It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Iranian people continue Down with the US ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01
Really,

I could care less what the Iranians say.

They are as just as bad as every other person or persons in power. They want more power and they will spew propaganda to their people anyway that makes them seem bigger, better, badder, and they always blame the "other" country or people for their problems.

Religion has no place in this world anymore. I am so sick of all of the "our team is better attitudes". It is a repeated slogan that has been yelled for centuries. With peace not even being an option. Look at all of the killings in the name of "GOD".

Peace is a pipe dream and this world will not progress to the next level as long as we have religous "entities" playing the team sport.

Where there is religion, there is a hatred for the opposing team. Even if you "god loving people" don't want to admit it.

It doesn't matter, even if we(the US) pulled every single troop out of the mideast, there would still be fighting, killing, bickering, religous persecutions, because this is what religions are all about. Find the "satan" and blame him. He is the reason we are so unhappy, our crops are failing, our water is non drinkable, and so on.

This is so ignorant and I really am quite stumped on how people can even fathom the thought of a savior making things better. It hasn't happened since the inception of religion and it will not happen as long as there is a such thing as religion.

So please take you anti American rhetoric somewhere else, because truly educated folks(not religous indoctrinated peoples) see right through this hogwash.

I am sorry but the religious teaching of Buddha and Jesus and Bhagavad Gita is not at fault. They all teach teach nonduality and frankly most smallminded people are to stupid to understand nonduality.

You are in fact making a statement above against duality where different smallminded people cannot look beyond their own ideas and see everything as a whole and question their own ideas/belived perfection.

The problem is always the influence of the ego in the mind and that ego is in all humans more or less. That is the great satan that you are supposed to fight. And that exist if you are religious or not or spiritual.

If a country is ego parasitic/greedy and is causing havoc around the world without empathy can it not be described as a demonic entity?

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by mideast

And about OBL , he is killed and his body is in the ocean , so your govt doesn't need to stay in Afghanistan anymore.

I actually agree 100% with that. Bring our troops home. I also believe extremism, is a bane for the whole World. You have to understand, extremism has caused many deaths also, even for the Iranians. Not everything is an American/Israeli Production. I posted this Yesterday. At the 15:00 mark, a young Iranian lady says it exactly how it is, for Iranians. She states that the mix between Religion, and Government is the problem with her Government. You have to understand , this film brings the richness and the beauty of Iran, to the forefront. I was pleasantly surprised, that she was able to show her displeasure, at her Government, without ANY reprisals, or without it being edited. If this is what she believes, how many more, in that country, believe the same thing, but are unable to voice their opinion?

You also see the US Embassy, in the Video, and as Rick states, The Average student/young person, believes its old news. If you ask many Americans, NO ONE wants a War with Iran either. Its very Ironic, that Americas Congressional approval rating is at 18%, I believe. As you can see Mideast, around the World, The People, do have a voice, but in many instances, the voices, are being silenced by Governments, hell bent on keeping control. Works in America, and in Iran also.
edit on 22-7-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

No one wants bigoted and oppressor regime.

People in Iran can express their opinion about their govt every where they like.

They talk about their daily problems.

The point is that they know the difference between this regime ruling Iran , or American govt invading Iran.

And that is why they don't prefer US invasion or intervention.

They know bout history of west supporting and installing puppets. And I think you know it yourself , too.

Puppets like old Shah or like Saddam , or like Saudi king have an expiration date. There will be no development and scientific improvement with a puppet leading the country. There will be just western advertisement and consuming garbage that west makes by using our own energy. There will nothing but slavery.

That is called neo-colonialism.International corporations tell nations "you should buy our garbage and we take your oil instead". That is the slogan that is made for oil rich countries.

For poor African countries it is like "You don't have anything to offer , then we have nothing for you".

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01
reply to post by mideast

In middle east the peace has gone , and there are several clues that lead to your govt.

The United States has been around for a little over 200 years. That really is not that long in the terms of history.

Has there ever been a point throughout history where there was peace in the ME? And did this peace if it happened at all, did it come from a war in which the middle eastern people were killing other middle easterns?

Who were you guys blaming before the US came into play, who took the blame then for the problems?

The installation of Wahhabi sect is about 300 years old. But the blame is on UK.
There was periods of time when people could enjoy peace and build their country.

The point is US defrauding middle eastern nations and leaving them home wrecked is not going to do any good to the nations.

And that is not a true reason for justifying the attacks on Muslims middle eastern countries.
edit on 22-7-2012 by mideast because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mideast

i think you lot are seeing it wrong

US...supported saddam in the iran /iraq war....

while he was bombing civilian targets...also using chemical warfare on civilians...america continued to give him weapon, ammo, money and support.

thats why.....
peace

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Tough calling the U.S. "the great Satan". We're not run by a religion that publically or even privately stones women to death for adultery. Nor do we oppress women, and force them to dress up where the sun can't shine on them like this:

Hardly a burqua but you can rest assured that Western nations suppress women in other ways.

Nor do we have any goals of establishing world wide sharia law at the expense of other people's freedoms of choice.

I really would have to take issue with the establishing world wide Sharia law bit and the freedom of choice. Maybe not Sharia law but definitely Alerican world wide 'democracy'. Where is the freedom of choice in that one is being introduced to it from 30,000ft?

If you want to see what Satan is just read about Muhammad, all that raping, pillaging, converting by the sword, pedophilia, lying, stealing (and stealing other men's wives), warring.

