It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops: Maine man brought loaded gun into 'Batman' flick

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Absolutely.

Not only that, it was the night before. Did he have all those weapons stashed in in his car, while at the theater ?

If he wanted to, I am sure he could have made his own "bloodbath" at the theater, that's for sure. Like you said, the Media will spin this.

Wait for the reaction, from the Politicians......

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
What's the big deal, other than some cops trying to get some publicity? I carried a loaded gun into the theater last Saturday to see the Batman movie, I also carried it into the grocery store, the dry cleaners, Sears, Red Lobster, Walmart and several other places. It is called Concealed Carry, I have a permit. It's legal, and by some miracle, nobody got shot.

I know right!

I carry one every day almost everywhere and yet it has never jumped out of its holster and attacked anyone.

Guns, they kill people from what I have heard. In practice though I think it's the person behind the gun...

Shhhh...don't tell anyone.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

What's the big deal, other than some cops trying to get some publicity? I carried a loaded gun into the theater last Saturday to see the Batman movie, I also carried it into the grocery store, the dry cleaners, Sears, Red Lobster, Walmart and several other places. It is called Concealed Carry, I have a permit. It's legal, and by some miracle, nobody got shot.

It's not a big deal that he was on his way there with an assault rifle, ammunition and other weapons?

Yeah, Concealed Carry is one thing, I'm all for it, but carrying an AK47 is a bit much IMO.

~Tenth

some states that would be completely legal to carry all that. for instance, Idaho, if i plan on hitting the range, before or after a movie, i can carry everygun i own and as much ammo as i care.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Disarming the populace is necessary for totalitarian government control. I have no doubt that anti-gun groups will try to capitalize on these events. It's simple psychology: if you present the average joe citizen with news report after news report about gun violence, they will eventually come to the conclusion that guns are scary even though the vast, vast majority of people who own guns don't go around committing massacres with them.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golf66

I know right!

I carry one every day almost everywhere and yet it has never jumped out of its holster and attacked anyone.

Guns, they kill people from what I have heard. In practice though I think it's the person behind the gun...

Shhhh...don't tell anyone.

Ok.

If a criminal has a gun obtained illegally whats to stop them from shooting you?

A tazer?

edit on 23-7-2012 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpookyFoxMulder
Disarming the populace is necessary for totalitarian government control. I have no doubt that anti-gun groups will try to capitalize on these events. It's simple psychology: if you present the average joe citizen with news report after news report about gun violence, they will eventually come to the conclusion that guns are scary even though the vast, vast majority of people who own guns don't go around committing massacres with them.

what makes this worse, is the fact that they will be disarming "good" people that follow rules.

"bad" people dont follow rules, why would they follow this one.

so now only criminals will have guns?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dizrael

Originally posted by SpookyFoxMulder

what makes this worse, is the fact that they will be disarming "good" people that follow rules.

"bad" people dont follow rules, why would they follow this one.

so now only criminals will have guns?

That assumes that our government officials care about public safety. What they really care about is making sure that people have no way to resist them when they take too much authority.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I don't understand the issue though? I'm not familiar with Maine's gun laws.... actually, I thought they were about the least restrictive in the nation? I always bring a loaded gun into the theatre, and often times I'll have another gun in the car, and I have plenty of guns at my house (although no machine gun at this time
).

So, what was his crime, why is this news, did he say he planned to do something with them?

ETA:

Whoops! Totally skimmed right past this part...

After police stopped his Mustang on the southbound side of the Maine Turnpike, he told them he was heading to Derry, N.H., to shoot his “former employer,”

OK, arrest him. Arrest him for the stupidity of telling on himself before he even did anything.
What a maroon!
edit on 23-7-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by OuttaHere
Isn't it obvious? This new (false flag) "trend" will eventually be used as an excuse to implement TSA-style security checkpoints in movie theaters and other public venues. It was clear to me from day one.

Whatcha talking about? It happens already!!!

youtu.be...

ARGGGGGGGG I can't find it but there was a bit on my local television. It was a gag show, and in the bit there is a TSA check point on the street. A black fellow, and his white friend are walking down the street when the two men funnel them in line, they look puzzled and laugh, but the men act serious so they comply. They empty their pockets walk through a metal detector, then the black guy gets through but they harass the white guy. Wand him, pat him down, grope his but, send him back through he beeps, they wand him search his pockets pat him down again, send him through, then they are trying to take him aside and he gets pissed then they reveal it's a hidden camera show, but I can't find the clip on line.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

So it begins.

