bother...

to make it simple.. let me ask a straight forward.. yes or no question... do you or do you not believe that there is an aspect of devine nature that relates to our percieved reality... it is my understanding, through reading your posts, that you do not...

No. But that just means that what you and others might feel is divine, is, for me, perfectly natural and mundane. I believe in the eternal human being, but I do not believe in non-physical existence in the sense that non-material existence equals non-physical existence. And relative to your yes/no question, that distinction is extremely important to point out, since most people consider "non-physical" existence to be divine in nature.

Divinity doesn't actually exist beyond the deliberate determination of the sentient mind that has chosen to consider something (be it conceptual, material or a perceived confluence of the two) to be divine in nature. One man's god is another man's demon-installed death trap. That being the case, who's to declare the true identity of the divine? You? Me? Someone else?

The human being is the crafted result of the sentient brain's journey through material existence. You can call it the soul or the spirit if you wish, but it exists as an indivisible collective of dynamic information bursts, and as information, it does not possess a "half life" rate of physical decay. The Homo Sapiens brain creates Earth's human being - one brain equaling one human being - and there are many other versions of human beings that emerge from this one universe's material realm. Each version has its own way of "seeing" itself, just as we do. Maybe other versions worship "divinity" as well, but if they do, then it's a version of divinity that they invented - just as we invented ours.

We're not gods or demons, since there are no gods or demons. Nothing divine, but that doesn't subtract anything from the incredible manifestation of physical existence that we, as human beings, are. It just suggests that we're much more, and that reality is relatively less, than we've been taught to believe.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
This just sounds like a long drawn out argument that magic is simply science that others don't yet understand.
Is this what you're trying to get at, or did I totally miss the mark? Because, if it IS what you're trying to get at then I think we've reached an agreement - somewhat anyway, personally I think that a lot of very interesting things are going to happen in the very near future - whether or not it's this 12.21.12 date or not - who knows? Does it really matter? Perhaps the date is some sort of symbolic representation of a mathematical formula? It does sort of seem like a "mirror image", or reflection to me.

We are basically at the end of the current computing age, and moving into the quantum computing age - which has all kinds of implications in mathematics, physics, and science. Sort of like how people used to believe the world was flat and were punished by the church for saying it was round, and not the center of the universe.

Anyway... my point is that eventually, something IS going to happen - I totally do not think the earth is going to explode in a massive ball of fire, or that E.T. is going to come down and save us all from ourselves (although it would be really could if he did).

You go into a lot of details about the different "ages of time" around the 2,160 years... based on the planets moving through different constellations - this seems sort of strange to me - while obviously it is just some sort of mathematical pattern, isn't everything? And if so, this pretty much agrees with the whole idea of the ancient mayan calendars. The question is, how in the world were they able to figure out this mathematical pattern, when they themselves weren't thousands of years old? I guess they figured out how to do some pretty complex multiplication.

To me, that fact that these mathematical patterns DO actually exist is what divinity is to me. "GOD" is simply a combination of positive and negative energy. How this energy has the ability to automatically align itself into complex mathematical patterns is a whole other mystery - afterall, we still to this day don't even know what gravity really is...

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

This just sounds like a long drawn out argument that magic is simply science that others don't yet understand.
Is this what you're trying to get at, or did I totally miss the mark? Because, if it IS what you're trying to get at then I think we've reached an agreement - somewhat anyway,

In this we do agree. Not exactly science, but as natural as anything that science has ever revealed to be true and consistently real. The issue is improper inference, and the building of assumptions upon those foundational inferences. Here's an example of improper inference.

A primitive tribal hunter discovers a digital watch (lost by a research team member at some point in the recent past) lying just to the side of a path on the far side of the island. The tribe never knew of or saw this team, and now he picks up the watch and can't believe the constantly changing pattern shapes on the smooth shiny face plate. It's as if the thing is alive, and trying to show him something. He decides to research it, and keep quiet about it. Who knows what it is, so it's best to keep it under wraps.

