It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need answers pertaining to something odd that happened yesterday at my work.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I had a similar experience with a "demon entity" the other night at Wendy's.

I was standing in line at around 9:30 PM inside the store waiting for the people ahead of me to get their order done, when suddenly I felt this HUGE fear in the pit of my stomach. So I turn around and look, and outside is this overweight hairy 20-something year old with untamed facial hair and dirty clothes just staring at me through the glass outside. I ignore it and he eventually comes in, and stands there staring at me through the lobby glass.

I continue to ignore him and eventually order my food. I then sit down in a booth and wait for them to bring it out.

He then proceeds to come inside and sit in the booth next to me. Upon close examination, this "man" had 4 inch long yellow nails (claws, really) and was wearing a black shirt with the grim reaper on it. He proceeds to speak to me in a very demeaning manner. Mockingly.

"Where ya going tonight?" - him
"Home." - me
"Who are you going home to?"
"God."
"Ooooh, that's sad. I don't have anyone to go home to."
"I'm sorry to hear that. I'll pray for you."
"WHY?"
"Because it's a good thing."
"We'll see."

Then he got up and left.

Really scary.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
she is most likely suffering a mental disorder. if you don't want to call the police then at least call the health services dept and see if someone can find her. you said you googled and couldn't find her online anywhere..... she may not have given you her real name.

she may not be dangerous but you're taking a HUGE risk if you don't take her threats seriously.

i highly doubt she's on drugs because she's going in and out of this odd state. that doesn't match up to any drug induced state i've ever heard of. matches perfectly with mental health issues though.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by pasiphae

I actually googled her name wrong. It seems that she has had 5 different local addresses in the last 10 years and she attended college in the town over... But that's if it's the right person

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DoxieCircus

This does sound like a mentally unstable person. While people can get negative vibes from a posession due to the evil nature of the entity, keep in mind vibes can be felt from the brain because it emmits and recognizes "waves" very similiar to electromagnetic waves. Electromagnetic waves can be felt by both the heart and brain alike so it really is no surprise the other employees felt uncomfortable without knowing this woman or what she has said.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by DoxieCircus

I trust you reported this to the cops.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I do not know if anyone has posted this thought but when I first read the post, before hearing all the details, my first impression was that the chemicals in the salon had triggered a reaction from the woman. I know when I was young, going to wait for my Mother, I would get light headed and sick to my stomach upon entering a salon. Maybe something is reacting with something about her body chemistry. And on a second note, people please proof read your posts before replying as some of these read as though they are from a psycho. No offense meant.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Hi there

The "authorities " are not our friends. We should know by now to question them . Find or attract a shaman , witch doctor, or clairvoyant. The woman's spiritual/ psychological problems will not be soothed by any system. Find a shaman . Ask a local rock and crystal shop if they can recommend a spiritual guidance practicioner. Go to a local Native American gathering. With them the answers lay. Best of luck .

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Maybe it's a new kind of bad '___'? You said she was acting like she was at a party...maybe she ran into some cult thing, took some bad '___', and she's stuck in permanent trip mode. So now she's partying forever...with imaginary cult members.

Talk about a living hell.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taura1320
Hi there

The "authorities " are not our friends. We should know by now to question them . Find or attract a shaman , witch doctor, or clairvoyant. The woman's spiritual/ psychological problems will not be soothed by any system. Find a shaman . Ask a local rock and crystal shop if they can recommend a spiritual guidance practicioner. Go to a local Native American gathering. With them the answers lay. Best of luck .

You know what, in the 10+ years I've worked with people with severe and enduring mental health problems not ONE of them has ever improved by talking to a clairvoyant or buying a rock.... Interesting take though, I'll be sure to mention it to folks tomorrow at work.. Might even pick up a few rocks on my way.....

And to the post above yours, you do know that saying "no offence" after saying something offensive doesn't actually stop it being offensive don't you? you twit.... No offence...

(seriously, no offence, that last part was a joke
)

Edit:

be she ran into some cult thing, took some bad '___', and she's stuck in permanent trip mode. So now she's partying forever...with imaginary cult members.

This isn't as far out a suggestion as you might think.... I've worked with several people who are permanently ill due to '___'.... One guy I worked with recently still (after about 18 years) experiences hallucinations (visual, auditory and tactile) and massive paranoia as a result of taking '___'....
edit on 30-7-2012 by Milkflavour because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-7-2012 by Milkflavour because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Contacting the police might actually reveal a lot about her, and protect your staff as well. I don't know why people even still question calling the police when someone (much less a seemingly schizophrenic person) outright mentions the possibility of homicide. Regular ol' beat cops may not be good for much, but chances are that they will take a death threat seriously.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
...this thread has certainly grown...great stuff, good to see such conversations happening...

