It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police to detonate explosives at Colorado suspect's home

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I am betting all the explosives are fake and if anything just bottles of gasoline or other highly flammable liquids.

The cops will use a small charge to set one off and burn down the building and lose any evidence.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I find no shame in posting it again. I don't want this post to get lost in the shuffle and people miss my true feelings for those who have suffered. It is my most important post on this horrible event.At this point I'm of the strong position that this individual worked alone, cold, and calculated. I honestly do not see him having any links to anyone else but himself. There are oddities in this event, but they are just the reflection of a disturbed personality. I would like give my deepest condolences to those who were affected, the friends and family members who now only have cherished memories to connect them to the lost. This is truly one of the low points in this thing we call time. Although I may challenge the story from time to time, I think it's just as important to recognize the story for what it is. Those were my people, maybe not by direct blood or association, but by our ambitions. Our wants to be happy in life, very evident in where those tragic events took place that terrible night.These are the truest and most heartfelt words I could say, and yet they can never take away any of the hurt that has been caused. Regardless of how the real story played out it is a tragedy, no matter where in the world. It is a grim reminder to us all that there are evil people there that wish to senselessly hurt others just out of meanness, no matter what their motives may be.It hurts me deeply that the innocent ones are the ones who are taken advantage of, and I can never help them. If I could I would give anything to help those undeserving. Those who don't get a chance to protect themselves.
edit on 21-7-2012 by GD21D because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by paganini

Originally posted by GD21D
Wait a second. Then why the f@#k would he tell the authorities that his place was rigged? Why would he even go through all the trouble of setting the traps up in the first place?

He was planning for the explosives to go off before he began gunning people down in the theatre. The explosions would have created a distraction and caused a huge scare and you would have had swarms of cops busy over there while he was on a rampage in another area of the city.

If the explosives had gone off prior to the shootings, this whole thing could have been even more huge. Maybe that was the original plan. While the authorities were attending to an apartment bombing, a mass theater/mall killing spree could have been taking place that may have made what has happened look small in comparison. Especially, if he wasn't acting alone. Then the news may have been reporting it as domestic terrorism.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I'm hoping someone can answer this:

Why, if the killer planned this and knew he'd have a theatre full of sitting ducks where the element of surprise, loud audio and dark interior would all work to his advantage... why would the booby trapped apartment even be necessary? Seems like a heck of a lot of work, when he could do far more destruction at the theatre and be done with it?

Also, how were all these "sophisticated" traps disarmed without causing damage to surrounding apartments?

Why would the authorities bust open a window initially (as reported) if the apartment was so intricately rigged?

How was the killer able to leave the apartment after setting it all up?

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Did anyone else notice the three men who where not wearing protective gear when breaking the glass window? They just had helmets and a vest on. One of the vests on the back said SWAT. If he really told them he had Booby trap in his apartment why are these men wearing none protective gear to enter? Makes no sense

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
He got himself a position in the history books among the most accomplished spree killers the world's ever seen. He surrendered in a way that insured he wouldn't even get himself a bruise out of this. Now he gets 3 hots and a cot with fame and infamy. Ugh..... I really think it's that simple here and the Apartment is an extension of whatever fantasy he's playing out for his tag line in the history notes. He seemed to be obsessed with being the Joker? Okay..what chemical based bombs did the Joker use in the movie or comic books, across multiple rooms?

This guy may have duplicated the answer to that question...and I'm no comic book person but people here are and this guy was. So....what bomb does this match of the Comic version or movie version of who he was emulating for his big splash into immortality by media?

edit on 21-7-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

Why go to the length of doing a PhD, and then do something like thi,s that will guarantee he will never have any freedom for the rest of his life? Seems odd to me.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

At one time she was indeed.

United States Navy Mine Disposal, or something like that. Anyhow, she built 'em, disposed of 'em, and knew her way around not just NATO standards, but warsaw pact, as well.

Though I'm fairly certain she's not current, since it's been twenty plus years. But some things remain constant...if it's too dangerous, for what ever reason, blow it up at a safe distance.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Everything I've seen and read leads me to that conclusion as well.

For all intents and purposes, he is the Joker. What's scarier, is there are people out there seeing this, and going "hmmm...".

Were I the cops, I'd be sweating the next few months... Not a hell of a lot you can do to stop a lone nut bent on killing as many as possible.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join