Third World Population Boom - Is it time to Sterilise the "Useless Eaters?"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pedro4077

Third World Population Boom - Is it time to Sterilise the "Useless Eaters?"

The trouble with this is that human beings are socially heirarchical with the inherant instinct to see to the survival of their own offspring first. Because of this, if you had authority to decide who the "useless eaters" are to anyone, it will be ultimately determined by the elite few who have the resources to influence what the criteria are. The power will be abused, even by the needs-of-the-many-society-as-a-whole justifiers. The sterilization of certain members of the human race will not serve the human race as a whole, but only a few individuals and their progeny.

Hello? Is there anybody Home? What the Hell is wrong with you people? You have no food, you have no assets, and you have no future plan, yet you continue to Breed like Rabbits. Must the World continue to Hand Feed you year after year?

Personally, I think that the above idiotic diatribe officially categorizes you as a Useless Eater. It would kind of suck for you if I was one of those select few deciding the criteria that merited sterilization. Lucky for you eugenics became so unpopular after WWII.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I wouldn't call them useless eaters.

I do not wish to sound harsh on this topic but, I am personally tired of all of the "feed the children" commercials on the tube.

I do not live well off. I just had to call the cable company and hold off on the cable and internet bill until next week because the power bill was so damn expensive.

I struggle to make ends meet. I just had biscuits and gravy for dinner, not steak.

If I am ever in a better situation as to where I have the means to help out, I will. I would like to also add that I believe in taking care of my homeland first and help out the needy here in the states first and formost, then we should help out others. I know that it is not a popular belief, but these people have been like this for a long long time.

They need the education and resources to make their life better not 20 cents a day, that buys a bowl of rice and they are left in the same situation tomorrow. It does not fix the problem, it prolongs the problem.

I know that I am better off than many in this world. But I also know that I bust my azz in the 105 degree heat, on rooftops to pay the bills.

I am sorry that their situation is so bad, but life is tough and I have to take care of my family first. If you are starving and come over or give me a call I can give you some (what little) of noodles and rice, maybe a can of soup or tomatoes I have in the cupboard. I think I got some ramen. I have done it before and I will not hesitate to do it again.

I am not heartless but one cannot save the whole world and I definitely cannot feed all of the children.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Pedro4077

Wow amazing. You actually think this way? Maybe I read this wrong. When you were a kid don't you remember your innocense? Don't you remember having compassion, and sympathy to others in need? Where's your humanity? What's happened to you? Until it's actually to the point where for some strange reason we all are boxed in so tight that we're like sardines, then we need to exercise our humanity and compassion. A person's humanity and decency should be at the very top of there every day life. Once you've lost your humanity you don't have anything left worth anything. Remember the golden rule do unto others as you would have others do unto you.

You seriously need to take a good look in the mirror. Having a balanced life is keep to healthy living. And at the top of that life needs to be love, compassion, sympathy, humanity, decency, kindness for others. What those people need is food water education and infrastructure. Not mad scientists wanting to parachute in to staralize them. they need help not victimization. They've already been victimized by war lords, oppression, inequality, draught, starvation, lack of education, decease, etc etc etc.

Have some humanity dude. Here you are drinking a super big gulp eating 5 chilly chonga's and a couple mars bars playing on the internet in a nice cozy air conditioned room and complaining about how these are excess mouths?

LIKE ARE YOU FREAKING SERIOUS BUDDY? WHERES YOUR HUMANITY?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by James1982

Originally posted by tallcool1

How about we sterilise the selfish, gluttonous masses instead and then give the excess food that Dreine was referring to to those who truly need it.

That wouldn't work. Why? Because the "gluttonous masses" as you call them are the ones that PRODUCE all that food. "gluttonous masses" go away, so does all your food, services, goods, pretty much everything. gluttonous masses make this world go round, without them it all falls apart.

Anyway,

I'll never understand the mentality to not only reproduce, but reproduce at such an extreme level when you cannot even take care of yourself. "I cannot feed, clothe, or shelter myself, so might as well bring a bunch more people into this world who will lead a life of misery and hunger"

Who does that? Why would you reproduce unless you have a stable environment in which to raise your children? Why reproduce unless you are pretty certain you will be able to provide for your children? It's just wrong, and it's making problems worse. When you have limited resources the answer is NOT to create a LARGER demand on those resources, is it?

