It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama backs race-based school discipline policies

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Contrary to some of the people's thinking on this post, this country was founded on a culture of violence. Manifest Destiny has ruled this place and even been proclaimed by some lesser known presidents as far back as Martin Van Buren, just by another name. WHITE PRIVILEGE exists in this country whether or not WHITE PEOPLE acknowledge it, accept it, and/or participate in its practice. White privilege isn't getting the job because you're white. It's getting that by pass. Case in point: Zimmerman kills a black kid and doesn't get arrested and the media REFUSES to even announce he's Mexican because he is a WHITE MEXICAN. I guarantee you if his last name was more spanish like Gonzalez and he was darker it wouldn't have made the news. Minority people kill each other every day and its a blip on the news. Now, same state, a BLACK WOMAN shoots (doesnt wound or kill) at her husband (who is documented that he abused her previously) because she is not going to get jumped on again and shoots in self defense, gets locked up on premeditated attempted murder and gets convicted. Both cases used Stand Your ground. The guy that shot up the Colorado theater gets his case sealed and is "mentally challenged" but John Africa and members of his Philadelphia Move Organization gets C4 on their roof, house gets up to temperatures of 5,000 degrees, and anybody in the house gets shot at running out the burning house for standing up for their constitutional rights. Their kids get killed for being "enemy combatants". See the difference here?

The rise of the black gangs started around 1970. In the 42 years since, COINTELPRO was successful. Black communities have been riddled with drugs of all nature, guns, and violence. The gangs took it to another level. The media oversaturated and subliminally programmed a generation. Those 80s kids are half dead as a GENERATION to gang violence in all major cities and by the 1990s all that mess trickled down to the south. 200 years of struggling for equality within white society culminated in 42 years of self destruction. Yes, I said it. You cannot expect a people that are struggling to find adequate education, employment, and housing coupled with police brutality and profiling to sit back and not counter react. Now, we are in a digital age. The kids are not being challenged at school, and with the teachers in most urban areas not getting paid crap and class overcrowding they are forced to herd them in and out with no child left behind. These kids are being raised by the media. Lil Wayne is an escapist lifestyle for them and they want to live like that because mom with 2 jobs who is working herself to death is a sucka to them. Rap started off as positive and it was the RECORD LABELS that promoted GANGSTER RAP and killed the genre of HIP HOP. Now all this music mess is robotnic and programming these black kids to be destructive and be suicidal. They HAVE NO HOPE. Has nothing to do with lazy or shiftless, their environment around them and in this country is collapsing and they are trying to go out with a bang.

This video game generation out there now is playing GTA, Call of Duty, and whatever. We as a country are in a culture of violence. It's oversaturated in every walk of life now, in every device, program, and you name it. Parents can't discipline their kids, and the dumbing down of America has occurred. Black kids are just more immune to the violence because its so prevalent, its like living GTA. Get what I'm saying? In 42 Years black people have went from fighting to shop alongside the nicer white supermarkets that don't have spoiled meat, sitting in the front of the bus, and ascertaining full equal rights to housing, education, and unemployment to self destruction. It is by no accident. WHITE PRIVILEGE never had any intent on letting the doors of Affirmative Action stay open. That is what the crack epidemic was about. Destroying and breaking down the black family. AND IT WORKED. Now with this crooked economy, plan is in full swing let the bodies drop where they may. It's now back to 1950s level of difficulty to get to college now, and even get adequate education. Slave masters wish they had it this good; black folks that DONT want to learn to read, write and count because quality of education is not instilled in them. How can it be when the last 42 years have culminated into our own internal race civil war?

