It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Obama Seduce Young Voters While Robbing Them Blind? Again?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Can Obama Seduce Young Voters While Robbing Them Blind? Again?

Can the REPUBLICANS? Again? You would think after 2000 - 2008, this country would know better than to ever trust or vote for a Republican again. Now here we are, entertaining Republican candidate Mitt Romney while he promises war with Iran to his Israeli hosts at a $50K-a-plate fundraiser.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Oh it's all the same crap. I don't even pay attention anymore. It's all "DA LIBZERALZ IS SCREWING EVERYTHING UP!" and "If liberals were gone everything would be sunshine and rainbows". We get it, whatever

If their way was so perfect this crap never would have happened.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Mitt Romney is a Zionist Mormon who is promising to go to war with Iran.

That ALONE should be the number one reason to not vote for him. Why would any American support someone who is threatening the stability of this country with WAR?

A war with Iran would destroy this country.

Romney wants a free war...

Mitt Romney Says He Could Wage War on Iran Without Congress' Approval

www.theatlantic.com...

A top adviser to Mitt Romney said today that the Republican presidential candidate would "respect" an Israeli decision to use force against Iran,

abcnews.go.com...

MITT Romney has declared that preventing Iran from obtaining a nuclear weapon should be the US's "highest national security priority" and "no option should be excluded".

www.theaustralian.com.au...

"Standing by Israel does not mean with military and intelligence cooperation alone," he said. "We cannot stand silent as those who seek to undermine Israel voice their criticisms. And we certainly should not join in that criticism. Diplomatic distance in public between our nations emboldens Israel's adversaries."

www.latimes.com...

The contrasting messages came on the most sensitive day of Mr Romney’s six-day foreign trip. He hoped to make the case that Barack Obama, US president, has not been forceful enough in his dealing with Iran, while also trying to attract more votes from the American Jewish community, traditionally a bastion of Democratic support. He met Benjamin Netanyahu, the prime minister, and other Israeli leaders.

www.ft.com...

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

A very large number of the people posting in this thread want that so they will gladly vote for him.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

Oh it's all the same crap. I don't even pay attention anymore. It's all "DA LIBZERALZ IS SCREWING EVERYTHING UP!" and "If liberals were gone everything would be sunshine and rainbows". We get it, whatever

If their way was so perfect this crap never would have happened.

I know right.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chance321
reply to post by jibeho

You know exactly how obama The Destroyer'll get the younger voters. He's gonna wait till it gets a little closer to election time and bailout the student loans. Then all these kids that got their college loans paid off by obama'll vote for him, "Cause he's such a great guy.
" .

I wish he would do that. If the FED should bailout people that really need it instead of international corporations.

But no, Obama would NEVER do that..he works for the BANKERS. You people are so disillusioned.

The Federal Reserve and the big banks fought for more than two years to keep details of the largest bailout in U.S. history a secret. Now, the rest of the world can see what it was missing.

And no one calculated until now that banks reaped an estimated $13 billion of income by taking advantage of the Fed’s below-market rates, Bloomberg Markets magazine reports in its January issue.

Add up guarantees and lending limits, and the Fed had committed $7.77 trillion as of March 2009 to rescuing the financial system, more than half the value of everything produced in the U.S. that year.

www.bloomberg.com...

Bush wrote off billions in debt for African nations.

Not for any sort of goodwill though, he did it so that his crony capitalist friends could rape Africa.

Here's the reality, off camera. Billions of dollars in debt owed by African nations to the U.S. Treasury, the IMF and several European nations were, indeed, written off. But these acts of taxpayer generosity did not buy medicine. Almost all of the savings meant for Africans has been picked off by a crew of speculators known as "vultures."

www.dollarsandsense.org...

edit on 30-7-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
If he's the rider on the white horse and a crown was given to him while he carries a bow WHO IN THE WORLD DO YOU THINK THE ARROWS ARE?!! Oh, by the way I do like that chart with the military spending percentage in red. Yep, if you worship the GOD OF FORCES and soon will be brandishing a great sword and RIDING A RED HORSE to start WWIII, Do ya think maybe there is a connection. Silly me!!!

