It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Congress OVERWHELMINGLY Passes Ron Paul's Bill to Audit Fed Reserve

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

It really makes me laugh when FOX News tries to portray itself as somehow outside the MSM.

The only way FOX is outside the MSM is that FOX is not an accredited news organization, meaning that they don't have to check things like, for instance, FACTS, before putting them on air.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Well the House did it's job, for a change, but the article is already claiming it has no chance in the Senate. Don't get me wrong, am happy it passed the House, and support Ron Paul 100%. But the fact of the matter is it likely will end up as some watered down legislation with no teeth, and ultimately be ineffective with a coffee house bribe to the enforcers. The Fed will always find a way out to continue its unregulated control over the money supply, with no accountability.

The bill, which has 270 co-sponsors, passed 327 to 98. All but one Republican -- Rep. Bob Turner of New York -- voted for it, along with 89 Democrats.

While I hate to be partisan here, facts lead to results. 97 Democrats and 1 Republican didn't bite their corporate masters' hands. There's zero chance that enough Democrats will pass it in the Senate.

Following are the traitors to the free Republic of the United States. Some names on there that should not surprise anyone: Conyers, Waxman, Pelosi, Rangel.

Final Vote Results for Roll Call 513 (HR 459)

Nays:
Ackerman
Andrews
Bass (CA)
Becerra
Blumenauer
Bonamici
Brady (PA)
Brown (FL)
Butterfield
Capps
Capuano
Cardoza
Carney
Carson (IN)
Castor (FL)
Chu
Cleaver
Clyburn
Conyers
Cooper
Crowley
Cummings
Davis (CA)
Davis (IL)
DeGette
DeLauro
Deutch
Dicks
Dingell
Edwards
Ellison
Engel
Eshoo
Fattah
Frank (MA)
Fudge
Gonzalez
Gutierrez
Hanabusa
Hastings (FL)
Himes
Hinchey
Holt
Hoyer
Israel
Johnson (GA)
Johnson, E. B.
Kaptur
Keating
Kind
Larsen (WA)
Larson (CT)
Lee (CA)
Levin
Lewis (GA)
Lowey
Maloney
Markey
Matsui
McCollum
McDermott
Meeks
Miller (NC)
Miller, George
Moore
Napolitano
Neal
Olver
Pallone
Pelosi
Peters
Price (NC)
Rangel
Reyes
Rothman (NJ)
Roybal-Allard
Rush
Ryan (OH)
Sánchez, Linda T.
Sarbanes
Schakowsky
Schwartz
Serrano
Sewell
Shuler
Sires
Slaughter
Stark
Thompson (MS)
Towns
Turner (NY)
Van Hollen
Velázquez
Wasserman Schultz
Watt
Waxman
Wilson (FL)
Woolsey

/TOA

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Well the House did it's job, for a change, but the article is already claiming it has no chance in the Senate. Don't get me wrong, am happy it passed the House, and support Ron Paul 100%. But the fact of the matter is it likely will end up as some watered down legislation with no teeth, and ultimately be ineffective with a coffee house bribe to the enforcers. The Fed will always find a way out to continue its unregulated control over the money supply, with no accountability.

Yes but, we have to TRY it the legal way first.
We have to at least say we tried to play by the rules first before the American people go to plan "B".
We have to exaust ALL options before the next step is taken.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

I totally agree, Wookiep!

Right now I'd like to call that women a "something" that is the most loathsome, noxious word to females there is.

Makes me sick when interviewers like her try, despite the fact that Ron Paul has been gracious enough to grant the interview, to make Ron Paul seem like he is in the wrong, or try to make a fool out of him. AND THEY GET BURNED BY RON PAUL EVERY SINGLE TIME!!! HAHAHA. I am amazed the networks even have the fortitude to put some ridiculous sleeze like that in front of such knowledge. Cause every time they do it, the networks look like the total asses they are, and lose another many viewers, and lose public trust.

