It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheist community being torn apart by war between feminists and misogynists

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sorgmodig

Also, most of the so-called atheists are ex christians tired of being hated for their deviant sexuality, so they are angry with the christians and insult them.

What?

A true Atheist does not hate god.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Also, most of the so-called atheists are ex christians tired of being hated for their deviant sexuality, so they are angry with the christians and insult them.

What?

Christians aren't gods.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sleepwalk7

What?

Christians aren't gods.

They are believers in god.

To hate something you'd first have to acknowledge its existence.

Atheists are not anti-god. They simply lack belief.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Sleepwalk7

Maybe we're just not going to come to an agreement on this, but as I see it

1) Guy hits on girl in an uncomfortable environment for her
2) Girl doesn't freak out, just advises guys that this can make women uncomfortable
3) Girl gets accused of overreacting and it spirals out of control from there

I don't think that the guy did anything terrible in #1, but if it made her uncomfortable, that's her right.

The rest of it is just people behaving badly, no "agenda" required, unless you don't think that a woman has no right to feel uncomfortable and say something about it.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

What?

Christians aren't gods.

They are believers in god.

To hate something you'd first have to acknowledge its existence.

Atheists are not anti-god. They simply lack belief.

Yeah, but the guy you quoted was talking about how many atheists are ex-Christians who do not enjoy being ridiculed by Christians for their deviant sexual behavior. He didn't say anything about atheists hating God.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

Maybe we're just not going to come to an agreement on this, but as I see it

1) Guy hits on girl in an uncomfortable environment for her

Which... he had no way of knowing. Some women wouldn't care. Some woman may have jumped at the chance to go up to the guy's room. Then there's Rebecca's reaction. Etc.

2) Girl doesn't freak out, just advises guys that this can make women uncomfortable

By what right does she speak on behalf of all women? By what right does she tell men how they should act towards all women?

I don't think that the guy did anything terrible in #1, but if it made her uncomfortable, that's her right.

She, as an individual, felt uncomfortable. That's fine. I felt uncomfortable watching Rebecca complain about how uncomfortable she felt when a guy propositioned her. Does that mean I have the right to tell Rebecca, "don't do that."

We should also ask ourselves why Rebecca, as an individual, felt uncomfortable. Does she think men are all rapists?

The rest of it is just people behaving badly, no "agenda" required, unless you don't think that a woman has no right to feel uncomfortable and say something about it.

She can do whatever she wants. I just think she's an idiot. Hopefully she doesn't procreate.
edit on 31-7-2012 by Sleepwalk7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Do I have a "right" to tell Rebecca to stop uploading YouTube videos since she makes me feel uncomfortable?

Of course you do. Why would you think you don't?

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Yeah, but the guy you quoted was talking about how many atheists are ex-Christians who do not enjoy being ridiculed by Christians for their deviant sexual behavior. He didn't say anything about atheists hating God.

Let's read this again: "Also, most of the so-called atheists are ex christians tired of being hated for their deviant sexuality, so they are angry with the christians and insult them."

This does not describe an Atheist. (I did not miss the so-called)

Ex-Christians who have become Atheist - - - do not do it out of retaliation or hate or insults or anger.

Nor do they retaliate - hate - insult - be angry - - - because of the way they were treated.

An Atheist simply lacks belief.

edit on 31-7-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Let's read this again: "Also, most of the so-called atheists are ex christians tired of being hated for their deviant sexuality, so they are angry with the christians and insult them."

Ex-Christians who have become Atheist - - - do not do it out of retaliation or hate or insults or anger.

Where did the guy you quoted say that atheists hate God? Show me or stfu. You wrote, "What?

A true Atheist does not hate god." Which implies that the guy you quoted wrote that atheists hate God.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Where did the guy you quoted say that atheists hate God?

What are you talking about?

To hate something - - you first have to acknowledge its existence.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Where did the guy you quoted say that atheists hate God?

What are you talking about?

To hate something - - you first have to acknowledge its existence.

The guy you quoted said nothing about atheists hating God. So what the # are you talking about?

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

The guy you quoted said nothing about atheists hating God. So what the # are you talking about?

We're done.

I don't play stupid games.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

We're done.

I don't play stupid games.

You need to go read more or something because your reading comprehension is #. Nobody said anything about atheists hating God. The guy you quoted said that some atheists are ex-Christians because they became tired of Christians hating them for their sexual deviance.

As for your definition of atheism being a "lack of belief." Sure, great, call it a lack of belief. But not every atheist lacks belief for the same reason.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
You should understand there are some people who do not know what misogynist means. And one does not need to be atheist to be a misogynist. I am a woman and live in this day and time but would be considered feminist 50 years ago. For some strange reason, it seems to be wrong to think women should be paid the same as men when they do the same job. I don't want to work in a mine but some women do so they should be paid for it.

This war has nothing to do with atheism, apparently feminism and misogyny is a universal theme.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarminIndy
You should understand there are some people who do not know what misogynist means. And one does not need to be atheist to be a misogynist. I am a woman and live in this day and time but would be considered feminist 50 years ago. For some strange reason, it seems to be wrong to think women should be paid the same as men when they do the same job. I don't want to work in a mine but some women do so they should be paid for it.

This war has nothing to do with atheism, apparently feminism and misogyny is a universal theme.

What kind of inequality or misogyny do you deal with?

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

What kind of inequality or misogyny do you deal with?

Seriously? You need her to give you the details, after you've already indicated that you're hostile to women who raise concerns about inequality or misogyny?

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Seriously? You need her to give you the details

Yeah, seriously. Or am I supposed to just go along with the charade that women in first world countries deal with tons of misogyny?

after you've already indicated that you're hostile to women who raise concerns about inequality or misogyny?

Well, obviously, that's not the reason I was hostile. But I'll let others be the judge. No need to repeat my views since they're already here for all to see.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Yeah, seriously. Or am I supposed to just go along with the charade that women in first world countries deal with tons of misogyny?

after you've already indicated that you're hostile to women who raise concerns about inequality or misogyny?

Well, obviously, that's not the reason I was hostile. But I'll let others be the judge. No need to repeat my views since they're already here for all to see.

Again, misogyny is a universal theme, but in some places it is more militant. Am I to apologize for living in a first world country? Should I move away to make it less comfortable. What would you consider to be the line drawn when it comes to misogyny? I am a woman, inform me of how far across that line I am allowed to speak.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Tons? How does one weigh hatred towards women?

I would say that ANY hatred toward women (or men, for that matter) just because they are women is too much.

How much hatred do you think is tolerable?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join