There are plenty of ways for people to be intimate and still greatly reduce the chance of having children. So there is no excuse. Why is it our responsibility to feed these people? Isn't it their parents responsibility to NOT have children if they can't support them?

Anyone care to explain how having children when you know you won't be able to provide for them is in any way moral, right, compassionate, or good in ANY way? It's a terrible thing to do. The blame rests on the people reproducing. Stop having kids if you can't care for them.

That goes for people in the US as well as people in Africa. I don't care where you live, if you can't support a child, DON'T have one!

Maybe you could ask the Catholic Church what are their efforts in this department?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
You know - the thing that bothers me the most about posts like these? (other than the fact that the OP is obviously a little out of it to be calling anyone a "useless eater"

The thing that bothers me is that the idea that the human population will outstrip available resources has been around for a very very long time. About 300 years ago with a fellow named Thomas Robert Malthus.

en.wikipedia.org...

He was generally of the opinion that it was evidence of his "good-heartedness" that poor people be given no charity, thus ensuring their early death and relieve them of the suffering that they would otherwise experience in their miserable live.

Robert Malthus, calculated that since food production only increased arithmatically, and human population increased geometrically, there must inevitably be a time when famine would stalk all. Therefore, it was better to let the poor die then to risk the entire population.

But Robert Malthus was wrong (obviously). Food production did increase to feed the vast majority of the population.

And every proponent of the Multhus theory has been wrong since. This includes most recently Erlich of the Population Bomb in the 1960s.

en.wikipedia.org...

As people in developing countries continue to progress toward prosperity, then we can expect fertility rates to decrease. This is the history of the world. People without money have lots of children to ensure survival. As the family grows beyond survival mode, fertility rates drop. Already the word population is expected to stabilize at about 9 billion people in the 2050s.

As developed countries decrease population, there will also be room for immigration.

en.wikipedia.org...

The trouble with predicting the future is that people are almost always WRONG.

I still remember the prediction in the early 1900s when somebody calculated that at present population growth, New York would be buried 7 stories deep in horse manure. Of course, that person could not predict the invention of automobiles.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dreine
If the United States and Russia wanted, their massive wheat fields could feed the ENTIRE world 5 times over.
Every year millions of pounds of wheat are allowed to rot in silos so as to keep the food market 'stable'... IE, profitable.

This is true for MOST years. With the extreme drought this year, the statistics will vary.

If not for greed human hunger would be a non-issue. Food is not only a life staple, it is a commodity to be traded and sold to satisfy the greed that so many people have.

OK, say lets say I agree with you. Why should we feed these people that breed and breed with no idea as to how they are going to feed/provide for their children. Where do you draw the line?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

I know you weren't addressing me but I felt moved to reply.We do it because it is the right thing to to do. If one of us suffers it is the suffering of us all, there is a connection unseen that connects us all. I would not draw a line because I can't. I fail to distinguish between where I begin and end. I would give them the food off my own plate and go hungry if it came to that. Let us be hungry together because in truth we are not apart. My inability to change things cuts me like a knife.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Pedro4077

People just stop. Stop replying to this thread.

Pedro4077 has started two threads including this one. A quote from his other thread:

When you look at the top 20 Religions in the world, based on the amount of people who practice them, not one of them originated in a "White" country.

Don't reply anymore.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeReK DaRkLy

Producers produce because they have the freedom to.
When governments monopolize production, people are forced into the singular role of consumer.

So don't sign on with one of those left wing systems where the government takes over the means of production, and you ought to be good to go.

Also..
Most producers produce for profit, with hope that they can consume the finer things in life.
Again,.we are all consumers. Some see their "wants" as being more important than others' needs.

I don't care what their motive for being a producer is. it's enough that they produce - or else no consumers would survive. The "needs" or "wants" of others is not my concern. They should look to those things themselves.

*What if we all produced, not for profit, but for the sake of everyone?

Then we would be in one of those left-wing totalitarian systems. Good luck with that - I'm not signing on for it.

If I don't produce anything to trade, I don't expect to garner anything to consume. The alternative is to consume what I produce in equilibrium, and I'm good with that, too.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147

Originally posted by nenothtu

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147

Hello? Is there anybody Home? What the Hell is wrong with you people? You have no food, you have no assets, and you have no future plan, yet you continue to Breed like Rabbits.

They also have no contraception.

