It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheist community being torn apart by war between feminists and misogynists

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
This elevator thing got blown way up, as in molehill grow to mountain.
I have observed that some women are not comfortable and relaxed in elevators, most won't even talk.
So I can see her point of "guys this is kind of creepy behavior, I don't recommend it"
But then she gets attacked for expressing her feelings.
And perhaps then over-reacts to some ignorant statements.
This is isn't a atheistic issue, but a pride issue, and really atheists are a proud bunch because they "know" they are smarter than all the ignorant Christians, and you don't think that mind set would spill over into their interaction with each other?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33
This is isn't a atheistic issue, but a pride issue, and really atheists are a proud bunch because they "know" they are smarter than all the ignorant Christians, and you don't think that mind set would spill over into their interaction with each other?

I think that's likely a part of it, yes, but I think that, when a community develops a tolerance of hatred towards people who are not in their community (as some few atheists act towards theists, with little to no admonition from other atheists,) it should not come as any surprise when members within the community begin to hate on others in the community, because they have a "sub-community" that they view the others being outside of.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join