It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Third World Population Boom - Is it time to Sterilise the "Useless Eaters?"

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dreine
If not for greed human hunger would be a non-issue. Food is not only a life staple, it is a commodity to be traded and sold to satisfy the greed that so many people have.
Same thing applies to many other countries who are also part of the bread basket except they do not rot but sell it at a higher price by creating artificial inflation. Its the corrupted government of many other countries that are keeping their citizens hungry as well.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Anyone spying the pro-UN threads on ATS lately…

OP you need to be sterilized.

Between this and the pro-UN prostitution thread I am utterly disgusted.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Osiris1953
reply to post by Pedro4077

No education, no prospects, no money, no food... I don't know, a life that miserable, I can understand why there is so much sex happening. Sounds like the only escape they have from the misery that is life.

They need help and education, not human rights violations.

Actually, they have big families so that they can support the family. With a big family there is hopefully many people able to work, and bring in income. Children die of malnutrition and diseases which requires them to produce a big family. So, it's more of a case of sex for procreation.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Not sure if this has been addressed yet, this isn't going to be a popular point of view either but it is a fact.

We( the rest of the world) have been feeding these people longer than I have been alive. They chose to fight amongst themselves, rape their women, kill entire ethnic groups etc.....

They choose the suffering of their own people over prosperity. Every single country in Africa is ina sorry state because they choose to live that way, things could have been different a hundred times, they have been given thousands of hands up, they are only looking for hand outs. So their warlords can steal the food shipments and use it as a bargaining chip.

See somalia 1990s. The facts are plain to see, it isn't the responsibility of all the other peoples of the earth to keep feeding these people for another hundred years. They already got hand outs for the last 3 generations of their people. They don't want things to be different, if they did they would be.

I don't really like it, but it is reality. My liking doesn't make it any more or less true.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by inverslyproportional
They already got hand outs for the last 3 generations of their people. They don't want things to be different, if they did they would be.

"They?" Who is "They?" Is it the the warlords you speak of? Or is it that child, that HUMAN LIFE on the ground while a damn vulture waits in the background for the "Useless Eater" to finally do the honourable thing and just die.

Here's that picture in case you forget it:

That is a child, a human life with prospects, hopes, dreams... snubbed because she doesn't have enough TO #ING EAT!? ARE YOU KIDDING ME!? We spend more in a day of warfighting to feed these people for life but we have no qualms with chasing oil, gas, natural resources with our war apparatus.

I honestly don't get it. In that picture I don't see some kid in a far off land that doesn't concern me, it DOES concern me. I see my own child in that picture, my own child scrabbling in the dirt for a tiny bit of sustenance while a vulture waits in the background for her to fail in her task and provide an easy meal. "They..." They indeed. Is she "They?" You mention in your post that the money we send has a tendency to head to warlords and despots, ask yourself this, "Why are we only sending money?" Wouldn't we be far better sending money whose use was enforced by a few thousand Marines?
edit on 26-7-2012 by PW229 because: Edit: I have researched this photograph and found that is was a girl so replaced "He, his with she, her" I apologise unreservedly for this oversight. I have also found that the photographer assisted this young girl and she resumed her trek to a feeding centre after he kicked the vulture away. Tragically, the photographer (Kevin Carter) went on to commit suicidein 1994.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

You're being a racist, narrow-minded person to blame those who are starving. It's not their faults. Much of the continent of Africa is/has been exploited and there are drug-fueled mercenaries who are doing the bidding of western corporations in order to mine precious metals, gems, etc. These conflicts are due to the selfishness of the few. Do not dehumanize others. Instead feel compassion and try to help them.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

You talk just like Hitler. Are you a Neo-Nazi? Just asking? White Supremacist? Again just asking?

Actually we do have enough food. People are in that condition because of their local governments. Would you propose we take over all those countries? How?

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Well, it should be better when there where are less people, but this will be solved just naturally in the end, sadly.

It's just a subject which can't be talked about but really it's so much better, less people which means less problems and a nicer life for everyone.

But since this of course won't be thought about how we could get less people, let alone talk about, nature will sort it out the hard way soonish anyways.

CX

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I've been on ATS a few years now, and this is without doubt one of the most hideous threads i've seen yet.

Any one of us could have easily been in their shoes, we are just lucky to not be. I don't care how crap your life is right now, what you've been through or what you're going through, the fact that you're able to be online and be a member here shows that you will never have it as bad as those in those pics.

I've never used the ignore button since i joined here, i feel there is something to learn from even the most ignorant person.....usually. However if the ignore button is still a feature, as the say, there's a first time for everything.

I think the OP should go the these third world countries and give lectures oh how fortunate a position we are in to decide a persons fate like that. If any of our countries ever ended up like that, and the way things are going, it wouldn't surprise me, can you imagine someone in another country talking about you like this when all you need is a little food, water and help?

Disgusting.

CX.

edit on 26/7/12 by CX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I DISAGREE!
Imagine how many brilliant minds die in those countries every year Due to Hunger, or some stupid thing that could have easly prevented.

