It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama backs race-based school discipline policies

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93
reply to post by PaladinRoden

If everyone did their family tree in America 99% would find that their ancestors never owned a slave.
actually, and quite surprisingly, it's come to my attention that's an extremely wrong viewpoint.

IF you look back far enough, you'll find that more than 70% of today's population (arriving by early 1900s) are the direct descendants of slave-owners.

take Wanda Sikes for example (love her comedy), boy was she surprised that 9 generations back (i believe) her grand-parents were indeed slave owners.
this is not an uncommon discovery if you look back far enough.

that us really interesting, and I'm interested to know whether you have some research available to back that up. I'm going to look it up myself to find something - but I've always assumed - like the post you replied to - that hardly anyone's ancestors were slave owners. If they are, I always assumed, it might be one or two individuals out of 1,000 in the width of one's way-back family tree. I've never had any data, just kind of guessed basednon my understanding of who the slave owners were.

Now, my great-grandparents all emigrated here around the late 1800's, after slavery was outlawed, and had no earlier relatives here, so from that standpoint I'm "in the clear" (not that I would have had any control over it either way)
How, though,could it truly be 70%? Are the slave owners the ones who thrived? Or is my understanding of who owned slaves off-base? I always assumed most of the slave owners were the wealthy - not that the average laborer (which is always the majority of the population owned slaves.)

In 1860, 7% of the southern u.s. Population owned 3 million slaves. I'm not certain that represents all of the slVe owners - just starting to read up on this here: www.uwec.edu...

For 70% of the current population to have slave-owner ancestors, unless that is simply an effect of 6-degrees of separation, it would mean that slave owners families thrived FAR beyond that of non slave owners families. 10x higher likelihood of having genes carry on for 150 years? That is shocking. Either the numbers i'm looking at are incomplete, or the 70% statistic is skewed by including those who have 63 non-slave owning great-great-great-great grandparents and 1 slave owner. If neither is the case, it would indicate that slave-owning is a greater survival technique than any genetic trait in existence.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Q2IN2Y
reply to post by groingrinder

Let me ask you a question or any one that wants to answer it. When a person is suffering from mental and emotional abuse, let's say, from a psychopath or narcissist... how long does it take for that person to get over the abuse?

Most people have to go to counseling. Most people have to join support groups to help them cope and get over the enormous amount abuse they have endured at the hands of the abuser.

Some take years to get over the abuse... some never get over the abuse. Some go through life with a hole, a hole which they can never fill with love. They are broken.

Now with that in mind, how long do you think it will take a group of people to get over centuries of emotional, intellectual, physical, mental and spiritual abuse?

African American abuse is generational. That's why it's so despicable and abhorrent. It didn't stop with one generation. The abuse went on and on for generations. And do we not as humans adapt to survive? When the abuser keeps telling the abused that they are crazy, what do you think the abused will think over time?

So when for centuries, the white man calls the black man an animal, lower than human, sub-human... all these things, and no one is there to object to the notion, or to reassure the black man of his humanity, what do you think the black man will think? He is an animal. When the white man of antiquity continuously berates the black man and calls him an animal not worthy of the joys and benefits of education. Unfit for academics, what do you think the black man will do, after being told for generations and taught from their parents for generations that they are inferior? You think he's going to strut out with his chest high ready to take on the world?

You think AA's being in the state they are in now is mere coincidence?

Physical with the whips. Mental with the words, spiritual with the christian faith, intellectual with the prohibition of books, emotional with the dissolution of the family all for a good profit. All for America.

I'm not saying let's take it to the white man because the white man of today is not responsible for this, but do not cover your eyes. Open them and realize that the whites of antiquity committed the worst form of abuse in the history of mankind... generational abuse. And understand, like the person who is abused by the narcissist or the sociopath, that it will take more than 50 years of counseling and some legislation for AA's to put this atrocity behind them.

edit on 28-7-2012 by Q2IN2Y because: (no reason given)

So, you're saying that because the ancestors of today's Black individual were abused, the trauma of that abuse was passed on genetically and, therefore, there is genetic scarring which is the cause of today's high crime rate, high unwed mother rate, etc. among Black people? And that everyone needs to gather together to continually assure you that you are a human being? And because there's not a counseling program to assure the Black individual that he/she is a human being, you've been cheated and, therefore, less should be expected of you?

Side note: I'm Native American; I'm just trying to understand your claim.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitruvian
America for the first time in its slavery ridden history finally has to face up to what she has done. What you are witnessing today is the legacy of slavery and its coming time to acknowledge that the "Piper must be paid" and paying the piper is exactly what is happening. The American people ELECTED Obama so that this could come about because a WHITE government would never have accomplished it and the American voting public was well aware of that fact.

