It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney ‘Advisor’: Mitt Will Bring a White Man’s Touch

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

A racial subtext certainly isn’t foreign to the Romney campaign’s critique of Barack Obama. But putting it so front and center may raise a few eyebrows.

What the London Daily Telegraph calls one of Romney’s “advisors” told the paper that Romney was better positioned to understand and respect the ‘special relationship’ between the US and Great Britain than President Obama, whose father was from Kenya.

Said the advisor: “We are part of an Anglo-Saxon heritage, and he feels that the special relationship is special. The White House didn’t fully appreciate the shared history we have.”

Source article

There we go. We're getting that much closer to scratching the surface of what the problem is with Barack Obama being in the White House, at least from a bigoted Conservative Republican point of view. (Allow me to add the disclaimer that I do not believe that all Conservative Republicans are bigots. But I do believe that racism and bigotry is prevalent in the Conservative Republican voting bloc.)

I will also say that I'm suspicious of comments made by "anonymous sources" or "advisors." So I can't put full stock in this. I share it merely for information purposes and because if it is an advisors of Romney's making such a Freudian slip, well then it needs to be exposed and discussed.

Can we also please limit the amount of accusations of "playing the race card" distractions? Reporting something, especially if it turns out to be factual, is not "playing the race card." Thanks in advance.

ETA: I'm also about to get ready for bed. So if I don't respond until tomorrow, it isn't because I pulled a "post and run." I just saw this and felt the need to share. I will definitely check out the responses in the AM and respond accordingly.
edit on 24-7-2012 by CoolerAbdullah786 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Wow, you are on a role with the "mistruths"...now you took an anti-Romney racist opinion piece written from the real article....

www.telegraph.co.uk...
edit on 24-7-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

Guess some people have a hard time following directions. This article is racist? Against whom? Romney? White people?

Another person once again proving the statement of Bill Maher that White people don't believe racism exists unless it's racism against White people.

If you even bothered to read my OP you'd see that I said I view this suspiciously and that I'm merely sharing it for information purposes and spark some discussion about it.

I openly welcome you posting another news article about it. But doing so with ad hominems and accusations? It just illustrates your ignorance and that you didn't even bother to read my OP. You just saw the headline and the quote and offered a knee-jerk reaction.

Goodnight.

(Damn, my list of people to ignore because they have absolutely nothing to add to a conversation is getting long. Wish I had a block button like on FB hahaha)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

In remarks that may prompt accusations of racial insensitivity, one suggested that Mr Romney was better placed to understand the depth of ties between the two countries than Mr Obama, whose father was from Africa. “We are part of an Anglo-Saxon heritage, and he feels that the special relationship is special,” the adviser said of Mr Romney, adding: “The White House didn’t fully appreciate the shared history we have”.

Ummmm I gotta say that sound pretty bad...

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Obama has ruined it for a long time for any black person who is even thinking about running for President.

Nothing racist at all about it.

Jackie Robinson was chosen to be the first black Major League player because the first of anything has to set a good example and be beyond reproach. If Jackie Robinson performed on the level of Obama he would have set back blacks from participating for a few more years.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

Carseller, I may agree with you to a certain extent. My point of disagreement with you, though, is honestly I think no matter who ended up in office as "the first Black president" whether it was Jesse Jackson, Colin Powell, or Barack Obama, no matter how their term(s) ended, it would be a long time before another Black person, or possible another non-White male, ever gets elected. I think there is way too much prejudice and racism in America. Electing a Black president wasn't an indication that racism no longer exists. In fact, if anything, it exposed racism. Some people straight up stopped hiding it.

+11 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

Bush and all the other horrible white presidents ruined it for every white person trying to run for president too.....

Oh wait, the USA doesn't work like that.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

I wish I was a mod so I could give this outstanding, yet simplistic, comment an "applause." Very well said and a great point you just made!

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by CoolerAbdullah786

Anglo-Saxon heritage

Is a slap in the face to every immigrant that helped build this countries.

As a Hispanic I am offended, what so we can't have any other race as a president... Because they don't get the ties to England?

Im sorry I thought we fought a war to cut those type of ties...

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by CoolerAbdullah786

Trying to come to terms with why Obama acts the way he does, why he approaches foreign policy the way he does; is a mystery.

Is it because his world view is dfferent?
Is it because he grew up surrounded by people who dismissed American exceptionalism?
Does he look at America differently than most Americans do?
Did going to a Black Liberation Theology church for 20 years shape his mindset?

"This is the first time I've been proud of my country". Michelle Obama

My opinion.

Obama sees America as nothing more than another country on the globe. He doesn't see it as better or worse than any othr country, therefore, he doesn't work towards anything that would benefit America over any other country.
It is a poor coach who doesn't think his team is better than the competition.