You want to stop the shenanigans. Give jobs to people. Train them. Give them a prevailing wage. Give the incentive for them to have something to lose. But its not about race anymore gents. Now its about class. And black folks are right where they started coming off the ship - it's just the poor and middle class whites are slightly more favored.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArchPlayer
To everyone going on and on about how bad their European ancestors had it: I don't care how you look at it, no matter how long and how often your European ancestors had to go through the fire, survive Potato Famines and whatever NONE OF THEM WERE BROUGHT TO AMERICA IN CHAINS! None of them were chained and bound at the bottom of a cargo hull for three months on the Atlantic, given little to eat, if anything out the the proper diet, raped, maimed, and/or killed and treated like worthless chattel.

Eeverything you said means nothing because no one alive in the US has been a victim of slavery nor owned a slave in the manner in which you discribe. And to let you know the majority of slaves brought from Africa were not hunted down and put on ships they were purchased from African slave owners and war chiefs who took over other tribes. Slavery still exist today and the majority of it takes place in Africa. In the South at the peak of slavery less then 2% of the white population owned a slave. The majority of whites could not afford a slave because only rich land owners had the ability to house and own slaves. Its like it is today we have a small group of rich individuals that run the country and it was true in the South back then. You had to own a certain amount of land to be in government meaning the average white man in the South had no say on the legality of slavery. The majority of Confederate Soldiers were fighting for states rights and millions of white men died in the process of freeing slaves and liberating themselves from a handful of rich white men. So NO, White America does not owe the African Americans anything for they did not participate in it and to blame a whole race for the actions of less then 2% of the population is raciest. And the Spanish dominated the slave trade even though it was outlawed in the US back in 1807. If you add it all up the majority of whites throughout American history didn't take part in the pracitce of slavery. If everyone did their family tree in America 99% would find that their ancestors never owned a slave.
edit on Sun Jul 29 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   

To everyone going on and on about how bad their European ancestors had it: I don't care how you look at it, no matter how long and how often your European ancestors had to go through the fire, survive Potato Famines and whatever NONE OF THEM WERE BROUGHT TO AMERICA IN CHAINS! *snip*Do not DARE compare the ancestral experiences because there is no comparison.*snip*

Oh, please! I will compare anything I want, first off. Second, do you have any idea how badly the British treated the Scottish and Irish peoples? Including, I have to add, forcing new brides to sleep with their nobles! Lands stolen, culture trashed, treated like garbage. The Irish here were treated very poorly even though they came willingly. MORE poorly, in many (heck, most) cases than the average slave. Slave owners were, with some exceptions, careful about caring for those slaves they owned. Slaves were a major investment, and they couldn't simply starve them and actually get anything done. No, that doesn't make slavery right, but it isn't fair to ignore every fact that doesn't make them all look totally evil. Nor were those slaves the only ones in history. In fact, there have been white slaves taken in Africa, by blacks, in far more recent history. Do you really want to go there? Besides, a LOT of people came to the US in chains, from Europe, as indentured servants, some for a term, some for LIFE.

Originally posted by ArchPlayer*snip*The Civil War had nothing to do with slavery; the North knew it could not expect white workers to work in the factory conditions that were inhumane. The North also knew it needed to break the wealth of the South to go uncontested with a different labor export that could thrive without the necessary need or expense of maintaining hundreds of slaves since Northern industrialization did NOT rely on a plantation system.*snip*They truly were this country's first cheap labor pool.*snip*As the Northern industrial system grew southward, the prison system sprung up all over the south and rich white men made their fortunes wrongfully keeping blacks in jail on trumped up charges because they were free workers. *snip*

Oh, wow....I am guessing you never read such works as "The Jungle" in school. Look it up; authored by Upton Sinclair. Work conditions for a LOT of people were FAR worse than anything the average slave saw day to day. That wasn't a lot of blacks doing those jobs, either - it was people of all colors. As for the jails, if more blacks commit crimes, more will be in jail. No, it isn't all "trumped up charges", either. That can happen with ANYONE, but most there did the crime.

Black people in the U.S. have been the source of a lot of medical testing against their knowledge of will.*snip*

So have plenty of others. If you want to get mad, address the abortion industry, which started as a eugenics program to control minority races.

