It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

it turns out humans can live forever, after all

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Teeth brushing, my wife brushed hers twice a day, all her fillings eventually fell out, meaning more pain at the Dentist, my plaque sloughs off on its own every 2 or 3 days, and due to soft enamel, I don't have many teeth left anyway, I too use tooth picks, as my gums are receding, as they do with age.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Reply to post by WP4YT

A few hundred years ago that list was the only way of living, if theres anything special about his lifestyle then it would have been noticed in the past right?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by OrphenFire
Another thing, and some people don't understand this: don't use toothpaste. It's a bit like the "don't cut your hair" part because humans never had toothpaste in prehistoric times.

We also only lived to 30 or so (Not sure, but certainly not very long) so our teeth only had to last 20 years or so.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

3) Drink only water, or other natural water-based drinks such as tea. He said no to coffee, because he consideres it a drug due the the caffeine content, which leads to number Text

yes and tea contains no caffeine? It is a mild drug as it relaxes you kinda like diazepam tablets

6) Do not cut your hair. This one seemed far-fetched to me but he claimed that one tribe in particular believed the hair was not meant to be cut and would not cut their hair. He said from a naturalist viewpoint this makes sense, as basic humans before tools would not be able to cut their own hair.

Before they had wheels they never drove anywhere so we should not use cars or anything with wheels?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
better to live a balanced lifestyle.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
All those listed will make you live healthier which leads to living longer.. but your genetics wil catch up to you, your death is in the genes(literally). After failed DNA copying after 80-90 yrs, you incomplete body can;t cope with the environment, eventually it gives into sickness and injury and dies off.

Only way to prevent aging is focusing on Biotechnology... well it seems there are two things that are immortal, a type of jelly that reverts back into a "larvae" stage and your common Lobster, Lobsters have close to perfect DNA replication. If those lobster were to follow your list of things + avoid human hunting and water pollution, they will live forever.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
you keep referring to people in ancient times

people in ancient times barley lived till their 30s dint they?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint

Originally posted by OrphenFire
Another thing, and some people don't understand this: don't use toothpaste. It's a bit like the "don't cut your hair" part because humans never had toothpaste in prehistoric times.

We also only lived to 30 or so (Not sure, but certainly not very long) so our teeth only had to last 20 years or so.

I'm not sure, but I don't think scientists know how long prehistoric man lived. 30-40 was the typical age limit for Western Europeans before about 1880... Other cultures had much better longevity throughout history.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by rkingpin

6) Do not cut your hair. This one seemed far-fetched to me but he claimed that one tribe in particular believed the hair was not meant to be cut and would not cut their hair. He said from a naturalist viewpoint this makes sense, as basic humans before tools would not be able to cut their own hair.

Before they had wheels they never drove anywhere so we should not use cars or anything with wheels?

Lol that's silly. Driving doesn't alter your body.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Hey, on a related note, the long hair and the native's losing their skills. Does anyone recall the story of Samson in the Bible?

He was a skillful and powerful man, and his love interest knew the secret to his powers was supposedly tied to his exceptionally long hair. She was plotting against him, and fooled him into cutting his hair, after that he was unable to defend himself and he was assassinated.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by rkingpin

3) Drink only water, or other natural water-based drinks such as tea. He said no to coffee, because he consideres it a drug due the the caffeine content, which leads to number Text

yes and tea contains no caffeine? It is a mild drug as it relaxes you kinda like diazepam tablets

Actually good point. He cuts his bushes and stuff by hand with a sickle because he doesn't believe in using lawn mowers or gas-powered power tools. He sees things like oil leaks and gas leaks spilling on his land as contamination. He drives his car as little as possible and mostly rides his bike.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join