Eventually, he discovers that (1) the shapes repeat in a regular pattern and (2) he can see that each shape corresponds to the movement of the sun in the sky. This is important, and way beyond his pay grade, so he takes it to the tribal elders, and with their wisdom, they conclude that this mysterious thing obviously controls the sun. So, they do what must be done - they execute the guy who found it (to keep anyone else from ever knowing about its existence) and hide it in a deep cave for safe keeping, to ensure that the sun will always rise each morning.

The research produced clear and compelling data, and they interpreted that data responsibly - considering the knowledge base they were working with - and yet we both know that the watch doesn't control the sun's movements. Science is only as accurate as the knowledge base it's based on. Our science has its issues, and modern physics is starting to realize that these issues exist.

We are basically at the end of the current computing age, and moving into the quantum computing age - which has all kinds of implications in mathematics, physics, and science. Sort of like how people used to believe the world was flat and were punished by the church for saying it was round, and not the center of the universe.

Then again, regardless of the data storage/retrieval system, junk in = junk out, so we'll just have to see how that plays out. Quantum computing is only about speed, and the truth is that only photons have actually been entangled (to date) and only extremely primitive high/low digital computing strategies have been suggested as being practical, even if quantum entanglement is ever applied to information transmission. That doesn't suggest any real revolution in data interpretation regardless of how fast the data is retrieved and transmitted.

You go into a lot of details about the different "ages of time" around the 2,160 years... based on the planets moving through different constellations - this seems sort of strange to me - while obviously it is just some sort of mathematical pattern, isn't everything? And if so, this pretty much agrees with the whole idea of the ancient mayan calendars. The question is, how in the world were they able to figure out this mathematical pattern, when they themselves weren't thousands of years old? I guess they figured out how to do some pretty complex multiplication.

Before the burning of the libraries in Alexandria (thank you Roman Catholic Church
) there was a lot more historical information going back a lot further in the past than what we're left with these days. In truth, we're poking around in the dark compared to the learned elite of those centuries before the Church decided to erase the past on everyone in the West.

The "ages" were interpreted in retrospect, as are modern decades (the radical 60s, self-indulgent 70s, the go-go 80s, and so on), and we're only left with what was either allowed to survive or was protected from elimination by groups like the Gnostics, and others of their kind. Combine that with the fact that no group agrees with any other group concerning the actual length of each Astrological Age, and it gets pretty loose when you start declaring the end of one age and the beginning of another. Also, keep in mind that human beings created the Astrological "personalities" of each sign, and who knows whether the ages preceded the monthly calendar versions of these archetypes, so to be completely honest, it's very likely that it's a intricate chicken-egg situation when you examine the "ages" and their alignment with the very natural and predictable development process of a macro-level human population, considering all obvious factors.

In short, the ages aren't driving anything at all. They're being used to label natural progressive stages.

edit on 8/19/2012 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I love your ironic (to me) use of allegory - it's amazing; you are much better at picking the right words than I am when explaining things. I try to keep things simple
. You seem to know a lot more than I do about what's really going on and I respect that a lot.

Taken from wikipedia:

Plato had an idea called the "Theory of Forms". The basic idea is: the world that we know is a shadow of something else. This "something else" is the form of the world, or the essence of the world, or the world in its purest form. Not just anyone can know or understand forms, only philosophers could, according to Plato. The path to becoming a philosopher was one of illumination, quite literally, if we remember the Cave Allegory. The cave is ignorance, the shadows are the world that "ordinary men" perceive, and the free-man is the philosopher who has found true knowledge by seeing the fire and by stepping into the light outside. Plato has used allegory to illustrate a very complex philosophical idea.

Allegory

The only thing I'm still wondering about is what you say is a "natural progressive stage". This makes perfect sense, yet as you said, it's a natural progression. Both are "funny" words, aren't they? What exactly is natural and what exactly is progression? They are simply words of perspective. As with everything only time will tell.

Words in Perspective

The only other thing I can say, is that as I grow older I begin to feel that technology is an artificial representation of the natural things already found in nature. It seems as technology has become more advanced over the years it often leads to this "pattern"; we seem to become much more aware of the world around us as technology is starting to replace us.
edit on 20-8-2012 by Time2Think because: typos

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join