It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Racist? Didn't Know He Was Only President of Black People.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by gncnew

WASHINGTON (AP) -- President Barack Obama is creating a new office to bolster education of African-American students.

The White House says the office will coordinate the work of communities and federal agencies to ensure that African-American youngsters are better prepared for high school, college and career.

Obama is announcing his election-year initiative Wednesday night in a speech to the civil rights group the National Urban League as he seeks to rally black voters. Aides say his executive order, to be signed Thursday, will set a goal of producing "a more effective continuum" of programs for African-American students.

AP Source

Seriously? I was unaware that the tax dollars paid by ALL citizens of the United States could be used in special programs and newly created offices for only a specific minority group. Maybe that's because black people are incapable of being racist?

This is a blatent attempt by Obama to try and regain support among the black community - but it's just plane wrong. There are many disadvantaged white and Hispanic kids in the US. There are a great deal of non-black kids who are not ready for High School, drop out early, and struggle in the class room.

I guess because there is no "National White Kids Association" to pander votes from, they just get left behind?

This is honestly pretty despicable. Black people should be just as offended - being pandered to, in an election year, should make you mad that anyone thinks you're that stupid.

We want to end racism and racial inequality? Then you can't focus on things like "a more effective continuum" of programs for African-American students"

How about a more effective continuum for ALL students Mr. President... but again, I guess as the first black POTUS, he's only the POTUS of black Americans.... sad... especially since I voted for him.
edit on 26-7-2012 by gncnew because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-7-2012 by gncnew because: (no reason given)

=http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_OBAMA_AFRICAN_AMERICAN_EDUCATION?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2012-07-25-16-38-59]AP Source[/url]

I am african american.
I am a anarcho-syndicalist so I don't care who the current king/dictator is.
I'm convinced this guy is a psychopath whoever he is.

This is just trolling by this guy who calls himself "obama" to get people to yell at him again. More clever misdirection.

What is going on in syria and iran right now?

How many more drones are going to be made and fly in US air space?

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Any "goodies" tucked away in this ??

Basically all it says is that a bunch of folks will get together to think of ways to improve the situation, document status, and advise the President on things they should have been doing in the first place.

I wasn't aware that an executive order was necessary to implement performance improvement plans.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by openlocks

Originally posted by Zarniwoop
reply to post by gncnew

The President does things for ALL Americans, not just one ethnic group of them.

I don't see why helping ethnic groups, in a specific category such as education, that statistically show the need for assistance is any different than say, helping people with disabilities get good parking spots at the local grocer.

There are very few methods to make changes that benefit ALL Americans, short of maybe sending a check for 500.00 to everyone in the country. Part of being a leader is understanding that the majority of your decisions will make some happy and some not so happy. If I'm not mistaken, you appear to be in the latter group on this issue.

Do I support Obama? Yes...Until he is out of office in January. I'd hate to see Biden as Pres.
Do I support an ever-expanding government? No
Do I think this EO shows racism... nope.
Do I think Obama is cheating the system by using an EO for campaign purposes? OH, hell yeah!

edit on 26-7-2012 by Zarniwoop because: spelling

I guess - to me - anytime we define a specific ethnic group as needing special assistance - we're inherently defining a weakness that is there by ethnicity as well.

Disabilities, socio-economic status, education level, etc are all race-neutral conditions that can effect any American.

But to define a program this way is nothing short of Jim Crowe policies. The fact that a black man is implementing them does not make them any less wrong.

LOL, you're really trying to play like you're Mr. Stand Against Racism? LOL!!!!!!!!

I guess - to me - when a specific ethnic group has been historically targeted by pathological murders, oppressors and exploiters, they might just need a hand to stand back up. Of course, I'm sure Mr. Superman that you are, imagine you could fight 1000 UFC fighters and walk away unscathed. We, back here in reality, though think you're just delusional.

Historically? I guess if history ends 200-300 years ago. Unfortunately it goes back much further than that - and disproves this ridiculous assumption.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Did Obama do this to "rally Black voters"? Of course, imo, he did. Does he really care about Black people, no, imo, he doesn't. But I don't think you guys understand how big the achievement gap is between Black and White kids. It is not just a problem to be dealt with, it is an epidemic that MUST be addressed NOW!

92% of White kids graduate high school and 84% go on to post-secondary schooling.
53% of Black kids graduate high school and only 9% go on to post-secondary schooling.

These are national averages. Do you see how big of a gap that is!? Now what do you think happens when you have 47% of a certain demographic of kids not graduating high school? You get 41% of Black males ending up in jail, more than 1 in 3. And what happens when you have 91% of a certain demographic of kids not entering into post-secondary schooling, in a society that demands such a thing? You get an entire demographic subjugated to poverty for generations to come with a majority under-employed and/or unemployed. You get statistics like, less than 2% of small business owners with more than 5 full-time employees on payroll in the US are Black. This leads to the further widening of social/economic gaps.

