It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gallup finds Obama approval rating rising for third straight quarter

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit
reply to post by longlostbrother

.....And Then what did Jesus Say Gramdpa ? .,................

What's a Gramdpa?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by VikingWarlord

Bush was bad, but Obama is absolutely a complete, miserable failure in all aspects of the Presidency. I think both sides of the isle are bought and paid for, and the president just does the bidding of what ever corporate interests pay the most.

Can you be specific about what he has done that has been so absolutely horrendous? Things HE did, not things congress did or things that happened that he didn't initiate. What has he done that has been so horrible other than being liberal and being black? Not just your personal opinions, not just what faux news tells you to say, but specific actions taken by him that makes him the worst president in history?

...you know, things like declaring war against a sovereign nation, lying about WMDs that don't exist, making excessive tax cuts for 1% of the nation and saying "to hell" with the other 99% resulting in the tanking of the economy, giving excessive bailouts to large companies that used to money to give their CEO's a bonus, things like that. What has Obama done that makes him so horrible?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by abecedarian

Originally posted by LDragonFire
reply to post by VikingWarlord

Apparently the public doesn't agree with you, as his approval rating keeps rising.
He's at 49% disapproval / 44% approval as of Jul. 22, so he's down.
www.gallup.com...

edit on 7/24/2012 by abecedarian because: (no reason given)

Doing much better than the 22% approval/78% disapproval that Bush had yet a small group of people worship him for the high crimes and misdemeanors he committed.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by VikingWarlord

I would give ATS members more credit than the average American idol worshiper who doesn't bother to use any critical thinking skills whatsoever. As in all groups, however, there is bound to be lemmings who follow the herd mentality to their own demise.

You're using all the words they told you to use, now be specific with examples supporting that instead of just talking points spewed by faux news. Tell us exactly what critical thinking skills have been ignored and give evidence to support your examples. Tell us what herd mentality is prominent and support that with examples. ....oh wait, you aren't thinking critically, you are just following the herd mentality of what faux news tells you to do and using the talking points they told you to use.... how ironic...

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   

How very sad. The land of Maury, Springer, Jersey Shore, and the Kardashian watchers .... they all 'approve' of Obama. It's a sad testimony to American stupidity.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

[touches nose]

Look at the hoax section of ATS. Look how many people defend hoaxes, even after they've been debunked.

It's hard to believe anyone REALLY thinks ATS members are REALLY much more critically engaged than the general public.
edit on 24-7-2012 by longlostbrother because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Ah yes, the old, "people that disagree with me are stupid" argument.

It's a classic!

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by HIWATT
How can his approval rating be increasing when he's done NOTHING to justify it?

LIES

That it is.

See, it's a known fact that stupid people always follow what they believe the rest of their peers are doing or thinking. So if you convince them the other believe in Obama, they will follow.

Simple mind trick, but highly effective.

Opinion polls and the like are tools to dictate opinions.
edit on 24/7/12 by NuclearPaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

Evidence?

Go on.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by longlostbrother

I challenge you to find where I said that anyone who disagrees with me is stupid.
Good luck with that.

The truth is the truth. America is turning into a country of idiots. Look at those who go on Maury or Springer. Look at the Jersey Shore mentality. Look at the shallow idiocy of the Kardashians. Look at everyone who bought into the bamboozling Obama and his catch phrase 'yes we can' ... when in fact Obama lied about not having lobbiests, he lied about peace, he is just another typical politician. Obama sucks and 1/2 the voters in this country are too stupid to see it. (and .. Romney is no better)

Obama = trickle up poverty.
The idiots who are being robbed blind can't see it.
It's pretty damn pathetic.

Truth is truth. Deal with it.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

[touches nose]

Look at the hoax section of ATS. Look how many people defend hoaxes, even after they've been debunked.

It's hard to believe anyone REALLY thinks ATS members are REALLY much more critically engaged than the general public.

From my experience on here, they're actually a little less critically engaged than the general public. I understand that at one time, it was different here, back when it first started, but with the extreme influx of tea-partiers and more fundamentalist evangelicals, the average IQ has seriously dropped from what other people reminisce to me.

