It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney ‘Advisor’: Mitt Will Bring a White Man’s Touch

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
reply to post by beezzer

Does the United States of America have to be better than another country to be deserving of our love as citizens of its governance and users of its land? Is the USA great because you love it or do you love it because it is great?
No, America doesn't have to be better.

But to further my coach/team analogy, what does it say of the coach when he starts the game by saying his team sucks?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

What does it say about the coach when he isn't willing to recognize/improve upon his team's shortcomings.

I don't want a coach who thinks his team is infallible just because of the name on their jerseys

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking
reply to post by beezzer

What does it say about the coach when he isn't willing to recognize/improve upon his team's shortcomings.

I don't want a coach who thinks his team is infallible just because of the name on their jerseys

Neither do I. But when a coach "trains" his "team" to be mediocre, is speaks volumes of his viewpoint.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

But a country is not a *insert sport* team. It is a country. Unless we are going to war it is completely unnecessary to compare ourselves to another country. We should not strive to be a better nation because Country X is beating us but rather because bettering the nation is good in itself. All a President needs to say is this: "We are a great people (insert attributes), so it is a moral obligation we owe both to those who preceded us, those of us in existence today, and those who shall proceed us to work towards the greatest possibilities our national spirit composed of the people, tied to the land, and impassioned by a mystical connection to our culture, can accomplish. Anything short of that is too little."

Any speech which employes rhetoric beyond such a point is unnecessary and counterproductive.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by beezzer

“We are part of an Anglo-Saxon heritage, and he feels that the special relationship is special. The White House didn’t fully appreciate the shared history we have."

Who is we? Obama's moms last name is Dunham, which is English.

The ancestry of the name Dunham dates from the ancient Anglo-Saxon culture of Britain. It comes from when the family lived in the parish of Dunham, in the county of Norfolk. The place-name is made up of two old English elements: dun, which is a word for hill; and ham, which means home. The translation of the name is home on the hill.

Exactly. I also thought that Obama was cousins with Cheney.

What's going on here, did Romney's advisor not do his research on Obama's lineage or something?

Obama is related to Abraham Lincoln too. Someone should send this advisor the video above, looks like.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

reply to post by beezzer

Neither do I. But when a coach "trains" his "team" to be mediocre, is speaks volumes of his viewpoint.

You guys inspired me to join

That sounds like empty hyperbole, Obama is not in position to train or force people
to behave in any way. You and Romney and the GOP use this same brand of garbage
repeatedly. The other guy is right, the GOP is staying in the garbage can and Romney is
not leading them out.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Obama's moms last name is Dunham, which is English.

Mr. Obama seems to consistently, and intentionally, ignore that aspect of his heritage. I wonder if that's because of racism on his part.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Misoir and Beezzer, two ATS legends fighting for (whatever it is they're fighting for), a thrilling match. May I slide in a quick question?

It seems that the headline the OP chose to use was unnecessarily inflammatory and unsupported by anything in the article. So, to find out more, I went to the Daily Telegraph article linked in TPM. The only thing racial that was mentioned was this:

“We are part of an Anglo-Saxon heritage, and he feels that the special relationship is special,” the adviser said of Mr Romney, adding: “The White House didn’t fully appreciate the shared history we have”.

www.telegraph.co.uk...
My question is: can this statement be fairly interpreted to mean that Romney feels the joint history of the US and UK creates a special relationship. And with his rejection of the Churchill bust, and tacky gifts to the Queen and Prime Minister, it is apparent that Obama doesn't see the relationship as special as he does?"

I'm not saying that that is the proper interpretation, I'm wondering if that is a possible interpretation.

edit on 25-7-2012 by charles1952 because: misspelling

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

I like what you have to say.

These last 4 years, the GOP didn't look at what they could have improved, that makes them
reckless and weak. Their fingers are way to tuned to the winds of Wall Street and the big government
that Wall Street lobbies for.

Garbage

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
Misoir and Beezzer, two ATS legends fighting for (whatever it is they're fighting for), a thrilling match. May I slide in a quick question?

It seems that the headline the OP chose to use was unnecessarily inflammatory and unsupported by anything in the article. So, to find out more, I went to the Daily Telegraph article linked in TPM. The only thing racial that was mentioned was this:

“We are part of an Anglo-Saxon heritage, and he feels that the special relationship is special,” the adviser said of Mr Romney, adding: “The White House didn’t fully appreciate the shared history we have”.

www.telegraph.co.uk...
My question is: can this statement be fairly interpreted to mean that Romney feels the joint history of the US and UK creates a special relationship. And with his rejection of the Churchill bust, and tacky gifts to the Queen and Prime Minister, it is apparent that Obama doesn't see the relationship as special as he does?"

I'm not saying that that is the proper interpretation, I'm wondering if that is a possible interpretation.

edit on 25-7-2012 by charles1952 because: misspelling

Implying it is 9/10 of the point, it is politics and it would be right in line with the range
of supposition presented.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by BenReclused

Mr. Obama seems to consistently, and intentionally, ignore that aspect of his heritage.

Yeah, because he could really ignore what race his grandparents are. The people that raised him...all the family he knows...is white.

What is he supposed to jump up and down to white people and scream "I'm half white!"?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Obama has ruined it for a long time for any black person who is even thinking about running for President.

