It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PhotoShop Syria

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Photoshopped image in Austria newspaper from Syria:

Just came across it on reddit:

www.reddit.com...

Rather poignant, eh? Photoshop a bombed out background to make it seem more dire. Honestly, did they think no one would catch this?

ETA: here's the two news sources in question: The one who did the Shop: www.krone.at...

and the one who hotsted the original unshopped image: en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 29-7-2012 by stanguilles7 because: add info on sources

edit on 29-7-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
oh wow.. now that is blatant.. wonder if it was worth it for the newspaper considering the hell that could come down on them for doing something so silly.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Cassey222

considering the hell that could come down on them for doing something so silly.

Well Id be more concerned with the actions that results from the anger of people seeing the altered images not knowing they are fake.

The whole building a false case to invade thing, its Morally reprehensible.

Its a sick and twisted take on the fourth branch of government or the 4th estate (media), Kennedy called for them to constantly be questioning the government...

Now they are the propaganda arm.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
its too small

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by BacknTime
its too small

It's a reduced gif to save space, specially for people who browse with limited capabilities, like on a phone.

All you have to do is click on it, and the image will open in a new tab.

but here ya go:

edit on 29-7-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

that is what makes it so bad, the fact that they are using negative imagery in order to sell their idea. It conveys a message and people seeing that image build a bigger picture based off of that image. There is lying and there is deceit; this is deceit.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

oh LOL dope, thanks

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Firstly you stole that image from this thread.
More Proof of Media Manipulation in Syria...BUSTED!
And now your claiming it as you found it first.

You should learn to read dates better. I posted this thread on the 30th. The thread you linked to was posted on the 31st.

Also, i cited source in the op.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
We live in dangerous times. "Picts or it didn't happen" really means nothing now.

edit on 31-7-2012 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
The top photo has more detail
The bottom photo has blacked out sections omitting detail, in particular the lady, her midsection above handbag and entire face shroud area.
The dates mean nothing. This was an as yet unused file photo. Someone photoshopped it before it was picked up and used by a journalist, thus creating the illusion the newer photoshopped pic is more originally dated than the actual original file photo later on used by some journalist somewhere.

To put it nicely, you've all been fooled in a rush to get an I gotcha moment against the MSM.
edit on 31-7-2012 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Manipulation,at its finest.

With three million readers a day, Austria's Kronen Zeitung has perhaps the highest per capita circulation of any newspaper in the world. It gained this preeminence with an almost dadaist collage of stories fanning fears that Vienna is being swamped by undesirable refugees, editorials tinged with anti-Semitic innuendo, and articles trivializing the Holocaust.

Austria’s Troubling Tabloid

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP
The bottom photo has blacked out sections omitting detail, in particular the lady, her midsection above handbag and entire face shroud area.
The dates mean nothing. This was an as yet unused file photo. Someone photoshopped it before it was picked up and used by a journalist, thus creating the illusion the newer photoshopped pic is more originally dated than the actual original file photo later on used by some journalist somewhere.

To put it nicely, you've all been fooled in a rush to get an I gotcha moment against the MSM.

All you're doing is making stuff up, you have no proof for any of this, it's all just coming out of your ass because you support any MSM no matter what they do.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
What's worse than photoshopping? Making women cover their entire bodies because the men are so insecure. I look forward to the liberation of Syria.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by bl4ke360

All you're doing is making stuff up, you have no proof for any of this, it's all just coming out of your ass because you support any MSM no matter what they do.

Look with your own eyes, if you deny the blackened out areas I mentioned that is your problem not mine.

In any other case, if two photos were presented and one had blackened out areas hiding detail, it would be a no brainer which one was more original. But because these two photos are an attempt to discredit the MSM, blinders are applied with super glue.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Look with your own eyes, if you deny the blackened out areas I mentioned that is your problem not mine.

In any other case, if two photos were presented and one had blackened out areas hiding detail, it would be a no brainer which one was more original. But because these two photos are an attempt to discredit the MSM, blinders are applied with super glue.

Blackened out areas aren't proof of anything, you can blacken and unblacken things in photoshop, and if you had any experience using photoshop you would know that. So here's you with no knowledge of the subject giving your biased input as usual.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Blackened out areas aren't proof of anything, you can blacken and unblacken things in photoshop, and if you had any experience using photoshop you would know that. So here's you with no knowledge of the subject giving your biased input as usual.

Areas are blackened out to hide shadow details that do not match the surrounding shadow characteristics.
One image boldly shows the shadows with all details and another hides them. Again, seeing only what one wants to see instead of the truth that is staring everyone in the face does nothing to deny ignorance.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

Still, if one photo is more dark than the other doesn't necessarily mean that the darker photo is the fake. As said earlier, you can take an original darker photo and increase the contrast level and you would obtain a photo with less black spots, and you can after that add any tint you want to it.

edit : there you go, I have launched photoshop and did one thing and only one : increased brightness.
As you can see, just by doing that, the black spots on the head of the woman are gone and you can now see the details of the fabric, just like in the other photo from the austrian paper.

edit on 31-7-2012 by gosseyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Nice find OP

The fakery cant be more obvious.
A bit more obvious and they could put the Statue of Liberty in planet of the apes

These kind of trickery had been used way before photoshop ever existed.
A picture with Mackenzie King and the queen comes to mind in 1939.
So theres no doubt we missed a few bunch in between.

www.collectionscanada.gc.ca...

picture taken in 1939. In the original photo, King George VI, Queen Elizabeth and Prime Minister William Lyon Mackenzie King seem to be enjoying a nice day in Banff, Alberta. Unfortunately for the king, he was painted out of the picture.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by gosseyn
reply to post by TinfoilTP

Still, if one photo is more dark than the other doesn't necessarily mean that the darker photo is the fake. As said earlier, you can take an original darker photo and increase the contrast level and you would obtain a photo with less black spots, and you can after that add any tint you want to it.

edit : there you go, I have launched photoshop and did one thing and only one : increased brightness.
As you can see, just by doing that, the black spots on the head of the woman are gone and you can now see the details of the fabric, just like in the other photo from the austrian paper.

edit on 31-7-2012 by gosseyn because: (no reason given)

Nice try, but fail.
You didn't address what I posted, only small specific areas that I pointed out were completely blackened out, not darkening or lighting up the entire photo. The head of the lady still shows detail has been removed. Her entire head has been altered. Which proves the photo was manipulated.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join