It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have the solution to radically minimizing gun-related deaths

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

But of course they would be prevented from rising to the top because people would be well informed and involved into state affairs unlike today where people are blinded by MTV and Hollywood.

I DO agree that the largest problems in this old World are caused by the ignorance of the masses. How is anything you've said, to this point, going to change any of that?

See ya,
Milt

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by Jepic

Ahhhh you forget your own words....one homogenous society. Excludes individuals. The very same individuals you claim would be aberrant in denying you the air you need to survive. In your perfect little world, everyone would think the same. So, it would be a collective action killing you, not an individual. Checkmate....

Des

"Good. I'll make one great speech to every single one of thsoe people then before I go. I'll tell them your greed for more power than your fellow man has been the sole contributor to the s***hole we experienced before my concept where people waged war against people, where people stole from one another, where people raped and murdered one another. If you want to go through all that s*** be my freaking guest. Unless you let go of your ego, the whole filth and pestilence will start again. The world will be divided again. It will be the same confusing and hellish place it has been before. Do you want that? Then kill me. I'll be watching all of you rot inside and outside again. "

How's that?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

But of course they would be prevented from rising to the top because people would be well informed and involved into state affairs unlike today where people are blinded by MTV and Hollywood.

Tell me, where is this ivory tower that you live in ? I'd like to visit with a wrecking ball and give you a dose of reality

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by AkumaStreak

Originally posted by Jepic

reply to post by Jepic

Much of what you speak of is based on complex non-absolutes. For example, what ideologies are acceptable and which are not? Who's to decide? Who's to judge the deciders?

What you describe also sounds really expensive. Ongoing nationwide evaluations for gun owners? Again, why not cure cancer or solve motor vehicle fatalities? Bee stings kill more people per year than domestic terrorism.

There is a lot of value in having a society full of fear, however. Unless you're not going to benefit from that, you're simply not doing sound logic/math.

Nice. I like it. You have made me renew my plan. My new plan is as follows.

1. Divert some of that massive defense spending to eliminate classes and create one homogeneous class. Everyone has more than enough to have a nice house and then some. This will reduce if not eliminate crime because well people won't have a reason to resort to crim in the first place.

PROBLEM SOLVED.

There are plenty of people who will not be happy with a decent house and then some. They'll want more and then they'll want more after that. Unbridled greed of a minority is one of the biggest problems in the world... your plan doesn't address this.

Also only some crime equates to robbery... there's plenty of other kinds of crime, so no, there will still be crime.

Don't quit your day job to become Mr. Problem Solver.

Well that's too bad then is it. They will just have to be like everyone else and enjoy their lifes like everyone else. And if they try to get more power then they will be stopped by the majority. SIMPLEZ.

Interesting, since that's exactly where we are today. And the majority is doing nothing, individuals are all but powerless. Not simple at all...

It's nowhere near like today. Nowadays the minority is ruling the majority because they have the knowledge and the power to do so. But I would give that knowledge and power to EVERYONE. Not just a select group of people. That way everyone looks after one another and everyone is in peace.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalWabbit
reply to post by Jepic

Tell me, where is this ivory tower that you live in ? I'd like to visit with a wrecking ball and give you a dose of reality

Oh is that not what is happening? GIMME A FREAKING BREAK! Knowledge sets you free. Ignorance traps you in. And the masses nowadays are ignorant.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by BenReclused
reply to post by Jepic

I DO agree that the largest problems in this old World are caused by the ignorance of the masses. How is anything you've said, to this point, going to change any of that?

See ya,
Milt

Better education, activities that involve everyone in nationwide affairs, less stupidity and more intellectual things provided by the entertainment industry, etc...

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

You sir are the ignorant one, what makes you think that everyone would want you're vision of Utopia. Do you think that you are so mentally superior that you can speak for the 7 billion people in the world with 7 billion different needs and 7 billion different dreams.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

reply to post by Jepic

You sir are the ignorant one, what makes you think that everyone would want you're vision of Utopia. Do you think that you are so mentally superior that you can speak for the 7 billion people in the world with 7 billion different needs and 7 billion different dreams.

In Jepic's perfect little world, we'll all live under rainbows and ride unicorns......

We'll all have a pot of gold with exactly an equal number of pieces in each pot. We'll finally all be perfect...hippies....

Des

edit on 24-7-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by CynicalWabbit

Do people want peace? My "utopia" offers peace.
Do people want financial security? My "utopia" offers them financial security.
Do people want to be educated and full of knowledge? My "utopia" offers them education and knowledge.
Do people want to explore the stars? Hell! Of course! My "utopia" offers them exploration to the stars and beyond.

To refuse my way, is to refuse what mankind has strived for since the beginning of its conception.

To refuse my way, is to be happy with the problems of today.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

We'll all have a pot of gold with exactly an equal number of pieces in each pot. We'll finally all be perfect...hippies

Hmmm is guess that's why i'm a malcontent....i missed the hippie years

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

reply to post by Jepic

In Jepic's perfect little world, we'll all live under rainbows and ride unicorns......