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
edit on 30-7-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

You want to talk about Iran?

Who made the following statements?

“Iran’s leaders should have no doubt about the resolve of the United States – just as they should not doubt Israel’s sovereign right to make its own decisions about what is required to meet its security needs.”

Rockets from Hamas

“I don’t think any country would find it acceptable to have missiles raining down on the heads of their citizens. The first job of any nation state is to protect its citizens... If somebody was sending rockets into my house where my two daughters sleep at night, I’m going to do everything in my power to stop that. And I would expect Israelis to do the same.”

Yes, Obama

There are some, in both parties, who wrongly believe that a policy of “containment” – that is, allowing Iran to develop nuclear weapons but containing their use by the threat of tit-for-tat reprisal – is the right strategy. President Obama has explicitly rejected this benighted approach and has instead announced that his policy is to prevent Iran from developing nuclear weapons, even if it takes military action to do so. In the meantime, he has ratcheted up sanctions and diplomatic pressure while explicitly keeping the military option on the table.

Several months ago, President Obama invited me to the Oval Office to discuss his Iran strategy. He looked me in the eye and said, “I don’t bluff.” His actions with regard to Osama bin Laden and the Somali pirates who endangered Americans and threatened to kill them demonstrated his willingness to use force when warranted. So does his increased use of drones to target terrorists who are beyond the reach of capture. I believe President Obama when he says that Iran will not be allowed to develop nuclear weapons on his watch.

It would appear that both candidates have Israel's back as well they should. The only difference is that Obama often fails to back his words with related actions.

www.jpost.com...

Not relevant to the OP but just had to get the record straight as you continue to ram Romney on his views towards Iran.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
reply to post by jibeho

These stupid kids will get what's coming to them and I'll be long since dead! When they're all destitute, eating their government provided cat food, living in government housing, getting innoculated by government poison and living in total fear, they can look back at this time in their lives and remember, even if for a fleeting moment, that they are reaping what they have sown!

I used to be scared for future generations. I used to worry about my daughter's future. I no longer do either. My child is smart enough to leave a sinking ship. The rest of the rats... they deserve to drown!

Whoa there. Im 28, so I guess Im somewhere in between young and old. But allow me to say this...

To me, the candidate that seemed to advocate the biggest change from the status quo and towards more personal resposibility was Ron Paul.

And who makes up a huge portion of his followers? Thats right, young people.

Nearly half of all voters under 30 went for Paul in the first two states to vote, helping to propel him to a second-place finish in the New Hampshire primary and third place in Iowa's leadoff caucuses.

www.foxnews.com...

Now I could start to go on about how older Americans have had tons of time to improve our country, but things have progressively gotten worse and worse under their watch...

But I won't. Truth is Im not interested in dividing us free thinkers anymore than we already are. Although many people of all ages are going to be continued to be duped by Obama/Romney/Bankers/the main stream media, people of all ages are also startig to wake up.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Yes!! Yes!! I know! I'm one of those young voters this article is aimed at, but what can we do? What is the alternative Romney?! That is no alternative. People in my age group would rather not vote at all or vote for Obama because they/we feel that there is no other alternative, the general consensus is that Romney is too racist/crazy/rich1%/not cool and Obama is seen as the opposite of all those things. In fact, he is the hero who is fighting against evil men like Romney that represent the 1%. So we are split up about this, some of us support Dr. Paul, others that come from a more established Republican family background will vote Republican, but the overwhelming majority (at least in my university UIUC) will vote for Obama because he really is seen as the only option. Makes me want to

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I guess the real question is..
Do you want your country to be an Obamanation?

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
It depends on how he runs his show. It's hard to argue debt with young people cause they aren't dumb people(well not all of them anyway). They do remember what happened the last time a Republican was in office. They don't have much of a leg to stand on as far as that is concerned. It's the pot calling the kettle black.

