It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Obama Seduce Young Voters While Robbing Them Blind? Again?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Got a good kick out of this article this morning. It makes sense...

Hey students! Youth voters! Are you up for Hope and Change 2012? Here’s the deal! In just four years President Obama ran your personal share of the US debt from $30,000 to $50,000!! ...and still rocketing up!! Plus! You get to graduate from college with massive debt, and half of you will be underemployed or unemployed!! Plus! He character-assaults anyone who wants to reform entitlements to slow down the massive wealth transfer from poorer you to richer old geezers!! Plus! He promises you free stuff…then just puts it on your overcharged US credit card!! Plus! Some of us are closer to the end of our earning and tax-paying years than others. We aren’t gonna pay no stinking $50,000! Guess you’ll have to cover us!! Better get busy, suckers!! Hope and Change 2012…Tell a friend!!!”

There is no end in sight to this Obama spending madness. All of that "free money" has to come from somewhere.

President Obama’s designs on a second term depend on energizing the very Americans his policies have hurt the worst: young workers, students, and others who will soon enter the workforce. His pitch seems to be: “I’m not the stiff, white businessman in a suit. I’m cool. I dig gay marriage (recently). I want to give you free stuff. Rock stars love me.”

The message tickles the hot spots of a generation raised on feelings, trophies for participation, and the preeminence of nice intentions. It is reinforced by a palace guard media that sees and reports no evil. But if more of those young voters would do something as boring and grown up as look realistically at a spreadsheet of their life’s challenges and opportunities, they might not willingly cast themselves as fodder for a conservative Thomas Franks to ponder: “What’s the Matter With Young Voters?”

Reality Check

If you’re under 35 and reading this article, I wish you’d stop already and get back to work. The national debt will pile up about $3.5 billion more today. I’m getting nervous about my Social Security. Chop chop.

And don’t forget to volunteer and spread the word for the coolest president in history! Did you catch him on the Daily show?!

The nation has begun listing terribly....the tipping point has been reached... we are out of balance and getting worse by the day....

finance.townhall.com...

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

You don't have to tell me all this to understand and know what Obama policies are doing to the younger generation and the established productive word force now laying unemployed and destitute thanks to his change and hopes.

He is clown, he has expanded the welfare class and lying to Americans about a future that he is helping to destroy.

I know, my daughter and my husband are example of his crappy hope and change.

edit on 30-7-2012 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Can Obama Seduce Young Voters While Robbing Them Blind? Again?,

Answer - YES. One look at the Real Clear Politics Electoral Map says so.
Real Clear Politics Electoral Map

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Just look at the weight that California holds. It troubles me every time I see that number. Just look at the mess that California has imposed on itself and you have to wonder. Based on that alone they should be stripped of their electoral might just for being so stupid. Brown thinks NOW is a good time to spend billions they don't have on high speed rail to nowhere. Meanwhile, city after city files for bankruptcy....

I just hope people wise up fast....

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
considering most have the attention span of gnats ... they will again vote for obama ... proving once more the idiot
factor is a driving force in american politics ....

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Obama saw this problem coming a mile away. That's why he bumped the dependency age to 26 so these "kids" can continue to suck their parents dry. Where will these kids be when their parents retire and need their support?? I suppose they will still be waiting for some Obama money... to help them along the way....

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
I just hope people wise up fast....

They've had 4 years to wise up. They haven't. They won't. It's just the way that it is. It's sad really. A nation with it's empty hands lout ooking for someone to fill them while at the same time not wanting that handout to cost them anything.

Sad side note - we are no longer who the world looks to for space travel and research. We are depending on the Russians (rickety!) to get us to space and the news today said that the Chinese are going to the moon ... meanwhile we have basically abandoned our space program. No money for space research and exploration when it's all going to go for entitlements. sad sad sad

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
It depends on how he runs his show. It's hard to argue debt with young people cause they aren't dumb people(well not all of them anyway). They do remember what happened the last time a Republican was in office. They don't have much of a leg to stand on as far as that is concerned. It's the pot calling the kettle black.

If Romney sticks to the economy he's got a shot. If he brings in social issues he's screwed. Most young people tend to lean liberal on social issues according to most of the polling out there. If they are going to pull the "you envy rich people" shtick they are going to be in trouble too. Younger people are suffering and have some rather high unemployment numbers. The old "boots straps" speech isn't going to cut it. Romney's best bet is older American's. there are far more old people in this country than young (which is part of our economic problem), it makes more sense to cater to them.
edit on 30-7-2012 by antonia because: opps

edit on 30-7-2012 by antonia because: added a thought

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

You make a good point. Sadly, its the older Americans that will have to turn this nation back around. The younger voters have been programmed to just accept the govt. status quo. They have no memory of how great our nation once was. Its pretty sad that the same generations that built this nation to greatness will be relied on once again to build back up all that was lost and all that they worked so hard for.

