It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who the heck are these guys? (Expendables 2)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Gauss

That would be Gene LaBell who choked him out

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Gauss

My friends son has been training Karate for 1 year and has his little black belt as well so I guess he can beat up Randy too since that is all it takes. I am not sure you know this but the "elite soldier" you speak of bring guys like Randy in to team them how to fight. I am not saying your boy is not a great athlete but Randy has spent a life time in the gym training to fight not on movie sets pretending.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Gauss

Not only does Dolph have black belt in karate, but he's also a former elite soldier.

Oh man, you realize Karate is Childs play? I did it for four years until I stumbled upon something more manly called Muay Thai
. Then you have to learn to fight on the ground and you'd go for something like Jiujitsu.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by JayFlores

Actually, I practice Krav Maga and have undergone close combat training in the Swedish Navy and Army, so I do have a certain degree of knowledge of combat.
Now, pardon me, fangirl.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSnow

True, that. BUT, he's got about twenty years of experience in it, which kind of gives him an edge.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayFlores
reply to post by Gauss

That would be Gene LaBell who choked him out

Ah, yes, that was his name. I'd like to shake his hand one day. Shame I didn't get to see that.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by knowledgedesired
reply to post by Gauss

My friends son has been training Karate for 1 year and has his little black belt as well so I guess he can beat up Randy too since that is all it takes. I am not sure you know this but the "elite soldier" you speak of bring guys like Randy in to team them how to fight. I am not saying your boy is not a great athlete but Randy has spent a life time in the gym training to fight not on movie sets pretending.

I'm sure you realize there's a lot of difference between a kid's black belt and a 3rd dan black belt and roughly twenty years of martial arts experience.
Also, the Swedish military fortunately does not rely on MMA to let them survive in hand-to-hand combat, but Krav Maga.

ANYWAY, this was NOT intended as a discussion of who can kick who's ass. I was as much a part in moving the discussion in that direction as anyone, so I apologize. BUT, back to the issue; Randy Couture, Terry Crews, Steve Austin and Liam Hemsworth are NOT on the same level as the legendary action stars of the 80's, and in my opinion does not deserve a major hero role in this movie.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Gauss

Krav MAga is about as usefull in a real world combat situation as TKD. You sir, have seen too many Van Damme movies

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

I'm not going to argue this with you any more. See my post above yours.
edit on 25-7-2012 by Gauss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Gauss

No, none of those guys are the great stars of the 80's. But this seems more like a combination of the greats of yesterday and the greats of today

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

If it were the greats of today it would be men like Vin Diesel, the Rock, Jackie Chan, Clive Owen, Christian Bale and maybe some others. I, and many with me, have never heard of Terry Crews, Steve Austin, Randy Couture and Liam Hemsworth before the Expendables 1 and 2, so they can't really be called the greats of today, in my opinion. The greats of today within wrestling and MMA? Possibly, but not within movies.
edit on 25-7-2012 by Gauss because: Because Woody Harrelson cannot really be considered "of today" since he goes way back.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by knowledgedesired
reply to post by Gauss

Randy Couture is a LEGEND in the sport of MMA and the movie is about tough/badass men and being that Randy has beaten some of the toughest men in the world in REAL FIGHTS I think he has a right to play a tough guy on screen.

On a side note...
Randy could kick every single person in the movies butt in real life and in my opinion that gives him the right to stand side by side with men who pretend they are tough.

Exactly what i was thinking. All the rest of them are ACTING, living a total fantasy when Couture lived the real deal. The rest aren't fit to be on the screen with him in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Gauss

They need some people to kill off in the movie.

They're like the red shirts in Star Trek.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MagicWand67

Just for the record, I'm the one who starred your post first. Wery well said!

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
If Randy Couture has not earned the right to play a tough guy on screen i dont know who has. MMA is underrated, therefor Randy's legacy is heavily underrated.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gauss

And secondly, as I've mentioned above, he could not kick Dolph's ass for two reasons; Not only does Dolph have black belt in karate, but he's also a former elite soldier.

You obviously are clueless and need to stick to movies. Reality is MMA is MIXED martial arts. a combination of all the best parts of the arts combined (which was Bruce Lee's concept. Jeet Kune Do) As for belts....it's all a gimic and does nothing but keep you payed up in that class to obtain said belt.

Bruce Lee said it best...."All a belt is good for is holding up your pants."

Randy would cave Dolph's face in.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Revealation

You clearly don't know how to read. Once again, I'm done discussing who's penis is bigger when it comes to the actors in this movie. That was NOT why I created this thread. If you want that kind of discussion, take it somewhere else.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
You start a topic, make posts regarding your fantasy star can beat up real fighters... then tell me to go somewhere else. Yeah, welcome to freedom of choice, as if you, your demands and Krav Maga are gonna change any of that.... is highly unlikely. The best bet you have is tattling on me so a moderator removes my posts.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Revealation

I have already commented on the dick measuring, and I will not do so again. Stay on topic. And the topic is NOT which action star can kick which's butt.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
be pretty pointless making a movie called The Expendables if non of the actors were expendable, you would think

Well I would anyway

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join