It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need answers pertaining to something odd that happened yesterday at my work.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Maybe she is just trolling you guys? /shrug lol

It takes an even crazier person to "act" like that on purpose in public though.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Um, shes off her meds probably...also your salon has the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason.....don't let her back in the door. And at the very least save the video and document everything in case it needs to be used in a trial.

And in a salon full of scissors i wouldnt really be too worried about anyone attacking the place.

Hittin up the cops wouldn't hurt either.......

Or

You could let her back in the door and play make believe with her.....thats what Id do.....Im that way though. i like demented people...its my thing.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vrill
Maybe she is just trolling you guys? /shrug lol

It takes an even crazier person to "act" like that on purpose in public though.

HEY ive done that man....not to this extreme of course......but doing it on purpose...seems like the thing to do in some cases....I love a good mind @!$*&^

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Sounds like your ordinary everyday run of the mill psychosis to me...if she isn't just yanking your chain that is...

Sorry to sound so flippant, but this is what I do all day every day for the last 18 years...well...not what she did/does...I work in mental health, do mental health state examinations, crisis assessments and so forth...

Whether its due to any pre-existing psychotic disorder or a recent drug-induced psychosis, who knows.
Heck, it might not even strictly be a mental illness issue...theres a few physical health issues that can present with psychotic symptoms...hence the need to do a decent assessment...

Best thing to do would be to contact a *somebody*.

I'd be contacting your local mental health Crisis Assessment Team (check your local phone-book or call your local hospital) and informing them...chances are that level of crazy hasn't gone unnoticed, so chances are she could already be on someones books.

I'd also be contacting your local Police if you get no joy from any mental health team...the cops are the ones charged with maintaining safety, and bearing in mind if this lady is any type of threat then theres a good chance any crisis team is unlikely to go and do any assessment without the Police first picking her up and securing her before the crisis team shows up. We don't get paid enough - nor do we get issued bullet-proof vests or anything - to go rocking up on people who might be keen to doing us a mischief. Thats the cops job.

If she shows up again, just maintain your safety, refuse her entry and contact a someone.
That might sound harsh and all...but really, unless you know what you're dealing with then I wouldn't muck around with what-ifs...

edit on 30-7-2012 by alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by DoxieCircus

I could only hope that this woman is like me, and simply loves a good trolling on unknown people. I get a kick out of it from time to time, making people think how odd and eccentric I am

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Assuming this is real, wondering whether she's schizo, psychotic, possessed &/or on drugs might be interesting, but it's not "important" (to you). What should be important to you is the welfare of your employees, the safety of other clients, & that of "society at large". Whatever the reason for her behavior, you can't fix it. Let the professionals deal with "why".

If the person picking her up comes into the salon, ask him if you feel it's appropriate. But do not exit the salon to talk to him or keep an eye on her.

If you don't feel safe with her, report it to the police & don't see her anymore. If you feel she may be a danger to herself &/or others, report it to the police & social services & be done with her.

Many Police Depts take Complaints & Incident Reports (kind of a pre-emptive bum covering record). Document what happened, what she said, witnesses etc & include the best facial still from the video. Also include a description of the person/vehicle picking her up.

If you schedule her again (bad idea), the next time she comes in, call Dispatch, give them the IR #, tell them it's not an emergency, but that if they have any cruisers in the neighborhood, if they could please drop in.

Final thought ..
IF she came into your workplace & you all felt uneasy, BUT you scheduled her again anyway, and IF you all felt uneasy again, BUT you didn't report it to anyone, and THEN you schedule her for yet another appointment .. who exactly do you think will be held liable if she loses it & hurts someone while at/or associated with the salon? One guess.
edit on 30-7-2012 by AtlasShrugging because: danged keyboard can't spell

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Vrill

That's exactly what I said lol. I do that a lot

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   
If people would understand that demonic possession is a reality, they wouldn't try explaining things like this as "mental illness".

The only reason that the medical industry calls cases like this mental illness is so they don't get backed into a corner where they may have no alternative but to acknowledge that the spirit world exists.
edit on 30/7/12 by NuclearPaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

I think a lot of people who act like that are in fact, faking it. Some just take it to extreme measures at times.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by loveguy

Tell that to the families of the Aurora victims.....what this woman did is called terroristic threats.

She needs a psych evaluation, not a warm and fuzzy friend.....

Des

That's right, when dealing with these individuals it is a good idea to call the authorities and somehow see if she can get a mental health evaluation. That is what would help her the most. She might be dangerous to herself and others.

My guess is that she has schizophrenia and is also using some kind of drugs on top of it maybe? When she goes into the bathroom, maybe she is shooting up with something...

Gaining someone's trust and trying to help them is an idea with good intentions, but I know from experience with someone who was very similar to this (threatening homicide, paranoid schizophrenic) that it can cause a lot of stress. Although I learned a lot from the experience, I eventually told the counselor and proper campus safety officers about it, and that was what had to be done.

He is doing a lot better now and we are friends again.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   

"So my question to you guys is, what do you think is wrong with her. Schizophrenia? Possessed?

And my last question is do you think that we should contact authorities and tell them what she said about killing 22 people. I'm honestly afraid to go to work on Tuesday. I don't feel safe.

Please help and give me any insight that you guys may have!! Thanks! "

1. IMHO, The answer to your first question is that it doesn't matter either way, she could be an MK Ultra/Naomi-type, mind-controlled slave ready to commit a horrible crime to further someone's agenda, like trying to hurt (or worse) 22 people I'm sure you care about. You can't possibly know but this should have been your 2nd question.