The legacy of slavery is very broad and very deep............its still within the psyche of American blacks to this very day, but more importantly its still within the psyche of American whites. This is a major reason why black Americans ‘seem to be’ so "unfortunate" or make up the major portion of the under class culture in America. Just look around in your cities and you will see the major aspects of SLAVERY manifesting itself everywhere - in crime - in poor housing - poor education and the list goes on and on...........and the WHITES are directly responsible because THEY THEMSELVES have also inherited the evil legacy of SLAVERY.............Its PAYBACK TIME like it or not.

I am white BTW and I am willing to face the responsibility for what has happened in America because of my inheritance – so its about time I faced up to that awful reality………..so might the rest of you smug whites.

edit on 28-7-2012 by Vitruvian because: editing

So true!
Man, it's 2012 and we are all still very racist.
White people and Black people need to leave the past behind. When White people say I wasn't born I didn't enslave Black people it's a copt out. It's like the so called Kennedy curse. Whatever the Kennedy's did to obtain their power/fortune their relatives to this day seem to be paying for it.
Slavery happened to provide free labor to build the country. You've heard the saying "nothing in life is free"... Maybe if Whites would've just paid reparations in the past and left Black people alone our socitey wouldn't be so racist today. Also as for Black People it's time to let go of slavery. Black people need to let it go. It happened and yes it's held us back, but now we have the opportunity that most people around the world don't have. Black people need to save themselves.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Teeky

What a bunch of nonsense. Look up the history of slavery around the globe.

The non slave owning colonies prospered far greater than the slave owning colonies. Maybe cotton was the biggest crop, but cotton and tobacco were the only things the South produced.

Slaves did not build America. You know nothing about the economies of the early colonies.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
These race promoting policies only succeed in promoting racism.

This is not progressive or liberal, it is state sponsored racism.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Oh yes. Attack percieved racism with more racism. Cuz that always works.

edit on 29-7-2012 by kaiode1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitruvian

I am white BTW and I am willing to face the responsibility for what has happened in America because of my inheritance – so its about time I faced up to that awful reality………..so might the rest of you smug whites.

what if your mixed race? will you only have to pay half price?

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson
dailycaller.com...

President Barack Obama is backing a controversial campaign by progressives to regulate schools’ disciplinary actions so that members of major racial and ethnic groups are penalized at equal rates, regardless of individuals’ behavior.

His July 26 executive order established a government panel to promote “a positive school climate that does not rely on methods that result in disparate use of disciplinary tools.”

“African Americans lack equal access to highly effective teachers and principals, safe schools, and challenging college-preparatory classes, and they disproportionately experience school discipline,” said the order, titled “White House Initiative On

So basically, whites and Asians will get disciplined for things black kids will get a pass on now because of their skin color. How in the world can anyone support this racist A-hole? HOW???

Because of those causes, the report suggests, “over a third of African American students do not graduate from high school on time with a regular high school diploma, and only four percent of African American high school graduates interested in college are college-ready across a range of subjects.”

“What this means is that whites and Asians will get suspended for things that blacks don’t get suspended for,” because school officials will try to level punishments despite groups’ different infraction rates, predicted Hans Bader, a counsel at the Competitive Enterprise Institute. Bader is a former official in the Education Department’s Office for Civil Rights, and has sued and represented school districts and colleges in civil-rights cases.

“It is too bad that the president has chosen to set up a new bureaucracy with a focus on one particular racial group, to the exclusion of all others,” said Roger Clegg, the president of the Center for Equal Opportunity.

edit on 28-7-2012 by PvtHudson because: (no reason given)

As I see it, Obama is trying to bring about the "Retribution for Racism" that has been tied to American life since the American Civil War ended. He's looking for REPAYMENT of bad treatment by whites against blacks and screw the bad treatment of blacks against whites or even other blacks. This is about punishment for the white man in no uncertain terms.

What he fails to realize is that black on black crimes currently out number all other crimes. Take some blacks from America and place them in black south africa and see how the american blacks get treated there. They are hated (as this experiment has already been done) by some moving there.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
For all the "slave supporters" bear in mind that much of Europe were forced into slavery and genocide. Do you hear us whining about it 70 years later? Here the blacks whine about slavery hundreds of years later.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
My great great grandfather was an orphan from Tennessee who went against much of his family to join the Union Army. He escaped from a train in route to Andersonville Prison, but never fully recovered from war injuries and thus was never able to hold much of a job in his remaining years.