In all of the books written by men you will find the same.

From the bible:

2 Samuel 12:11 "This is what the LORD says: Out of your own household I am going to bring calamity on you. Before your very eyes I will take your wives and give them to one who is close to you, and he will sleep with your wives in broad daylight."

Samuel 15:3 "Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy all that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys."

And there are any many more in both books.

In that respect one religion is no better of worse than the other.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Actually, I've had some lengthy chats with a Shia muslim lady through ATS for a period of time earlier this year. She's gone back to the Middle East now as I understand it, but it was very educational and enlightening. Some good and some bad. The point is though, it was a positive experience. She didn't approach me with outright hostility from the word go and I didn't approach her that way. Amazing, but we got along fine, as far as an online friendship ever goes. A similar experience with a very inquisitive Indian (As in India) user a few years ago was equally informative.

So contact with one person, sorry two, one of which was Middle East and - don't jump on me - female (less likely to be antagonistic) and used to Western culture are what you base your somewhat myopic view of how someone from the Middle East without contact with the West other than through the Internet should/would approach or respond?

I have been to Israel and to Jordan, albeit some time ago now, and I see the differences between the two cultures and the view of the West from the two perspectives. I doubt that much has changed in the intervening period.

It isn't culture and it's not origin that makes someone half way decent or outright combative

Do you really seriously believe that? :shk:

I guess you do not have much experience of the world in that case. It is just exactly those things that make people so. It is not, other than a protection mechanism, the normal way to behave aside from a few individuals that are basically born that way - and there are many examples in the West as well. Most people just want to get on with their daily lives but it is just precisely culture that does this to them.

Never come across the National Front or the Nazi Party, the EDL or even the Mods and Rockers? I was a Rocker and yes the collective culture does that to you (it is the same as gang culture and do you not think that that influences people?). I am not saying it is right, but that it is the case, and you are living in a dream world if you deny that.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by mideast

mideast?

Le's play "what if".

What if; Saddam hadn't invaded Kuwait?

There would have been no Gulf War I.

What if; the Twin Towers hadn't been destroyed by 19 mideastern terrorists?

There would have been no Gulf War II.

It's easy and "chic" to blame America for all the ills in the world. But, without the introduction of islamic extremists, there wouldn't be much to complain about.

My humble opinion.

What if the CIA had not started Al-Qa'ida..............................?

My humble opinion

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Tough calling the U.S. "the great Satan". We're not run by a religion that publically or even privately stones women to death for adultery. Nor do we oppress women, and force them to dress up where the sun can't shine on them like this:

Hardly a burqua but you can rest assured that Western nations suppress women in other ways.

Nor do we have any goals of establishing world wide sharia law at the expense of other people's freedoms of choice.

I really would have to take issue with the establishing world wide Sharia law bit and the freedom of choice. Maybe not Sharia law but definitely Alerican world wide 'democracy'. Where is the freedom of choice in that one is being introduced to it from 30,000ft?

If you want to see what Satan is just read about Muhammad, all that raping, pillaging, converting by the sword, pedophilia, lying, stealing (and stealing other men's wives), warring.

In all of the books written by men you will find the same.

From the bible:

2 Samuel 12:11 "This is what the LORD says: Out of your own household I am going to bring calamity on you. Before your very eyes I will take your wives and give them to one who is close to you, and he will sleep with your wives in broad daylight."

Samuel 15:3 "Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy all that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys."

And there are any many more in both books.

In that respect one religion is no better of worse than the other.

well you are right that those books that have been altered and mistranslated and written by human there are many many wrong attitudes towards God and prophets. although you can still find truths among them. but if you think you can bring such statements from Quran I will appreciate it!? if you can not, this is because Quran has been kept by it's original arabic words. and you can find only one Quran in the world but many misundrestandings of it !
if you can reach the Barnabas gospel in vatican, then you will realize the true facts about Jesus and the relation between Islam and Christianity !

Bible Deuteronomy 33:2 (New International Version, ©2011)
""" He said:The LORD came from Sinai""" there is a consensus that it is about Moses
""""and dawned over them from Seir;""" I say this is about Jesus (although jews leaders may not compeletly agree)
""" he shone forth from Mount Paran(mountains around Mecca).He came with[a] myriads(ten thousands) of holy ones from the south, from his mountain slopes.""" whom do you think the last refers to!? (although christians and jews leaders do not agree)

And from Gospel of Barnabass that is banned by vatican: barnabas.net...

chapter 17:: jesus says""" But after me shall come the Splendour of all the prophets and holy ones, and shall shed light upon the darkness of all that the prophets have said, because he is the messenger of God' And having said this, Jesus sighed and said: 'Have mercy on Israel, O Lord God; and look with pity upon Abraham and upon his seed, in order that they may serve thee with truth of heart.""'

chapter 82:: """The woman answered: "We look for the Messiah; when he comes he will teach us." Jesus answered: "Know you, woman, that the Messiah must come?" *She answered: "Yes, Lord." Then Jesus rejoiced, and said: "So far as I see, O woman, you are faithful: know therefore that in the faith of the Messiah shall be saved every one that is elect of God; therefore it is necessary that you know the coming of the Messiah;." The woman said: "O Lord, perhaps you are the Messiah." Jesus answered: "I am indeed sent to the House of Israel as a prophet of salvation; but after me shall come the Messiah, sent of God to all the world; for whom God has made the world.""""
edit on 23-7-2012 by maes9 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join