It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virginia state senator blames racism for Romney gains

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Yes, another Unbelievable set of statements made by a politician.

This time it's a State senator in Virginia.

The "choice" comments were apparently broadcast on a local radio interview.

Washington Post story -- July 24, 2012

State Sen. L. Louise Lucas (D-Portsmouth), a campaign surrogate for President Obama in Virginia, said Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney is appealing to racists who do not want a black man in the White House.

Asked on a Hampton Roads radio show why the former Massachusetts governor had been able to pull even with President Obama in a recent poll, Lucas said the problem was race.

Now hold the phone a minute "Senator"......

Millions of white people voted for Obama.......right?

The article has quotes......
Va. state senator blames racism for Romney gains

I wonder how many votes this gaffe will cost Obama ?

VA State Senator Louise Lucas (D-Portsmouth) Interview;
The choice words start around 2:20 and get "better" !!
@3:19 she says clearly "It's all about race" !!

VA State Senator Louise Lucas (D) charges racism is driving Romney campaign

Wheeeew !!!!!!

edit on Jul-25-2012 by xuenchen because:

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Racism as an excuse or justification is beyond passe.

Soon enough these dinosaurs who think melatonin levels dictate behavior(s) and attitude(s) will die off.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Without looking, I tried not to read too far, but I'm going to assume this Senator is........... White?

A black Senator wouldn't say such a stupid thing, only the do-gooder, white, liberal democrats would say something like that. And I'm not knocking all liberals, because my political stance is both extreme left, and extreme right, it is the middle I don't like, LOL!

OK, going back to look now!

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
John: Pshhh..... Obama won in 08 because people voted for him because he's black
Alex: What??? That's so racist! What's wrong with you?
Frank: I agree that is racist, but I am voting for Romney this election
Alex? What??? That's so racist, what's wrong with you?
Frank: Say what???

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
As terrible as the comments are, are they surprising? Yes, I suppose they are in that they are more clear cut and concentrated than ususal, but race has always been a part of Obama's career. It was used by the then candidate to win votes, it has been used by his supporters to discourage compalints about him while in office, and it is being used to try to help him get re-elected.

Please note that I am not saying it is the major part of his career, but it has certainly always been there. It will be interesting to see if an elected representative's comments get as much play as an anonymous "advisor's." Especially when her remarks are so clear and publicly broadcasted.

I suspect that race will be used as a part of the explanation if Obama doesn't win.

I understand that ATS is used to this type of comment among it's members, but I had hoped that our representatives were better.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Now isn't this Senator part of Obamas So Called,,,,, Truth Team?

Lucas is a member of Obama’s “Truth Team,” speaking on the president’s behalf on various campaign issues in Virginia.

www.washingtonpost.com...

The Truth Team,

On Monday, the president’s reelection team will unveil a trio of Web sites dedicated to providing supporters with information on the president’s record — and more than a little dirt on his Republican rivals. The campaign has named it Obama’s “Truth Team,” and the goal is to arm millions of surrogates with the facts, figures and talking points they need to engage in ground-level political combat — on their Twitter and Facebook feeds and in old-fashioned conversations with friends and neighbors.

www.washingtonpost.com...

Some Truth Team,,,,, But when as Obama Ever Told the truth?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Dammit, I was wrong!

It happens.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Asked on a Hampton Roads radio show why the former Massachusetts governor had been able to pull even with President Obama in a recent poll, Lucas said the problem was race.

Gee it had nothing to do with the fact that quite a few people have woken up to the lies of the current adminstration, or the fact for millions of Americans things are worse for them.;

Always with the race card when they have nothing else play the race card.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Honestly being a ‘politician’ is the only job you can suck at while being a complete moron and still have a chance at keeping!

edit on 25-7-2012 by ConspiracyBuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Well, I suppose as long as we have people like her speaking on the Presidents' behalf, it will be "all about race". She made it perfectly clear that it took her awhile, but she finally convinced her kids and grand-kids that racism is "alive and well" ( her words) in America, and now she's trying to do the same thing with Americans.

Hearing her talk for 6 minutes left me with the impression that her family members just agreed with her to get her to shut up.
I think all of us here have a family member like that right?

I did agree with her though that intelligent people understand it will take more than 4 years to get us out of this hole, but I don't believe that anyone currently on the ticket will be able to do it at all. Everyone chosen by the RNC and DNC to run for President is too ingrained in the current system to be of any use. If we MUST keep the current system in place (*sigh*) then at least have the voters involved in every step of getting a President. Keep the RNC and DNC out of the loop insofar that we the people choose from every politician in America who our next President will be. And if that sounds too much like work for you, then go ahead and take what's given to you. You deserve it.