Not one single race can claim total innocence, or be called totally evil. No excuses based on the past. Personal responsibility is the key. THAT is what this EO is about - removing personal responsibility from an entire segment of the population, more so than has already been done. Do you have a comment on the actual thread issue?

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by PaladinRoden

If everyone did their family tree in America 99% would find that their ancestors never owned a slave.
actually, and quite surprisingly, it's come to my attention that's an extremely wrong viewpoint.

IF you look back far enough, you'll find that more than 70% of today's population (arriving by early 1900s) are the direct descendants of slave-owners.

take Wanda Sikes for example (love her comedy), boy was she surprised that 9 generations back (i believe) her grand-parents were indeed slave owners.
this is not an uncommon discovery if you look back far enough.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93

If everyone did their family tree in America 99% would find that their ancestors never owned a slave.
actually, and quite surprisingly, it's come to my attention that's an extremely wrong viewpoint.

IF you look back far enough, you'll find that more than 70% of today's population (arriving by early 1900s) are the direct descendants of slave-owners.

take Wanda Sikes for example (love her comedy), boy was she surprised that 9 generations back (i believe) her grand-parents were indeed slave owners.
this is not an uncommon discovery if you look back far enough.

We are talking about the United States and the use of slavery right? Not some form of slavery that existed all over the world throughout history. I can say the same thing that over 70% of todays Americans have ancestors that were slaves sometime in history, yes even whites. Much of Eastern and Western Europe were victims of being slaves by the conqueres of Rome and from Asia and the Middle East. Hell even the Aztecs and the Mayans had slaves from the taking over of other tribes. So yes everyone in the world probably has someone in their line that has a person that was a slave or been a slave so we are all in the same boat from that point of view. However, the United States was founded in 1776 and won its independence from England in 1789 at the battle of Yorktown, you have to remember that Spain, England, and France were all part of what makes the United States. There were only 89 years between the founding fo the US and the 13th Amendment that outlawed slavery. And like I said earlier only a very small percentage of the white population ever owned slaves during the years slavery was legal and many states throughout the US outlawed slavery before the Civil War began, and top that off that many of todays Americans are decendents of those that came after the Civil War. The people who owned slaves didn't have children like those that didn't. In order to survive many whites had over 10 children while rich land owners had fewer then 3. There are many sources as well as common sense on how math works you will understand that less then 2% of Americans living today had an ancestor during American history that owned a slave. And we can all make the claim that we are desendants of slaves and slave owners because it was all over the world long before the US became a nation. Whites, blacks, asians we have all suffered horrible treatment at the hands of slave masters. Yet, I don't remember getting a check or an appology from Italy or Greece for their involvement in enslaving my Eastern Europe ancestors, nor will you hear me complain about it.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   

To everyone going on and on about how bad their European ancestors had it: I don't care how you look at it, no matter how long and how often your European ancestors had to go through the fire, survive Potato Famines and whatever NONE OF THEM WERE BROUGHT TO AMERICA IN CHAINS!

OOOOOOH REAAAAALLLLY?

"The Irish slave trade began when James II sold 30,000 Irish prisoners as slaves to the New World. His Proclamation of 1625 required Irish political prisoners be sent overseas and sold to English settlers in the West Indies. By the mid 1600s, the Irish were the main slaves sold to Antigua and Montserrat. At that time, 70% of the total population of Montserrat were Irish slaves.

Ireland quickly became the biggest source of human livestock for English merchants. The majority of the early slaves to the New World were actually white.

From 1641 to 1652, over 500,000 Irish were killed by the English and another 300,000 were sold as slaves. Ireland’s population fell from about 1,500,000 to 600,000 in one single decade. Families were ripped apart as the British did not allow Irish dads to take their wives and children with them across the Atlantic. This led to a helpless population of homeless women and children. Britain’s solution was to auction them off as well.

