It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Who the heck are these guys? (Expendables 2)

page: 2
3
<< 1    3  4 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by OrphenFire
 


Are you kidding? Hell yes I will! Anything with Norris, Stallone, Schwarzenegger and Lundgren in it has me hooked!


( I need to come up with an acronym for the four instead of repeating their damn names all the time. NSSL it is then!)




posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSnow
reply to post by OrphenFire
 


Except back then the UFC was barely known and fighters were allowed to stomp each other heads whilst fighting bare knuckle. The UFC has only risen to fame over the past 5 years, as for Austin...I liked him when I believed wrestling was real, and that was a long long time ago. They should've gone with the rock!


Hear now, hear now! I'm with you, man!


My dad always turned off the TV when I tried watching wrestling back in Sweden anyway. Muscular men in tight spandex speedoes... If my dad had stuck around long enough I would've thanked him.



posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Gauss
 


Lol couture is there to make it seem realistic just as MMA made wrestling look plastic, and it's cauliflower ear btw. You have to keep draining your ears if they swell up after a fight with a plastic syringe or the fluid turns into cartilage and your left looking like one of the aliens off Prometheus.

edit: forgive me for asking this but....Who the hell is Lundgren????? and Why haven't I heard of him.

edit on 25-7-2012 by DeadSnow because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Well, if you want to get technical, Statham is in there too and he wasnt a big star in the 80's. And Couture would wipe the floor with anybody in that movie. You forget, hes the only real fighter in there except Lundgren who was a kick boxing champion back in the late 70's-early 80's.



posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by JayFlores
 


I think all of the others have at least some knowledge of self-defense. Definitely not to the extent that Couture does, but I wouldn't pick a fight with any of them, except maybe Schwarzenegger... lol.



posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayFlores
Well, if you want to get technical, Statham is in there too and he wasnt a big star in the 80's. And Couture would wipe the floor with anybody in that movie. You forget, hes the only real fighter in there except Lundgren who was a kick boxing champion back in the late 70's-early 80's.


True. I'm not a big fan of Statham myself, so I'm not going to justify his presence - but, he HAS been in a lot of action movies lately, so he could be justified a bit. Possibly.

And, you know, a lot of people don't know this, but Dolph Lundgren, before becoming a movie star actually did his military service in a Swedish Marine Corps military elite unit, comparable to the USMC Recons. So, yeah, he can hold his own in a fight.



posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSnow
reply to post by Gauss
 


Lol couture is there to make it seem realistic just as MMA made wrestling look plastic, and it's cauliflower ear btw. You have to keep draining your ears if they swell up after a fight with a plastic syringe or the fluid turns into cartilage and your left looking like one of the aliens off Prometheus.

edit: forgive me for asking this but....Who the hell is Lundgren????? and Why haven't I heard of him.

edit on 25-7-2012 by DeadSnow because: (no reason given)


You're probably right about Couture. I still don't approve of him being there, though.


And in regard to Lundgren, he's the Swedish equivalent (in Hollywood) of Arnold Schwarzenegger.

en.wikipedia.org...



posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Gauss
 


I remember seeing one of his movies as a kid but that's about it...Why hasn't anyone mentioned Jet Li, He should've been replaced with Jackie Chan. Since it seems like they're recruiting people of all professions they should get Michael Jordan in the third part!



posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by OrphenFire
 

Well, The Terminator has gone old and flabby, so theres a good chance you'll win



posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Gauss
 

So, Steven Seagal not invited to the party?

I mean, he's at least VanDamme level, no?




posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSnow
reply to post by Gauss
 


I remember seeing one of his movies as a kid but that's about it...Why hasn't anyone mentioned Jet Li, He should've been replaced with Jackie Chan. Since it seems like they're recruiting people of all professions they should get Michael Jordan in the third part!


Haha, I don't actively go out and "acquire" Dolph Lundgren movies, but I do enjoy them once in a while.
And I do agree, Jackie Chan is more suitable than Jet Li, only because Jet Li takes himself too seriously compared to Jackie "Drunken Master" Chan.


Btw, fun little tidbit about Lundgren's first movie appearance. Most people don't know about this either.
His name, I believe, is Venz in this movie.




posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
reply to post by Gauss
 

So, Steven Seagal not invited to the party?

I mean, he's at least VanDamme level, no?



Hahaha, I'll actually take Seagal over Van Damme any day. At least Seagal has the pony tail look down.



posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Terry Crews is the only decent actor there.



posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi
 


He's now gone as far as claiming to have helped train Anderson Silva and teaching him that 'knockout' kick! What a joke.




posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
The Rock should have been put in it, at least he can semi-act and is usually quite funny as well.



posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSnow
 


Mmmmyes, he is a bit arrogant, isn't he, that Seagal? I remember hearing a story on the IMDB boards of how in the 80's he got choked out by an instructor on a movie set or something, when the two sparred, and later whined about it.


That said, I do like his movies.



posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Gauss
 


Randy Couture is a LEGEND in the sport of MMA and the movie is about tough/badass men and being that Randy has beaten some of the toughest men in the world in REAL FIGHTS I think he has a right to play a tough guy on screen.

On a side note...
Randy could kick every single person in the movies butt in real life and in my opinion that gives him the right to stand side by side with men who pretend they are tough.



posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Gauss
 


Yeah he's a big phony! But you know who they should have added into the movie? A lot of you may not be very familiar with him but he's the 27 time world Jiujitsu champion...He's been described but his childhood friends from the favelas as being a real wild goose or a bird from another feather...

Renato Laranja!

I'm hlet you do you hesearch!



posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by knowledgedesired
reply to post by Gauss
 


Randy Couture is a LEGEND in the sport of MMA and the movie is about tough/badass men and being that Randy has beaten some of the toughest men in the world in REAL FIGHTS I think he has a right to play a tough guy on screen.

On a side note...
Randy could kick every single person in the movies butt in real life and in my opinion that gives him the right to stand side by side with men who pretend they are tough.



I don't agree with you on either of the above. First, the fact he may be a legend in MMA does not make him an action star, or even an actor for that matter.

And secondly, as I've mentioned above, he could not kick Dolph's ass for two reasons; Not only does Dolph have black belt in karate, but he's also a former elite soldier.



posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Gauss
 


Thats the lamest reason for why he couldnt kick Lundgrens arse Ive ever heard. You obviously have no knowledge of combat sports or fighting. And did you also forget Couture is a former Army Ranger




top topics



 
3
<< 1    3  4 >>

log in

join