It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The position of the sun has changed. I can see it.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
reply to post by crazyguy2012

If I had measured it using a compass on July 28 of last year and compared it to this year I am sure it would be much more north right now. But since I never predicted this would happen I cannot prove it. But it doesn't seem to be right.

Do it now, for next year! Unless the 2012 at the end of your name signifies that you believe in the end times?

Oh the sun hasn't changed in recent times then? Tell that to the people in Greenland who had the sun rise 2 days early last year for the first time in recorded history. I don't think so

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by uxsxhijinx

Funny thing about that. 2 days early in Greenland. A few days late in Iceland.
grapevine.is...

I don't suppose it would have anything to do with atmospheric refraction.

Near the northern and southern extremes where the Sun is skimming the horizon, the change in refraction can cause the Sun to appear further north or south than expected and cause an expected sunrise to either occur several minutes later than expected, or not occur at all because the Sun never set!

aa.usno.navy.mil...

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Now this is too funny. My mother called me to fix her TV just about an hour and a half ago. She said she didn't know what was wrong but she couldn't get channel 12 on her TV. I checked and she was right. I rescanned her TV for her thinking it would be just a simple matter of resetting her converter box. Well, no. The box just dump like 3 or 4 channels and would not allow me to put them in manually. I told her if they didn't come back on their own, that I would play around with the converter box for her, since she seems content with what is on TV now, and she was channel surfing during commercials.

So maybe the satellites have shifted. I know that this is just a big coincidence, but I have to admit that my mind did go there after reading your post, if only for a second.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Saw that too.Driving west on Southern. It was directly to my left. It looked like the could was being brightly illuminated from beneath. The rest of the sky was dark. Just that bright white, slightly yellow coloration along the top edge of the cloud. Due west the horizon was a dull reddish, orange, with the rest of the sky a dark blue almost purplish flat wall. I thought, "Okay." "So much for the sunset tonight." This was around 7:45 pm. I think that cloud was being illuminated by the moon. It is big and bright tonight. Not quite full but getting close.

I think the refraction theory is the mostly likely explanation. It really is the only one that seems to explain the perceived anomaly based on my personal observations. I am not expert, but I know what I saw. Even if I don't know why.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by NightSkyeB4Dawn

It seems like it was some kind of refraction. I am sure it is similar to how rainbows are formed. When I saw it all I could think was that I wish I had a good camera on me to take a photo.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I have been researching Chandler's Wobble. I found some stuff about the Wobble supposedly stopping in 2006 but the source didn't seem to reliable. Supposedly they claim that if the wobble does stop it would be a precursor to an ice age. I tried to find the navy sites they allegedly relied upon but couldn't find them.

www.michaelmandeville.com...

It looks like there were a lot of articles simply restating this stuff

www.whytheworld.com...

It seems like the Chandler Wobble is real. It seems like NASA does track it yearly. But as for it stopping... or getting worse. Or going through some other variations for some other reason. I am undecided as of now. Hopefully it won't be cloudy tomorrow night.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I was just having a very interesting conversation with my wife. Who by the way claims it is she who noticed something wrong with the position of the sun the other day. I still believe i saw it first.

Anyway maybe I will start a new thread about it. But we both came to the same conclusion. She said it out loud first but I was thinking about it. If the climate does change suddenly in a dramatic way how would people react? We both believe that many wars would begin. Those countries or regions that are most affected or changed would probably determine that war may be the only way to survive.

It might not be just other countries. But what if for example Texas had everything necessary but Louisiana and alabama were suffering a major drought. Wouldn't those living there want to move to Texas. How would those in Texas react. What if it were bigger. Georgia, Tennessee, Kentucky, too and everyone tried to go to Texas. Would those already in Texas like this? Would they try to close their borders? Something could happen to make several states uninhabitable.... Right now we move freely from state to state. We kind of take it for granted. Could our nation survive something like this?
edit on 30-7-2012 by crazyguy2012 because: too tired to spell correctly and use proper grammer.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I started a new thread for anyone who is interested. It is just a side thought.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Don't worry about things you have no control over. Stock up some food, water, and TOILET PAPER in case something happens. I try to keep a month supply of food for my family in stock at all times. I think there will be some help in case of an emergency but it may take a month or more to get implemented.