During the 1650s, over 100,000 Irish children between the ages of 10 and 14 were taken from their parents and sold as slaves in the West Indies, Virginia and New England. In this decade, 52,000 Irish (mostly women and children) were sold to Barbados and Virginia. Another 30,000 Irish men and women were also transported and sold to the highest bidder. In 1656, Cromwell ordered that 2000 Irish children be taken to Jamaica and sold as slaves to English settlers. "

www.globalresearch.ca...

see what happens when you dont know your history bub? You embarrass yourself online in front of all these people.

edit on Sun Jul 29 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitruvian

What utter BS! The majority of black families have been in America longer than my family. I, and they, are not responsible for slavery and I'm tired of being told that just because my skin is white that I am guilty. BS!!

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Case in point: Zimmerman kills a black kid and doesn't get arrested and the media REFUSES to even announce he's Mexican because he is a WHITE MEXICAN.

A White Mexican? Slap some robes and prayer beads on him and he could fit in any monastery in Asia with out turning heads.
The mans clearly has strong Native American features ( who would have thought seeing as how hes Peruvian you know that south American country with HUGE native population!). White Mexicans are people like VicenteFox or Ricardo Montalban, If you cant see the clear difference between the two then i suggest you go see an eye doctor in the immediate future.

Originally posted by ArchPlayerMinority people kill each other every day and its a blip on the news.

Every shade of the rainbow kills each other every day and its not big news. I don't know why the hell you don't see this. Theres always alot of peoplewho get away with all kinds of terrible stuff and justice isn't served.

edit on 29-7-2012 by paganini because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   

last i checked, yep.
did the 'arriving early in the 20th century' part confuse you ?

let me explain a little.
when we were just colonies, slavery was popular.
when we entered the Revolutionary war, slavery was common.
when we progressed to the Civil War, slavery was commercialized.

when all of that happened, there wasn't a whole 5 million ppl in America.
quite a few of them died.

after the CW and Reconstruction, many prior slave owners, slaves and the remaining free ppl of the country got together and guess what ??
they made babies and they made babies and on down the line til we appeared.

my point is, the institution of slavery was soooo embedded in American life (at that time) that it is likely that nearly 99% of the ppl today are directly descended from an American slave owner.
(even some of the natives who bred with their captors)

make a little more sense now ??
if not, think about it ... it's not as far-fetched as it sounds.

nah, i haven't gotten anything for my Irish heritage either but it's not like i'd expect Obama to fix it or write some BS legislation about it either.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by paganini

Thank you! You did a lot more research than I did, and posted some great data. My guess is, we won't hear a single response. The brainwashing has gone on so long that it would take a miracle for some people to understand that what they have been taught isn't necessarily factual. These days, there is so much revisionist history being taught in the schools, it's a wonder some of the young people even know what country this is!

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Well, based on family tree data that a cousin of mine put together, I do have a slave owner or two in the tree, and people that fought on both sides in the Civil War. With all the Scotch-Irish ancestry, yeah, surely some that were slaves at some point, too! Definitely some with troubles in the past. Still, I am not planning to head to Scotland and demand that certain people give up their land, simply because they took it from my ancestors. Can you imagine the reaction?

I do find it very telling that the person sparking so much of the debate won't comment on the actual topic at all.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

You need to make T-SHIRTS with your exact words on it ! in fact every AA needs to wear one to remind themselves, If i want to be treated equal, I need to get over it !!! and fend for myself, like everyone else does DAMMIT !!!!

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Q2IN2Y

I read the whole post and thought do we ever get anywhere in life unless we learn how to forgive.........just a thought.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

I must be in the 1 % then because none of my people were here. Did some homework.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Isn't it disturbing that your race is tabulated alongside disciplinary action.

So when someone searches the database they can isolate races versus disciplinary actions in schools. Database state much?

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Q2IN2Y
reply to post by groingrinder

Let me ask you a question or any one that wants to answer it. When a person is suffering from mental and emotional abuse, let's say, from a psychopath or narcissist... how long does it take for that person to get over the abuse?