2. Contact the authorities?!? YES!!!! Without a doubt! IMMEDIATELY, RIGHT NOW!!! (This should have been your 1st question imho).
This person you spoke of seriously needs help from either a priest or a shrink or a bored exterminator but never you mind which one. DO give the authorities as much detailed information as possible. Heck, send them a link to this post or copy/paste it to them in an email, BUT DO IT NOW! DO NOT question that bad gut feeling everyone had.

Peace to you & yours in light-speed!

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

Sorry, but as someone who's worked in the system in my country for 18 years, I wouldn't totally agree with that.

I do certainly believe in Demonic possession...having dealt with cases both inside and outside of work that I'd view as such.

I don't believe that everything deemed mental illness is such...there's a whole lot more out there for sure.

However its not a case of what I believe, its a case of what I can do about it in the role I'm employed in and within the professional codes of conduct my registration is governed by.

That said, at least in my country anyway, there are some mental health services that do operate with a combined clinical, cultural/spiritual approach.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas

I could only hope that this woman is like me, and simply loves a good trolling on unknown people. I get a kick out of it from time to time, making people think how odd and eccentric I am

There is a BIG difference between making people believe you are odd and eccentric...and someone...in PUBLIC...talking about Killing People. I KNOW VIOLENCE. I LIVE IT...from time to time and there is NOTHING GOOD ABOUT IT!

When someone says something like this woman did...they are either Mentally Imbalanced or are SERIOUS OR BOTH! It may seem funny to you and in a way...even I can find the Humor in what a Crazy World that has such Crazy People living in it...but....this Humor for you could quickly turn to sorrow should this TOPICS author dismiss this woman's actions because you took it as comical and with a Grain of Salt...and because of her dismissal of what happened...the next time this woman comes in...no one calls the Cops...She grabs a pair of scissors and starts STABBING TO DEATH ANYONE WITHIN REACH!

How would you HONESTLY FEEL THEN? I...much like you...try to find Humor in everything...but this is not one of those times to talk about it to a person in serious need. I would suggest...keep your Humor in check for this post...although you have the right to say whatever you want...but then...so do I. Split Infinity

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Sounds like maybe multiple personalities, but I'd really be cautious in booking an appointment for her again.

Maybe after you watch your security tape of her, you sholuld take it to the police and explain the situation, so far she sounds like all she's done is freak everyone else out.. But who knows, maybe one of her personalities might be a mass killer. Maybe they could put a plain clothes in, and keep an eye on your shop if you decide to give her another appointment and alert them to when she comes in, somethings definately wrong. Be careful. good luck.
edit on 30-7-2012 by 1loserel2 because: add

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

I said I hope she was just acting like me and just loved a good trolling of people. I often act 'crazy' around unknown people just to get a kick out of reading their reactions at 'this crazy fool gone mad' later. I am not serious about any of it, simply a way to play pranks in good fun ^_^

However, I agree that this could in reality be a serious psychosis problem. The aforementioned was simply out of desire for this NOT to be the case.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I see this thing kind of thing every day, it would be an unusual day at work if I DIDN'T see something like this.... It's nothing mystical, just mental illness...... I wouldn't worry too much about the stuff she said that seemed to relate specifically to the salon, I think that part is probably coincidence, even a broken clock is right twice a day.... If she comes back again though and is exhibiting behaviour that indicates she is a risk to herself or someone else then you could always report it, no harm in that.... If you feel threatened then report it... That's my opinion...

Also, people with mental health problems, more specifically, those with delusions, who are actively psychotic or are experiencing 'ideas of reference' (messages from the tv, radio, news, people talking about them on tv etc) are often influenced by what they see on the news. The recent shootings in Colorado could easily have influenced her psychotic experiences (delusional beliefs, auditory hallucinations etc)zz
As for her cutting herself, it's pretty common for people to do that.... Honestly, it might sound or seem frightening when you're confronted with something like this but it's really nothing to get to worried over... Like I said, if you feel that she is a threat to herself or others then I would report it to the police, or... )I dunno what country you're from so...???) in the UK there are local mental health services (community mental health teams, crisis resolution teams etc) that you could contact for advice.... I would just go down the police route if you think she's a risk...

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Stupid double post....??
edit on 30-7-2012 by Milkflavour because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

Yes...I know. I am not trying to make you look bad or like some jerk. I was just pointing out that some people may misunderstand what you were conveying. I get it...and I do it sometimes...but I have seen some really Messed Up S#!%! So...I try not to leave anything to chance! Split Infinity

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Milkflavour
I see this thing kind of thing every day, it would be an unusual day at work if I DIDN'T see something like this....

SO, how many times has someone threatened to kill over 20 people at your workplace?

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Milkflavour

I see this thing kind of thing every day, it would be an unusual day at work if I DIDN'T see something like this.... It's nothing mystical, just mental illness..

These are the kind of comments that scare the hell out of me, but I know they are true.

There's a reason these people are labeled as having "personal demons", because that's what they are.

What I want to know from the medical professionals on here is, how many of them claim, "I work for Satan"?

Is the number high or low?

For people working in the field also, how many of you go home at night feeling like you've dragged some of these demons home with you? Does it appear as though there's chaos and lunacy coming from the staff as well after being around it all day?
edit on 30-7-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join