Can't mess with the good Dr. Nope. So stop trying, you stupid network slimeballs.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by WookiepWow, what a horrible interviewer! She tried to challenge Ron Paul on the FED and then went on to put words in his mouth?? Pro Bernanke much Fox news? Good thing Paul set her straight, but wow. I can't even watch the MSM for 5 minutes anymore.

edit on 25-7-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

Hahaha! I don't know why they keep trying, Ron Paul owns them every time, the guy is sharp as a razor! The best part was when she asked him about any current bailout and he answers you wouldn't know would ya?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Those voting against the audit are against you.We will know by their votes who are for or against the people!If we have any hope of reclaiming this country we must start here and win.Let those against know they will not have job security next elections.We can still win,is crunch time...

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Conyers and Levin... tools.

What I'm counting the days to find out is if and/or how tptb force their last minions into doing their will.

I just have this sickening feeling that this might be what culminates in the final war for freedom.
If "they" are nearly as powerful as what so many guess them to be, it won't be so easy to win this battle.

So many around the globe have cried Revolution for a while now. It would be a fascinating, and devastating thing to find out how many will put their sword into action.

I hope, I pray that this will be the beginning of a peaceful revolution which will bring to justice those who have been yanking the people. Not just Americans, nope. But people everywhere.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SangriaRed

That war will have the People support even more than WWII. They will have no place to hide! I hope that I'll live to see this day come!

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

I agree! Im glad this was passed, But it's sad that when they start this Audit & find out just how much money WE dont have, It will strike a Fatal blow to the already weak Econemy, & yes get ready for the Amero At that point.

Its prob already planned out that way, which is why it probaly passed in the first place.

But here is hoping some good can come from it in the long Run....

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
So the news tells us its not gonna happen and we should all just listen and play nicely?

We would've have gotten to this point with over 2/3s of the house supporting this bill if we just listened to everything the government and news told us.

We continue marching, the way to get this into the Senate is through the Senate Banking committee. A democratic senator Johnson from South Dakota holds the key to all of this.

If you live in South Dakota, please let the news, radio and various media outlets know about S202 and to put pressure on Senator Johnson to pass this through the Senate Banking committee.

I can't believe how passive some of you are being, the federal reserve charter is up and I'm willing to bet that Ron Paul planned this audit to be completed before 2012 before the renewal of the federal reserve charter. We have an opportunity to end the madness and restore power to congress to coin our currency without debt or interest.

DON'T JUST GIVE UP BECAUSE THEY TOLD YOU TO.

edit on 25-7-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein
reply to post by babybunnies

So tell me why anyone wouldn't want someone like this, who is trying to find the issues with America to solve, running our country?

I am still as I have always been 100% for Ron Paul......We need this man as our president!!

Good job Dr. Paul for setting this into action!!

Exactly. Here's to all the Ron Paul haters here on ATS, Ron Paul almost has Washington DC in agreement to audit the Fed. Well, would ya look at that, he's doing something productive. The haters like to always point out that Ron Paul has accomplished not much during his years in office, but they can't say that no more. Who else but Ron Paul has the balls to want to audit that Fed? Apparently now all Republicans (save 1 ass from NY) & 89 Democrats are jumping on board!

Bravo Dr. Paul, congratulations on a job well done!

edit on 25-7-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
"Permit me to issue and control the money of a nation, and I care not who makes its laws."

Mayer Amschel Rothschild

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I was pretty pleased with the news until I realized that I wasn't 100% sure I knew what "Audit the Fed" meant.

CNN has an article on it which has changed my mind to "Well, ummm, I don't know, let me think about it." Here's part of the article:

It's important though not to confuse the aim of the bill with a financial audit. The Federal Reserve's finances are already audited every year by an independent accounting firm. (Last year it was Deloitte and Touche). The central bank also publishes its balance sheet every Thursday online.

Instead, what Paul is aiming for is a full investigation of the way the Fed determines monetary policy.

Those deliberations currently take place behind closed doors. Minutes are released with a three-week lag, and full transcripts are published only five years after the fact.

