It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Gigantic Mothership UFO Photographed Near Sun By NASA

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I love Aliens posts but on this one I'm with the artifact people, if you play through the sequence it just suddenly is there, its there for under a minute and then just as suddenly gone, no arrival or departure.

I know some will be tempted to say it made its dimensional 'jump' but I think that would be just pushing it too much.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by AboveBoard

jsoc.stanford.edu...
First time I pulled it up it must not have loaded correctly and looked like a fuzzy blob (I thought you might have been messing with me :-( ...instead I find you extremely helpful) - just looked again and there it is - correctly loaded this time - thank you so much!

I really do appreciate the help. And there has been great commentary on this thread!

peace,
AB
edit on 24-7-2012 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Yet another giant space moth, drawn to the flame.

How about some out of the box thinking here....

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
More rubbish.

These are image artifacts, and high energy particles hitting the sensors.

StephenHanardADG preys on the dumb/gullible. This is who discovered this "mothership".

The guy doesnt know what he is looking at, and literally just uses anything that looks remotely weird. I could find thousands of these glitches given enough time.

Streetc(r)ap1 is another one for using high energy particle collisions and calling them UFO's. If you go to the NASA website it even explains what these streaks and blobs are.

If there were something the size of Jupiter near the sun, it would be easily observed from earth. The fact is, what you are seeing is a fraction of a millimeter wide, and has nothing to do with advanced lifeforms refueling.

Look at streetcap1 channel, he finds a single frame (like hannard) from the millions available. Sticks an arrow next to it with a question mark, then lets the ignorant debate it. KNOWING exactly what it really is. One of these rays has got him 800k views on one video. 800k views = £1200-£1800 in adsense.
Dont believe me??? check out this site, and type in the name of a youtuber. Preferably someone with lots of views.

www.socialblade.com/youtube

Hundreds of new ufo channels have opened in the past couple of months showing solar rays, in all sorts of shapes and sizes. In a single 24hr period i could probably find 50-100 "ufo/motherships" next to the sun.
Not all the rays hit head on, some overlap giving strange shapes. These are the ones people tend to use.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

That was wonderfully put and very well thought out.

Still, there would be NO threads if people who really know pretty much nothing but our own guesses even just feelings often did not have the freedom to voice our thoughts.

This place keeps saying "deny ignorance" but we are not all a bunch of scientists, does that really mean we should not have opinions?
Sometimes those that see as a child turn out to be right. it is NOT ignorance to hear peoples thoughts and give every person a chance to be heard.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

I am not so sure if its an UFO. The "thing" is there between 14:40:46 and 14:41:21.
During this time the picture was completely still. The picture changes only at 14:40:46 and 14:41:22 respectively. Then the object disappeared. It can not just show up and disappear. There should be some type motion of the object before and after the specified time. That couldnt be seen there.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
My friends,

Human Alien has left the thread and apologises. He is currently exploring the universe aboard said " Mothership "

C'mon HA, seriously?

Be safe be well

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Now now, no need to be rude to the OP regardless of what you think of his claim.

Although highly unlikely, it is possible. It would be better to dissect the picture objectively than to insult the OP, Phage, NASA, or whoever it is you feel like talking about.

Now please, let's be a little civilized. ATS is better than this...Usually...

Now then, although this seems to be a very strange picture, there are several possibilities. One of which is the source (I don't generally trust blogs, and they claim there isn't a photo uploaded to the NASA site), or it could just be a simple camera glitch as stated previously, so there's plenty of room for doubt.

But hey, maybe they're just on their way to the London Olympics

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by FlySolo

The primary public SDO website provides browse data with a cadence of about 15 minutes. The spacecraft takes images with a much higher cadence. Full cadence (12 seconds) FITS files and available but images at 33 seconds are more readily available in JP2 format.
jsoc.stanford.edu...

The "mothership" appears in a single frame. It does not appear in the frame 33 seconds before or the frame 33 seconds afterward.
edit on 7/23/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Probably de-cloaked and then re-cloaked.
Cloaking takes less than 33 seconds

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
It makes sense that if there actually were giant UFO's near earth they would try to hide themselves in the corona of the sun. Just like a police officer shines a flashlight in your eyeballs to confuse you and prevent you from seeing what they are doing. Sneaky sneaky.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Anyone who's been here on ATS for a while knows not to expect too much substance in a thread like this. Still, the threads will persist. Human Alien estimates that the "mothership" must be several Jupiter's in length. This of course, is a guess as they sorta admit, since HA has no way to tell how far the "mothership" is from the camera.

