It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PhotoShop Syria

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

nice find! now......what in the hell is going on?

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

Cmon man show to the world how you get no clue what so ever how photoshop works.
Keep babbling about the too dark lady to be PS

Theres still other element in the picture,
In case you blind, theres a man in the picture holdin a child and your looney theory doesn't even consider it.

I guess someone got ALOT invested in MSM
Really, what is your motive to defend such a lost cause.
You MOST Defenitly lost any credibility on this board,

Oh and wheres your sources?
So far I only see opinions.
Not that anyone takes them seriously

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Large original I uploaded here
Cropped and level adjust, took a whole 10 seconds. I could do way better, if I had the time.

edit on Tue, 31 Jul 2012 15:33:44 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by eagleeye2

Cmon man show to the world how you get no clue what so ever how photoshop works.
Keep babbling about the too dark lady to be PS

Theres still other element in the picture,
In case you blind, theres a man in the picture holdin a child and your looney theory doesn't even consider it.

I guess someone got ALOT invested in MSM
Really, what is your motive to defend such a lost cause.
You MOST Defenitly lost any credibility on this board,

Oh and wheres your sources?
So far I only see opinions.
Not that anyone takes them seriously

The two photos are the only sources presented here and one is claimed to be original and used to make the other.
If anyone bothers to look at them, you can see the one claimed to make the other is an impossibility.

So
A) A third original photo is missing from the discussion used to make both photos shown here or

B) The the bombed out version was used to make the street corner version

The street corner version is doctored and is not original, that much is evident.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

lmao! Dude face it, you're wrong.

You get a star for being Special

edit on 31-7-2012 by swoopaloop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP
If anyone bothers to look at them, you can see the one claimed to make the other is an impossibility.

Photoshop, do you know what it's used for? Thats right, editing images, a real shocker isnt it!? When manipulating photos, the artist edits both photos to match each other, i.e. a really dark spot gets lightened as to NOT GIVE THE SHOP AWAY... It's really not that hard

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
What's worse than photoshopping? Making women cover their entire bodies because the men are so insecure. I look forward to the liberation of Syria.

Well I don't think the FSA and Muslim Brotherhood are going to liberate anything! Create further chaos, inter-tribal war, flood the place the place with weapons, persecute anybody non-muslim and impose stricter harsher rules (sharia law) perhaps, but liberate? No.
Not saying Assad it's an all around good guy but he has some serious advantages for many people in Syria. Personally, I support neither side. I feel sorry for those trapped in the middle.
edit on 31-7-2012 by b14warrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

I think there is something wrong with your screen.

The 'third photo' you requested was posted ages ago (i.e the original bombed out picture).

I think if your screen is working ok you perhaps don't have the guts to come out and say- 'I'm sorry I was wrong'
edit on 31-7-2012 by b14warrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP
The top photo has more detail
The bottom photo has blacked out sections omitting detail, in particular the lady, her midsection above handbag and entire face shroud area.
The dates mean nothing. This was an as yet unused file photo. Someone photoshopped it before it was picked up and used by a journalist, thus creating the illusion the newer photoshopped pic is more originally dated than the actual original file photo later on used by some journalist somewhere.

To put it nicely, you've all been fooled in a rush to get an I gotcha moment against the MSM.
edit on 31-7-2012 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

Please, by all means, since you are so good with the photoshop, lay out the images and highlight for us all these points you are making.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by kingkra
Still, if one photo is more dark than the other doesn't necessarily mean that the darker photo is the fake. As said earlier, you can take an original darker photo and increase the contrast level and you would obtain a photo with less black spots, and you can after that add any tint you want to it.

Why are you copying exactly what I said? I have taken a look at your other posts and you have done that on every thread in which you have participated.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I think we could be reading too much into the picture. I think yes this news outlet was caught red handed fabricating the picture. However we cannot ignore that some of the worst crimes against human beings are currently being inflicted upon the people by the Assad regim. I'm not just regugitating what is said on the media I know aid workers who have been to Syria and the story on the ground there is alot worser than what we are shown... to mention a few things...

