It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It might be time to ban pickup trucks

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
11 people dead and another 12 injured after a pickup truck crashed near Goliad TX. What where at least 23 people doing inside one pickup truck?

www.washingtonpost.com...

State troopers and Goliad County sheriff’s investigators were investigating what prompted the single-vehicle crash and did not immediately know the names and ages of the victims. Gerald Bryant, a spokesman for the Texas Department of Public Safety, told The Associated Press they were various ages and that he personally saw two young children among the dead at the scene.

“This is the most people I’ve seen in any passenger vehicle, and I’ve been an officer for 38 years,” Bryant said, referring to the chaotic scene.

The white 2000 Ford F-250 pickup was heading north on U.S. 59 on Sunday evening when it traveled off the right side of the highway near the unincorporated community of Berclair in Goliad County and struck two large trees, Bryant said. The 23 people were loaded inside both the truck’s cab and bed.

Is it time to ban pickup trucks??

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Terrible tragedy.

Is a truck's main purpose to kill people? Or is it transportation? What are trucks made for?

Can you tell me what an AR-15 is made for? and it's purpose?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Yes but its illegals so no one cares...

I Just saw this story and immediately thought the only thing separating this from the other tragedy is the deliberate action and intention of one man.

Both are equal tragedies, both show us how fragile and precious life is.

and yet only one has the news buzzing.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Ok ok...but that issue aside.

There is really only one explanation.

That truck must have been packed full of illegals.

Anyways, its funny how one tragedy follows another.

But one takes precedent and the other will go unnoticed.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
honestly if they were doing dumb things that can get you killed and do, then they were wrong.

They did in fact crash and die. They were not smart enough to see that. Like a jumping into a pool and not remembering you can't swim...their fault. No need to ban anything. Law of life. Dumb people die. That's not an insult, but reality.

That is why it is not good to be dumb. No one is. We are just either lazy or not interested in learning.

If you have a incapacity, then fine. If not, no excuse. You gambled and lost.

The public should not have their lives modified because some are irresponsible with their lives.
edit on 23-7-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

An AR 15 is made to project lead at a high velocity and accuracy.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
There is more legislation of motor vehicle laws being passed than there is of firearms.... Very few people depend on guns in comparison to those that depend on motor vehicles yet firearm owners in most states aren't required to be licensed and insured....You can easily live without guns but people that need a pickup truck to haul wetbacks or other items needed to make a living might end up drawing welfare checks..... We couldn't have that now could we?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Double Post

edit on 23-7-2012 by hypervigilant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

Seems like a rather pointless thing to waste resources on if that's their true purpose. :p

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
The difference between a truck and a rifle is that you cannot fight an unjust government with a Ford F-200.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
This was just a bunch of idiots not using the truck for what it was designed for then getting suprised when everything goes pear shaped. No need to start suggesting pickup trucks be banned, depriving tradies of their staple mode of transport, not to mention the millions of people that use them to cart large/unusually heavy objects around.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Really?

Ask the IRA and the taliban.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
reply to post by beezzer

Really?

Ask the IRA and the taliban.

If your intent is to blow up markets, then you are correct.

I was thinking along more civilised lines though.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
Ok ok...but that issue aside.

There is really only one explanation.

That truck must have been packed full of illegals.

Anyways, its funny how one tragedy follows another.

But one takes precedent and the other will go unnoticed.

An AR 15 is made to kill and you know it. Stop it.

We get your point. This story didn't take precedent in the news because one person wasn't responsible for shooting dozens of others. But that's the way it is. What do you propose we do? Stop looking at reality for what it is? The reality is that you don't pile 2 dozen people into a pick-up. That's common sense but ask any coyote if he gets paid more when he transports more people. Greed will trump common sense every time in these cases.

The reality is also that there were many people in that movie theater because it was designed to hold that many people, and nobody goes to a movie thinking "There's a possibility I make not make it out of here alive" But when you're one of 23 people in a pick-up........that thought has to cross your mind.

ETA Sorry, I meant to quote the AR-15 comment.
edit on 23-7-2012 by Taupin Desciple because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   

The difference between a truck and a rifle is that you cannot fight an unjust government with a Ford F-200.
reply to post by beezzer

That made me lol.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

If you gave pick up trucks to Alexander the Great I bet he would have conquered the world much faster than he did.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I am not sure I buy this. Gerald Bryant is quoted as saying “This is the most people I’ve seen in any passenger vehicle, and I’ve been an officer for 38 years,” and then "It’s unknown whether or not (the victims) were illegal, but it’s possible,” Bryant told the AP.

Seems to me he'd know. Or is he covering up a government flase flag? Is this an attack on the publics right to drive trucks? Smells of a false flag to me.

He looks like a preist. I'm sure he's a pervert too. Something really odd about him.. I smell a rat, a very dirty dirty rat. Something doesn't add up.

No siree, something does not add up..

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

unless ur doing a drive by

motor\arms fusions i like to call it

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

I enjoyed my AR-15 for both sport and some light competition. I'm not good enough to go anywhere serious with that but it was fun when I could afford to feed the little beast.

There is a growing community of people who really enjoy the "Black Rifles" as they have been called, for completely sporting and entertainment purposes. Defense is a point, but limited as I sure hope no one in MY neighborhood has an AR-15 with FMJ rounds for defense. I could be 3 houses away and still have something in my wall.

Depending on the critter someone has in mind, they can be very effective tools for hunting too. I wouldn't hunt Deer with one and most states wouldn't allow that small a bullet for that anyway but Feral Hogs sure have no weapons restrictions. Heck, anything goes to hunt down those. So there are a wide variety of uses well outside of shooting a person.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

An AR 15 is an adaptation of the gun.

You would have to rephrase that, question hehe. (even though you didn't ask it)

Anyways, one person was driving the truck that killed 11 people. Wouldn't that make him responsible?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join