There's been a few points I'd like to chip in on, and wrap into this one reply rather than multiple separate responses:

How prevalent is potential demonic possession, claims of such etc, within the MH System?
Just from my own working experience;
Its common...but not hugely so. Particularly in reference to the query of how many people presenting to MH Systems are claiming to 'work for Satan'. I've had a few...very few actually over the last 18 years...who claim to be in league with Satan.
Far more claim to be in league with God.
Far more claim to be under attack from Satan and darker forces...but generally VERY few - I'm thinking maybe only half a dozen, if that, out of the thousands and thousands of people I've worked with with acute inpatient wards, community services and the like make the claim to actually be working with Satan.
Its far more commonly a case of being 'persecuted' by something...rather than being one of the 'persecutors'...

Psychotic Experience or Spiritual Experience?
This is a biggie.
Sure - my own training and qualifications when it comes to mental health is principally from a clinical perspective. Its pretty cut and dried from that angle, very much an A+B=C approach.
However, I am also someone who comes from a very spiritual culture (NZ Maori), and someone who views ALL experiences as having a spiritual basis anyway...as for me as a Maori I see us as *Spirit* first and foremost...we're just merely experiencing a physical embodiment for the time being...anyway...

I've worked with numerous people who were quite mad...no bones about it, they were barking mad...the big question for me wasn't the *madness* but rather the root cause of that madness. The question for me was "What DROVE them into madness"...I've seen, heard, experienced some REAL freaky things in this line of work...things that I'd stake my life on being FAR more requiring the input of say a Priest than a Psychiatrist! Things that to me sat far more squarely in the realms of the paranormal rather than the psychiatric.
Thankfully I've worked within MH services that are a bit more open to that, to such suggestions and alternative approaches...particularly when working with people of my (Maori) culture.

In general mainstream MH services however its still very much a western medical model approach...so any such suggestions tend to go down like a cup of cold sick...but even thats changing, albeit slowly.

Multiple Personality Disorder
I can say, in the 18 years and countless thousands of people I've worked with that I've come across one. Just one person who would - and was deemed - to be experiencing MPD.
Media and TV programmes tend to blow things waaaaay out of perspective and proportions.
MPD is pretty damn rare. There are other types of disorders, dissociative disorders and various axis-II personality disorders which can present with various *symptoms and indications* of MPD...and perhaps thats where there is some additional misconception of the prevalence of them.
Or maybe they just aren't as common here in NZ...after all, many countries have their own *favourite flavours* when it comes to who gets diagnosed with what. At the end of the day its all a case of interpretating the presenting/perceived symptomology defined within whatever diagnostic reference is being applied...be it the DSM-IV or the ICD-10 currently in most places. Psychiatry and diagnosis isn't a science...it isn't...if it was there'd be a whole lot more uniformity in what happens. Psychiatry is an artform...as such its open to a HUGE amount of interpretation...so misdiagnosis certainly does happen...heck, I'd personally argue it happens quite regularly...

Commonality of Death Threats
Firstly let me say that again theres quite a skewed perception around how dangerous people are who may be experiencing a mental illness. Yes sure, there have been some really big front-page tragedies that have happened involving people who were mentally ill...but for the most part the actual *threat* levels presented are pretty here nor there when taking it all into picture.

It isn't hugely uncommon though, for someone who may be experiencing a psychotic episode, to make threats.
The question is WHY those threats are being made.
Again...just from my own working experience...by far the greater majority of any threats to others are bourne out of fear towards others...fear that person may be feeling of possibly being harmed by others. So the threats tend to be far more a case of 'perceived self-defence' or a bit like a rattle-snake rattling its tail telling people to back off. The person themselves may have no intention at all to cause harm to anyone...but out of fear for their own safety can say all manner of things as a self-defence mechanism...so a little bit of understanding can go a long way. At the end of the day its often not so much about what is being said and far more about why its being said...connecting with the emotion underlaying it all is often where focus needs to be...rather than focussing on the CONTENT, focus on the INTENT.

