It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians, can you really call yourselves, a Christian?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Christian, means to be Christ like. But, on the boards here, and offline, many will judge you for having the slightest difference or even any difference in beliefs. The most common two are: You are going to hell, or you are doing the work of Satan. Christians give Satan way too much credit.

Didn't Jesus leave us this:
Matthew 7:1

"Do not judge others, and you will not be judged.

How can one claim to be a Christian, and follow his beliefs strongly, if you are constantly attacking others for their own individual beliefs? Instead of attacking others, why not try and see if from their perspective, instead of your own?

Do you want to stand before God, and he tells you, you could have helped another, but yet, you put them down, because they believe in something different than yourself?

It "seems" as though Christians judge more than Atheists do?

I implore all, to leave emotions at the door, and try and see if from the other persons side. You may even learn something yourself.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

I respect you for this one, Jhill. I suppose you're learning something after all.

Nice thread.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Love them, as I have loved you. The only way to the Father is through me. The Kingdom of Heaven is inside you. Jesus is love, Love is the path to God, Love which is the path to Kingdom of Heaven, comes from within.

And last but not Least, Jesus was found in the company of undesirables, more than the already pious. So using my best logic, Jesus especially loved those unwanted and reviled. We need to Love them as Jesus loved us all.

Thanks, that's my interpretation.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

How can you be sure anyone is Christian? The bible is very old and humans are corrupt. With no original copies how can we be sure the bible is accurate? How can anyone claim its the word of God when organized religions are guilty of genocide, murder, rape and other countless crimes threw out history? These same religions ruled the people along side monarchies so who is to know if the current bibles are anything like what was preached 1000 years ago.

???

It says in the bible we will know by there fruits, so many claiming to be Christian are not.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

How can you be sure anyone is Christian?

I go by what they openly confess as their faith, but again, it's just a label, it's not guaranteeing your spot in heaven.

It says in the bible we will know by there fruits, so many claiming to be Christian are not.

This is true. Prime example: The shooter in the news recently.

edit on 21-7-2012 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

I don't think the message Jesus brought us is the same as what is being offered by Christian denominations. He wanted us out of the building with magical signs and symbols and into the streets being good neighbors / people.

I don't believe in the trinity. Its pagan worship. Jesus NEVER spoke of it and scripture lacks any reference to it. Every pagan religion finds this at its core. It is a false Godhead easily usurped for dark worship through lies.

I don't believe in Virgin births. Its pagan as well. If he was or not birthed by "special" means I don't care. What did he say?

I don't believe in Greek philosophy being passed off as words from Jesus. They were pagan.

In short I have become my own priest. I put faith in MY OWN INTERPRETATION of spirituality. I have found the deepest connection to God ever. I will never ask another flawed being for his understanding of the infinite and incomprehensible. That is my work.

edit on 21-7-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

starrr....you people in Texas have more common sense.....
I',m in Dallas he he

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Well Christians are called to do a couple things that to none Christians may sound like a contradiction.

First being

1 john 4:1

Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

and

luke 17:3

So watch yourselves. "If your brother sins, rebuke him, and if he repents, forgive him.

If someone is expounding something that to a Christian is a false belief it is their duty to point it out.

If it is a Brother (fellow christian) than by all means we are called to counsel them of their false behavior and views.

But sometimes I think the setup of this forum and the contentious nature towards Christians may cause some to forget.

2 Timothy 2:24-26

And the Lord's servant must not be quarrelsome but kind to everyone, able to teach, patiently enduring evil, correcting his opponents with gentleness. God may perhaps grant them repentance leading to a knowledge of the truth, and they may come to their senses and escape from the snare of the devil, after being captured by him to do his will.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

Jesus NEVER spoke of it and scripture lacks any reference to it.

Many seem to think God and Jesus are one, but they are separate. He shows many times he prays, speaks, and takes direction from Father. If he was God himself, he would not need to do this.

What did he say?

This is what I tell others all the time. What did Jesus say on the matter, not the other writers in the bible, because you are now getting their view and not what he said himself.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

If someone is expounding something that to a Christian is a false belief it is their duty to point it out.