But then! We have someone amazed by the "fact" that this "mothership" is several Jupiter's long.

Nothing to see here.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
I thought I'd screen grab this photo (which is included in the original link) to give viewers a better idea of how large this is.
I estimate this being a couple of Jupiter's long.

DAMN cool photo.

Thx!

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
Occam's Razor (as applied by most people)

Most Simple Explanation ..... > ..... Alien Mothership

Occam's Razor (as applied by member 'Human_Alien')

Alien Mothership ..... > ..... Most Simple Explanation

(Not directed at you FoxMulder147, just a general comment)

Intellectually honest explanation.....>.....No clue what it is.

Using the words Alien Mothership is dishonest from the outset.

Honesty would be an "unknown anomaly on a SOHO image that may an imaging glitch."

Anyone who claims to know what it is for sure is this topics worst enemy. They guarantee it will never be taken seriously. Since I take it seriously, I'm offended by the every anomaly on an image is an Alien piloted UFO crowd. It makes us all look the fool.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
clearly a basking shark

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

I hear what people are saying about this being an artifact, but I didn't realize artifacts gave light!

This image clearly shows light being omitted from the object.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I was just reminded and it dawned on me how reminiscent this 'glitch' is of that China UFO that actually closed the airport a few years ago (which, debunkers called a blurred out helicopter
) Check it out

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
More rubbish.

These are image artifacts, and high energy particles hitting the sensors.

StephenHanardADG preys on the dumb/gullible. This is who discovered this "mothership".

The guy doesnt know what he is looking at, and literally just uses anything that looks remotely weird. I could find thousands of these glitches given enough time.

Streetc(r)ap1 is another one for using high energy particle collisions and calling them UFO's. If you go to the NASA website it even explains what these streaks and blobs are.

If there were something the size of Jupiter near the sun, it would be easily observed from earth. The fact is, what you are seeing is a fraction of a millimeter wide, and has nothing to do with advanced lifeforms refueling.

Look at streetcap1 channel, he finds a single frame (like hannard) from the millions available. Sticks an arrow next to it with a question mark, then lets the ignorant debate it. KNOWING exactly what it really is. One of these rays has got him 800k views on one video. 800k views = £1200-£1800 in adsense.
Dont believe me??? check out this site, and type in the name of a youtuber. Preferably someone with lots of views.

www.socialblade.com/youtube

Hundreds of new ufo channels have opened in the past couple of months showing solar rays, in all sorts of shapes and sizes. In a single 24hr period i could probably find 50-100 "ufo/motherships" next to the sun.
Not all the rays hit head on, some overlap giving strange shapes. These are the ones people tend to use.

Damn......

You know, I've been working hard my entire life (many decades now) doing honest work, and earning squat for it....

Considering all I know about making videos, CGI and astronomy......I think I'm in the wrong line of work. Looks like I need to start up a new YouTube channel and do the same thing, post anomalies. And I wouldn't even have to come post them here. Plenty of others here would do it for me, and I can watch the clicks happen, and the cash roll in..........

All I need is a new email addy, and a new YouTube account......

But then that honest side of me kicks in.......I guess I need to find away to kill it and earn that extra money for gas.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

So the news photo is showing the same craft emitting beams in the 33.5 nm range (which is NOT visible light btw).

wow. Hope no one was under it. If they were (and it's wild that the camera that wasn't designed to capture that bandwidth of "light" did), then they should get to a doctor ASAP as their risk of cancer just went up about a thousandfold......

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elepheagle
Anyone who's been here on ATS for a while knows not to expect too much substance in a thread like this. Still, the threads will persist. Human Alien estimates that the "mothership" must be several Jupiter's in length. This of course, is a guess as they sorta admit, since HA has no way to tell how far the "mothership" is from the camera.

But then! We have someone amazed by the "fact" that this "mothership" is several Jupiter's long.

Nothing to see here.

"This of course, is a guess "
Thanks for parroting what I specifically said!

Nothing to see here.
Many would beg to differ.

Thanks for stopping by and venting

I'm sure I'll see ya on my next 'nothing-to-see' thread

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join