Bernanke, speaking at a hearing about the economy and monetary policy Wednesday, said he prefers to keep it that way to protect the Fed's independence. Having Congressional investigators in the room could "create a political influence" and have a "chilling effect," the Chairman said.

Bernanke said he could envision a "nightmare scenario" where Congress would disagree with a Fed decision on interest rates and try to get other agencies, such as the Government Accountability Office, to review it.

Current law also protects the Federal Reserve from audits that reveal transactions with foreign central banks and governments, the reserves of its member banks and discussions among its employees about these issues.
money.cnn.com...
The Supreme Court doesn't make it's deliberations public, to help shield it from outside influence and politics, and we accept it. Maybe the Fed .....?

Of course, you may already know all this, but it's left me uncertain. Any help?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

A Ben Bernanke 'nightmare scenario" is a sweet thing for the rest of us.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

My thoughts on this are one of two things)

A) Dr. Paul really is a man of the people, and the legislation is either not passed, or watered down beyond belief before passing
Or
B) Dr. Paul really is the controlled opposition many believe him to be (I'm undecided on this, but if he's not, I wonder who is), and this is the springboard to the total collapse of the economy and the introduction of the Amero

Also, I have not read the bill, but regarding "nay" votes on this....

A) some Dem opposition had to be shown to make the whole fight to audit the "fed" look legit, for a better flow when "B" above happens
Or
B) there's some really seedy language tucked in the bill. I.e. "audit the fed - also, organic foods are outlawed, and everyone must get a flu vaccine twice a year, and use ethano, in their cars"
Or
C) there's just that many congressmen who either openly despise America, or won't vote for anything coming from a Republican, or, are afraid of the death, destruction, famine, and world war which would be the result of any true "fed" audit.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Yea, you're buying into the democratic opposition talking points. If you go back to watch the debate in congress over this bill, the media talking points and the emails sent out in response to constituents writing to their democratic representation, they all say the same thing. Do they really want to keep outside influences from the fed making decisions? or is that just an excuse to cover up their sorry sell-out selves?

Ron Paul has said many times that he states explicitly in the bill that congress will not interfere with certain things, he even says that politics is already involved when the fed picks and chooses which companies succeed and/or fail even if they have been bad bad boys.

You can bet your stars that what he wants is full exposure of their decision making process, now they will think twice before loaning 16 trillion dollars because they can't do it in secrecy anymore.

The federal reserve charter is up this year. The charter lasts ONE HUNDRED YEARS and we have an opportunity to stop its renewal.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by dogstar23

Its not like Ron Paul makes sure his bill is kept as secret as the feds decision to bailout in the trillions. Wouldn't it be better to read the bill before assuming it has seedy language? lol

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
So here's my thoughts. An Audit on the FED would be theoretically bad for TPTB, so why is everyone jumping on board to make this happen? Option A= TPTB have lost influence within the government. Option B= TPTB want this to happen. I think it's B. So why would they want this to happen?

Is it possible this will be what crashes the system? Is the FED going to act as "the falls guys" for the whole disaster there after? With the imminent crash of Spain and Europe, a crash of the US all at the same time could be the last piece of the puzzle.

So why would TPTB want to crash the economic world? Well there's countless of conspiracies floating around, but we might get a chance to find out sooner rather than later.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

the federal reserve charter is up and I'm willing to bet that Ron Paul planned this audit to be completed before 2012 before the renewal of the federal reserve charter.
I was thinking the same thing. He's got some tricks left up his sleeve. And if it all plays out like he hopes then the Federal Reserve is going to crash and burn when all their dirty laundry gets revealed.

Try watching the FOX video on the last page.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

now they will think twice before loaning 16 trillion dollars because they can't do it in secrecy anymore.

Bingo. They want to remain "independent" with no oversight so they can continue with their criminal secretive undermining of the economy. There's absolutely no reason they deserve such independence after it has been shown how absolutely INSANE their decisions have been in the past. They are just little cry babies having a tantrum because they want to continue operating in the shadows, and there's a real threat that some light will be shown onto their operation.
edit on 25/7/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join