It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seamonster in Norway caught on video

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ahmose
I've lived on the water most of my life, and been on and around boats my whole life since I could crawl,
and this is not (in my opinion) a simple wake/wave.
There is something actually creating the wave as we are seeing it. (not a boat)
Big ass snake- some kind of man made object/trash-sea monster- who the hell knows..
But Ive watched it 4 times now and Im pretty damn sure there is something there.
Cool!

I have to wonder if you guys calling "wave" have actually ever been on the water? lol @@
edit on 28-7-2012 by Ahmose because: (no reason given)

You wondered if some of us have actually been on the water and know what a wake is? Well I was the first one to say a boat wake/wave of some sort and not that I have to, but I will justify my opinion.

I live in FL on the water and have all my life. I have owned and our operated over 100 different boats and currently own three. The largest boat I have run has been approaching 100 foot. The boats I own range from 25 foot to 12 foot. I have logged over 5000 hours on the water many of them considered "open water" I am a certified 6 pack licensed captain with the USCG. I have fished and won many different fishing tournaments ranging from inshore to offshore. I have caught almost every species that swims in North American waters. I have caught fish with weight ranging from ounces to hundred and even close to thousand pounds. I have fished lakes, rivers, oceans, lagoons, bays, bayous, and everglades. I have seen many waves and wakes and have even feel victim to them. (sunk boats).

I am by no means claiming to be an expert in waves and unknown sea creatures. I am however telling you that I have over 30 years experience on the water chasing the animals that live in it. That my friend is only a BOAT WAKE!!!! I wish it was something more but it isn't IMO.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Here is a little video of me doing what I do during the summer time. This was an add for a fishing company I worked for,

Fishing

Fishing

Fishing
edit on 30-7-2012 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by GuidedKill

What a dream job, working for a fishing company.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I don't even want to tell you what I do in the Winter then.....

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
That is NOT a SEA MONSTER. It is only a little girl with really strong prescription glasses on.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jesmer
That is NOT a SEA MONSTER. It is only a little girl with really strong prescription glasses on.

And a scream like a hyena!!!

This is a real sea monster!!!

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I'm going with a couple of sturgeon.

mmm..caviar

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TXRabbit
I'm going with a couple of sturgeon.

mmm..caviar

I bet that guy is loaded with caviar!!!!

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Isn't there a squoctuspos in norway?

Cool that swedes have tried catching it
edit on 30-7-2012 by Sorgmodig because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Themaninwhite

Boat wakes travel sideways from their source. This is moving in a straight line forward. Anyone can see that something other than a boat made this happen. What IT is, one can only speculate. Maybe 2 or more objects in line, maybe just one...... Syx.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by SyxDaliGee

Boat wakes travel sideways from their source. This is moving in a straight line forward. Anyone can see that something other than a boat made this happen. What IT is, one can only speculate. Maybe 2 or more objects in line, maybe just one...... Syx.

You obviously didn't watch the video. In any case, your post makes no sense. Boat wakes in fact 'move forward'. Yes, they might originate from a sideways, or near sideways, position, relative to the boat as a source, but in essence all boat wake moves forward when you take the boat out of the picture.

Now, you should actually watch the video. Stop it anywhere from the start to about 3 to 4 seconds. See all those corduroy lines stretching plain as day from the bottom of the screen towards the top? That's boat wake.

Now look where those corduroy lines, i.e. the boat wake, come to an end. They end exactly where the 'monster' is "moving forward", which is the same direction as the clear-as-day boat wake we have lined up and moving forward, from right to left.

These irregular wake/wave patterns are formed by either convergence of another smaller, harder to see boat wake which has moved in from another direction entirely and met up with the obvious wake at the start of the video, or is converging with some form of current/eddy, or is a result of the boat starting up from go to whoah so to speak from a floating position, making a turn at the start and creating an eddy, then straightening up and leaving those perfect corduroy lines.

How anyone could think this is anything other than boat wake is fascinating.

The video only got airplay solely because they are humoring the kids who took it, and having a bit of fun to perpetuate the 'legend' of a seamonster for tourism and/or as a filler on a slow newsday. They know it's boat wake. We know it's boat wake. No harm in letting kids think it's a seamonster, just as people let kids still today think santa is real, with occassional news stories of santa being spotted here and there.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by GuidedKill

Cavier sucks. I'd eat salt codfish any day before cavier. The live smelt I swallowed whole when I was eighteen tasted better even though it really thrashed around in my stomach for a while.

I've caught baby sturgeon a few times. They are kind of cute. I've hooked some big fish that I could not turn, I think they may have been sturgeon or possibly a submarine.
edit on 2-8-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

As stated by amkia the newssite is danish. It's from one of two main tv channels (and newsstations, both of wich is constrained by the danish public service requirements) in Denmark and whether this fact lends the story credibility is up to anyone. I will provide a Danish-English translation of the article if asked for.
Whether it's a really big sea snake or just a wake I'm neither educated nor experienced enough to say, so I'll just leave it at that.
As of this reply, I haven't seen anything of this story on their (Tv2) 24/7 newschannel (tv) today, but maybe it has been mentioned in recent days.
Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Chroast
edit on 5-8-2012 by Chroast because: Something

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
My grandpa told me he saw a sea monster. This was probably 50 years ago. He said it was about 30 feet long and moved somewhat like a snake and had a brown/green type color or something.

They were out fishing.

He said his friend joked that it was the beer they brought. But he swears it's true.
edit on 5-8-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by GuidedKill
Great video of a boat wake moving across a glass lake.....Nothing to see here for real....

It sometimes amazes me how prejudice or bias in a person's opinion can seem to literally affect their eyesight. (Please forgive me if you have actual eyesight problems-- if so perhaps you should consider refraining from forming strong opinions based on visual analysis of data)

If one were to attempt the claim this is nothing more than "boat wake" I would find it to be poor perception, poor opinion, or flat-out bias or prejudice influencing one's stated opinion. It is clear there is an object just at or under the surface of the water along the length of that "wake."

Could this be a branch, or a snake, or a log? I'm sure it could. I didn't see anything that would indicate to me, in any way, that this was even a living creature. However, to say that it was just a wave, and not an object, I think is poor perception at best, and dishonest and prejudiced opinion at worst.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
My only argument to it being legit is that yes, there is a wake... however something is under the water creating it... the reason I say this is due to the fact that the behind humps break the wake its predecessor.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by iwilliam

My perception is based on experience....What part of the world do you live in BTW? I can tell you I live in FL own several boats and am on the water 3-5 times a week. I'm not saying I'm an expert but I do know a little about boat wakes and waves. Have been creating them, riding them, and jumping them since I was a kid. IMO this is a boat wake....my opinion based on 35 years of open water experience....What are your experiences with water and wakes??

Oh and I forgot to mention I am a avid fisherman and hunter....Needless to say I have seen, killed or caught just about everything that swims in North American waters....I also know what animals swimming under the surface look like.....

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
www.inquisitr.com...

Check out the link. Photos show convincing proof.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
There is defintly something in the water dont know what it is but it looks like a sea serpent

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join