It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops: Maine man brought loaded gun into 'Batman' flick

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Doesn't this just seem more and more like the government using this latest "gun violence" to change the laws in order to disarm? I know the media will jump on every little tidbit about it they can to sell papers, but c'mon, this is beginning to really lean towards disarming the population.
I mean hell, the patriot act followed swiftly after 9/11, so how many times will they throw this gun violence crap out there before it becomes obvious what they are doing, while people (sheep) just nod their heads and go right along with it.
I just hope the people of the US will stand fast against this, we've already had our false flag and they just went ahead and pretty much banned all but the basic weapons here. The whole thing reeks of deliberate government intervention to me.

edit on 24-7-2012 by 74Templar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by mushrooms

I don't want the King of England coming over here telling me what to do, kicking sand in my face and forcing me to misspell color.

Consider for a second just how many people in the US actually have this many guns, and that much ammo stockpiled. Shoot I've got more guns, less ammo though (if we are talking about CO kid). These instances are actually pretty rare in the grand scheme of things. Not rare enough mind you, but still pretty rare. I have a few ARs and an AK, tons of pistols and a handful of shotguns. I certainly don't intend to use any to hurt anyone. I just like shooting. It's like collecting cars I guess. Cheaper though. Every gun is different and 10 pistols will be suited for 10 different uses.

Cazy poopbirds will find a way. If not guns than bombs, if not bombs then cars.

It doesn't really matter how many, the fact is if you want those weapons you have access to them. And why? what possible purpose does one have in owning so many weapons? and why assault rifles?

ok you have your guns for protection, but surely a handgun is enough to protect your own home? unless like I said your expecting the US to be invaded soon, which I doubt very much.

edit on 24-7-2012 by mushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Actually yes, some of us do need to stockpile an arsenal, some larger than others. The right tool, for the right job. You need to put in a nail, use a hammer or nail gun. You need to drive a screw, use a drill or screw gun. A hammer won't work on a screw, and vice versa.

Same goes for guns. Can't hunt a moose with a .22, and if you shoot a rabbit with a .357, well kersplat, you won't be bringing any meat home that way.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

Doesn't this just seem more and more like the government using this latest "gun violence" to change the laws in order to disarm?

I see it more as a way to sell papers. The thing was pretty much a non event. The only reason it made papers was that he went to the same movie as captain CO. I have another c for the guy but it's four letters and I'm behaving.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Why does "assault rifles" scare you so much? Because it sounds scary? Do you even know what an assault rifle is?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Wow, look at the first page of this thread, only 2 or 3 people even read the article before posting, all they saw was gun, batman, and conspiracy the government is trying to take away our rights. This has become more common lately on ATS, read the article before you comment on it or look stupid. It's not all a conspiracy believe it or not there are crazy people out there and obviously its very easy for them to obtain fire arms and ammunition. Good grief what has ATS come to in the past 6 years.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I agree this particular article is just the media getting on the gravy train over the Colorado shooting, but it just seems like every time this happens it brings the whole guns vs. no guns thing back to the fore. Weapons are really the last line the government needs to take down in order to have complete control. Nobody wants a bunch of pissed of citizens with guns knocking down the white house doors right? Especially when the government can be the only one with guns while the populace brings a stone or a stick to gunfight.

I know it's easy to jump on the conspiracy bandwagon with this and other shootings, but it just seems like it's all heading in that direction. Guns kill people, so we'll take them away to protect your children and friends, it for your own good, trust us. See what happens when we allow you to have guns? Sound about right?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I love the American way. They'd much rather someone get massacred than have their precious guns removed.

FREEDOM! (To kill)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

Why does "assault rifles" scare you so much? Because it sounds scary? Do you even know what an assault rifle is?

Why does a citizen need an assault rifle?? Assault rifles are made to kill quickly and cause as much damage as possible, how many people do you see hunting with an assault rifle? I live in Alabama and I can tell you None, Zero, they are loud and scare away game.

If we had it how everyone here on ATS wanted it anyone could walk into store and buy a gun, any type of gun, criminals, the mentally ill, etc.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Uniceft17

Correct me if I am wrong here, but all guns are loud and scare away game....... except maybe a BB gun.
Do you know what the differences are between an "assault rifle" and a "regular rifle"?
edit on Tue, 24 Jul 2012 04:28:25 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by 74Templar
reply to post by Domo1

I agree this particular article is just the media getting on the gravy train over the Colorado shooting, but it just seems like every time this happens it brings the whole guns vs. no guns thing back to the fore. Weapons are really the last line the government needs to take down in order to have complete control. Nobody wants a bunch of pissed of citizens with guns knocking down the white house doors right? Especially when the government can be the only one with guns while the populace brings a stone or a stick to gunfight.

I know it's easy to jump on the conspiracy bandwagon with this and other shootings, but it just seems like it's all heading in that direction. Guns kill people, so we'll take them away to protect your children and friends, it for your own good, trust us. See what happens when we allow you to have guns? Sound about right?

I get you. I just see more and more states becoming more liberal about guns, more permissive. Gun crime is going down at the same time. Assault weapon ban expired and were it in place it would not have changed anything. I think politicians are starting to get that. Hell I think Obama gets it.

