It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gallup finds Obama approval rating rising for third straight quarter

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
Try to spin it however you want, the majority of Americans do not approve of the job Obama is doing. And overall his approvals aren't good.

Yet it's still more than double bush's record setting 22%....

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
It still amazes me that people don't use Pollingreport.com after being told about it numerous times... It's a conglomeration of ALL MAJOR polls and gives the results of each on one site instead of having to search 50 different sites to gather your data.....
Do people hate it when things make sense or what??

btw....Fox says Obama's approval is 55%, are you saying that fox is lying?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by HIWATT

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

Originally posted by HIWATT
How can his approval rating be increasing when he's done NOTHING to justify it?

LIES

When the surrounding political landscape is so flat, even a small mound can look like a mountain.

To put it most succinctly, if it looks like sh**, smells like sh**, and is covered in flies, it's sh**

Yeah . . . but it's only a problem if it is running down your leg. The trickle down on somebody elses' albeit nasty to watch, ain't no big thing unless you're down-wind.

In this case, it seems as though it's Romney with the incontinence issue while Obama is just sitting back watching him stink, thus the uptick in the polls.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

Today's polls don't matter, only the November one matters, and the "disapproval" rating doesn't matter unless there is a viable and significantly different choice out there to vote for. If they disapprove of both candidates equally, then the incumbent will win.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Not even close. I gave perfect examples of American stupidity and they have NOTHING to do with people agreeing or disagreeing with me. Take a look at the fat, loud, ignorant people on Maury and Springer. Take a look at the idiocy of Jersey Shore and the shallowness of the Kardashians. Take a look at their ratings and the fact that they are on the air. THIS is the mentality of Americans ... the people who are making the 'approval rating for Obama rise'.

It's not something to be proud of.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Obama looks good next to Mitt, very good. Even I think this sometimes until I go watch a speech by Ron Paul or Gary Johnson to snap out of it.

Face it, people are going to compare and contrast Obama only with Romney, as the other challengers won't even get mentioned most of the time.

[(my view)----(Johnson/Paul)---------------------------------(Obama)------------(Romney)]
edit on 24-7-2012 by nuclear12346 because: grammar

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

It's okay for Obama to say something but somehow Ann Romney becomes

Nope. I think Obama is an elitist dick. I don't like him or his politics, but thanks for trying to make it seem I do.

Wassa' matta' ... did I hit a nerve with the fact that Americans are becoming idiots?

Nope. It's just hypocritical one that lets ABC tell them what to hear/think is calling anyone an idiot. www.abovetopsecret.com...

ETA ... you are attempting DEFLECTION from the topic at hand.

I'm not deflecting anything, you did. This thread isn't about Americas intelligence but since you brought it here I might just point out the level of yours. You shouldn't make elitist IQ statements when you're letting the MSM form your opinions.

edit on 24-7-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by VikingWarlord
reply to post by LDragonFire

I think most of the general public is borderline retarded and follow whatever the media tells them to.

I don't think they are retarded, most people I know just don't pay attention to anything that is going on in the world around them, it drives me crazy.

They even tell me they don't care to know, I don't understand why people don't care.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

You are still deflecting from this topic AND you still fail.
You said I believe EVERYTHING ABC SAYS ... you haven't shown that at all.

I showed mutliple sources, including the original source, saying Ann Romney didn't say what people said she said. And I showed that Obama actually did say it. I showed the hypocrisy .. people getting all upset over Ann Romney but not caring that Obama actually really said it.

That in no way even comes close to your accusation that I 'believe everything ABC says'.

Again ... deflection and fail on your part. Go back to the thread where you are discussing altered time line theory ... that's something that actually has legs and merit. Or are you too busy watching Maury ....

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by longlostbrother

President Obama's job approval has steadily edged up in recent months andnow significantly outpaces that of Jimmy Carter and George H.W. Bush — the two most recent incumbents to be denied a second term — although the president remains below the crucial 50 percent threshold.

thehill.com...

Add that to Romney's huge political incompetence... viola.

Actually, I'm not a huge Obama fan, more of a Mitt-hater; that being said, even through my bias, I am shocked at the torturous route Mitt has taken to be the nominee. Wait until the world see's his debating "skills" - gonna be fun on the bun.

it's a good thing you have the mass media and Hollywood on your side to cover up Obama's failings, while attacking his critics on a daily basis. Without that, you wouldn't have a chance. Face it, you have a mass propaganda machine on your side.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
reply to post by VikingWarlord

Apparently the public doesn't agree with you, as his approval rating keeps rising.

