It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seamonster in Norway caught on video

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by bottleslingguy

What you are showing in these videos doesn't seem to be applicable to the conditions of the original video. It seems there is something else involved in that original video which is not a natural water/wave event.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
That is not boat wake. Do you folks that think that spend any time on the water?

I don't think it is being pulled towards the shore, either. It looks fairly large / long. It's very difficult to pull even smaller objects under water towards the shore. The amount of force required to pull that into the shore if it were buoys and a net would be tremendous. In the moment before they zoom in, you can see the approximate spot on the shore where this would have to be pulled in from, and I see nothing there. And I doubt without machinery, they would be able to anyway. It takes some effort to even haul one basket O crabs up, which I have done many times. A long net.. I can't even fathom how many humans it would take to pull that sucker out.

Not that it is a sea monster, either. Things underwater are easily mistaken for something else, I've seen it happen often. The biggest problem with any lake "monster" (i.e. ancient surviving critter of some type), is the amount of food it would require. And that there would have to probably be more than one. And thus.. would require even more food. The reason huge animals are not seen in lakes is just that - no ecosystem to support their size. If there was, a lot more large creatures would have evolved to live in lakes over past ages.

What it could be.. who can say. Just saying a huge lake creature it probably is not.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
reply to post by bottleslingguy

What you are showing in these videos doesn't seem to be applicable to the conditions of the original video. It seems there is something else involved in that original video which is not a natural water/wave event.

I said it was the same dynamic. it happens with big waves and it happens with small waves. how can you surmise so much more from a couple seconds of video?

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
This is simple, the yellow coat of arms in the video shows some sort of long snakelike creature. Why is it that that particular picture is on the wall? Maybe it is to make some think it is this creature? It does look like someone is pulling some sort of buoys through the water but they appear to be a different shape than the buoys out there.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
That is not boat wake. Do you folks that think that spend any time on the water?

I don't think it is being pulled towards the shore, either. It looks fairly large / long. It's very difficult to pull even smaller objects under water towards the shore. The amount of force required to pull that into the shore if it were buoys and a net would be tremendous. In the moment before they zoom in, you can see the approximate spot on the shore where this would have to be pulled in from, and I see nothing there. And I doubt without machinery, they would be able to anyway. It takes some effort to even haul one basket O crabs up, which I have done many times. A long net.. I can't even fathom how many humans it would take to pull that sucker out.

Not that it is a sea monster, either. Things underwater are easily mistaken for something else, I've seen it happen often. The biggest problem with any lake "monster" (i.e. ancient surviving critter of some type), is the amount of food it would require. And that there would have to probably be more than one. And thus.. would require even more food. The reason huge animals are not seen in lakes is just that - no ecosystem to support their size. If there was, a lot more large creatures would have evolved to live in lakes over past ages.

What it could be.. who can say. Just saying a huge lake creature it probably is not.

lol, I support this post!

and I don't think they do spend any time on the water.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Fail. Boat wake.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by chadderson
Fail. Boat wake.

Fail. Wake up. It looks nothing like the wake of a boat.
2nd line.
edit on 29-7-2012 by micpsi because: added second line

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
i don't see how that could possibly be a boat wake if you watch it from the VERY beginning where it's zoomed out. ONE boat wake? and no boat? i know they can last for a long time but that looks nothing like a boat wake to me.

maybe a school of large fish? i don't think it's a pod of orcas. that also seems silly when you look at it from the beginning..... they would have to be tiny orcas. overall the whole thing looks like it's maybe the length of a large whale but not long enough to be SEVERAL whales.

whatever it is it's weird. i don't believe in lake monsters and this has not changed my mind.... but it's not a boat wake.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by micpsi

Originally posted by chadderson
Fail. Boat wake.

Fail. Wake up. It looks nothing like the wake of a boat.
2nd line.
edit on 29-7-2012 by micpsi because: added second line

stop the video at the beginning and to the left you can see where water is coming from a tributary. there are different currents flowing past each other and intersecting. this causes standing waves and where they merge is what is making the "monster".

physics.info...

