It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Lotuses Appear in Chinese River

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Don't know how those are happening, but I know it can be simulated.
I've done experiments with kids involving oil based fluids in water manipulated by soap of some sort, we used dish detergent, and it alters the shape of the oil submerged in the water.

Very interesting though! Perhaps some type of petroleum filtering from the base of the river and reacting with the sunlight and natural occuring boron in the water?

Very cool though!

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
poke a hole in an oil can and throw it in water the same thing will happen maybe not in the same pattern due to water currents but its oil or gas causeing it i would put money on it

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Eww creepy.

Is there any angels near by?

Maybe it's the apocalypse. DA NA NA

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee
reply to post by easy12

At 49 secs. on the second video you can see two "flowers" at once. if you were to turn one around they would be identical in shape, they look like cutouts made of plastic. i think it could be one of the newer materials used in maling colors appear in children's magic paints.

edit on 30-7-2012 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

That sounds more plausible than the toxic waste theories. The images are way too sharp and symmetrical to be caused by gas, oil, or any other chemical.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   
This is certainly wierd, would love to see someone poke a stick at it.

For anyone who claims it's oil, try this at home:

Take water, any water, try different types? Clean dirty etc.
Take oil, any oil, car oil, vegetable oil, any oil.
Pour oil in water.
Observe.

I'll bet you $100 the shape you see is round. If not perfectly round then it keeps a rounded shape. This is due to surface tension in the water and oil. These shapes do not conform to normal surface tension behaviour.

That's called "an anomoly". S+F.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by harryhaller

You are right but try gas and oil mixed together then drop a bit in the water . Makes a different effect !

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by rick004

*sigh*
Does it make geometric shapes like in the OP?

No?

Well then why did you bring it up?

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
That could have been setup to happen. the properties of chemicals are well known by some. someone upstream could have been dropping some special oil into the water and caused these formation. I'm not sure that it is good for the Ecosystem to do that but it doesn't appear that much can live in that river anyway.

The shape could have something to do with the presence of DNA from the Lotus in the water, DNA is a set of instructions for organic matter to assemble a shape amongst other things.
edit on 31-7-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
The reporter said of an old folklore telling the same story. So I'm thinking it's a natural petroleum source from underground which might rarely release air-pockets of an oily petroleum substance bubbling up and causes the patterns. and there were two patters one was a bit more rounded but still like a peddle of a flower.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I, too, would like to have the kinda esoteric Gaia - Dr. Emoto - DNA explanation to be true.
But I'm pretty sure it will turn out to be some very earthly chemical or physical cause for this.

Ever heard of thermoplastic material having a feature what is called "memory" ?
You warm it up, bend it, let it cool down, warm it up again and it takes on its previous form.

Just an Idea...

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by stew4media

Thats the thing that puzzles me. Either it's new then its most likely some tourist attraction hoax or whatever.
If there are really legends describing that, how on earth do the regular flowery patterns occur?

I bet we have all seen an oilslick by now?

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
It's a petroleum leakage under the water. Interesting that it ends up in a lotus shape though. Wonder why?
And it can't be cutouts. Each one is slightly different, and it blooms way too smoothly.
Pretty soon they'll be digging the river up to get to the oil. Human greed is a nasty thing.
edit on 7/31/12 by Billie828 because: had more to add.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by easy12

Many thanks OP very interesting thread. The weird thing is watch the first video at 6:20 mark and it looks like the flower shape is reflection of something in the air and is going behind a building. Check it out.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by harryhaller

"sigh" it just may be caused by the current in the creek or the ratio of oil and gas ? Keep an open mind it could be " swamp gas " too ???

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by easy12

Maybe these lotuses blossom only once every 5 or 10 years... There are several plants out there that blossom only once in their lifetime and that too after a gap of five to ten years

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I kept waiting for someone to poke a stick in it. I wanted to see if it would disperse, go under, or smite the stick wielder.
I wonder why nobody tried to touch it and see if it stayed? Very beautiful regardless, though it would be nice to know what is causing it.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I don't know of anything that would keep surface tension of an oily substance like it does where the 'petals' meet. It's only a few degrees angle! Surface tension makes slicks 'want' to stay rounded-ish, or combine with adjacent pockets of same substance. Very weird, indeed!

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
In the video at 1:34 you can see a dropper in a guys hand hanging out the window its either some kind of eye drop or dish soap what a farse ! you can even see the people on the shore paying close attention to him as he drops the droplets, nothing to see hear move along this is worse then the pocket vagina them other chinese people found in a hole and where trying to say its some wierd creature, lame ass!

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by seridium

The only thing that this guy drops into the river is some cigarette ash

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by rick004Keep an open mind it could be " swamp gas " too ???

Yeah.

Way too much swamp gas around lately.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join