The fact that certain people choose out of a pool of hundreds who we get to vote for in the end is kind of like going on a blind date. Someone chooses some people for us to go out with and , while we may not like them when we first see them, we don't say anything and have the dinner anyway out of courtesy.People are sitting back going "This is what we have to choose from?", but go out and vote anyway so as not to upset the apple cart.

Personally, I don't care what ethnicity you are and we all lie. If you're a part of the current system, I don't want anything to do with you because the current system is broken. Bush didn't make these problems. Neither did Clinton, Reagan, Carter or anyone else in the past 50 years. The system itself makes and regurgitates people who don't have a clue. Change the system to where we have qualified people to do the job, or the job won't get done.

That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Racism is kept alive by the current president Obama.
Here is another example.

After Helping Stir Up Race War… White House Says Obama’s Done Talking About Trayvon

Remember this story?

Obama memorably waded into the national debate over the tragedy in late March. “If I had a son, he’d look like Trayvon,” the president said.

Obama you should have kept your Trap Shut!

Never mind all of the reprisal beatings or the threats by the New Black Panthers… Obama is through talking. His work is done here.

The W H says nothing about the Racist Black Panthers.
www.thegatewaypundit.com...

How about this:

On July 16, 2009, Harvard University professor Henry Louis Gates, Jr., was arrested at his Cambridge, Massachusetts home by a local police officer responding to a 9-1-1 caller's report of men breaking and entering the residence. The arrest initiated a series of events that unfolded under the spotlight of the international news media.

On July 22, President Barack Obama commented on the incident, criticizing the arrest and the response by the police.

If this Professor has been Chinese or Hispanic or French-Canadian or a White American, Do you believe Obama would have said anything? NO!
en.wikipedia.org...

Obama and his Cronies Fuel The Racial Divide in Our Country and we need to continue bring this out into the open,,, Open your Eye's,,, he can't when a second term on his record,,,,,,

Yes, Yes, I know, I'll be Slammed for this by our regular Obama Followers,,,,,, just waiting for the Rocks to Start Flying towards my head.
edit on 25-7-2012 by guohua because: spelling

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
If you don't vote for the black guy, you're a racist?

That's what she's saying.

By this logic all those black people who didn't vote for John McCain are racists too, right?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

No- it is only racist if it is against a black person.

Politicians should be held accountable to a higher speaking standard.

Claiming people are racists because they will vote for someone else and not the other without proof is very dangerous- and only escalates violence and hatred.

these liberals really are stretching for something to go on when they print this crap. Screams of desperation.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good

these liberals really are stretching for something to go on when they print this crap. Screams of desperation.

It's the card they always play when they know they're losing.

BTW, I've had many libs tell me there's no such thing as Race.
So, umm, I'm confused.

edit on 25-7-2012 by Yngvarr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Yngvarr

Yes- they dont know what they want more than half the time.

Sidemouth speaking is how they roll.

Most of them dont debate topics based on Logic- but rather based on emotions.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yngvarr

Originally posted by Common Good

It's the card they always play when they know they're losing.

BTW, I've had many libs tell me there's no such thing as Race.
So, umm, I'm confused.

Yngvarr, Don't be confused,,,,, It's all about Race, your Liberal friends are still walking around with their eyes closed and their ears plugged.
Tell them, if it isn't about Race, then why does Obama have to start an other Government Agency to ensure
that African-Americans ( Not Americans ) have a chance for a better Education than other Americans kids.
I suppose that means, White American Kids, Chinese American Kids, Korean American Kids and Hispanic American Kids.
The Kids Of Other Races Are Not As Important To Obama And His Cronies As African-American Kids,,,,, Now I ask you, Is That Racist?
Here the news story and I'm not making any attempts to derail my friends thread.

WASHINGTON (AP) -- President Barack Obama is creating a new office to bolster education of African-American students.

The White House says the office will coordinate the work of communities and federal agencies to ensure that African-American youngsters are better prepared for high school, college and career.

hosted.ap.org...
Who's Really Keeping Racism Alive?
I'm Very Happy all our children have their own lives and are smarter than your average Voter!

edit on 25-7-2012 by guohua because: spelling

edit on 25-7-2012 by guohua because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-7-2012 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I really wish they'd STOP USING THE FREAKING RACE CARD EVER^Y CHANCE THEY GET AND LET PEOPLE HAVE A CIVIL DISCUSSION!

This is why I can not tell the difference between adults and children. There is no difference when grown men do crap like this.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

This is what the Senator WANTED to say...

"White people wont vote for Obama cause hes black"...

HELLO...... There is a white majority in this country......HOW DID HE GET ELECTED THE FIRST TIME IF RACISM WAS THE CASE???

Sorry about the caps... but it needed to be said.

If anything....... its the total opposite. White people are not as racist as people make them out to be, I know I am not. But hey, tommorow is a different news article.

new topics

top topics

join