Like I say, I feel that this an atmospheric illusion and I don't know what is actually causing it. It may not be anything serious or even worth noticing. Lots of people have been noticing the change though but change is not always bad. It could have been evident on other solar cycles also but we just weren't paying attention to it. It could also have something to do with the northern lights being more predominant this cycle too. Just because it's daytime and we can't see the northern lights doesn't mean the energy isn't there interacting with the atmosphere. There are lots of reasons for what we are perceiving but most of the reasons won't cause us any harm unless we let them bother us. I just like to investigate these things and think it's interesting to try to find the cause. If I can't I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

Just enjoy your time left here on the planet no matter how long it is. It doesn't have to cost much money to enjoy yourself and it doesn't have to have a negative impact on the environment. Taking a walk in the woods, fishing, picnicing at the beach, sitting around a small campfire roasting hotdogs, etc... These are all relaxing things. I suppose running into a skunk would make your walk in the woods a little memorable or having a clam clamp on your toe at the beach would suck but these things rarely happen except to me.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

I read in another article that the Japan quake increased the wobble so maybe the stopping was just for a little while. A few years ago there were a lot of articles on the stopping of the wobble. Now, as you say, they are just carbon copies of each other. I'm glad it restarted, I don't want an ice age.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Yup. Those are truly the good things in life. I remember once when I flicked a crawfish with my finger and it summersaulted through the air and them clamped onto my friend shane's eyebrows. So you are not alone my friend. Then there was the time I caught a bass with my bare hands and a moccasin had the same idea and caught the same fish at the same time. Ouch!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

I was sitting on a dock with a girl at the beach when I was sixteen and we were dangling our feet in the water. A little pike, about fifteen inches, was going after her toes. It wasn't interested in mine at all, it drove her crazy for a while. I think it was after the red nail polish on her toes. Those kind of memories is what life is all about. My memories are who I am. If they disappear than I will no longer be me.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I remember the perch and sunfish (they call them bream in the south) nibbling the hair on my legs in the summer. I remember trying a really stupid move on a rope swing and crashing into a tree nearly breaking my ribs... we are truly a product of our memories.... I have so many good ones. So many weird ones.. A few bad ones. But yes our memories make us who we are...

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Wouldn't it be easier if woman just stood in a pool full of these bream instead of shaving their legs?

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Fortunately the sky was pretty clear yesterday. I was in north miami at sunset which is a few miles south of my usual position. The position of the sun seemed normal as it set. So either it was a one time occurance, there is sometype of large wobble, or there could have been something in the sky causing an unusual amount of refraction making the sun appear to be off. Still it seemed to be real so I will keep checking and updating.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by crazyguy2012
reply to post by DelMarvel

Also you mention satellite TV. Have you ever had it? I was always needing to adjust my satellite. Or just having to sit and wait for it to come back on. Sometimes it was the rain, wind, etc. But sometimes it would just appear to be off on clear calm sunny days...

I've had satellite TV for years. I've never had to readjust the dish.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
If our wobble started to increase the astronomers would know and we would have months before a flip. It could not be kept a secret.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infi8nity
The sun does not move the earth moves. Its the reason we have seasons. If it did not change position then we would be stuck in one season depending where you are on earth.

I DISAGREE WITH THAT - The EARTH does not rotate - why?

Earth-is-stationary Proofs

"Are there any Earth-is-stationary proofs?", you might be asking.

Yes! -There are quite a few undeniable proofs that the Earth is stationary - that it does not rotate about its axis daily.

Why is that important?

“The most important element in heliocentric model is the Earth’s rotation about its polar axis”, says Dr. Shaban in his book, The Verses of Deus (page 77). The reason for that is obvious: If the Earth does not rotate 360 degrees in 24 hours, but if it does revolve around the sun, then one side would always be in daylight, while the other half would experience continual night. It would be similar to what we see of the moon, as it revolves around Earth.

Read more at : www.genesis-creation-proof.com...

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by saintinwaiting

How does that quote show the Earth does not rotate? Are you trying to say the sun is orbiting the Earth every 24 hours?

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
If the earth, sun, and stars are all where they should be, then the continents must be drifting. Actually, if continental drift was constant, all the ancient celestial land marks SHOULD be wrong.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join