"Standing waves don't go anywhere, but they do have regions where the disturbance of the wave is quite small, almost zero. These locations are called nodes. There are also regions where the disturbance is quite intense, greater than anywhere else in the medium, called antinodes."
edit on 29-7-2012 by bottleslingguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by Themaninwhite
I think the video is real, and there is definately something strange in the water.

The video is real. The question is what did she capture on film?
Boat wake or something traveling along submerged?

The problem I have with these types of videos is that all too often the person recording them will zoom in [Which is good ] to try and get a close up of what it might be. The issue there is that the viewer losses perspective. We have nothing to really compare it to.

For example. We see a wake but is it just a boat wake? Is it really moving or just some disturbance in the water? Also, we lose scale. How large was it compared to something in the background? Say a tree or shore bolder etc etc.

I wish it was a creature but I'm going with either a boat wake or the result of wind.

edit on 28-7-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

first off, thanks for posting OP

Slayer, if you pause the video at the begining before the zoom you have your perspective

thats a very cool catch
could also be a wake which have been filmed in the past and mistakenly taken as proof of "Nessie"

only annoying thing about the video is why does it end abruptly?
realy annoys me, we get the same with UFO vids

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Really, sorry but if that was some sort of 'just been caught sea-monster' then why the hell weren't the fishermen showing the world that #? It looks like somebody further back just described it as - a boat wake, and nothing more man.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Just before the camera zooms in you can see there is a person standing over knee-deep in the water to the left in the exact direction the object is moving. It's likely a fisherman has snagged a long tree limb and is slowly reeling it in or he's pulling a line with buoys strung on it and baited fishhooks hanging down from them. It's a common fishing technique.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by doug r

My first thoughts exactly. The object moves at a constant speed, suggesting a winch is being used to reel in the net.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahmose

Originally posted by fleabit

lol, I support this post!

and I don't think they do spend any time on the water.

LOL..ok. Well if we are going to rule out reality and the clear-as-day evidence that it is boat wake, that leaves us with two conclusions.

1) It is a seamonster (and given that, the world is literally teeming with seamonsters, I must have seen 100s if not 1000s! Funnily enough I have never seen their heads or bodies; these monsters, globally, always just skim centimetres below the surface).

2) Underwater leprechauns that pull objects at just the right speed and incline as to never break the surface; these objects always manage to stay submersed centimetres beneath the surface. To be honest, I am making a big stretch/assumption re the leprechauns part: it could in fact be sea-monkeys and/or deap-sea goblins.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
It looks like someone is running a big chainsaw under water. Is there anyone named Paul Bunyan living around there?

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
The thing that always gets me about these videos is that you never see the head of the "monster". If an animal like that is swimming close to the surface you would think SOMEONE would see the head rise up.

When an alligator or a crocodile is at the surface, its head is there too. Why would this animal be swimming with parts of its body out of the water and no sign of its head at all? Is it swimming diagonally?

Makes no sense, and that's why I believe that 99.9% of these cases are misidentification.

If it's really some animal such as a snake it's very possible that it "swims" horizontally, such as a water moccasin swims, but for whatever reason it simply keeps its head in the water.. who knows maybe it has gills?

Sea Snakes and Water Snakes

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Well, if it REALLY was a sea monster it´s the best video ever recorded.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by doug r

Good catch. He could have something to do with it. But the bouys goes underwater, and that would probably be difficult to do, from that distance.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucius Driftwood

Great video of a boat wake moving across a glass lake.....Nothing to see here for real....
reply to post by GuidedKill

The wake of which boat are you referring to? Go back and watch again before she zooms in on it. The only boat I see is inappropriately placed to create the wake you are suggesting.

You do realize that waves can travel many thousands of miles across a body of water?? You also realize that a boat can make a wake and that wake continue until it hits something long after the boat goes over the horizon?? I would assume you know these very simple and elementary teachings.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Looked to me like a line of several smaller animals. Is that a fjord or a lake they are on? If it's a fjord, it could be all manner of sea life. A lake, then whatever sort of semi-aquatic animals might live around there, I don't know. If that was in the U.S. I'd suggest beavers or otters. Not as familiar with the fauna of Norway.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join