That's my family's legacy. Some of his ancestor's have done quite well in later years, but none were born with a silver spoon. I have a hard time feeling any personal or familial responsibility for slavery.

I do, however, believe that we as a society have an obligation to come together and remedy past mistakes, in order to move forward in a positive direction. Perhaps not chief among those mistakes, but certainly high on the list, have been the social engineering policies of the past 2 generations.

I think it is well past time to reconsider government decisions that have contributed to high levels of poverty among Blacks. High levels of crime among Blacks. High levels of imprisonment among Blacks.

Because our Government is We the People, We need to take responsibility for the many mistakes of our Government. We need to reconsider freedom and self-reliance as alternatives to dependence and fear-mongering. In short, we need to take our government back if we ever expect the average man, black, white, or yellow, to have a fair shake.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by PvtHudson

Say hello to the new South Africa, the US ! This is exactly how it they do it in South Africa along with the race based abortions of BEE and AA. Pretty soon like SA, there will be quotas to "level-up" how many of each race get to go to college or university. In SA it's so bad that if you get 99% in your final high school year, there is less than a 10% chance you will get to go to a local university or college. However, if you are black and pass with 51% there is a 90% chance you will get to go to a local university or college.

Talk about stupid policies. Everyone should be treated equally based of their achievements to get into university or college. After all, we want the best and brightest running things regardless of colour. As far as punishment, it should be equal regardless of race or colour. For Obama to think that blacks or hispanics need a free pass because of race is insulting to blacks and hispanics. We are all supposed to be treated equally. Next Obama will be saying that murder one for blacks should be a 30 day suspended sentence, but for any other race it should be 20 to life.

Obama is a retard zombie in a meat puppet suit.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitruvian

Your white guilt about what someone did over 150 years ago must really be eating you up. Racism met with racism is still wrong, genius.

/TOA

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by de_Genova

Look at all those stars already

Great work Vitruvian.......its about time somebody had the balls to face up to the reality of the way people of color have been so MAL - treated and abused in America.............. We owe them - so REPARATIONS ARE IN ORDER TOO - bigtime
Watch and see - but it'll come about as a result of UNITED NATIONS actions and not on the part of the government.............Otherwise it'll come to a civil war that'll make the war between the states look like a muffin march - a cake walk.............[
edit on 28-7-2012 by de_Genova because: wrong way harrigan

Yea. You would like that wouldn't you
I smell a tag team political operative trolling here. Seems you both signed up about the same time in 2010. No personal info. on your membership page. Both using the same race baiting divisive code words that the radical left is famous for. You illogical logic is pathetic.
Your comprehension of history is flawed at best, and corrupted to the point of absurdity. If your logic was correct the jews would be at the bottom of the ladder, but "somehow' they seem to rise to the top.
You seem to have missed the part where slavery originated in Africa. Tribes raided other tribes and took slaves for thousands of years. The slaves that came here were sold to slave traders by their black tribal brothers. In Africa, slaves were a commodity. Perhaps, as one poster suggested, the traumatic embedded DNA, arose in Africa itself. A theory that has no basis of proof by the way.
As bad as slavery was, today's blacks ought to bend over and kiss the ground of the good ole USA, for the sacrifice their ancestors suffered. Were it not for their their misfortune and ultimate destiny, today's blacks would mostly likely have suffered through the massacres, starvation, diseases, brutal wars, infant mortality despicable standards of living, and "real" oppression that we have seen in the Congo, Nigeria,Rwanda, Somalia and most other nations of the continent in the last hundred years.
Blacks in America today, at least have the opportunity to rise above their poverty and a great many have. Those who have succeeded here were the ones who were smart enough to throw off the victimization mentality and accept responsibility for their life circumstances. Has it been difficult, yes. But success at any endeavor ( by anyone) is difficult. If you don't understand that in the beginning, you can't become successful at anything. Just ask any NFL player.
If anything is more responsible for the lack of success of many blacks here, it is the fanatical liberal, progressive agenda that has perpetuated the victimization, divisive, race baiting, and class warfare mentality that is so prevalent in inner city black communities today. The left has lied to, lied about, and abused the black community to extract votes for an agenda that ensures their continued "economic" slavery Fortunately, the black community is slowly catching on to your game and rejecting your propaganda campaigns and looking to the real ways to succeed. And it ain't you two.
Shame on you both for trying to start another race war. But that's the progressive plan now, isn't it.
Your NWO handlers would be proud. The rest of us are just discussed.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitruvian
America for the first time in its slavery ridden history finally has to face up to what she has done. What you are witnessing today is the legacy of slavery and its coming time to acknowledge that the "Piper must be paid" and paying the piper is exactly what is happening. The American people ELECTED Obama so that this could come about because a WHITE government would never have accomplished it and the American voting public was well aware of that fact.

