It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops: Maine man brought loaded gun into 'Batman' flick

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Don't forget DC where it is absolutely forbidden, and only one person has ever received a CCW permit, and that person was a female anti-gun politician, but of course her need was special.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by AtcGod

Originally posted by DriCo04
I live in Maine and this has been on the local news. It happened not too far from where I live.

Apparently, this guy had 4+ handguns, a few AR15's, an AK47, a Saiga 12GA shotgun, some hunting rifles, and various other firearms/ammo -- they showed it all on the local news. I'm not sure what the big deal is. He did not bring this stuff into the movies. The suspect was speeding and he was pulled over. They found all the weapons on him when he was pulled over and at that point he admitted to the cop that he had brought a loaded handgun into the movie and that he was currently driving to New Hampshire to kill his boss, or so he claimed. I think he's just a nut comin' out the woodwork in the wake of all these other crazies.

Lol, so he gets pulled over for speeding, all the guns he owns are registered and he can have them in his car, he tells the cops that he was going to kill his boss.

Has he committed any other crime besides speeding?

Just curious.

He was charged with criminal speeding and carrying a concealed weapon without a permit. That's it.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Update on the situation:

Courtois is a manic depressive off of his medication - this may be a case of a guy going off the handle and choosing what was the most popular thing at the time. Colorado shooting is a huge news story so he went with that. It's uncertain to know if he meant anyone harm, but we have to admit it's kind of ridiculous to say that it's unfounded to be concerned with a guy going to the theater with thousands of rounds of ammunition and several guns. This may have been an attempt at a copy cat incident or it may have simply been wildly erratic behavior on the part of a man who's . is not together at the moment. It's hard to tell.

One thing, however, is that it's a ridiculous assertion to say 'just because a guy wants to protect himself at the theater doesn't mean he's dangerous'. Yeah, that's true but that isn't the case here. If he had a loaded pistol in his pocket then I'd give the guy the benefit of the doubt but come on. If someone set him up then it was very clever - but why Maine?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Is this a copy cat? Kind of sounds like someone who might want to protect themselves in the theatre incase something like the CO shooting happens again... Just saying... no proof that he intended anyone harm

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

he told them he was .ing to Derry, N.H., to shoot his “former employer,” authorities said.

Why would he tell or admit to anyone that he was going to shoot someone? Something about that seems off or strange? Or maybe I misunderstood?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
In my eyes, a ploy by TPTB to push a step to ban guns, rendering citizens helpless if the government decides to fully deploy its draconian laws onto its people. Thats the reason nothing like a massive law overturn happens now ~ The people have weapons and are willing to fight for their "God-given" rights.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
reply to post by sonnny1

You would think that would be the MAIN story... he was on his way to Kill his former employer... not the Batman angle..

media never fails to capitalize on a .line..

I am just happy that this guy was so stupid to have gotten caught before he could have taken lives.. I think the bail amount ( $50,000 ) is ridiculous.. he shouldn't have a bond until he goes through some mental health facility.. :shk:

edit on Mon, 23 Jul 2012 17:41:30 -0500 by JacKatMtn because: add bail amount

I have to admit that the timing is a bit weird. This guy is almost fifty. Am I supposed to believe he NEVER drove 100 MPH and got caught with firearms before this? Why now?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Originally posted by JIMC5499
What's the big deal, other than some cops trying to get some publicity? I carried a loaded gun into the theater last Saturday to see the Batman movie, I also carried it into the grocery store, the dry cleaners, Sears, Red Lobster, Walmart and several other places. It is called Concealed Carry, I have a permit. It's legal, and by some miracle, nobody got shot.

It's not a big deal that he was on his way there with an assault rifle, ammunition and other weapons?

Yeah, Concealed Carry is one thing, I'm all for it, but carrying an AK47 is a bit much IMO.

~Tenth

AMEN.

It's one thing if people have been properly trained to carry a pistol, and are focused on safety while it's on their person. They do so legally and responsibly.

...Bringing a car load of guns to anywhere other than a shooting range is nuts.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
They can take your guns. They can't take mine. Because officially speaking, I don't own any. And "officially speaking" no one here show own any.

There is one list you DON'T want to be on.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Lol, you should have seen my truck when I moved here to canada. We decided to caravan up, I got to drive the "gun truck", shoulda seen the jaws drop when I declared I had a literal truck full of weapons. Took over 4 hours at the border to fill out all the paperwork, the people driving by must have been like WTF. It was me, my father, my uncle, and 3 border patrol chicks, laying out an arsenal in the parkinglot. 4 men who hunt prettymuch anything that moves can amass quite an arsenal over the years, and I also brought a few of the swords from my collection that were too valuable to part with.
edit on Tue, 24 Jul 2012 20:00:50 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayFlores
reply to post by torqpoc

Okay, so you live in the UK and are worried about the gun laws in the U.S.? Seems like a case of worrying about your neighbors back yard instead of your own. Until you become a U.S. citizen, I dont feel your opinion holds much weight.
Nuff said.

Wow the level of arrogance is outstanding. It's a topic on a forum which EVERYONE is allowed to respond to, and invited to. It is actually in the T&Cs.

So should I not come to this website at all because there are topics about other countries than the UK?

Is my opinion less valid than yours because I don't live in the US?

Should my rights to freedom of speech be expunged because Dear JayFlores (I am being condescending and pejorative now, in case you might miss it) thinks so?

Go forth and multiply, the gene pool needs more idiots to run the factories for the elite.. there's a good chap.

Nuff said.

T
edit on 25-7-2012 by torqpoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by torqpoc

Looks like I struck a nerve with you. What was it? The neighbors back yard comment? Or was it the no gun rights comment? Sorry, I just have a hard time taking advice from someone who is hundreds of miles away(your own words) and getting their info from the MSM. You dont live here, have any real gun rights, or have a full grasp of how this country is. If you did you would realize how correct the statements I have made are.
On a personal note, seems like every since we kicked your rears out of this country and your King decided you shouldnt play with guns you guys have been pretty touchy about the subject.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Staroth

he told them he was .ing to Derry, N.H., to shoot his “former employer,” authorities said.

Why would he tell or admit to anyone that he was going to shoot someone? Something about that seems off or strange? Or maybe I misunderstood?

Yeah, it's off because he had no communication with his former employer for 10 years. Now all of a sudden out of the blue he's going to go after him. Please... Who is going a hold a grudge for 10 years?
edit on 25-7-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join