If Romney sticks to the economy he's got a shot. If he brings in social issues he's screwed. Most young people tend to lean liberal on social issues according to most of the polling out there. If they are going to pull the "you envy rich people" shtick they are going to be in trouble too. Younger people are suffering and have some rather high unemployment numbers. The old "boots straps" speech isn't going to cut it. Romney's best bet is older American's. there are far more old people in this country than young (which is part of our economic problem), it makes more sense to cater to them.
edit on 30-7-2012 by antonia because: opps

edit on 30-7-2012 by antonia because: added a thought

It all depends on what you call "old people". There aren't as many people over 60 than those between 18 - 59. I take the term "old people" to mean over 50, and the numbers still don't match.

www.census.gov...

2000 Population Pyramid

Projected 2025 Population pyramid

We're currently somewhere in the middle of those two.

I'm mid 30's and I don't have to be seduced... Obama's just the better choice for this country. Not going to argue about it.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArtOfTrance
I guess the real question is..
Do you want your country to be an Obamanation?

Star for you! that really made me chuckle.
Hope you don't mind if I go around using it

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Oppose to that other honest rich guy who refuses to show his tax returns......? Whatever you say... I'll vote for obama over these clowns anyday

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Well the college kids are probably just grateful that Obama stopped the banks from doubling the interest rates on their student loans. Something that Mittens had no intention of doing because he backs cutting Pell grants.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
Where is all this free stuff Obama is giving?

Join a union .. you'll be receiving it.
Get foodstamps ... you'll be receiving it.
Get a job in detroit at a car manufacturer .. you'll be receiving it.
Get Obamacare .. you'll be receiving it.

He gave out 'free' entitlements. Free food stamps. Free health care. Bailout $$ temp jobs.
Entitlements. Obamacare. Corporate bailouts in order to keep people employed even though the
companies couldn't afford it. Money to unions.

150 Million Americans receive some form of assistance
Obama the Food Stamp President
Obama 5 Billion $$ Giveaway

There is a ton of information out there ...

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

We're in the middle of a recession with high unemployment, scarce jobs and rising food prices. And Republicans think giving poor people food stamps is a bad thing.

Someone refresh me on how making insurance more affordable, trying to reduce student loan debt and helping lower class citizens afford food is "robbing them blind". There sure is some ass-backwards logic going on there.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
Well the college kids are probably just grateful that Obama stopped the banks from doubling the interest rates on their student loans. Something that Mittens had no intention of doing because he backs cutting Pell grants.

Not Exactly true,,, I believe.
Obama and his VP did nothing but slow down the process.
This could have been resolved in a day. Both the Democrats and Republicans were in agreement and had ideas ready to be implemented.

The Senate Minority Leader declared it is the White House, not Congress, that is preventing an agreement to avoid the student loan rates from doubling in July.

Both Republicans and Democrats believe the subsidized Stafford loan rates should not be doubled this July from the current 3.4% to 6.8% and agree the current rates should be extended for at least another year.

The Obama administration has held numerous events and speeches over the last few months urging Congress to prevent rates from doubling. Today, McConnell alleged that the White House and President Obama are keeping the fight going out of political expedience, blaming Congress for the holdup.

abcnews.go.com...

Yes, both parties had their own ideas on how to pay this Huge Bill, the Republicans, by getting rid of a preventative health fund that was created in the health care bill.
The Democrats, by raising the Medicare and Social Security payroll taxes on high-earning stock holders of some privately owned companies.

Not wanting to Derail The Thread,,,, Just show that Obama is not every-ones Savor.

Next Obama and his Administration will want to bring Gay Marriage into this to try and Get More Votes!

edit on 30-7-2012 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by dayve
Oppose to that other honest rich guy who refuses to show his tax returns......? Whatever you say... I'll vote for obama over these clowns anyday

Can we see your tax return? hmm you prolly wouldn't want to do that amiright?

not only that but can we see how much Obama's made on book deals, and TV appearances?

Hey I know, what about those old college papers?? A vote for Obama is just showing the rest of the country how gullible one truly is.

Romney is not who I wanted.. but at this point that doesn't matter, if it means Obama's out.

ETA: the republicans may have blocked that jobs bill ( with good reason) but they voted for Pauls audit.. that tells me something.

edit on 30-7-2012 by LoonyConservative because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join