How many Davinci's or Van Gogh;s has the world never got to see because of the greed of people?
How much information was lost in those minds Because they never had a chance to grow?

It deeply saddens me to the core to know that so many are left to Rot, While the food that could nurish them rots in a silo

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

The reason why they have so many children is the same reason people in the US in the 17 and 1800's used to have so many children. Because most of them never lived past childhood. These people used to not have a problem feeding themselves but when something valuable is found on their land they get forced off it to places that they cannot survive on.

In a world that can easily grow enough food to feed everyone it is sickening that children starve just because there is no profit in feeding them.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Would all of you who are so indignantly sure that we can and should continue to subsidise poor countries, give up half your money, salary, savings to feed these people? I often hear people say that we could feed the world, then they say "we" ought to. Who is we? Are you suggesting that we should forcibly take the money of Americans and feed the world with that money?

I think that we should have a new system in this country. From now on people that want to support people in this country that don't work, can do so voluntarily, the same with feeding poor countries, you can do so voluntarily. But if you sign up to do this and money runs a little short then more of your money will be taken to bridge this shortfall.

Otherwise what you're all suggesting is armed robbery. The US welfare system is armed robbery for that matter, who here would volunteer their money to go feed and support a bunch of people that don't really want to work?

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Speaking as a dedicated sole parent, even with all the flack I have recieved, I stand by my thread (beliefs) 100%

My son came into my care at the age of 18 months, (he is now 14) after the "Jehovah's Witness drove my partner to the point of insanity". (My thoughts on the JW is a whole thread in itself).

I could have done what a lot of other so called fathers have done, which is cut and run - but no not me.

I believe if you bring life into this world it is your responsibility to give this blessing every bit of your heart and soul.

This is what angers me about the Third World Population Boom. Why bring life - multipal times into such a harsh world only to see misery and death.

And to all the angry posters who say I should be "Sterilized", I would do it gladly, rather than see a life of Misery, Hunger and Eventual Death to a Cherished Child.
edit on 26-7-2012 by Pedro4077 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

Gods, this poster would personally orchestrate the Hunger Games.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Read my post above you, I am not the Monster everybody is making me out to be.
edit on 26-7-2012 by Pedro4077 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Stop. Replying.

He's a troll. Just stop.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

RAPES with no contraception or access to abortions is NOT exactly

"Breeding Like Rabbits"

I am totally appalled by this thread and it's stars. But not surprised. There's never just one roach.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I have mixed feelings on this. On one hand the situation has never gotten better throughout the years by any attempt and now seems to be worsening, so I think we should try and fix the problem before bringing more children into the world that are born to suffer. Sterilization? Well birth control doesn't/won't work, so what is left. Most of those people live in inhospitable environments, lacking fresh water and food resources, so I think we should either change the environment with technology, move the people to better locations or address the continued population growth, which again has not worked thus far with traditional efforts.

I do wonder how much an education would make a difference, but in an environment with no jobs, what good does it do to become aware of just how screwed you are, and how so many others have it better? Sure one can chose to leave and find a better life, but that doesn't really change things enough back in the homeland/villages. Unless, the ones that left for a better life were able to send money back home, but I don't know how much of a difference that would make. Does money make a difference when you live in a desert? Could they buy things or would the warlords or competing villages just take it and continue the killing?

I think a multi-faceted approach may be best, applying all the things mentioned, education, environment, possible relocation, technology and volunteer sterilization. But continued rampant pregnancies now and during a process of change seem to weigh things down. You can never stop the sex drive either, especially in such dire situations, it is one of the only joys left.

The only sterilization I could accept is voluntary, not with any incentive other than an effort to reduce the suffering not only for the children, but the villages too.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I saw this thread from the very beginning and didn't want to respond until I calmed down. There is no reason for me to read the other posts, as I am sure they have been putting you in your place, and for those that gave stars and flags, can do so anonymously... what a shame.

First I dont think that you even know who the term "useless eaters" is for, because if you did you would know that that term also implies YOU!!

What "useless eaters" are you referring too? Do you feed these children? Is part of your paycheck getting sent there, and they are using to buy kool-aid, and chips?

If not then you need to check yourself. That term is used by the elites to refer to people that have the gall to make threads like this, and think so highly of themselves, but dont realize that they have the same worth as those that are starving in Africa.

There are lots of women that have no protection and are repeatedly raped to have children to fight in wars that even we (and YOU) help to inspire. With the time that it took you to write this thread, you could have done a few things, Im going to help you on this one...

ONE... You could have done some research and found out what useless eaters meant.

TWO... You could have found a local charity for women that are raped, and sent a few bucks.

THREE... You could have thought for one second that maybe ATS wasn't the community of stupid people that would actually applaud this type of thread.

And for those that starred and flagged this, by all means dont think that this means that you have the majority on this one, if stars and flags we NOT anonymous, do you think that you would have even gotten one??

What a shame, and real shame.

NRE.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Well put.

I am sick to my stomach. How disgusting.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join