Nothing racist at all about it.

Because you guys have scared the sweet Jesus out of middle America, thank yourself first
and foremost.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

I think he basically meant that Romney's ancestry is all Anglo-Saxon (which I just checked, and it is,) while our nation was founded by men who were of Anglo-Saxon stock and grounded their philosophy, thus our founding, in specifically British principles. Thus Romney would be better able to comprehend and abide by these principles than Obama because of his ancestry is tied in with that our America's founders. And yes, Obama does have a White mother who is of English stock. But the US has a simple rule - the one drop policy. You are no longer "legally White" in the USA if you have just one drop of known non-White blood.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I'm sorry but being a race doesn't give you any pre-hand knowledge onto a how a political system or country works. It takes the experience of living there. This country isn't English anyway, its made up of a bunch of ethnicities. The comment is stupid and makes zero sense.

You do realize that the Sudan is only one country in Africa right? Being African doesn't give you any foresight into what Sudan is like. You'd have to be born there, and live a huge part of your life there.

edit on 25-7-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

An Black man can no more conceive of the fundamental core of America whether he was born here or not than I as a White man can conceive of the fundamental core of Sudan or Thailand. To break a nation down to such a level is to run through it with a bulldozer, demolishing all in your wake. I do not want that to happen to my nation or any other nation.

For all who have no picked up on it yet, I am not going to tell you what you want to hear. I have little regard for hurting your emotions - I am but a steamroller over the protesting hearts of the masses.

Black men have been apart of American history since the fist decades of colonization, Black
culture is joined at the hip with American culture. American music is based upon the intersection
of black and white, european and african. The president is both which should inform him enough.

edit on 25-7-2012 by pisssss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   

reply to post by charles1952

I think he basically meant that Romney's ancestry is all Anglo-Saxon (which I just checked, and it is,) while our nation was founded by men who were of Anglo-Saxon stock and grounded their philosophy, thus our founding, in specifically British principles. Thus Romney would be better able to comprehend and abide by these principles than Obama because of his ancestry is tied in with that our America's founders. And yes, Obama does have a White mother who is of English stock. But the US has a simple rule - the one drop policy. You are no longer "legally White" in the USA if you have just one drop of known non-White blood.

That is a policy of the Old South which did nothing but collapse upon itself due to the incongruities
of festering hatred that ignited the entire culture. Casting intellectual judgements based upon mating
rituals has failed in Britain too because they are inferior ideas of the primordial era.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

But a country is not a *insert sport* team. It is a country. Unless we are going to war it is completely unnecessary to compare ourselves to another country. We should not strive to be a better nation because Country X is beating us but rather because bettering the nation is good in itself. All a President needs to say is this: "We are a great people (insert attributes), so it is a moral obligation we owe both to those who preceded us, those of us in existence today, and those who shall proceed us to work towards the greatest possibilities our national spirit composed of the people, tied to the land, and impassioned by a mystical connection to our culture, can accomplish. Anything short of that is too little."

Any speech which employes rhetoric beyond such a point is unnecessary and counterproductive.

We are competing though on a variety of levels. From imports, exports, tarriffs, to foreign aid, and labels like rights abuses and so forth.

Wee (as countries) compete daily, whether it's on the battlefield or in a boardroom.
Obama's background shapes his approach, his world view of how America should fit it on the world stage.
Are we to take a starring role, or merely be a bit player?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by pisssss

Originally posted by beezzer

reply to post by beezzer

You guys inspired me to join

That sounds like empty hyperbole, Obama is not in position to train or force people
to behave in any way. You and Romney and the GOP use this same brand of garbage
repeatedly. The other guy is right, the GOP is staying in the garbage can and Romney is
not leading them out.

Glad you joined.

Obama is the leader, the representative of America. He is the "face" of America and it is his policies shat shape and define who we are on the world stage.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by CoolerAbdullah786

Sounds to me like these "anonymous sources" or "advisors" might just be Obama Campaign strongarm tactics at work.

What better way to instill the thoughts?

Very clever indeed.

The whole thing fits Obama's pattern.

(especially the reference to the Churchill bust)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by Misoir

I'm sorry but being a race doesn't give you any pre-hand knowledge onto a how a political system or country works. It takes the experience of living there. This country isn't English anyway, its made up of a bunch of ethnicities. The comment is stupid and makes zero sense.

All of who we are is shaped through our biological structure, thus our ethnic composition. The spirit itself is both a duality of individual and of race. The spirit in turn manifests itself physically in our biology. All that one thinks, acts, and feels is in large part shaped by his race.

You do realize that the Sudan is only one country in Africa right?

You do realize that question makes zero sense right? If I distinguished between Africa and Sudan, why would I consider them to be one? If Sudan is a sovereign state in Africa then there must be other sovereign states in Africa by the mere application of logic.

Being African doesn't give you any foresight into what Sudan is like. You'd have to be born there, and live a huge part of your life there.

You are right in that being merely African gives you no more insight into Sudan than being merely European gives you insight into Romania. My point was that in order to truly understand a country you must not only have lived there your entire life but be of the same blood as the people who created that culture. Being a 4th generation Ugandan in Sudan does not give your true insight into the nation. That can only come about through your being of that race.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join