Obama's approach to economic policy is reflected in everything he does. It's leveling the playing field so that every person, every nation has the same.

Kind of like a coach that trains his team to "tie" in every game versus winning.

Is that a white thing or a black thing?

No.

But it is not a recipe for success.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Obama has ruined it for a long time for any black person who is even thinking about running for President.

Nothing racist at all about it.

Jackie Robinson was chosen to be the first black Major League player because the first of anything has to set a good example and be beyond reproach. If Jackie Robinson performed on the level of Obama he would have set back blacks from participating for a few more years.

Almost as impressive?

George W destroyed the future of the Republican party.

Then Sarah Palin, Rick Perry, Michelle Bachman, Newt Gingrich, Mitt Romney and Donald Trump showed up to piss on the ashes

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Romney may be better positioned but that does not mean he will be any better. The American people will get the type of government they truly deserve in the end - guaranteed. Whether the President be a Liberal, Conservative, or a Libertarian (which will not happen), the end result shall be the same. All these people that get wet panties over Ron Paul are going to be truly upset when they realize he was nothing more than a passing fad of a waning civilization.

Mitt Romney's adviser is correct though. The United States is not some Christian fundamentalist nation like the RR love to portray it as, nor is it a "come all ye faithful to life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness" that Liberal/Neocons/Libertarians perceive it to be. We were a nation of overwhelmingly Anglo-Saxon stock and whose Founding Fathers were almost entirely of British descent. That has shaped the core of America more than anything else. Even if it were true that the US were a Christian nation, it was an Anglo-Saxon Christian nation; one founded upon a Christianity derived from a specific interpretation of the faith by our British ancestors. We are not a propositional nation whereby you affirm a belief in "democracy, equality, and mcdonald's" and a magic wand is waved turning you into an American.

An Black man can no more conceive of the fundamental core of America whether he was born here or not than I as a White man can conceive of the fundamental core of Sudan or Thailand. To break a nation down to such a level is to run through it with a bulldozer, demolishing all in your wake. I do not want that to happen to my nation or any other nation.

For all who have no picked up on it yet, I am not going to tell you what you want to hear. I have little regard for hurting your emotions - I am but a steamroller over the protesting hearts of the masses.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
What a joke. What reality do Romney and his aides live in? I suppose The British Royal family agrees with this.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Obama sees America as nothing more than another country on the globe. He doesn't see it as better or worse than any othr country, therefore, he doesn't work towards anything that would benefit America over any other country.

Breaking News: America IS just another country on the globe.

It's small-minded jingoistic fools who don't understand this and buy in to the Religion of the American Dream.

You say it's a poor coach who doesn't think his team is better than other teams?

I say it's a poor coach who isn't willing to assess his team's shortcomings and isn't willing to make the necessary changes to CATCH UP to the other teams.

What you want is a coach who is completely happy with his team as long they keep the same uniforms on - no matter how lousy they are on the field

edit on 24-7-2012 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking

Almost as impressive?

Then Sarah Palin, Rick Perry, Michelle Bachman, Newt Gingrich, Mitt Romney and Donald Trump showed up to piss on the ashes

Didn't the 2010 elections come after Bush? Didn't the 2010 elections happen after Obama was elected?

Of course they did, which makes your point moot.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

But we ARE just another country on the globe.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Breaking News: America IS just another country on the globe.

It's small-minded jingoistic fools who don't understand this and buy in to the Religion of the American Dream.

You say it's a poor coach who doesn't think his team is better than other teams?

I say it's a poor coach who isn't willing to assess his team's shortcomings and isn't willing to make the necessary changes to CATCH UP to the other teams.

What you want is a coach who is completely happy with his team as long they keep the same uniforms on - no matter how lousy they are on the field

America may be just another country on the globe, but is that what we want the leader of the country to think?

Medeocrity, thy name is Obama.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Does the United States of America have to be better than another country to be deserving of our love as citizens of its governance and users of its land? Is the USA great because you love it or do you love it because it is great?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

“We are part of an Anglo-Saxon heritage, and he feels that the special relationship is special. The White House didn’t fully appreciate the shared history we have."

Who is we? Obama's moms last name is Dunham, which is English.

The ancestry of the name Dunham dates from the ancient Anglo-Saxon culture of Britain. It comes from when the family lived in the parish of Dunham, in the county of Norfolk. The place-name is made up of two old English elements: dun, which is a word for hill; and ham, which means home. The translation of the name is home on the hill.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

Almost as impressive?

Didn't the 2010 elections come after Bush? Didn't the 2010 elections happen after Obama was elected?

Of course they did, which makes your point moot.

If you REALLY honestly believe Mitt Romney will be elected in November U2U me - I'll take any bet on it.

I'm also willing to bet against Nibiru, 2012 and Chemtrails - you name the amount

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join