It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Derecho ~ Severe Storm Threat in Midwest/Northeast Thursday

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
We crossed the squall line while driving up through the Northern quarter of NJ. The temp indicator of the car went from 92 to 69 degrees F, in 20 minutes! At home we currently have no power, 100+ year old oaks have been split around town. The generator is running and cable/Internet is actually working. It was a wicked looking front.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by laughingdog

Storming bad here coming down by the buckets... You know what would be cool?... A fish and/or frog fall!

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Storm Peeps...stay safe. Far away from big glass windows with trees over them. Sleep in areas of your home not under big trees.Fill your bathtub with water in case power goes out. you can use this water to flush your toilets.

You are all in my Prayers....

Des

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Sorry I did not see this post sooner. I'm in MD near DC. We saw some mild thunderstorms, and that was about it. Some areas could have had short power outages since trees are still in bad shape and some are damaged from the last storm. There were some heavy rains and short duration of sustained gusts but nothing like last time. I hope your family is doing well.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
How did everyone fare?

Hope the new yorkers and pennsylvanians are ok. You guys got nailed.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I am about 10 miles south of Philadelphia and the last one that rolled through was CRAZY!!! You could tell it was a different kind of storm from the start. It was very strong and the lighting and thunder were very strange. We usually watch these storms roll in as a family. Its just something we do. This storm actually had my 10 year old in tears, sitting on my lap, covering his ears and shaking so hard. I have never seen him like that before and now when any storm comes through he is scared...just because of that one night.

I do think that it is weird that I never heard the word "Derecho" before that storm and now I have seen it in the news like 3 times and now this one.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join