Groups of copy/cats and others will be coming out of the woodwork in order to get their views and beliefs accross.

Wait...

What views and beliefs? Holmes didn't do this to make a point, as far as we know anyways.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I always bring a loaded gun into the theatre, and often times I'll have another gun in the car

Same here. Then again as you point out I'm not doing 114 mph on the way to murder anyone.

Media is blowing this incident out of proportion because the guy went to the same movie as the little candyass in CO.

I don't really get why he would offer the info to the cops. Perhaps his morality caught up to him when he was pulled over.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I think it was stupidity that caught up to him, not morality

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
something sounds odd about it ... bit too convenient suddenly arresting a copycat of the colorado incident ..
rather suspect its part of someones agenda ... has the smell of set up to it ...

I tend to agree.

The guy is going to drive from Maine to N.H. to kill his X-boss and for what? If he was going to kill his boss he would of done it when he got fired or left.

And seriously, if he did the speed limit, he would of gotten away with it.

Makes no sense.

Was he that much in a rush to kill him?
edit on 24-7-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
WOW, talk about a decade long grudge. Seriously..... Now this totally makes absolutely no sense. Your going wait 10 years to kill your x boss???????????

The man, who asked not to be identified because of the ongoing investigation, said Courtois worked as an insurance agent in his firm from 1995 to 2000.

"I hadn't heard from him in 10 years so I was rather surprised. Only after the fact did I realize that if it were not for police stopping him, I could've wound up a dead person," he told the Associated Press.

Give me a break!!!!!!!!!!!

Story is made up and unbelievable now.
edit on 24-7-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Too many mentally unstable persons and very lenient gun laws.

No wonder why we get at least 1 mass shooting every year here.

Guns are not the problem though, they are part of it. The other half is the mentally unstable having easy access to high powered rifles and armor.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Well, it's easy to get a gun in Japan, in Canada, or anywhere else in the world where guns are illegal and there are still plenty of murders. In Japan people will get stabbed randomly to death and the killer will go from one victim to another. If guns aren't easily available, other things are and that's the problem. You can't not sell anything that could potentially be used as a weapon. Even paper could be used as a weapon if used right.

The best method to deal with these crimes is to make gun laws more lenient like they used to be so everyone can carry a gun and the messed up people will get shot in the head or be too scared to even try to hunt people.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Look at the amount of guns he has, its crazy, enough to start a small war.

Does the average US citizen really need access to all that? its a little over the top to protect your home i'm thinking.

I really can't believe that so many of you think its ok for just about anyone to stock pile a small arsenal of weapons like that, including assault rifles, an AK-47 lol, the guy the other day had 6000 rounds of ammunition. You really need to sort your laws out, its beyond ridiculous.

Unless of course you expecting an invasion soon from a foreign force? aliens perhaps? :p

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by mushrooms

I don't want the King of England coming over here telling me what to do, kicking sand in my face and forcing me to misspell color.

Consider for a second just how many people in the US actually have this many guns, and that much ammo stockpiled. Shoot I've got more guns, less ammo though (if we are talking about CO kid). These instances are actually pretty rare in the grand scheme of things. Not rare enough mind you, but still pretty rare. I have a few ARs and an AK, tons of pistols and a handful of shotguns. I certainly don't intend to use any to hurt anyone. I just like shooting. It's like collecting cars I guess. Cheaper though. Every gun is different and 10 pistols will be suited for 10 different uses.

Cazy poopbirds will find a way. If not guns than bombs, if not bombs then cars.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Em2013
reply to post by muse7

Well, it's easy to get a gun in Japan, in Canada, or anywhere else in the world where guns are illegal and there are still plenty of murders. In Japan people will get stabbed randomly to death and the killer will go from one victim to another. If guns aren't easily available, other things are and that's the problem. You can't not sell anything that could potentially be used as a weapon. Even paper could be used as a weapon if used right.

The best method to deal with these crimes is to make gun laws more lenient like they used to be so everyone can carry a gun and the messed up people will get shot in the head or be too scared to even try to hunt people.

I would much rather take my chances with a knife wielding maniac than the lunatic from the other day. I think my odds of survival are much higher, don't you?

I mean lets see, a guy with a knife vs... a guy with body armor, tear gas, an assault rifle, a shotgun, a glock handgun, 6000 rounds of ammunition, high capacity magazine clips... I think the choice is pretty clear.

Unless this guy was a trained ninja with cat like reflexes, i seriously doubt he would have caused as much damage with just a knife.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by Domo1

I think it was stupidity that caught up to him, not morality

You have a good point...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join