True, for any side. But, not by attacking the poster or the speaker.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Mathew 23:27-28

27 “Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of the bones of the dead and everything unclean. 28 In the same way, on the outside you appear to people as righteous but on the inside you are full of hypocrisy and wickedness.

Well as Christians follow, well are supposed to follow the example of Christ... He was real polite and cordial to the false teachers of the time...

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
A real Christian honors the Message of Christ by living through examples set by Jesus himself. A fake Christian lives like a Pharisee, on their high horse looking down at others scornfully with their "Superior attitude." That's the difference.

The bible is a historical tool, not meant to be relived, but to be learned from as the completion of the spiritual growth the Nation of Israel went through...until Jesus fulfilled the Coming of the Messiah of Jewish Scripture from the Old Testament. The Pharisees didn't take kindly to their control being usurped, they had hoped a Messiah never came. Just as Pharaoh didn't like Moses.

However, It so rarely sinks in, the bible lessons are difficult for children to sit through, and that rubs off on them as they grow, and become adults. So we get a lot of ex-Christians, simply because they would rather not be bored. And are easily convinced Jesus must be bad, because of the corrupt Regime's called Religion have perverted the bible by only holding Mass in Latin for 1900 years. Regular Joe's didn't understand Latin, so the Church's and Religions had complete control on the lessons they taught. They ruled by Fear & Ignorance of the people, using many Old Testament passages to scare worshipers, instead of the New testament to encourage the Love Jesus brought as the fulfillment of the old prophesies of love & kindness.

Does this help?

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
reply to post by jhill76

Mathew 23:27-28

27 “Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of the bones of the dead and everything unclean. 28 In the same way, on the outside you appear to people as righteous but on the inside you are full of hypocrisy and wickedness.

Well as Christians follow, well are supposed to follow the example of Christ... He was real polite and cordial to the false teachers of the time...

But, what he speaks is true, because he has the knowledge to know what really goes on in their head. How can any man do this? He had the ability to see what they truly were, man cannot do this, they can only perceive to know.

It's like you are using that verse to get a free pass to down on others.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

1 john 4:1 Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

Through their fruit, through studying the word and knowing what it says.

People expound a ton of false beliefs here on the forum, many Christians do about even Christianity, if you are a christian you are called to know the Word of God and what it says.

Take for an example Catholicism many of that Churches beliefs are fairly easy to know are false, to argue against, if you actually know the word of god.

The sad truth is there is no Acts church that exist now days, all hold some level of false doctrine.

Which is what exactly 1 Timothy 4:1 says will happen

The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons.

edit on 21-7-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Through their fruit, through studying the word and knowing what it says.

But, your interpretation can be different from anothers.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

The bible actually is pretty simple to read, no need to interpret much to get "saved" a man in a prison cell alone with no priest and no "religion" can become a Christian with just that book.

The division, the doctrines, the denominations.

Its shameful, Christ would be ashamed at how Christians are behaving.

Just because your "group" misinterpret a verse or two does not mean you go Form a whole new branch of Christianity...

The only reason I even responded to your thread was I agree, Christians should be ashamed, Especially in America.

I just disagree to some of your reasoning as to why.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

The bible actually is pretty simple to read, no need to interpret much to get "saved" a man in a prison cell alone with no priest and no "religion" can become a Christian with just that book.

I agree. But, others still seem to twist words to fit their own view.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

I agree. But, others still seem to twist words to fit their own view.

Exactly, it is why we need Christians who know what the book they claim to believe in, so they can spread their light.

If thats by calling out False teachers, calling them wicked and full of dead bones so be it.

For every christian that follows Christ there are 10 who don't.

For everyone that goes and feeds the hungry their are 10 that scream how God hates fags.

For every Christian that adopts a parentless child there are 10 that scream at young girls as they walk into abortion clicnics.

For every pastor who guards his flock there are 10 who fleece their flock, abuse the priviligae and trust by molesting or stealing.

Yes Christians should be ashamed, its no wonder the world treats us like a joke.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Exactly, it is why we need Christians who know what the book they claim to believe in, so they can spread their light.

I just hope that all do it in a way that embraces love, this way it won't turn so many off from what they do actually have to say.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

It doesn't help our case, that It's hip & trendy to be a strict materialist. Money, Bitches, Power.

just saying.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join