In many ways the perception of Psychosis = Threat is likely driven by ignorance around what psychosis actually is...and certainly fueled again by media/cinematic portrayals of psychotic disorders...after all, it sells newspapers, it sells movie tickets, so who cares how accurate it is right?
Psychosis/Psychotic does not by default mean dangerous. Not at all. Psychosis doesn't mean aggressive or attacking behaviours. Not at all.
Psychosis is quite simply, in a nutshell, a 'separation from reality'. (won't get into any debates and so forth around "what IS reality?" as ultimately, hate to say it, 'reality' in this sense is whats decided and defined as such by the person with the assessment form in their hands)
Psychosis is about altered perceptions, beliefs, inputs/stimulus...it does not mean 'gonna cut your head off and put it in a fridge'.

...but....bottomline...be it possession, be it psychosis, be it someone just extracting the pickle...this person probably needs some help...do what you can to get it for them...

edit on 30-7-2012 by alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
no wonder you're disturbed. I am too from just reading it. So either she's possessed by a demon or she's a violent schizophrenic. hmmm which would you rather? well take you're pick cos either way she she "loves homicide" so there's an alarm bell right there. you should call the police and ask for advice. hey she may be doing it for a bet, lets hope so, but let the police find out. good luck and God be with you, if you know what I mean

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Simple answer....
Go to a catholic church, get some holy water in a bottle.
When she comes in next time, wash her hair and splash some of the holy water on her and see what happens.

If she sizzles and smokes and starts cursing, call a priest.
If she doesn't do anything, call the folks with the butterfly nets.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by aaaiii

I don't think the cops should be called on this woman unless she really does outright threaten but honestly I do believe they should be careful and not schedule her again unless they talk to the person who drops her off first. Maybe if they talk to her family member (whomever drops her off) and find out she is perfectly harmless it might be better. Maybe she is able to "hold it together" enough for the people who help her get places to think she is doing alright and they DO need to be alerted to her behavior... Who knows... she may be just as scared of herself as you are of her.

I don't think people with Mental Illness should be denied any kind of service unless they do not try to get their condition under control... Maybe there is a better time of day for this woman to come in and get her hair done (like first thing in the morning or last one in the evening)?

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I just love how mental illness is the last bastion for Ignorance and prejudice left in America.

Great job ATSers...

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoxieCircus
reply to post by balon0

We don't open up until Tuesday, I'm not the manager so I don't have access to the video until she and the owner let me have it. And believe what you want. I just came to get answers about what happened and if I should call authorities.

I've found that people who use the phrase " And believe what you want" know that either they're either making the story up or they're embellishing details.Especially on here,that seems to be the go to phrase.

That being said as for your op,if what you say is indeed true,yes,contact the authorities. Normal people do not do the things you claim this woman was doing.And they certainly don't sing about killing people in public.Sure,it is possible that she did it to get a rise out of the people that work there,but I gotta say I don't believe that's the case if you're telling the truth about what happened. It's better to be safe then sorry.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
If she were possesed she wouldn't be pretending to be a mailman. I think multiple personality or schizophrenic. Though most schizophrenics arn't violent, some are. In any case, I would report her to the police and ask their advice. She is definitley unstable and could be a danger to herself and others.
edit on 29-7-2012 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

I definately agree with Night Star. Call the cops. That's creepy as hell....

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

She didn't threaten us directly. It's like she was in a daze when she sang it which is why we don't know if we should call the cops. Like I said, shes a super sweet girl... Very polite and I don't want her to be seen as a complete psycho killer by everyone if there is just something mentally wrong with her. I honestly don't think she knows that's she says these things.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoxieCircus
reply to post by nightstalker78

She didn't threaten us directly. It's like she was in a daze when she sang it which is why we don't know if we should call the cops. Like I said, shes a super sweet girl... Very polite and I don't want her to be seen as a complete psycho killer by everyone if there is just something mentally wrong with her. I honestly don't think she knows that's she says these things.

Well,really,you would know better then we would since you've dealt with her.

My best advice is to go with your gut feeling.

Also,ignore the clowns asking for the video tape. There isn't a snowballs chance in hell I'd be able to walk out of my work with it so I doubt you could.Just saying.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78
My best advice is to go with your gut feeling.

Boom.

Right there.

I'd say dollars to donuts thats about as best an approach to take as any.

Yeah yeah, quals and certs and so forth all hanging on my office wall...years and years experience under my belt...thousands and thousands of extremely unwell people worked with over my career...

...yet I'd still go with my gut any day of the week...

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join