The legacy of slavery is very broad and very deep............its still within the psyche of American blacks to this very day, but more importantly its still within the psyche of American whites. This is a major reason why black Americans ‘seem to be’ so "unfortunate" or make up the major portion of the under class culture in America. Just look around in your cities and you will see the major aspects of SLAVERY manifesting itself everywhere - in crime - in poor housing - poor education and the list goes on and on...........and the WHITES are directly responsible because THEY THEMSELVES have also inherited the evil legacy of SLAVERY.............Its PAYBACK TIME like it or not.

edit on 28-7-2012 by Vitruvian because: editing
Give me a break
! I have Native American blood in me, so should I run around crying like a baby because my forefathers got the raw end of the deal? Behavior like that is childish and immature! Some people will find any excuse to get the upper hand in life. Sure a lot of black people got the raw end of the deal way back in the day. They didn't have a choice. But black people today DO have a choice. I don’t feel sorry at all for black people these days, but I do have pity for those who would rather be in chains. All of the tools are out there to better yourself. You can either wallow in misery, or live your life to the fullest. We ALL have a choice. Free yourself!

I wish ALL black people had the same attitude Morgan Freeman has. He is one of the most down to earth men I have ever known!

edit on 29-7-2012 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
So I guess we're going to pick random white people to send to prison to balance things out then?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

You might be interested in this little tidbit.
Corrections Corp. of America offers to buy prisons in all 48 states. [with a guaranty of a 90% occupancy rate built into the contract]

www.huffingtonpost.com...
edit on 29-7-2012 by nightstalker46 because: adding link

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Q2IN2Y

No question answered though. What civilization recovers from tyranny and oppression in less than 2 generations? After being oppressed in a society for centuries?And not even oppressed with a sense of identity... oppressed with NO identity.identity... oppressed with NO identity.

PM me a few links, I'm interested.

Of course not! That's nothing but a diversion!

Let's look at your argument in a way that will exclude your obvious racial bias:
If two brothers share equal parts of guilt, participation, and benefit, of stealing a car, you are supporting the idea that: The brother with the better excuses should be "excused".

I say that's nonsense!

See ya,
Milt

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
You know what happens when a kid falls back in boot camp? - the drill instructer punishes everybody else.

Not only that- But they have takin it to an extreme no instructer would ever do- turn it into bs political race baiting- and do it with permission from the very top.

You want kids to do well, you teach them to do good in life and not act like an ahole. I never seen a teacher when I was in school(back when) sit there and tell them none of them had a chance. I was in a majorly diverse hs btw. There was community, there is none of that anymore. It has now turned into thou' shall hate and spy on thy neighbor.

Why in the world are people blind to this? Its all BS, all of it. Keep eating your popcorn though. Cheer on your team, eventhough you are still getting just as screwed as the rest of us-some just dont see it or refuse to see it.
They then turn around, and make it into some Political theatre. Ruining peoples lives so they can be loved by a certain few and live like pricks.

Everyone who makes race an issue- cleary has a problem with it.

Everyone who makes race an issue- cleary has a problem with it.

“Those who address race the most, are usually the most racist”
-Propulsion

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tarzan the apeman.
reply to post by Honor93

I must be in the 1 % then because none of my people were here. Did some homework.

good for your effort
when did your ancestors arrive if i may ask ??
come-on now, i guessed more like 25% (weren't) ... the 99 was in response to a previous poster.

from my inquiries and followings, i was utterly amazed at how many ppl (mostly caucasions from my studies so far) not only had AA identifiable genes but direct ancestors (many generations ago) who were either slaves or owners.

i knew how popular the slave industry was but, i never really put it together until much later in life ... after all the smoke & mirrors of youth cleared.
it really does make sense, especially when you consider the effects of war, compounded with the acts of Reconstruction ... ppl were bound to get together in ways they never considered before.
(and i'm not implying all of it was consensual either)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Uhhh, children cannot choose where they are born.

I agree with that!

People can't choose their heritage either!

They can, however, CHOOSE which parts of that heritage that they are most proud of. In my case, that would be my link to a family of very prominent Abolitionists. One doesn't hear too much about the Beecher family anymore... I wonder why...

See ya,
Milt

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join