It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The position of the sun has changed. I can see it.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Argen

I believe continental drift is a very very very slow process and it would take tens of thousands of years to notice anything.

Aside from that it looks like it might be another cloudy evening here so I guess I will have to wait until tomorrow to continue my observations.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I don;t know, the magneric north pole has been drifting about fourty miles a year towards Siberia for a while. That's a hundred sixty miles in four years. The snows going to leave here in a few years, Horray. This effects weather patterns and may effect how the sunrises and sunsets are seen. People way farther north are saying their summer sunrise and sunset is changing. Many of these older natives have been paying attention to the sun all their lives, it's position is critical to their lives. That doesn't sound like refraction up there to me, my idea may be flawed.
edit on 1-8-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by crazyguy2012
reply to post by cheesyleps

That seems quite logical. If there was a deviation I am sure many others would likely have noticed it. There have been a few people who seem to have noticed something as well. I also found a few and was shown other evidence that something is up although I do not know how reliable those sources are....

You would have to think if something was up wouldn't navigators of ships and planes be telling us all that something is going on?

But I still am gonna keep checking for myself. I am the only one I know who I can trust... Unless I make a mistake... LOL.

Please do. There is nothing wrong with scepticism and wanting to be sure.

The problem you will have is taking an accurate bearing with a hand-held compass. We use a device called a pelorus for taking accurate bearings.

You will also need to learn how to convert magnetic bearings into true bearings.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Why do you think the location of the magnetic north pole has any effect on the location of sunrises or sunsets? Why do you think it has any effect on weather?

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

The currents circulating around the magnetic poles create weather that swirls down and interacts with the winds effecting the earths climate in the hemisphere it is in. Moving the poles even fourty miles over the year average drags the currents farther away and effects the intermingling of the cold and warm currents. This in my theory should make the climate near lower canada and the upper USA a little milder both in summer and winter. It also allows storms to move farther into the country from the ocean since it reduces the back pressure down south. Now with the temperature,pressure zone farther into the country the tornadoes and thunderstorms could increase in certain areas causing flooding in areas. My theory does not address drought though, I haven't got enough knowledge about what could cause the drought and heat pattern we are experiencing.

This is just a semi-logical guess but I have acquired input from other's ideas on this matter on places on the net. I have been having a hard time finding the location of the north magnetic pole in the last year to see if it's movement has increased much. You used to be able to find it's exact position by the month on the net before but there seems to be little new information after the beginning of 2011. That's odd, I have been watching it for years along with solar activity and earthquake activity. Probably since 2006 or 2007 at least. The magnetic north pole jumps around daily but overall has been following a smoothed pattern towards Siberia.

If the pole is moving, so are the magnetic currents and it could have an effect on the refraction effect of the atmosphere. It's hard to find evidence if nobody is studying these things. Maybe my post will get someone thinking of a possible study. I do not believe this is a magnetic reversal starting, it's gust a change caused by the mines digging out metalic materials out of the earth and it's effect changes the magnetic field overall. Change the position of the magnets or windings in an electric motor and it changes it's properties. Add or subtract the magnets and it strengthens or weakens the motor. The earth is no different, if you change the pattern of the energy feeding the core it will change the field. I can't say that one mine will make it stronger or weaker or better or worse but I can say it changes things. In the mining industry it has been found that mining magnetite influences the magnetic field of the earth. Same with diamond pipes. Jasper outcrops and river beds are also protected because of this reason. Living in a mining community and knowing mining Engineers teaches you things through little conversations. If someone is neglecting this old knowledge learned from experience than we get problems. These things also effect more than just local weather, we are out in the boondocks and nobody would give a Damn about us so it effected an area with a lot of influential people in it.

I think we may be seeing some influential people saying global warming is creating all these storms when it may be the extensive mining of metallic crystalline rock that is causing a big part of it. The heating and drought I can see being a part of global warming but the storms I feel are part of the magnetic field changes. Our actions of mining may be strengthening part of it while other areas are weakening. Changes in the magnetic field could cause changes in the gravitational alignment and would require a repositioning of the crust to renormalize. Every reaction causes an equal and opposite reaction. To retain it's spherical shape the earth would need to adjust. Even that doesn't require intelligence to do, it's not something the earth needs to be thinking about, that is sort of a physics thing.

I believe the earth is a living being compromised of all living things on it. When one part gets destroyed all the animals and bugs move or die or change/evolve. The actions of people are supposed to be part of it but many consider Humans above this earth and not part of it. We are supposed to be part of nature not the destroyer.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

The currents circulating around the magnetic poles create weather that swirls down and interacts with the winds effecting the earths climate in the hemisphere it is in.
Are you talking about polar electrojets? No, they do not create weather. They are electrical currents in the ionosphere. They are far, far higher than any weather.

If the pole is moving, so are the magnetic currents and it could have an effect on the refraction effect of the atmosphere.
No. See above.

I do not believe this is a magnetic reversal starting, it's gust a change caused by the mines digging out metalic materials out of the earth and it's effect changes the magnetic field overall.
The Earth's magnetic field is produced in its outer core, far, far deeper than any mines.

Changes in the magnetic field could cause changes in the gravitational alignment and would require a repositioning of the crust to renormalize.
Why?

