It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Congress OVERWHELMINGLY Passes Ron Paul's Bill to Audit Fed Reserve

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by WielderOfTheSwordOfTruth
So here's my thoughts. An Audit on the FED would be theoretically bad for TPTB, so why is everyone jumping on board to make this happen? Option A= TPTB have lost influence within the government. Option B= TPTB want this to happen. I think it's B. So why would they want this to happen?

Is it possible this will be what crashes the system? Is the FED going to act as "the falls guys" for the whole disaster there after? With the imminent crash of Spain and Europe, a crash of the US all at the same time could be the last piece of the puzzle.

So why would TPTB want to crash the economic world? Well there's countless of conspiracies floating around, but we might get a chance to find out sooner rather than later.

not really, they're about to unleash QE3, they want the system to stay afloat as long as they can while they suck the worlds assets and resources dry and take our weapons too.

The banking elites are playing a waiting game and so are we. Both sides needs more time to prepare for the burst of the global financial monetary bubble. If the bubble bursts earlier, it favors the people. If the bubble bursts later while they're collecting assets and building up massive private security..we obviously lose.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

Yeah your probably right, I see what your saying. But what if we're underestimating how early they will act? What if they are done preparing? Maybe they're hand is being forced to act early because of an unexpected higher level of global unrest? Also another thought, what if the date/time they act is not based on logic, but on numerological ritual?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Yeah your probably right, I see what your saying. But what if we're underestimating how early they will act? What if they are done preparing? Maybe they're hand is being forced to act early because of an unexpected higher level of global unrest? Also another thought, what if the date/time they act is not based on logic, but on numerological ritual?

I don't know that but I do know Ron Paul is not at all likely, the controlled opposition.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

I really like Paul and have not doubted him in the past or now, I have always judged him to be honest and sincere. He knows that the FED has to end one way or the other, and its not going to be pretty, and like you said the sooner the better for the people. An audit on the FED will most likely bring an end to the FED faster than not auditing it, therefor all seems good right. I hope. I just have an odd feeling this is part of the plan for them,(one which Paul could very well be in the dark about). A feeling of like, when somethings too easy, it's a trap.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

I really like Paul and have not doubted him in the past or now, I have always judged him to be honest and sincere. He knows that the FED has to end one way or the other, and its not going to be pretty, and like you said the sooner the better for the people. An audit on the FED will most likely bring an end to the FED faster than not auditing it, therefor all seems good right. I hope. I just have an odd feeling this is part of the plan for them,(one which Paul could very well be in the dark about). A feeling of like, when somethings too easy, it's a trap.

Not really, if they wanted audit the fed to be popular and pass, they'd tug the strings for Obama to talk about it and campaign on the audit.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Well apparently it's popular with the people in congress who voted to "overwhelmingly" pass the bill.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Well apparently it's popular with the people in congress who voted to "overwhelmingly" pass the bill.

Thats 31 years of Ron Paul's hard work, if he didn't run for president in 07 and set the precedence to openly discuss and debate federal reserve monetary policy, we wouldn't be where we are today. We now have more than 2/3s of the house demanding transparency of the federal reserve. If anybody remembers the state of this nation before 2007, you couldn't even imagine something like this happening.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

I completely agree, somehow I feel you think I'm against you/Paul, though I'm pretty sure we're on the same page. My mind is just always asking what if this what if that, I always try to analyze things from different angles, things are rarely clear cut, or what they seem to be.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   

I completely agree, somehow I feel you think I'm against you/Paul, though I'm pretty sure we're on the same page. My mind is just always asking what if this what if that, I always try to analyze things from different angles, things are rarely clear cut, or what they seem to be.

Nice!

I was just clarifying what I meant by them calling on Obama to draw in the opposing democratic vote vs Ron Paul's authentic march towards ending the fed.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Who gives a # about this? Does anybody here think that this will bring change? If you have you obviusly don't know alot. Smoke and mirrors. That's all it ever is with politics.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein
reply to post by babybunnies

So tell me why anyone wouldn't want someone like this, who is trying to find the issues with America to solve, running our country?

To answer your question, any who oppose this either don't understand how it really works, or they are a part of the problem.

And not understanding is part of the problem, so pretty much just that.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I would'nt jump just yet. They may have passed the bill to audit the Fed Reserve, does'nt mean it's going to happen in all it's intirity.

For Ron Paul to get the votes, what price did he pay and what deals did he make to bring this about?

Congress is all about wheeling and dealing!

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Lets send a message to harry reid

Forum link

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I'm feeling pessimistic right now so put on your negative aura shielding equipment. From Reuters:

Paul's son, Republican Senator Rand Paul, has introduced a companion bill, but the Democrats who control the Senate do not intend to bring it to a vote, a senior Democratic aide said.

But the aide said Rand Paul was expected to try to force a vote on it as an amendment to other legislation.

www.reuters.com... OK, I'm ready to vote Republican in Senate races, just to get rid of Reid.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
You mean I can finally get my hopes up that there is change coming that I can believe in? One more time? I doubt the fox in the henhouse will give an accurate count of the number of chickens anyway.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I wonder what late night paper shredding session the fed will serve pizza at.....the last time they only served gas station sandwiches.

This is great, lets see how many holes the fed has in the bed sheets shall we?

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Obviously. What did people expect? The government hate all the good things the federal reserve do and what to destroy it.

This "us vs them" mentality that right wing Americans have is excessively hilarious, seeing as you, like Ron Paul, parrot what the government and business class actually want.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
If I was a betting man I would put my money that this doesn't pass the Senate. Don't get me wrong I would love to see it pass, however, knowing how the Fed works I'm sure there will be many last minute deals to get this bill dwindled down to nothing and resent to the house for another vote. It was a victory to pass the house but the Senate is the most bought out paid for politicians ever. Just look at Rand Paul not even he could resist the sellout.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

Not meaning to burst anyone's bubble but:

Auditing is a SAMPLING process. I know because its my job. When you audit something, you have to have a model for comparison i.e. ISO, ISM etc.

Firstly i would like to know what model this audit is based on because if the model isn't right, then the audit of the Fed will make no difference.

I would also like to know what "scoring" is being used? i.e. in my line of work we use 3 different "scores" for issues found, these are:

Observation: Simply meaning that something is observed but no action is required (kind of like noticing it before it becomes a problem - these can be positive in nature too).

Non Conformance: This is a problem that is out of conformity with the law and is assigned a given number of days to be rectified and verified at the next audit that it has been closed out.

Major Non Conformance: This is a major problem that is definitely illegal and needs rectifying immediately and closed out immediately.

So to realise how successful the audit will be, we will first need to see what model is being audited. You can't just go in all guns blazing and look at everything, the audit would never end. Things are sampled and a picture is painted from there. There will ALWAYS be findings so be prepared for a HUGE media over reaction.

edit on 26/7/12 by jrmcleod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
I would'nt jump just yet. They may have passed the bill to audit the Fed Reserve, does'nt mean it's going to happen in all it's intirity.

For Ron Paul to get the votes, what price did he pay and what deals did he make to bring this about?

Congress is all about wheeling and dealing!

If you did even the slightest bit of research before making that post you'd know there were no deals to get this passed. The bill was voted under suspension of rules, meaning a 2/3s vote is required but the bill would NOT be watered down with amendments. NO DEALS. The only price paid and to be paid is hard work to get this passed and it took the efforts of people all over this country to make it happen.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join