I'm not all that worried yet. I think it prudent to keep a finger on the pulse of the anti gun rhetoric thrown around, but at the same time I'm not going to buy out the gun shop just yet.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I saw a gun the other day and it did worry me a little. Because after the event of what happened in my backyard, I was a little worried about why it was out in the open. I don't know what a machine gun looks like or ak-47 or the what not, but after asking his father. It turns out it was just a paintball gun. I have no clue. I think they look alike to tell you the truth.

Now to understand the situation.

Guy loses dog. Hears his dog bark when walking down the street from a house. Guy gets very agitated with "You stole my dog, give it back." He didn't steal his dog. His dog walked up to him at midnight. And he has been taking care of it, by giving him a bath and posting flyers around the neighborhood at 2 in the morning. He did the responsible thing. Then, he wanted a reward and then redacted and said it was wrong to ask for one, that's why at first he didn't want to give him back. Plus, he fell in love with the dog. I would of too, total cute chihuahua. But they did have pictures of the dog and it was his. So I alleviated the situation before it escalated even more. Which it was about too. I don't know what it is with [colored people] but they do have tempers. I was like, do I need to call the "911"? Give me a half hour and I will get your dog back. Most likely he is scared to face you considering what happened last month.

Weeks before this event, the same person with the dog who doesn't want to give it back to the rightful owner, shot someone in the foot accidentally or the gun just went off. If it was purposely, I would of aimed for the head or heart. But, that's just me.

He's still going through it. And it has totally left him to act all unsecured now. He seems a bit paranoid to me now after he got robbed.

In the end.. I finally after 1/2 hour of talking with him convinced him to come out with the dog and to give it back to his rightful owner.
edit on 24-7-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Because these weapons are made for killing other human beings? they are military weapons, not hunting rifles.

So don't tell me your hunting moose and rabbits with an assault rifle because thats just ridiculous.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
So this guy in Maine .......... how long would it take for him to get to colorado and back .... if he was devoted ?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Uniceft17

Originally posted by TKDRL

Why does a citizen need an assault rifle?? Assault rifles are made to kill quickly and cause as much damage as possible, how many people do you see hunting with an assault rifle? I live in Alabama and I can tell you None, Zero, they are loud and scare away game.

If we had it how everyone here on ATS wanted it anyone could walk into store and buy a gun, any type of gun, criminals, the mentally ill, etc.

Assault rifles are no louder than a deer rifle. Deer rifles use a much more potent round. I'm more worried about a skilled shooter with a deer rifle then an idiot with an AR. There is a reason people don't hunt with assault rifles, they aren't good for hunting. They are good for defending yourself late at night when someone takes a shining to your delicate parts.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   

My assault rifle is for home protection and coyotes actually, but that wasn't the point. If I used my deer rifle for home protection, the bullet would go through my walls, and my neighbors walls.

Like most people who are scared to death by guns, you seem to not know much about them. You seem to think that assault rifles are more powerful and deadly than "regular rifles" which is not the case at all.
edit on Tue, 24 Jul 2012 04:36:13 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I think it's that right, not the fact that you can own guns that is what most people are ignorant about. I could well imagine that for every shooter that goes nuts there are probably hundreds of thousands that responsibly own weapons. Even though most semi and fully auto weapons in Aust are banned or heavily regulated I still own a few weapons. They are properly stored, locked away and only used when needed. Why? Because I have a right and a responsibility as a gun owner. A right and a responsibility.

Take that right away and what do you have? As I said, the army shows up at a rally, they bring assault rifles, you bring rocks and sticks. It becomes pretty obvious put like that all this is done to the end of having a totalarian state where the government and it's military are the only ones with any real firepower. And it's articles like this that show the media is willing to use an emotional hook to get the people who are against gun laws to step out and say "see? We told you so!" And that's all it is.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

So which weapon is better at killing a mass amount of people in a short space of time? and why do you need an assault rifle to protect your home? like i said are you expecting the US to be invaded or something?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   

In a crowded area, my deer rifle and moose rifle would kill many more than the scary assault rifle. The bullets of those two rifles will go through multiple people easily. As I have already explained, my assault rifle uses bullets that will not go through a few houses, which is why I use it for home protection....

Also because it looks pretty scary. Someone ignorant of guns will see it and think I am rambo and run away.

edit on Tue, 24 Jul 2012 04:41:19 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   
This is mostly a non-story.

A: People bring guns to all sorts of places. They hide them, some have permits, some keep them in their cars. Especially Maine, it's a hunting state, it's a gun state. Most people don't care.

B: They sensationalize the fact that he went to a "Batman flick", when in fact his prerogative was to kill his boss, which he explicitly states.

C: In order to associate this with the fearmonger "copycat" paradigm, they claim he had "press clippings" of the shooting in his vehicle.

I would like for them to define "press clippings". Seems to me he's likely to have had newspapers with the story all over it in his car, considering they're on all the papers across the country. They loosely use the language "press clippings" to insinuate he cut the stories out and placed them in his car. I doubt that very much, as their desire here is to scare.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join