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by B2X2L
I have noticed it too. I live in Denver CO. The mountains are west. Most of our streets run N.-S and E-W when driving home west, toward the mountains after work I am usually blinded by the sun this time of year, not this year, it is definitely setting more north. My friend who wakes up before sunrise noticed the sun rising more north than usual. Being a professional gardener, I am very aware of where the sun usually is during any given time of the year. This year has been the strangest year not only because of this but also because of plants doing things they have never done before, blooming months early going dormant early, I have also seen weeds that I have pulled for years, start to throw their seeds like they have never done before. Early this spring when the Lilacs bloomed way too early, and more profusely than ever, and many other plants blooming like crazy and early I had mentioned to a few, that it seemed like they were using up all of their energy to reproduce (plants do this when under stress and are about to die) this whole year is off and I am not a 2012 doomsday type person, but... something is going on that is for sure.

I too live in Denver, and I too have observed and commented on all of these phenomenons, I second your testamony.

Sun is too far North, plants bloomed way too early and then dormant early, Lilacs bloomed way early for me, plants that should flurish are dying no matter what we do.

The Tropic of Cancer represents the summer solstice line of the 90 degree sun angle (Sun is strait above that line) which is the further North the 90 degree sun angle can go based on the Earth's tilt on it's axis, meaning every human being North of that line should see the sun to the South of them all year round, if the Sun is ever seen as North of Denver, from a Denverite PoV, something must be wrong, for it should alway exist in the Southern half of the sky North of the Tropic of Cancer, regardless of season.

God Bless,
edit on 3-8-2012 by ElohimJD because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ElohimJD

meaning every human being North of that line should see the sun to the South of them all year round, if the Sun is ever seen as North of Denver,

No. It means that no one north of the Tropic of Cancer will see the Sun directly overhead. It has little to do with where the Sun rises or sets except that on the solstice the Sun sets at its northern most location.

The location of sunrise and sunset depend upon the ecliptic (the path of the Sun through the sky). The Tropic of Cancer depends upon the celestial equator. They are not the same thing.

The Sun in Denver is now rising in the east-northeast and setting in the west-northwest.
www.timeanddate.com...

edit on 8/3/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Take a look at the satellite images of the north magnetic pole. Those sure appear to be clouds that are almost always swirling around it and moving away in a shell like fashion. I thought clouds were weather.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Take a look at the satellite images of the north magnetic pole.

Feel free to provide some examples demonstrating that it occurs "almost always".
edit on 8/3/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by ElohimJD

meaning every human being North of that line should see the sun to the South of them all year round, if the Sun is ever seen as North of Denver,

No. It means that no one north of the Tropic of Cancer will see the Sun directly overhead. It has little to do with where the Sun rises or sets.

The location of sunrise and sunset depend upon the ecliptic (the path of the Sun through the sky). The Tropic of Cancer depends upon the celestial equator. They are not the same thing.

The Sun in Denver is now rising in the east-northeast and setting in the west-northwest.
www.timeanddate.com...

Thanks for the clarification Phage, I meant to say at noon (or the solar noon). The sun should never be North at that moment of the day, not sunrise or sunset.

You are 100% correct on the counter-point and I failed to write what I meant to say effectively.

God Bless,

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
It seems like every evening it gets cloud to the west and north. I was driving home due west at about 5:45 pm and the sun was about in the right position. Maybe 275 to 280 degrees. But after a few minutes it was behind the clouds. Maybe its a conspiracy... Ehhh.. Probably just the weather.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyguy2012

Hi their. I live in Scotland which as u should know is quite nothern.

Over the course of about 4-5 years I have also noticed a change in the suns position at sunrise and sunset.
Usually in the summer time the sun would rise in the morning over the hills that i can see from my back garden. I have a tree at the bottom of the garden which blocks out a little of the hills. More to the point, the sun used to rise to the left of the tree, but over the course of said years it has been slowly moving to the position where its rising behind the trees. I have pointed this out to the Mrs but she just seems to think I am crazy .

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Another cloudy evening. The sun is nowhere to be found...

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I finally found a decent compass. But yet another cloudy evening. I am definitely thinking a conspiracy now. But I do see other things. Record heat in the middle states. Record droughts. Fish die offs. Ice caps on greenland melting. Something seems to be going on. Is it a natural part of the warming and cooling cycle? Is it global warming due to man? I guess we will find out...

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Start your calculations tomorrow. Today she set dead on, right in the middle of the road, West today.

If she is going to start her drift, tomorrow will be a good starting point to track her drift measurements.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightSkyeB4Dawn

Start your calculations tomorrow. Today she set dead on, right in the middle of the road, West today.

If she is going to start her drift, tomorrow will be a good starting point to track her drift measurements.

Sounds good. Just about every evening here has been cloudy. Including today.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Another cloudy evening... I am definitely starting to thing its a conspiracy...

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
The Poles are looking at the Sun. I need to sleep more than usual means The middle of America maybe turning into Antarctica.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Ok It is still a little cloudy but the sun appears to be in the right position. Also I saw another video posted on ATS showing two suns and learned of an interesting phenomenon called a sundog. Google it. It is basically an optical illusion wherein it appears that there are two suns. I am not 100% positive but I was probably observing a false sun that was north to the real sun which was not in view. I will keep observing the sky for anything unusual.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join