It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How much has your life really been affected in America?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
With all the conspiracy theories on here (some valid, some ridiculous) all the political arguments, new laws people disagree with, how badly have you really been affected?

I was thinking today and realized that it's kind of selfish and ridiculous how much some of us complain and rant.

Maybe your taxes have been raised, maybe you get paid less now, gas is expensive, we have a president many people hate and say is ruining our lives, but really, if everyone here would look at the world for a second, we still almost all have lives better than probably 90% of people in the world.

I'm not defending the things our government does at all, but it seems like a lot of people are so busy constantly worrying about what we don't have, or might not have in the future, that they don't even bother to stop and appreciate what we have at the present moment.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Bodhi7

And that's the problem. Get a few peanuts and all is good.

Never mind that someone is in control of your peanut supply and you might wake up tomorrow without your peanut rations.

I'd rather farm my own peanuts.

Peace

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

You could also live in a place where you never had anything to begin with. It's never wrong to appreciate what you have.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I agree with previous poster. Everything is being done so secretly and smoothly that we do not notice much. I rather be ready.

Winter is coming. (Cliche i know!)

Note to OP: it is because i appreciate so much what i have that i wish to protect it.

S&F nonetheless

Cannot give stars yet

edit on 28-7-2012 by CompisMentis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by CompisMentis

I'm not saying we shouldn't fight to keep our rights, i'm just saying some people are so worried, that they don't even take time to ever appreciate what they do have in the first place. It's good to fight for your rights, but nobody should stress themselves to the point of just being miserable, which some people on here seem to do.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bodhi7
reply to post by CompisMentis

I'm not saying we shouldn't fight to keep our rights, i'm just saying some people are so worried, that they don't even take time to ever appreciate what they do have in the first place. It's good to fight for your rights, but nobody should stress themselves to the point of just being miserable, which some people on here seem to do.

Yes you are right, no one should become miserable in their pursuit of truth. But the truth can be deceiving. Personally, i rather be deceived than kept in the dark.

Thank you for your reply.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
But you have to defend what you have. Yes we still have one of the best standards of living in the world, but that has to be defended. We are loosing our freedoms on a daily bases, and just because we still have it better than a lot of people does not mean we can afford to let that guard down. I dont want to live better than every one else. I want to live to the standards that this country was founded on. When you are willing to give a little you will lose a lot.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Just had to give you your first star...

Welcome

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
Just had to give you your first star...

Welcome

thank you ! i just gave you your 18 670th star!

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Bodhi7

Hi there,

I was personally affected when my entire team was laid off from the company I used to work for. I spent the next two years consulting, and saw some crazy stuff go down. Now, I have a (hopefully secure) full time job again.

Are things good for me right now? Yes.

Do I wish I hadn't experienced the craziness in between then and now? Oh my, yes!

Peace...
Gwynn

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Bodhi7

I haven't personally been effected negatively by any of them. That doesn't mean I agree with all of them, but I just haven't. I have benefited positively from some of the more recent ones. But nothing negative.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Bodhi7

multi replies on a page and zero stars and zero flags,
sounds to me you are a government employee or live in a slave labor state like Texas or Arkansas

or you have a bunch of credit cards, yeah, whats really in your wallet?

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

...paranoid much? I make 9 dollars an hour buddy.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bodhi7
reply to post by rebellender

...paranoid much? I make 9 dollars an hour buddy.

wow, how many hours?
where at
for how long
what did you earn 3 years ago
how long till you make 8
do you get health care?
your $9 X 169 = $1440 sound about right
claiming 5 on the w-4 to buy gas
you owe $750 a year in taxes
oh yeah almost forgot..........where will the $300 a month in health care insurance come from on your already borrowing from peter to pay paul budget ?

Yeah, howz the Hope and Change working for you now?
Its cool I have a $3600 pell grant going so I can get a $9hr job but not complaining though, if I get another $26k in education I will vey for a $16hr job

you keep slugging away at 'er

what do you think? another 186,000 unemployment cases opened up this week, here is a stat you dont know. 59,000 new Immigrants come to america every week, thats every week on top of sustained SUSTAINED 186,000 new Unemployment for 4 years now. That comes out to 154 million people and change.
who do you think you are fooling with you "Plenty of Jobs claim"?
edit on 30-7-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Why would I appreciate someone or something who only wants to take away everything I have?

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Bodhi7

Star for you. I absolutely agree. Good things happen, bad things happen. Everyone has their passion; something that gets under their skin that they want to change. The trick is to own your passion, and not let it own you. Whether you are optimistically inspired or bitterly resentful, the same problems exist in the world.

That said, I have personally found that being grateful can be a powerful tool.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
We are all presidents in our own right.

top topics

join