- Children massacered
- Women and children raped in front of their families
- People buried alive
- People burnt and tortured to death

The Assad regime and his military will literally do anything, Assads followers literally worship him, therefore anything he says they will follow no matter how repungent the average person finds it to be...

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kamza
I think we could be reading too much into the picture.

Depends what you think people are reading into it.

I think yes this news outlet was caught red handed fabricating the picture. However we cannot ignore that some of the worst crimes against human beings are currently being inflicted upon the people by the Assad regim.

I think this is more of an example of how this specific media outlet is using deceitful means to convey a specific message, than a way to say that Assad is some sort of saint. Although i do agree that some in this thread will likely pretend that's what it implies.

I put this in 'deconstructing disinfo' because for me, it highlights how the media manipulates information more than it highlights anything specific about Syria (the media does this sort of thing on ALL KINDS of topics). But it also shows what specific kind of narrative they are trying to draw concerning the syria issue.

The Assad regime and his military will literally do anything, Assads followers literally worship him, therefore anything he says they will follow no matter how repungent the average person finds it to be...

Worship? Assad's 'followers' appear to understand their place in the social order, and understand what his ouster will mean for them. But claiming they 'worship' him? I'll need quite a bit of evidence for that.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Without a doubt the war torn image is a fake designed to fool people into believing the worst of Syria, but to what ends? Is it to justify the UN going in and mopping up?

What is actually going on in the original image?

Or are the couple really just a part of team Canada.....

(yes terrible I know, my photoshop skills leave a lot to be desired)

edit on 31/7/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk

Without a doubt the war torn image is a fake designed to fool people into believing the worst of Syria, but to what ends? Is it to justify the UN going in and mopping up?

Honestly, at this point, I think the simplest explanation is the weak one they gave after the fact, claiming this was meant as a 'collage'. They wanted to convey a specific message, and made a collage to do so. If they wanted to post something showing war-torn syria, they easily could have. There are tons of images out in the media Instead, they tried to convey an 'idea' and manipulated the photo. Them not pointing out the image was manipulated was just stupid or lazy. I cant imagine they would think they wouldnt get caught using such an obviously faked image if their only intent was manipulation.

Or are the couple really just a part of team Canada.....

(yes terrible I know, my photoshop skills leave a lot to be desired)

edit on 31/7/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

Busted!
edit on 31-7-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Kamza

I think the issue people take with this is the fact that the FSA have been caught taking part in extreme violence themselves, shooting at Assad supporters, lying and falsifying facts, figures and faking atrocities, even making faked videos of atrocities (as has even been shown on some MSM) and have been persecuting anybody that is not Muslim or does not want the FSA and Muslim Brotherhood to win this bloody civil war.

The FSA themselves are responsible for many deaths of soldiers, police officers and innocent men, women and children too.
It has been very well documented, even on by real decent jornos that this bloody war has been run and funded by people not in Syria and the rebels have been caught many times and it is all well documented.

The issue is not whether the Assad regime has done some dreadful things it is who you are are supporting as an alternative.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Re; Tinfoil....

What are you on about man? D you really just close your eyes and ears and sing "la la la la la" when you are obviously wrong? Did you even look at the original? I saw shadows on the burka. Blacked and smudged face? This is the basis for your debunking? Did you ever think your computer screen may be crap?

Did you even read the post with the quote from the editor of the Paper? The weak apology?

Just man up and accept you're wrong. My guess is you will disappear and shill...err I mean vehemently debunk on another thread. There are many out there like you...quick to jump and debunk, ignore plausible evidence, and fail to acknowledge reality.

No star for you!
edit on 1-8-2012 by Goldcurrent because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-8-2012 by Goldcurrent because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7
Honestly, at this point, I think the simplest explanation is the weak one they gave after the fact, claiming this was meant as a 'collage'. They wanted to convey a specific message, and made a collage to do so. If they wanted to post something showing war-torn syria, they easily could have. There are tons of images out in the media Instead, they tried to convey an 'idea' and manipulated the photo. Them not pointing out the image was manipulated was just stupid or lazy. I cant imagine they would think they wouldnt get caught using such an obviously faked image if their only intent was manipulation.

