It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Lotuses Appear in Chinese River

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Gonna have to make it a short one as I haven't got much info on this besides the videos.
Could very well occur due to environmental pollution and it is happening in China, so i put it in fragile earth.

On the other hand there are rumors of legends describing similar happenings in the past.
The Village as the River have names with "lotus" in it.

Would love to hear your ideas on what could cause these strange oily geometric patterns:

edit on 30-7-2012 by easy12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Alien spaceships reflecting in the water

people cant see them with the naked eyes

or its something toxic in the water making weird oil spots

SNF very interesting

edit on 7/30/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by easy12

It does look like it is some type of chemical, oil, or something that causes this. I remember when I was younger and was repainting a dock on the water, I would see similar patterns form when drops of the paint would drip into the water. The shapes and colors created were stunning.

I would guess that it's some sort of chemical released from decaying plant matter or something that has a reaction in the water to do this.

Whatever the cause, it's very beautiful.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Agree with Ben81 there about something toxic in the water.

The apparent frequency & localised nature of the phenomena plus its general dispersal pattern, imo, is what I would expect to see from a the slow underwater leakage of an oil/gas deposit or equivilent in a pipeline (or naturally). The rainbow colours are usually a sign of petroleum based products in water.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
That is weird, when I saw the thread title I was just expecting it to be a discovery of a new type of lotus flower, this is just strange.

I guess the simple and logical is that there is some pollutant in the river, but that wouldn't explain why it is only happening at this one spot in the river. when the flower shape first starts to appear it looks like an oil ring, you even get the same refracted colours again which gives credence to it being pollution, but this river is named after these events and so is the town where it is happening which happened in ancient times, so that would indicate a natural Phenomenon.

All very peculiar, i wonder if anyone has taken samples to analyse?

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
The first thing coming to my mind are the experiments done by Dr. Emoto showed that water seems to have memory and a sort of "intellegence".....I'm unable to connect links right now, but are some great documentaries on you tube that outline his experiments,,,worth looking up if you are not familiar with his work.

Maybe the water itself "knows" lotus flowers should be there instead of pollution and is somehow expressing this?

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
wow. that is really WEIRD.

any links to reports of this happening long ago? i'm too sleepy to google very much.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Its a reflection, as seen when it cross the banana tree shade, but somehow it flows with water.
Indeed strange, plus happen in Lotus county of Lotus District.

Weird thing is nobody dare to disturb the water or try to catch it. In America I bet they shoot it first.

Why nobody predict this ? .

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Put me in with the chemical leak crowd. I'm no chemist but it seems that certain chemicals are going to have different dispersion patterns based on being in the water.

One of the videos shows a lotus forming and it for sure looks like it's growing from the center and spreading out.

Nice find anyway.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by easy12

I am puzzled into speechlessness.

edit on 30-7-2012 by skepticconwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Check this out, maybe it will end this thread...nothing supernatural about it...

www.youtube.com...

I'm sure there is some type of petroleum deposit coming to the surface of the riverbed letting out big drops of oil every couple of minutes, nothing crazy.
edit on 05/21/2010 by Wheelindiehl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
How come nobody ever does the obvious, throw something at it in the water...? Touch it with a stick, see if it dissolves or not. The reporter in the 2nd video is pretty hot, somebody tell her i said "hello" ...

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Wheelindiehl

Basically marbling, used in many ways on many things..I see this effect when I do my finger nails you drop the nail polishes in and it causes that effect dip the nail in and you get the pattern on your nail..it really cool.

But this this looks like oil in water and it being squeezed out of a very tight hole under neath that causes the strange dispersion of it.

It someone really wanted to test this out and had the time all they'd have to do is get a tub of murky water, brown preferably, run a tube through the tub with a small puncture in it and pump small amounts of oil through it and see if they get the same effect, could try it with the tube exposed at first like an exposed pipe would be, then with dirt compacted over it.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by easy12

At 49 secs. on the second video you can see two "flowers" at once. if you were to turn one around they would be identical in shape, they look like cutouts made of plastic. i think it could be one of the newer materials used in maling colors appear in children's magic paints.

edit on 30-7-2012 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Only in China do toxic substances leaking into a creek get twisted into some wonderful sign from the gods.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
DR Emoto came first to mind but after watching part of the first video I see the people are not as shocked as they should be in this case. They seem happy to see it but not in some unexpected way. I think they placed the cutouts in the water and eventually they rise back up with the spilt oil dropping to the bottom and leaving only the floating petal.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
All the people are chattering how strange it is and they are calling to everyone to come and see the strange thing..

They have never seen it before.. Whatever it is, it appears to be unique to these people.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienreality
All the people are chattering how strange it is and they are calling to everyone to come and see the strange thing..

They have never seen it before.. Whatever it is, it appears to be unique to these people.

Yes well they don't seem to be getting any video or photos, all there is is the ones on the thread here as far as i can find.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
At 6:35 in the first video , you can see what looks like a cistern of some sort (red and white striped) with a green hose going into the water where the lotus slicks are forming . I have an old two stroke outboard motor ( it takes mixed gas) and it makes slicks like these in our lake when I'm idling along . China is littered with two stroke engines in all their scooters and small motors . Just my opinion !

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
All of the "lotus" seem to be appearing under the reflection of the powerlines above the stream. If i had to guess i would guess that something is dripping off of the lines in to the water causing this to happen.

Could be some kind of oil on the lines breaking down and the rain water taking it away, could be the plastic/rubber in the line casing breaking down. Could be something being burned near by and sticking to the lines.

It is beautiful, but i worry about the pollution that would cause such a phenomenon.

DC

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join