It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seamonster in Norway caught on video

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Don't know why people think it's waves, you can actually see something in the water not just waves.

Also did people miss what they showed later in the video, that big splash? who took that video?
edit on 28-7-2012 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Themaninwhite

Is that fresh water? So difficult to tell if that's one or some. Good video though!

S&F

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by GuidedKill
Great video of a boat wake moving across a glass lake.....Nothing to see here for real....

Yeah definitely. Considering they're speaking in tongues or whatever they probably would get easily confused.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Great video, but a little shaky from the excitement. It looks like a head bobbing up in front, with a body behind breaking the surface. Look closely there are two spots or eyes on the head.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
There's definitely something under the water, you can clearly see parts of it protruding out of the water. I am 100% confident that waves/ripples can be ruled out, that's not what it is. My only explanation would be maybe it was something small like a electric eel but the zoomage of the camera makes it appear huge.
edit on 28/7/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap
The kind that are capable of surviving there - possibly bred in captivity and released by someone either on accident or on purpose.

And that's merely an easy excuse.

"It sure feels like a snake to me." Said one of the blind mice holding the trunk of the elephant.

I don't know what it is, because I wasn't on the boat (to jump in and slay it, of course).

Just watching the video several times, it reminds me of all those times I have seen large snakes in rivers/lakes. Looks like a wake in the water, which it is, that a snake is creating.

Hey,nice hypothesis,but this is Norway.
Way to cold for snakes.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
From someone who studies snakes...I can tell you 100% that this is a rather large water snake, even a type of anaconda(Yes I know they are found mainly in South America).or a Vipera Berus, but it's far to large to be a viper. So I am thinking the snake found its way there or t was placed for this video.

In this video the "object" (snake) does however move exactly like any snake that swims in water.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Baltic TravellingNorway has three species of snakes. albeit they are smaller species, but the viper is one of them. The common grass or water snake, and the smooth snake.
edit on 28-7-2012 by misfitofscience because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Bumps in the water. Yes, that means that it is a sea monster.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Watching the video, boat wake is easily ruled out. At the very beginning, before the shooter zooms in, there is no boat to be seen and barely (if any) disturbance of the water surface. After that, I don't have much to add. Something started the water moving either above or below the surface. Since it appears to be a small area, I would think this rules out wind or any other atmospheric occurrence. As was stated previously, there is a definite background reaction. Interesting for sure, but not definitive.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Although cryptid study hasn't revealed any significant "monsters" there is A LOT of anecdotal evidence to suggest that giant cryptids do exist.

For instance, for those that watch Destination Truth on SyFy - Josh Gates has found 2 footprints of "bigfoot" / "yeti" that are clearly from a giant bipedal mammal. Although that is television, he stands by his claims, which is good enough for me.

Also, I remember reading about a HUGE squid and octopus being found some time ago (maybe a year or two ago...possibly longer).

So although we don't have a lot of conclusive proof yet, it's not beyond the realm of possibilities. Good footage.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Tricky stuff...

If this happened in ”Seljordsvannet” in Norway, then why Danish news paper publishing it?
I can’t find any form of reports on this in both local and national papers here.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I've lived on the water most of my life, and been on and around boats my whole life since I could crawl,
and this is not (in my opinion) a simple wake/wave.
There is something actually creating the wave as we are seeing it. (not a boat)
Big ass snake- some kind of man made object/trash-sea monster- who the hell knows..
But Ive watched it 4 times now and Im pretty damn sure there is something there.
Cool!

I have to wonder if you guys calling "wave" have actually ever been on the water? lol @@
edit on 28-7-2012 by Ahmose because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
doh , double post.
edit on 28-7-2012 by Ahmose because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
It is not a boat wake. IMHO this is the real deal.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I think it's some sea mammals or big fish of some kind swimming in a row. Possibly dolphins or small whales of some sort. The dorsal fins look longer than an orca has. There could be some sea creatures out there that we haven't identified yet that could look like this. I can't truly say what it is from this movie. Sounds like the people are exited though and I'm sure it was not a wake wave because it doesn't appear to be moving out at all. It would be nice if I could understand them.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

The closest wake I've seen to looking like that is a wake hitting Lillie pads and that is not that. I live in Upper Michigan and have spent a lot of time around the water, more time than most people have. I've seen fish swimming in a row like that and breaking the surface near the mouth of a river close to spawning time.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

When an alligator or a crocodile is at the surface, its head is there too.

No such animals in Norway.

A pod of whales

No whales as this is a lake with no connection to the sea. Largest fish in this lake is about 1 foot (30 cm)

I'll gladly go with large snake

We have no large snakes in Norway, about two foot is just about as long as they get.

what possible large snakers are in Norway?

This one, it's called hageslange and can be up to 60 meters:
tilhjemmet.no...

Is that fresh water?

Yup.

Possibly dolphins or small whales of some sort

Nope, it's an inland lake with no connection to the sea.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Ivar_Karlsen

Well, you seem to know what it's not. All you can say is that some people have said they have seen something big in that lake? Do they say this is similar to what they saw? I'm here in upper michigan where there are weird looking big fish that aren't on the list of fish they say are here, people have seen them but don't know what they are. They don't seem to bother us so I'm not worried. They aren't Sturgeon either from what those who have seen them scuba diving have said.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouseDo they say this is similar to what they saw?

Yes.
I first heard about "selma" the seljord sea monster as a kid, i'm 59 now.

It's not fish, whale, crock or gator, what it really is i dunno, all i know is whatever it is it's not any creature living naturally in Norway.

In the end it might be nothing at all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join