Men lie, women lie, numbers don't. Just saying.
edit on 26-7-2012 by openlocks because: (no reason given)

And as they say, there's lies, damned lies, and then there are statistics.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastProphet527
lmaf, and lol...ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL the WHITE presidents that looked after all its white people for the last 100 years plus, and now... its a problem with a black president looking out for the black populace for a change.

3 years out of 400 years, like…are you serious with this cry baby BS thread.

Wait, so are you saying that years of injustice now affirm and/or justify further injustice? Curious you would bring up past events as if they some how justify current events.

This is wrong, you can bring up any past events you wish, but they dont justify a current president enacting racist policies.

The "oppressed" have the capability of being racists just as easily as their previous oppressors.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

So then how can you sit there and even half-way seriously say something like, "they need to get there s#%t together."? Why don't you go and volunteer your time at a Boys and Girls Club or something instead of sitting around on your privileged butt and judging other people who've lived a life uncomprehendable to you? And I know you it is uncomprehensable to you because if you had any kind of idea of what these people have gone through you would not be spending your time criticism them, rather you would be running to help them!

Peace out, from a now overly angry commenter! LOL...

Just an FYI - I have and do volunteer my time tutoring at risk, majority black, kids in my local community - specifically in reading because it's so vital.

I've got no agenda, but I care not for a President who makes policy that is ethnic specific. Doesn't matter which ethnicity.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
obama is a plant and a stooge, long since chosen to be the 'president'
who oversees (and greatly contributes to) the final demise of the dollar.
The last 11 years have been about the plundering of the U.S. (and other) treasuries,
and the exchanging hard assets (worldwide) for worthless pieces of fake money.
The beginning of the end of this process was ushered in with the symbolic
(contived/faked) and theatrical extravaganza that was 9/11.

Everything else (including obamas dubious (at best) persona and anti-constitutional
agendas) have been purposely scripted so to overtly incriminate obama, when viewed
together with other damning information yet to be (timely) released.
This is all designed to cause maximal outrage when it all goes south and the people
finally revolt and tear down all order (which is all part of the plan).

The power seats have moved East. The East is the new West.
A new world order.

This destruction is scheduled for this year, and for sometime after october 24 (digital
switch-over date). This is what i have come to believe.

obama is an actor and bit player in a much, much larger conspiracy.
All Roads Lead To rome

i don't know what can be done at this late stage in the game.

Realise change-don't just believe in it, i guess.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
Anything that helps the black youth of America is a good thing, in my opinion. Good for the entire nation.

I agree with that, however the Governments track record on education is abysmal. It's just throwing money at a problem with no real intention of solving it unfortunately. I wish money was the answer, it's not. Real education reform is needed, I just doubt that all the power players will let any happen. Too many vested interests, worried about themselves rather than the kids and our future as a nation. Just think what another few generations of this sort of education will do to our country?

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

So then how can you sit there and even half-way seriously say something like, "they need to get there s#%t together."? Why don't you go and volunteer your time at a Boys and Girls Club or something instead of sitting around on your privileged butt and judging other people who've lived a life uncomprehendable to you? And I know you it is uncomprehensable to you because if you had any kind of idea of what these people have gone through you would not be spending your time criticism them, rather you would be running to help them!

Just an FYI - I have and do volunteer my time tutoring at risk, majority black, kids in my local community - specifically in reading because it's so vital.

I've got no agenda, but I care not for a President who makes policy that is ethnic specific. Doesn't matter which ethnicity.

Hey, I'm with you on the President. Don't care for him, and that's putting it nicely. But I'd be careful spouting your racist diatribe around those "black kids" who you are supposedly helping. Oh, I know, you're NOT racist... and the Sun is a giant orange.

Why not use your energy to spout your anger at the real racist policies that oppress Black people, like the unethical loaning practices that Realspoke described, or the Drug War, or the justice system that is seemingly acting as a staff-employer for the prison industry? No... those couldn't be the real racist policy's now could they? It's the dedicating a small percentage of tax payers money towards educating the most disadvantaged kids in America which is MOST racist, isn't that right!? (sarcasm ended)

Yawn... time to go play with some ignoramouses somewhere else, you're too easy.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

This is like saying Obama is only the President of U.S soldiers for creating a council that will better deal with PTS.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

lmaf, and lol...ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL the WHITE presidents that looked after all its white people for the last 100 years plus, and now... its a problem with a black president looking out for the black populace for a change.

Wait, so are you saying that years of injustice now affirm and/or justify further injustice? Curious you would bring up past events as if they some how justify current events.

This is wrong, you can bring up any past events you wish, but they dont justify a current president enacting racist policies.

The "oppressed" have the capability of being racists just as easily as their previous oppressors.