Everyone has contraception. Mine is called a "zipper". I don't pop it open if I can't feed a kid that such opening might produce.

My bad. I was looking at practical considerations. I didn't realize we live in a dream world where we can simply ask 3 billion people to abstain from sex.

I'm not asking them to do anything at all - I'm saying that if they can't control themselves, I'm not making the issue of THEIR lack of control MY problem. They can do as they will, and deal with the consequences of their own actions themselves.

edit on 2012/7/26 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I'm all for reducing the world population and sterilizing people; Starting with the people pushing the world population reduction and the sterilizing of the people pushing sterilization.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dreine
If the United States and Russia wanted, their massive wheat fields could feed the ENTIRE world 5 times over.
Every year millions of pounds of wheat are allowed to rot in silos so as to keep the food market 'stable'... IE, profitable.

This is true for MOST years. With the extreme drought this year, the statistics will vary.

If not for greed human hunger would be a non-issue. Food is not only a life staple, it is a commodity to be traded and sold to satisfy the greed that so many people have.

Yes, let's start feeding all the world and hey while we're at it let's make sure everyone eats as well as the average American. Boy, it sure feels good to help feed the poor children. I guess it doesn't really matter that it could lead to the population explosion getting even worse, which in turn could cause A) massive famine on drought years or B) at some point the population will be so large that we have to start prioritizing on who to feed, once again causing hunger and violence on a massive scale (rising food prices was a major contributor to the "Arab spring").

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   

The World's poorest country's have the World's largest population growth

Year after year, decade after decade it seems that the World's Poorest Countries continue their Population Explosion.

Hello? Is there anybody Home? What the Hell is wrong with you people? You have no food, you have no assets, and you have no future plan, yet you continue to Breed like Rabbits. Must the World continue to Hand Feed you year after year?

What do the ATSers think?.

List of countries by population growth rate

The World’s Richest and Poorest Countries

List of countries by future GDP

edit on 25-7-2012 by Pedro4077 because: spelling

I think it's high time the world sterilized you.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Instead of replying to an online website, why don't you guys spend 10 to 15 minutes contemplating volunteering at a food shelter. The comments you make here might be valid but its completely useless in the real life we all endure.

You don't need to donate money, most food pantries just need people. It's easy and you'd be surprised at how many nice people you meet. Not everyone is a dead beat. Some are of course. Nobody talks about the old lady that has no children and had the husband die this year. You never hear about that. You never hear of the middle aged man that got divorced and his two kids never talk to him.

We have people right here, in your city. In your neighborhood. They need help too.

Not taking away from the africa aspect of it, they need help too.

All I'm saying is, the more you give, the more you get. I'm serious. Try it.
edit on 26-7-2012 by litterbaux because: Edit: Online website. I wrote that above. Sometimes I write too fast. I'm my biggest critic. I laugh at myself all the time.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
The "useless eaters" were the senior population. They already can't have kids. No sterilization needed.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I think its time to sterilise the fat greedy people of the world who hog all the resources from everybody else.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Imperialists shouldn't have raped Africa to begin with. They were fine before the rapists showed up.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
It is absolute proof that the human race will reproduce despite not being able to foresee they don't have the resource acquisition to care for their children adequately.

Couple this with rape and psuedo rape (forced marriages and culture where women are just cattle), Catholic doctrine banning contraception and abortion, ignorance and poverty it is inevitable.

There are ppl in 1st world countries leeching off the tax payer to bring up their children and that's living in a country where education and access to birth control is supposedly the best.

Also don't target 3rd worlders, start at home and sort your own house out first with all the poor ppl there, but that would target a disproportionate amount of brown skinned ppl and wouldn't look good.

/end rant.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
The food is there for everyone. But it just gets buried.

July 25, 2012
Orange farmers in New South Wales have dumped huge quantities of fruit, saying they can't sell it.

Crisis for citrus growers forced to dump fruit

love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I do not know why everyone gets all upset. The do-gooders mean well but can't see what is bleeding obvious.

I do know that there is a solution, said solution is out of our hands and it will effect all of us. Mother Nature will always solve over population in any species. Several bad farming years in a row added to the stupidity of growing for bio-fuel instead of food will fix the problem easily enough. Only takes a month or two, possibly more if one eats the dead.

Be very certain, Mother Nature will fix this!

P
edit on 26-7-2012 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join