It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Angry crowd forms after Dallas police shooting

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Breaking: Angry crowd forms after Dallas police shooting

www.chron.com

DALLAS (AP) — Dozens of angry residents gathered on a sweltering southeast Dallas street after reports of a police shooting of a suspect spread through the neighborhood.

(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 7/24/2012 by UberL33t because: added twitter photo

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I have a Police Scanner App which alerts me whenever there are a significant number of people listening to a specific scanner within a city.

I noticed there were upwards of 1500 people listening to Dallas City Police. After Googling I found a decent link to the story but it is still developing.

Here is the Radio Reference Live Feed for those interested, or more, in the area.

www.chron.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I'm in D/FW metro area.

Listening now.

Thanks for the link!

S + F

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

Here is another Update from breakingnews.com, no link to a source however, just the caption.

Update on shooting: Police in riot gear arrive to control #dallascrowd

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Yep and they stormed the police station in Anaheim after the last shooting there a few days ago.

people are not happy with the level of police violence..

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Can we see some citizens arrest some cops for once?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Police had to control an angry crowd that formed near the scene of an officer-involved shooting that left a suspect dead late Tuesday afternoon. Witnesses say a man was shot while running from police near the intersection of Dixon Avenue and Bourquin Street.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
According to the radio, it was a 13 year old black male... dear God

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
DALLAS -
Dallas police shot and killed an armed man in the Pleasant Grove neighborhood of the city, prompting a tense situation with hundreds of gathering neighbors, many of whom were very emotional.

LIVE & TAPE: WATCH VIDEO FROM THE SCENE

The shooting happened at about 5:30 p.m. at a known drug house in the 5300 block of Bourquin Street, FOX 4 News reported.

Police said the unidentified suspect shot at officers, who returned fire, killing the man. Another suspect fled and was later arrested, police said.

No officers were injured, police said.

However, a crowd of hundreds gathered at the scene, prompting to police to call for additional crowd control support, both by ground and by air.

In fact, officers armed with pepper ball guns and shields forced the crowd back amid reports of people trying to cut through fences to gain access to the shooting scene.

FOX 4 News reported that, according to initial reports, the slain man's inconsolable mother confronted police at the scene and refused to leave.

A man who identified himself as the dead man's father said he was enraged because police shot in teh back his unarmed, 32-year-old son, whom he identified as James Harper.

"No reason for him to be shot like a dog. If he's running away from them, ain't no reason," James White said.

A chaotic fight also briefly broke out between some in the crowd.

Meanwhile, the body of the slain suspect remained at the shooting scene and was being guarded by police.

By about 6:30 p.m. the volatile crowd shrank a bit and divided into smaller groups as Dallas police announced its SWAT team was being deployed to the still potentially explosive situation. But citizens quickly began re-gathering.

Dallas City Councilman Dwaine Caraway was headed to the standoff aiming to help police calm the situation.

Additionally, Dallas police have announced they will hold a news conference soon.

Stay with myfoxdfw.com and FOX 4 News for more on this developing story.

Read more: www.myfoxdfw.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

That's another shooting

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalWabbit

That's another shooting

damn... Anybody hear that bit about the black panthers??

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Listening to the radio link
did they just say the Black Panthers are there gathering people up?
trying to get through but they said no

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

yea beat me , I guess what we heard is correct
I hope nothing happens because there are quite a few
Confederate hammerhead skins there as well

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Massive distrust of Police - check
Recent cases of police brutality - check
General economic decline - check
High temperatures - check
Deep sense of injustice - check

I think a lot of us know that we're waiting for something to begin. Some of us were worried that the Treyvon Martin case might do it.

Societies around the world are on the brink, and all it would take is one instance of unjust police action to tip the balance in an ugly direction.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
interesting to listen to events live. hope this incident doesn't get crazy. thanks for the link.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

These crowds forming are going to become more and more common, and at some point the police will not be able to stop it any longer.

Of course, they always have the option of going back to their duty as "peace officers," but I don't see that happening.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilBat

yea beat me , I guess what we heard is correct
I hope nothing happens because there are quite a few
Confederate hammerhead skins there as well

I live in the DFW area and the one thing I do know is that the area they're talking about is a dangerous place to be. I will have to search on this one to figure out what really happened. Was he, in fact, shot while running away or was he armed and shot at police first (like officials say)?

What is a Confederate hammerhead skin?
edit on 24-7-2012 by texasgirl because: Forgot to write a question

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I grew up in Dallas and my father is a retired Dallas detective in the same division that this happened.
S/E Dallas, especially Pleasant Grove, is one of the worst areas of Dallas, if not the worst. I would hold off speculation until more facts are known.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by texasgirl

live in the DFW area and the one thing I do know is that the area they're talking about is a dangerous place to be. I will have to search on this one to figure out what really happened. Was he, in fact, shot while running away or was he armed and shot at police first (like officials say)?

I doubt if you'll find that out anytime soon, since it was an officer related shooting there will be an investigation.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

These crowds forming are going to become more and more common, and at some point the police will not be able to stop it any longer.

Unfortunately, I would have to agree. Tensions are seemingly getting stretched quite a bit in this day and age. Not that they haven't in history, but current times just have an air of building pressure to them.

I do hope this current situation is met with resolve but, I have a feeling that if these situations like these continue, there will be one that is the proverbial straw on the camel's back.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join