What happens when these great generations are gone forever?? We're screwed... I'm 40 years old and can appreciate our nations former glory. When I discuss the situation with anyone under 32 the conversation is disturbing. Those brains have been thoroughly scrubbed of any notion of American Exceptionalism...

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Whatever, you pat yourself on the back. Old people always blame us for everything.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

You calling me old?? at 40
I'll be working for 35 more years if this crap continues....
Being liberal on social issues won't bail this nation out of a recession. Who pays for these liberal social causes? Being a social justice advocate looks great on your facebook page. How does it fix the problem??

A healthy economy will support all of the social programs you want to VOLUNTEER for without having to rely on Uncle Sam. I'm all for that. My church does more for local charity than the govt could ever do. Perhaps the local millennials need frequent their local places of worship to fulfill their need for social causes.
edit on 30-7-2012 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

You know exactly how obama The Destroyer'll get the younger voters. He's gonna wait till it gets a little closer to election time and bailout the student loans. Then all these kids that got their college loans paid off by obama'll vote for him, "Cause he's such a great guy.
" .

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Chance321

That's a scary thought.....If that happens the divide between generations will be the size of the Grand Canyon. It still won't help these bailed out kids find a job. It just helps the loan guarantors... Surprise!!
The govt. becomes the Guarantee.... and the cycle continues. All paid for by the taxpayer (only 50% of the nation at the moment) Yikes!!

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Where is all this free stuff Obama is giving? Can someone please show me where I can get some please?

I want multi-million dollar bonuses like the bankers got.

Yeah, I'm not getting anything for free....

This thread is so stupid. The article is written by some
old-ish person that has an unrealistic view of the youth.

Where in the world do you think we think that we are getting free stuff?

Where is it?
WHERE?
Why would we expect anything?

edit on 30-7-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

It still won't help these bailed out kids find a job.

Nope, by they won't figure that out till after the election.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Who pays for these liberal social causes?

Who is going to pay for our military budget??? That kills people. It is the largest portion of our spending? Romney wants to raise it and go to war with Iran. Not that I like either candidate but this thread is just propagandist into making Romney look like a better choice. They both are awful.

All told, U.S. military spending in 2011 will exceed $700 billion — the most since World War II. That amounts to more than half of all government discretionary spending. It represents 35% of total military spending on the planet.

www.time.com...

US Military Budget Compared To Other Nations

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

These stupid kids will get what's coming to them and I'll be long since dead! When they're all destitute, eating their government provided cat food, living in government housing, getting innoculated by government poison and living in total fear, they can look back at this time in their lives and remember, even if for a fleeting moment, that they are reaping what they have sown!

I used to be scared for future generations. I used to worry about my daughter's future. I no longer do either. My child is smart enough to leave a sinking ship. The rest of the rats... they deserve to drown!

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Personaly dont really watch this show much on TV but the guy who plays the president, he bought an ipad yet?

Pretty sure all he has to do is buy an ipad and its a done deal.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

You get to graduate from college with massive debt,

Obama and democrats actually fought to keep the federal loan interest rate low for the time being.. Verses the republicans that were trying to double it as soon as possible.

He promises you free stuff

Where?

The official unemployment rate of 8.2% grossly understates the 15% or more who’ve been squeezed from employment

Then stop giving tax breaks to corporations that outsource. Republicans blocked a bill that did just that....

That might account for Obamacare’s mandate that insurers cover children in family plans for several years longer: 26 is the new 18

LOL. This isn't free. Your parents pay to keep you on their insurance. If you go to college insurance companies keep you on until you are 26 anyway...before Obamacare.

I forgot that 19 year olds being thousands or hundreds of dollars in debt due to medical bills was good for the economy. Especially since those unpaid costs just pass right onto you.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Discretionary spending doesn't show the whole picture since it hides entitlements. This chart breaks it down a little better.

Budget Pie Chart

This web site also show spending projections through 2017. Over that 5 year period, defense spending is projected to decrease about 11%, while pension costs (ss, etc.) are projected to rise about 25% and health care costs are projected top rise about 40%. Cradle to grave spending will ultimately bankrupt the country.

Federal Budget

I don't propose to have any master solutions, but the months my wife says we're tight on money, I curb just about all discretionary spending.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join