Most people have to go to counseling. Most people have to join support groups to help them cope and get over the enormous amount abuse they have endured at the hands of the abuser.

Some take years to get over the abuse... some never get over the abuse. Some go through life with a hole, a hole which they can never fill with love. They are broken.

Now with that in mind, how long do you think it will take a group of people to get over centuries of emotional, intellectual, physical, mental and spiritual abuse?

African American abuse is generational. That's why it's so despicable and abhorrent. It didn't stop with one generation. The abuse went on and on for generations. And do we not as humans adapt to survive? When the abuser keeps telling the abused that they are crazy, what do you think the abused will think over time?

So when for centuries, the white man calls the black man an animal, lower than human, sub-human... all these things, and no one is there to object to the notion, or to reassure the black man of his humanity, what do you think the black man will think? He is an animal. When the white man of antiquity continuously berates the black man and calls him an animal not worthy of the joys and benefits of education. Unfit for academics, what do you think the black man will do, after being told for generations and taught from their parents for generations that they are inferior? You think he's going to strut out with his chest high ready to take on the world?

You think AA's being in the state they are in now is mere coincidence?

Physical with the whips. Mental with the words, spiritual with the christian faith, intellectual with the prohibition of books, emotional with the dissolution of the family all for a good profit. All for America.

I'm not saying let's take it to the white man because the white man of today is not responsible for this, but do not cover your eyes. Open them and realize that the whites of antiquity committed the worst form of abuse in the history of mankind... generational abuse. And understand, like the person who is abused by the narcissist or the sociopath, that it will take more than 50 years of counseling and some legislation for AA's to put this atrocity behind them.

edit on 28-7-2012 by Q2IN2Y because: (no reason given)

As someone who HAS been abused by parents, and then CHRISTIANS, I do not lash out at the world for *their* actions! I only blame the person(s) directly responsible. Christians get a wider blanket because their actions are pretty much universal. However, even some of them prove themselves to be at least decent.

Blacks having to act like this are abominable. I posted this on a previous asinine political move by the presidential clown:

My g/f's boss is black. The woman is a veterinarian, and said this: In school, one could not get ahead, because THE OTHER BLACK CHILDREN WOULD NOT LET THEIR PEERS SUCCEED. Not other white kids, asian kids, NO OTHERS.

Your supposed "racial" problems are YOUR OWN PROBLEMS. No one else's.
edit on 29-7-2012 by wylekat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
c'mon...just look at all the white wealthy people being punished....their names fill the police blotters, and prison cells....our system of justice works just fine, and nothing needs to be changed

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
If I were Black I'd be unsettled, to say the least. All of these political correctness and social engineering are all headed to problems we could barely fathom at present.
edit on 29-7-2012 by Nightwalk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Six6Six
Obama come up with a lot of dumb and childish thing but this is WRONG and he is a RACIST (not that its a bad thing in general)

America was never ready for a Black president let alone a racist idiot like this one. Him and his wife are just plain weird and corrupt.

At the end of the day its up to parents to start standing up to the schools (prisons in the states).

Lets face it though, blacks and latino kids are far more trouble than whites and Chinese. Obama just doesnt want his fellow black criminals to be punished anymore for their behavior.

Its funny how black always say they are poorly treated yet its been 200 years since slavery and still they can't get a grip on life...how LONG DOES IT TAKE???

Other than one guy (Hans') completely misguided opinion, borne of his apparent lack of reading comprehension, what makes you think this is racist? There is absolutely nothing to indicate President Obama wants to dscipline whites more. Please, read up on the policy piece and you'll see it is simply about adjusting the discipline in poor/minority schools so that they're not being pushed out of the educational system.

As I've read through 12 pages of posts so far, i'm becoming disheartened to learn that not one person besides me has acknowledged that this thread is total bunk, based on a lie.

new topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join