'''shaking head left to right''' past events-justify current events.
I am............im ..........umm.............just; I guess...........im.................................hmmm............................................................................................... ..................................................................................Speechless.

im so speechless and confused......im going to bed.
edit on 26-7-2012 by LastProphet527 because: (no reason given)

unknownatheist.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Using your logic i would say you are racist against white people for tutoring black kids in majority
edit on 26-7-2012 by DCLXVI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by dakota1s2
reply to post by gncnew

What made you vote for him? Hope and Change? This rant is not about you but a group of people who either don't care or just plain ignorant.

Simper Fi

The other option was John McCain.

JOHN McCAIN and the TWIT from Alaska.

And you ask why????????????????????????????

John McCain and the Twit.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

I am............im ..........umm.............just; I guess...........im.................................hmmm............................................................................................... ..................................................................................Speechless.

unknownatheist.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

Fixed.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
At this time in our election cycle it is easy to assume that everything that the President does is politically motivated. It is obvious that he needs to rally the votes of black people. Many of the black community feel that he hasn't done enough to help them achieve equality, and they are right. He has done little to help the blacks, hispanics, native americans, or any minority group. I think that it is important to help ALL americans that are at a disadvantage regardless of race or culture. I know how deeply the achievement gap can cut and it needs to be addressed. But it has to be done across the board and even handed. No small task, and not one that is easy to understand, much less solve. For those that say that the only other choice was McCain, you are wrong. There are and will be candidates in the lesser known parties that are well qualified but don't get the media attention that they need to compete with the mainstream politicians. All I can say is that if you want to change the way it is, get involved. Show up, make your voice heard.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

He's half Jewish and half Black, but for some reason nobody ever talks about his Jewish blood

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Hey, I'm with you on the President. Don't care for him, and that's putting it nicely. But I'd be careful spouting your racist diatribe around those "black kids" who you are supposedly helping. Oh, I know, you're NOT racist... and the Sun is a giant orange.

Why not use your energy to spout your anger at the real racist policies that oppress Black people, like the unethical loaning practices that Realspoke described, or the Drug War, or the justice system that is seemingly acting as a staff-employer for the prison industry? No... those couldn't be the real racist policy's now could they? It's the dedicating a small percentage of tax payers money towards educating the most disadvantaged kids in America which is MOST racist, isn't that right!? (sarcasm ended)

Yawn... time to go play with some ignoramouses somewhere else, you're too easy.

See, this is just it - what have I said that's racist? To criticize a policy that obviously highlights/targets a specific ethnic group (which btw is the epitome of racism) is now called racist because why? I'd be a champion of rights if the policy was to take funding/support AWAY from a specific ethnic group, but because it is targeted at "helping" a minority group, it's suddenly magically delicious? Don't be obtuse.

Hey, I agree with you about existing policies that are oppressive. There is a concerted effort in this country to try and keep specific minority groups down and dependent. But this post's intent wasn't to rant about all the wrongs of our domestic policy - it was highlighting one specific issue that's new and happening now.

Your whole argument is essentially "there are a lot of other bad things, why are you not complaining about them! You're racist!"

This is tu quoque in an effort to avoid the actual discussion.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by DCLXVI
reply to post by gncnew

This is like saying Obama is only the President of U.S soldiers for creating a council that will better deal with PTS.

O.... M.... G....

Really? It is? No, that would be if he made this edict saying he was creating a council for "STUDENTS" not just black students.

You have incorrectly analyzed the content of this post - or in other words:
"You're Doing It Wrong!"

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Let me help since you're having a hard time:

You said:

lmaf, and lol...ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL the WHITE presidents that looked after all its white people for the last 100 years plus, and now... its a problem with a black president looking out for the black populace for a change. 3 years out of 400 years, like…are you serious with this cry baby BS thread.

This statement seems to indicate that you feel because of previous oppression and/or wrongs, it's morally, or principally wrong to now criticize a decision made by a president that is made upon the same premise as previous wrongs.

To which I then replied:

Meaning that I completely disagree with the assertion that the obviously race-oriented policy decision discussed in this post is wrong and counter to the American belief and system that is in place today.

You presumed that a real or perceived relationship between things means that one is the cause of the other. But more importantly you feel that one justified the other... I assume you can vote, and thus, sadly we're all doomed.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by DCLXVI

Using your logic i would say you are racist against white people for tutoring black kids in majority
edit on 26-7-2012 by DCLXVI because: (no reason given)

Wrong, I don't target black kids. I go to the local elementary school that has low funding. This school happens to be predominately black. Thus I tutor mostly black kids.

Get it? That's how you're supposed to do it. Not target a race, target a system or problem. If the POTUS would have said he was creating a program for at-risk kids to be better preapred for HS, we're all good.

But he didn't. He created an office specifically for black kids. That's a damn problem.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join