It seems like faux news dumbs them down, convinces they're actually the "smart ones" when they're dumb as a bag of rocks and the motto of "deny ignorance", to THEM is they are ignorant but they're going to deny they are instead of what it actually means.

My expectations for the site and what actually exists are very, very different. I expected to find intelligent people who were able to see past all the illogical arguments and the talking points, but more and more, especially on political threads, talking points are all you see. There is very little logic and reason involved, yet they THINK they're right because faux news told them they were.

Fox isn't even a REAL news source. They had a court case where they argued they were "entertainment" not news and that's how they are allowed to continue in what they do. But they definitely have the lower end IQ folks believing they are absolute news through and through instead of just talking heads there for entertainment purposes

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Yes, I'm pretty sure I've been predicting this for over a year. The unemployment numbers will fall off at the end of summer, the press will be reporting rainbows and puppies, the Christmas season outlook will be record-breaking according to the forecasters, gas prices will be low, and Obama will have a double-digit win over a Republican stuffed-suit that doesn't offer any real agenda other than to bomb Iran.

The Republicans are dead in the water unless they select a Ron Paul or a Gary Johnson to represent them. Anything else is just a concession for 4 more years of Obama.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I actually agree with all of that except the overly positive (IMO) Ron Paul stuff at the end.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

I challenge you to find where I said that anyone who disagrees with me is stupid.
Good luck with that.

The truth is the truth. America is turning into a country of idiots. Look at those who go on Maury or Springer. Look at the Jersey Shore mentality. Look at the shallow idiocy of the Kardashians. Look at everyone who bought into the bamboozling Obama and his catch phrase 'yes we can' ... when in fact Obama lied about not having lobbiests, he lied about peace, he is just another typical politician. Obama sucks and 1/2 the voters in this country are too stupid to see it. (and .. Romney is no better)

Obama = trickle up poverty.
The idiots who are being robbed blind can't see it.
It's pretty damn pathetic.

Truth is truth. Deal with it.

Well, since you've made two posts in this thread, there are two clear examples of it.

Originally posted by FlyersFan

How very sad. The land of Maury, Springer, Jersey Shore, and the Kardashian watchers .... they all 'approve' of Obama. It's a sad testimony to American stupidity.

color changes don't seem to work within quotes so let's try to bold feature

edit on 24-7-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

I actually agree with all of that except the overly positive (IMO) Ron Paul stuff at the end.

I didn't think I made it overtly positive? I believe a libertarian or constitutional based conservative is the only way a conservative has any chance against a very popular and powerful Obama, but I don't believe the Republicans have the foresight to actually put one up. I think they'll stick with Romney, and I think he'll get destroyed in November.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Yes, I'm pretty sure I've been predicting this for over a year. The unemployment numbers will fall off at the end of summer, the press will be reporting rainbows and puppies, the Christmas season outlook will be record-breaking according to the forecasters, gas prices will be low, and Obama will have a double-digit win over a Republican stuffed-suit that doesn't offer any real agenda other than to bomb Iran.

The Republicans are dead in the water unless they select a Ron Paul or a Gary Johnson to represent them. Anything else is just a concession for 4 more years of Obama.

Romney has the nomination. Paul can run as an independent if he wants, but the GOP has pretty much made their decision.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

In this quote

I found the assertion that they wouldn't be dead in the water unless they chose Paul/Johnson to be overly positive. I think they'd be dead in the water either way.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

It's pretty funny that someone calling Americans as a whole stupid, then denies that they called anyone stupid.

Maybe they meant aside from those 310 million people.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

In this quote

I found the assertion that they wouldn't be dead in the water unless they chose Paul/Johnson to be overly positive. I think they'd be dead in the water either way.

You might be right, but at least it would make it more interesting and add a lot more layers of consideration. With Romney, they are certainly dead in the water, with a true conservative, there would be a lot more discussion points to analyze, and the Obama strategy would have to shift dramatically.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Try to spin it however you want, the majority of Americans do not approve of the job Obama is doing. And overall his approvals aren't good.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join