Oh yeah? Whatever happened to all that national anger over Gitmo? high gas prices? High unemployment? Basically, where is all that anger from when Bush was president? I'll give you a hint. It was tied COMPLETELY to MSM outrage and manipulation.

Or is it just different when a Democrat does it?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I showed mutliple sources, including the original source, saying Ann Romney didn't say what people said she said.

Yet there's a video of her saying it. That's the whole point. You let ABC tell you what to hear and think.

Go back to the thread where you are discussing altered time line theory ... that's something that actually has legs and merit.

lol? Yeah, I've never done that. Nice try though... I'm a skeptic and barely believe in paranormal things

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

reply to post by longlostbrother

I would give ATS members more credit than the average American idol worshiper who doesn't bother to use any critical thinking skills whatsoever. As in all groups, however, there is bound to be lemmings who follow the herd mentality to their own demise.

You're using all the words they told you to use, now be specific with examples supporting that instead of just talking points spewed by faux news. Tell us exactly what critical thinking skills have been ignored and give evidence to support your examples. Tell us what herd mentality is prominent and support that with examples. ....oh wait, you aren't thinking critically, you are just following the herd mentality of what faux news tells you to do and using the talking points they told you to use.... how ironic...
Do you think everyone that disagrees with lord Obama likes "Faux" news? No, I can't stand any mainstream media, I don't fit in any category you have prepaired for me, and I don't appreciate your baseless assumptions. Way to prove my point about lemmings there smart guy.
edit on 7/24/12 by VikingWarlord because: had to

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Not even close. I gave perfect examples of American stupidity and they have NOTHING to do with people agreeing or disagreeing with me. Take a look at the fat, loud, ignorant people on Maury and Springer. Take a look at the idiocy of Jersey Shore and the shallowness of the Kardashians. Take a look at their ratings and the fact that they are on the air. THIS is the mentality of Americans ... the people who are making the 'approval rating for Obama rise'.

It's not something to be proud of.

So first you say you challenge anyone to find where you call a group stupid, and when the proof is given to you, you go on and on about them being "stupid" yet are only giving an opinion, no facts to back up what you are saying.....As far as the tv shows you mentioned....Jerry Springer, bible belt redneck republicans. Maury, bible belt redneck republicans, Jersey Shore/Kardashians, as "fox" as it gets....
So you're saying that the teaparty and GOP are the representatives of the stupidity of America? Now THAT I can agree with.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

reply to post by longlostbrother

I would give ATS members more credit than the average American idol worshiper who doesn't bother to use any critical thinking skills whatsoever. As in all groups, however, there is bound to be lemmings who follow the herd mentality to their own demise.

You're using all the words they told you to use, now be specific with examples supporting that instead of just talking points spewed by faux news. Tell us exactly what critical thinking skills have been ignored and give evidence to support your examples. Tell us what herd mentality is prominent and support that with examples. ....oh wait, you aren't thinking critically, you are just following the herd mentality of what faux news tells you to do and using the talking points they told you to use.... how ironic...
Do you think everyone that disagrees with lord Obama likes "Faux" news? No, I can't stand any mainstream media, I don't fit in any category you have prepaired for me, and I don't appreciate your baseless assumptions. Way to prove my point about lemmings there smart guy.
edit on 7/24/12 by VikingWarlord because: had to

It doesn't matter what source you watch or don't want, you are still being led by their talking points. You're just getting the talking points second hand, or third hand, but they still have full control over you. The only lemming you have proven to exist is you and my assumptions aren't baseless at all. You are clearly demonstrating with your own actions what it is you claim you are against. That's as hypocritical as it gets.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
In other news:

People tend to believe anything when they're handed free stuff.

/TOA

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Rise from what? 41% to 44% approval rating, while there is as of yesterday STILL a 49% DISAPPROVAL RATING?

www.gallup.com...

Obama is UNELECTABLE. That is the message that needs to go out to the sheeple. In vast quantities. Everywhere. Stand on the street corners. Make more petitions. Hand out Flyers, even if you are not a FlyersFan.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join