We'll all have a pot of gold with exactly an equal number of pieces in each pot. We'll finally all be perfect...hippies....

Des

edit on 24-7-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

No rainbows. (Manipulation of the weather is classified as a crime against planet earth in my "utopia".
No unicorns. (Genetic engineering is considered as a crime against living organism in my "utopia".

A pot of gold? DONE. If that makes you happy.
Hippies? DONE. Plenty of hippies in my "utopia".

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

I knew you'd come around to my way of thinking......

Des

link   
reply to post by Jepic

Do people want peace? My "utopia" offers peace.
Do people want financial security? My "utopia" offers them financial security.
Do people want to be educated and full of knowledge? My "utopia" offers them education and knowledge.
Do people want to explore the stars? Hell! Of course! My "utopia" offers them exploration to the stars and beyond.

To refuse my way, is to refuse what mankind has strived for since the beginning of its conception. To refuse my way, is to be happy with the problems of today.

Excuse me i can't stop

You are an idealist and you will never understand the real world and i pity you for all the frustration that you will go through finding out that the world is not perfect and never will be.

link   
Now ladies and gentleman, I know you won't mind if you excuse me. My day is about to start.

It was fun this whole debate we had. I might answer a few more replies still.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by CynicalWabbit

Well I'll tell you that a utopia is the only way to achieve peace in this world.

So if humans refuse to live in a utopia, it means humans don't really want to live in a peaceful world, for which fact I won't lose a millisecond of sleep over.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

Go to bed.....Sweet Pea....

Des

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

Well I'll tell you that a utopia is the only way to achieve peace in this world. So if humans refuse to live in a utopia, it means humans don't really want to live in a peaceful world, for which fact I won't lose a millisecond of sleep over.

"War will never cease until babies begin to come into the world with larger cerebrums and smaller adrenal glands."

H. L. Mencken

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Don't know where else to post this, so of course move it if there is a more appropiate forum.

Now we all know this gun control problem there seems to be and after some time thinking a great idea popped into my head.

What if we make the need of having a PHD a basic requirement for owning a weapon. Just to be clear I'm not saying anyone with a PHD should automatically be granted a gun. I mean it should just be a basic requirement to owning a gun and from there of course, further requirements would be to undergo a background check and then some mental tests. After if you are deemed safe, responsible, mature you get any gun you want.

So just to go into more detail here is my plan for the requirements a person would need to have a gun.

1. A PHD in any subject.
2. A wife/husband with at least an undergraduate degree.
3. A stable and happy social circle and social life.
4. At least one son/daughter.

There is my plan. Because if you think about it. Someone without a university education should not own a firearm. And if my plan was implemented neither would he have to own one because you can be certain he won't be massacred by a happy doctor or happy philospher for that reason.

With my plan only people with maturity, responsibility, and respect would have a firearm. You can be certain a shooting such as the Aurora massacre or any school shooting would be very rare.
edit on 23/7/12 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

im sure someone has brought this up already, but people that are proffesionals and have degrees also murder so now only the smartest murders get guns, YEAH, that is a great idea..........fing dipsh*t( im not resorting to name calling)this was just the first thing that came to me after i read the OP

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Unfortunatly, there are many factors that go into crime.

Emotions are part of that, and you cannot separate emotions from humans. It's part of what makes us human.

So emotions lead to crimes of passion. Emotions also lead to fear, happiness, hatred, jealousy. All those lead to a crime if allowed to fester.

Economics, not just money, but crimes rise as the economies go south, and get bad.. To use an old saying "Idle hands/mind are the devil's playground". Meaning, if someone is out of work, and running out of what ver, it's typically going to lead to crimes.. Theft, is just part of that..

Even in an Utopia, there will be crime.. People do not always mesh, there will always be people who do not get along for what ever reason, from ideas, thinking, to something as simple as "I don't like the way he smiles at me".

So forcing two people to occupy the same area, or what not, will lead to a problem.

Sadly it's not in the cards for humans at this point in time. Maybe someday, but I do not see it possible in the near future.. Maybe in 500 years, but I doubt it.

As far as the scum running the world. Every person in the world subject to these floaters is responsible for them being there. Once people start realizing this, and wake up to the fact the fox is in the chicken coup, we can clean out the predators, and regain a nice stable chicken house, and go back to tending the farm.

Hopefully we learn the lesson of these foxes tho, and are ever vigilant from here on out, and do not allow more foxes to get to the chickens again.

But first, time to get the foxes, 'cuz our chickens are gettin eaten.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Sorry, your plan isn't going to work. Remember the NASA woman that went nuts and drove halfway across the country to shoot her partners lover? I'm pretty sure she was very well educated, very smart, healthy and had a good social life. Let's face it, sometimes people just snap, it doesn't matter how smart, rich, educated or well liked they are.

I know americans love their 2nd ammendment, but if you look at the volume and severity of mass shootings around the globe, you'll see that countries with high gun ownership tend to be at the top of the pack. Sometimes reality can be a bitter pill to swallow

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join