It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have the solution to radically minimizing gun-related deaths

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

You're too tipsy to actually respond to us individually....aren't you....or, you went back and reread your OP, it even stuck to you the second time around.

Des

edit on 23-7-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic
reply to post by CaptChaos

I'm just gonna copy my new answer for everyone.

Okay I'm willing to make some improvements to my plan.

The requirements are now as follow:

1. A background check on your social stability, social circle, personal sanity, ideology and upbringing.

These tests are done regularly.

If you pass the set of tests ago for the first time you get to have a firearm of your choice. Sequent regular tests are done to determine if you can keep having your firearm.

Your new answer is even worse.

I will conduct all background checks, and I will decide who passes or not. Starting with YOU.

The Decider has spoken.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by Jepic

You're too tipsy to actually respond to us individually....aren't you....or, you went back and reread your OP, it even stuck to you the second time around.

Des

That's because the purpose of my thread is not to tell you how right my plan is but to improve it and find an answers which we can all agree on. Or at least the majority of people in this thread. It's a scratch-and-renew thread.

Everyone here presented valid points for why my plan is not right.

edit on 23/7/12 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptChaos

reply to post by CaptChaos

I'm just gonna copy my new answer for everyone.

1. A background check on your social stability, social circle, personal sanity, ideology and upbringing.

If you pass the set of tests ago for the first time you get to have a firearm of your choice. Sequent regular tests are done to determine if you can keep having your firearm.

Your new answer is even worse.

I will conduct all background checks, and I will decide who passes or not. Starting with YOU.

The Decider has spoken.

No, not you. A commitee of professionals. Among them top psychologists, psychiatrists, etc...
edit on 23/7/12 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

They already do background checks regularly. Every time you buy a new gun. I've had one with most guns I've bought. Exception is with private sales. I had another one when I got my concealed carry permit. How many more checks do we need?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

That's me. I'm a professional. Professional goat herder. Professional gardener. Professional Earth Mamma....

Des

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

WAIT i have a better idea STICK YOUR IDEA WHERE THE SUN DOESN'T SHINE really you're idea is the most asinine thing i have seen on ATS in a while.

edit on 23-7-2012 by CynicalWabbit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by scorpiosin

They already do background checks regularly. Every time you buy a new gun. I've had one with most guns I've bought. Exception is with private sales. I had another one when I got my concealed carry permit. How many more checks do we need?

The tests need to be on all points I presented above and they need to be much more deeper and intrussive.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalWabbit
reply to post by Jepic

WAIT i have a better idea STICK YOUR IDEA WHERE THE SUN DOESN'T SHINE really you're idea is the most asinine thing i have seen on ATS in a while.

Bet ya he got the idea from Obama......
I take that back...this idea has Pelosi written all over it....

Des

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

reply to post by Jepic

What do you suggest? Would you be willing to give me your idea/ideas on how it could be done better?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

reply to post by Jepic

That's me. I'm a professional. Professional goat herder. Professional gardener. Professional Earth Mamma....

Des

Herders, gardeners, earth mammas sadly have nothing to contribute in determing the mental readiness for an individual to own a firearm.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

What do you suggest? Would you be willing to give me your idea/ideas on how it could be done better?

The US has gun laws that generally work quite well, you're one of those people who see one nut kill people and want to take guns away from everyone...then only criminals will have them.

YOU CAN HAVE MY GUNS WHEN YOU PRY THEM FROM MY COLD DEAD FINGERS

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

reply to post by Jepic

The US has gun laws that generally work quite well, you're one of those people who see one nut kill people and want to take guns away from everyone...then only criminals will have them.

YOU CAN HAVE MY GUNS WHEN YOU PRY THEM FROM MY COLD DEAD FINGERS

Oh I'm only trying to find a way to minimize crimes by firearms.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

reply to post by Jepic

Des

Herders, gardeners, earth mammas sadly have nothing to contribute in determing the mental readiness for an individual to own a firearm.

IF TSHTF...tell me that when you're starving and I have plenty to eat on top of my mountain...and my guns to keep it that way.....
I'm mentally, and physically ready for attack of the nerds. You and your psycho-babble crowd can eat all the paper you've written your new rules on.

Des

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

reply to post by Jepic

Des

IF TSHTF...tell me that when you're starving and I have plenty to eat on top of my mountain...and my guns to keep it that way.....
I'm mentally, and physically ready for attack of the nerds. You and your psycho-babble crowd can eat all the paper you've written your new rules on.

Des

Hmmm... So we know that in your world everyday would be an Aurora day. Okay. Thanks for contributing. NOT.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
But it really surprises me how no one here gives a hoot about minimizing gun related crimes when that's all that you Americans keep complaining about. Jesus christ...

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

I didn't say that at all. You are attempting to put YOUR words into my mouth. Aurora was a tragic event brought on by a mentally unbalanced individual. You are in OMG panic mode to relieve all *sane* people of their right to own arms. I'm one of those sane, armed people. You need to get a grip Sweet Pea...we aren't all out to get you.

Des

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

But it really surprises me how no one here gives a hoot about minimizing gun related crimes when that's all that you Americans keep complaining about. Jesus christ...

Bingo...there it is. Knew it was coming. *You Americans*......

Yep....We Americans, have a Constitution that gives Us Americans, the right to bare arms.

Now, You, NOT American wants to swim across the pond and take them away from us. Why is that, I ask.

Des

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

Hmmm all i hear complaining are the usual liberal press since it's something that they can sensationalize for days on end. Quite frankly nobody has any control over a lunatic bent on killing whether it's with a gun or a bomb or even a rock.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

reply to post by Jepic

I didn't say that at all. You are attempting to put YOUR words into my mouth. Aurora was a tragic event brought on by a mentally unbalanced individual. You are in OMG panic mode to relieve all *sane* people of their right to own arms. I'm one of those sane, armed people. You need to get a grip Sweet Pea...we aren't all out to get you.

Des

Okay hun. I'm not in panic mode (I doubt you are psychic so stop assuming).
For now my renewed plan stands because... well I haven't heard a single problem with it yet (other than your belittling terms towards me.)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join