I beg to differ. This was an attempt to dramatize the situation in Aleppo. The picture is subtitled with the words: "Eine Ruinenstadt aus der die Menschen fliehen sind Teile von Aleppo geworden". - Translation: "People flee from Aleppo, parts of Aleppo have become a ruined city."

This fits well with all the other articles which dominate most western newspapers. Every piece of "activist-information" is used to make headlines, while the version of the Syrian government gets little traction. The Syrian government-sponsored website of Sana (Syrian news organization) is blocked. Background to the "activist-information" is almost never given. This pattern is typical for all wars.

A narratve is created which targets our emotions. The narrative is repeated again and again. The narrative can foster misplaced patriotism - or, if a war is sold for humanitarian reasons a misplaced sense of duty, anger and fear. The narrative is also used to quash opposition and to silence the debate at home.

Here are some propaganda principles which are used to justify nearly all wars. The list was compiled by Anne Morelli and is partially based on the works of Arthur Ponsonby. Ponsonby is the man, who coined the phrase: “When war is declared, truth is the first casualty" in his book Falsehood in Wartime: Propaganda Lies of the First World War (1928)

FALSEHOOD IN WAR-TIME, by Arthur Ponsonby MP (1929)
www.vlib.us...

1. We don't want the war.
  2. The enemy is responsible for the war.
  3. The leader of the enemy is a villain who has committed (or is going to commit) heinous deeds.
  4. We fight for a good cause (freedom, democracy, human rights, stop terror etc)
  5. The enemy uses illegal arms and dirty tactics.
  6. The enemy commits cruelties on purpose (If we do it, it was just a “bad apple” or an accident)
  7. Intellectuals, human rights organisations and artists support our cause
  8. Our mission is for the greater good (in earlier times a holy cause)
  9. ur losses are small, we are winning, the losses of the enemy are enormous
  10. Those, who doubt our war-coverage are either traitors who support our enemies, or they are conspiracy theorists or they have nor heart

(Questions to the Austrians: Is this subtitile under the picture normal Austrian grammar? In German this grammar is horrible)
edit on 1-8-2012 by Drunkenshrew because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-8-2012 by Drunkenshrew because: grammar and spelling

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenshrew

Given that we speak German, obviously the grammar is just as horrible in 'Austrian'

I didn't even get what it was supposed to mean when I first read it, so I just assumed I had misread something because it's kinda hard to see in the picture. As i said in my first post in this thread, the Kronen Zeitung isn't exactly known for being a quality paper.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drunkenshrew

I beg to differ. This was an attempt to dramatize the situation in Aleppo. The picture is subtitled with the words: "Eine Ruinenstadt aus der die Menschen fliehen sind Teile von Aleppo geworden". - Translation: "People flee from Aleppo, parts of Aleppo have become a ruined city."

Yes, but as i pointed out, there are already actual, un-doctered photos of the conflict in Aleppo that they could have used to further their obvious agenda. A simple google search of Aleppo Syria will give you dozens.

A narratve is created which targets our emotions. The narrative is repeated again and again. The narrative can foster misplaced patriotism - or, if a war is sold for humanitarian reasons a misplaced sense of duty, anger and fear. The narrative is also used to quash opposition and to silence the debate at home.

What they did was lazy, not malicious. Was there intent to push a specific anti-Assad narrative? Absolutely? If you will re-read my post, i am not denying that. I'm just pointing out what they did wasnt manufacturing a war where there is none. It was just sloppy 'journalism'.

If you'll re-read my post, you will see we are more or less saying the same thing. I'm not denying their being manipulative. What I'm denying is that they thought they could slip this through un-noticed and pass it off as legit.

edit on 1-8-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-8-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7

What I'm denying is that they thought they could slip this through un-noticed and pass it off as legit.

So what you are saying is they purposely used doctored images knowing they'd get caught so it would further shed bad light on the FSA? Propagates the cry wolf syndrome, don't believe anything the press says about the bad guy Assad anymore angle to the propaganda war?

Given that the paper is often associated with neo Nazi, and Hapsburg dynasty empire leanings, it would be easy for some to conclude they are really for the Assad regime dictatorship but won't come right out and say it, instead do stunts like this to help Assad and place bad light on the FSA.

edit on 1-8-2012 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-8-2012 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join